Elderscrolls IV Oblivion

EWRFan

Guest clintcasey

Maybe I should be asking you that? PC always gets the best new hardware first, and usualy the better games. But this console generation is different in that regards. This time around the best new hardware was developed for the consoles first and is only now starting to get ported over to the PC.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

I am done with the Mages Guild and now I am officially the Arch-Mage of Imperial City! If only I knew where to find more Black Soul Gems....

Also I did several miscellaneous quests. Got rid of a Daedra Staff for some lady and found an ancient Alkaviri relic for the Queen of Bruma(which was fun because most of the landmarks you had to find on your own and they where not shown on the map).

Guest clintcasey

Thats because you shouldn't torrent this game NEWB PIRATE.

The game is several disk you could leave a torrent running for days on a highspeed connection and not have it. Theres another side to the coin as well though. There have also been a few fake torrents put out for this game that are essentialy ISOs with a bunch of useless filespace used to make it look like its Elderscrolls 4 when its not. If you want this game your better off buying. Besides STEALING IS BAD!!!!!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!11!!1!!!!1

Combat tips:

- Use a shield in hand to hand combat. The recoil your opponents receive when they attack your shield stuns them for a couple of seconds and gives you an opening.

- Take range into consideration. A Long Sword or Claymore has more range than a dagger or hand axe. The shorter the weapon, the closer you need to get.

- Be smart and ambush whenever you can. According to your sneak skill, the attack can do from 2x to 6x damage or more.

- Bow and arrow rocks! Increase your marksman and sneak skill for a devastating combination. I did and I rarely have the need to go into hand to hand combat anymore.

- Create poisons. Not only this increases your alchemy skill, but the effects like damage endurace, damage speed and damage health help you a lot. If your opponent is tired, he cant swing as fast or as frequently.

- This is a no brainer, but enchanted weapons are a most in later levels. Also be wise and save up some silver or magical weapons for ghosts and wraiths.

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Louie Lakkard

I agree, there is some nasty things out there that a dam hard to kill.

I love bow and arrows too, I'm an elven archer, I kinda suck though. Give me a break I've only played it twice before.

I've started about a gazillion characters on this thing, with the longest lasting me only 30 hours before I get overwhelmed by the dreaded need to restart.

And I still haven't started the main quest, or visited Kvatch and Anvil. The only 'major' quests I'm anywhere nearing completion, or had neared completion, is the Arena, and about half of the Theives Guild.

At the rate I'm going, I'm never going to finish the game. <_<

I remember when I first bought this game, ot completely took over nearly 2 weeks of my life. Unfortunately, I started off by completing the Dark Brotherhood quests, the best in the game, and now, everything else just doesnt seem as fun as those missions.

Guest Louie Lakkard

Well it kinda takes more than 45 minutes for the game to get good. Anyway This game is not for everyone, guess your just one of those people.

I for one love this game. But that's just me.

To me the beginning was exciting....the fact that the way you played affected the suggested class and so on. Then when you come out and see how big the world is, well, I was kinda afraid all the time. I felt like a little ant in a big world where out of nowhere I could stumble upon something dangerous. Then as I started getting confidence and just doing whatever the hell I wanted, I felt like I was in control. Now I feel like a big, walking bank...I mean, I have over 45,000 gp, all the houses, the best horse....and I still have not started the main quest! The only series of quests I finished was the Mages Guild and only because I use alchemy a lot and the rewards for finishing the mages guild where good for that. I am 50% into the Thieves and Dark Brotherhood Quests and I am in the final mission for The Collector, having delivered all 10 statues.