Songs That Scare The Shit Out Of You

tristy

Hmm... the other week I fell asleep with my iPod on shuffle, I awoke to the beginning bit of "Silverfuck" by Smashing Pumpkins, which isn't the best thing to be hearing at 5am after some heavy stoned dreams. It was quite freaky.

Most of Patrick Wolf's second album can be quite scary if you just come across it, shuffled for instance, without expecting it. Except "Landsend", that couldn't scare a kitten.

"Tales of Brave Ulysses" by Cream.

Anything of off the Morrissey album Kill Uncle. Not that it's frightening, it's just scarily bad. Silly Moz.

"Crown Of Thorns" by Corrosion Of Conformity

There's a bit in it with a flogging, and it just creeps me out.

Also when I was first getting into heavy music (about age 13-14) I was listening to a mix CD during a car ride to my sister's house and on the way back I fell asleep, and I awoke to "Du Hast". Not a good song to hear when you first wake up. Totally unscary any other time though.

The intro and outro to "House Of A Thousand Corpses" freaked me out a little bit when I first heard it, actually.

"The End" by The Doors scared me a tad when I first heard it many, many years ago.

Climbing Up The Walls by Radiohead is the creepiest song I've ever heard, especially towards the end... come to think of it, Radiohead seem to be good at that stuff.

'M1 A1' by the Gorillaz, seriously, the first time I heard it I was so ridiculously creeped out wondering where the noise was from. What I found even odder is the other day me and J were discussing it and realised we had the same mental image of a guy trapped and exactly where he was >_>

"Open Heart Zoo" by Martin Grech...doesn't 'scare the shit out of me', but it's really haunting and having heard that during a live performance he once broke down into tears (Don't know whether that's true or not) it's made it even more creepy. Awesome song though.