Best Series Finale.

Guest Ringmaster

DS9

Nah. While the ending doesn't annoy me like it did the first time around (which seems to be the way with a lot of things. I somehow now find myself actually liking Ezri Dax), I would only rate the ending as 'satisfactory'. It didn't have the 'full circle' that TNG's had, or the finality of Voyager's. It is still the best series though.

The ending of the final Red Dwarf episode both infuriates and delights me.

Blackadder Goes Forth (fuck the specials that came afterwards) has the best possible ending it could have had.

One show I know alot of people watch that I loved the end of was Cheers. The final shot with Sam turnning off all the lights in the bar and the only light comming in through the window by the stairs was tear jerking.

The one I am pretty sure not that many people know about was Pretender. Great final show, that series ended way to quickly. 4 seasons wasn't enough.

Yeah. Cheers was great. Frasier's ending, though, was only adequate.

Who's The Boss could have had a great ending, but they ruined it. The producers thought that it would hurt syndication if Tony and Angela got married, so they didn't. Everything was left hanging, and I'd love to see a Who's The Boss re-union movie someday that does finally settle things.

And sorry, but I think Seinfeld is one of the most overrated shows of all time. I did see the finale, though, and I have to agree that it was one of the worst finales. Nowhere near as bad as Roseanne, however.

Regarding the endings of the various Star Trek series.....

The original series was cancelled without time for a real series finale.

TNG had one of the best series finales ever. And Picard finally sitting in with the crew's poker game was cool.

DS9's ending, like stokerino said, was only satisfactory, with no real finality to it. (But no, it is NOT the best series; Star Trek and TNG were, and still are, far better) It could have easily been a cliffhanger for another season, with a few minor tweaks to the script, instead of a series ender.

Voyager's ending was good. My only real complaint is that you didn't get to see the crew actually return, as the last thing you saw really was the ship landing. And the future was changed by the ship returning earlier and we didn't get to see what any of the changes were.

Enterprise I couldn't get into. I've seen far less episodes of it than any other Trek series, and didn't see the finale. However, the one crew member that they killed off in the finale just happened to be my favorite character on the show, so nuts to them. (In my opinion, Enterprise should NOT be considered canon, because it ignored a lot of things stated in previous series)

This'll sound dumb, but... how DID M*A*S*H end? It never showed the finale here, and since I actually liked the show, I was wondering about this...

Edited by GhostMachine