Never Mind the Buzzcocks

Benji

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Sonic Waffle.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about when he went to see him up in Newcastle on his last tour.

It's a shame I didn't go that night rather than the Friday. It sounded fucking brilliant.

Guest muddatrucker

Mark Lamarr isn't actually that funny, some girl said I was like him once, I slapped the taste outta her mouth and then raped her and shat all over her tits.

EDIT:

Agreed...when I saw Ross Noble, one of the few things I can remember (Besides it all being AWESOME....it was recorded, so it may potentially might be his next DVD release) was his exchange with a women that went;

HER - It was ment to start at half 7

HIM - No it wasn't...it was 8

HER - Oh yeah...that was Jimmy Carr

HIM - Jimmy Carr...how long did he do? (As people were starting to leave due to the carpark closing in like 10 minutes)

HER - An hour and twenty minutes

HIM - That's 'cause he's shit.

The cheers were fucking immense

HIM - I'm going to phone him up tomorrow and go "OI!!! JIMMY!!! YOU THIEVING BASTARD!!"

Agreed...when I saw Ross Noble, one of the few things I can remember (Besides it all being AWESOME....it was recorded, so it may potentially might be his next DVD release) was his exchange with a women that went;

HER - It was ment to start at half 7

HIM - No it wasn't...it was 8

HER - Oh yeah...that was Jimmy Carr

HIM - Jimmy Carr...how long did he do? (As people were starting to leave due to the carpark closing in like 10 minutes)

HER - An hour and twenty minutes

HIM - That's 'cause he's shit.

The cheers were fucking immense

HIM - I'm going to phone him up tomorrow and go "OI!!! JIMMY!!! YOU THIEVING BASTARD!!"

Whilst I'm not massive on Jimmy Carr as a standup comedian, Ross Noble is absolutely terrible, I saw his show on Channel4 a while back and it was disgustingly shite.

Guest muddatrucker

I'm not massive on Peter Kay, I appreciate he's a funny bloke and enjoy watching him on TV aswell as standup, I just think Ross Noble was absolutely useless when he was on stage.

He tried to be too random and funny for my tastes, as someone incredibly random during the day and somewhat crazy I just didn't find him funny, other than the Christopher Reeves joke which I just laugh at because Christopher Reeves was funny.

The next week they showed some Bill Bailey and it was like the Ross Noble performance except he brought his humour along with him. I don't knock him when I see him on TV, but as a standup comedian he was just out of his depth.

I like quick, dry wit, I like people taking the piss, I like people being negative, I love randomness, I didn't get that from him.

I'm not big on punchlines, infact I don't know any jokes, my humour comes from wittyness, sarcasm and piss taking and thats what I like to see back, I like funny people I don't like people trying to be funny.

IMO JLC adds something more to a show than Bill Bailey . Granted Bill Bailey is hillarious hes one of my favourite comedians but JLC made a fucking awful show called Flipside TV hillarious and most of his stuff on the E4 Games show is hillarious . Id prefer to see Bailey as stand up but JLC is a TV personality/presenter.

He is definately an aquired taste.
Here's a question, who the fuck wants to 'aquire' his taste in comedy. I go to a comedy show to laugh, not slowly develop an interest in the inner workings of the comedian :blink:

Ross Noble is hilarious, to me. Other people I know find him just plain annoying.

On the subject of Channel 4 showing standup routines, they're showing Dylan Moran's Monster show at 11:40 tomorrow night. It's fucking hilarious. Highly recommended for anyone who likes bitter humour.