Clerks 2

Ananas

To me, the movie lived up to expectations set by the first. It was not the same as the original, but it was hilarious. And I loved how it ended, because you now feel good about where the characters are at.

I forgot that Jay and Silent Bob still had there mad movie money from the Bluntman and Chronic movies. And is it hilarious that seeing God herself didn't change Jay and Silent Bob, but going to rehab did?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from seeing it and it was pretty damn good. The first ten minutes was a little slow and at first, I wasn't really laughing at the jokes and I thought "Oh no.. I hope the rest of the movie isn't like this" but that's when it picked up.

Lots of great stuff including Elias, who I didn't like at first but he grew on me by the end.

Oh yeah. Pillow Pants & Porch Monkey 4 Life!

The odd thing is that while KS said he'd do another JASB movie should Mewes stay clean for 5 years, he's also now saying that Clerks II was the official end to the Askewniverse. Maybe JASB2 will just be so out there that it won't involve any of the Jersey characters?

If I remember correctly, he wasn't even going to do another Clerks move (and Jeff Anderson almost didn't, until the script won him over.) So I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Why is Kevin Smith so obsessed with "ending" the Askew movies? Originally it was a trilogy. Then it was done after Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Now Clerks II is it? He needs to stop pinning himself into statements like this because it makes him look like a liar and somebody who really isn't a man of his word. People like these characters, he doesn't need to keep retiring them. He can make a Jersey Girl type movie then do a Clerks type movie to try and act like he still has some credibility. If he's serious about retiring these characters, kill them off and be done with it.

Why is Kevin Smith so obsessed with "ending" the Askew movies? Originally it was a trilogy. Then it was done after Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Now Clerks II is it? He needs to stop pinning himself into statements like this because it makes him look like a liar and somebody who really isn't a man of his word. People like these characters, he doesn't need to keep retiring them. He can make a Jersey Girl type movie then do a Clerks type movie to try and act like he still has some credibility. If he's serious about retiring these characters, kill them off and be done with it.

Saw it today and liked it. It either ranks third or fourth for me as far as View Askew movies go; it's definitely not as good as Chasing Amy or Clerks, but it's without a doubt better than J&SBSB, probably better than Dogma even though Dogma has less lame bits than Clerks II, and I'm not sure if I like it more than Mallrats but I probably do.

There's stuff in it that just doesn't work and feels utterly wrong; the dancing stuff was too much aside from Dante and Becky dancing (as seemingly implausible as Brian O'Halloran and Rosario Dawson having any chemistry is, they managed it), I understand that I'm not supposed to like Jennifer Schwalbach's character but I didn't just not like her in the sense that she was wrong for Dante, but because it's Kevin Smith's wife and she didn't need to be in this movie. He could have just as easily gotten a much better actress who could have used the role more.

And there are, at points, "oh what the fuck" cameos. Is it possible to hire someone to play "angry black woman" who is not named Wanda Sykes? Because I am fucking sick of Wanda Sykes. Like, she didn't suck but I just didn't want to see her there. The Affleck cameo was a bit much too. Jason Lee and Ethan Suplee's cameos worked well, but that's about it.

Still, I loved the movie. Randal Graves remains my favorite View Askew character simply because "PORCH MONKEY 4 LIFE" was the funniest shit in the whole damn movie. The dialogue was sharp, the character arc for Dante and Randal was nice and logical, and Elias, Becky, and Lance are all welcome additions to View Askew canon. Especially Elias. What the fuck, Elias.

Edited by Pepsi

Guest JT179

I got to see the movie the weekend it came out and I loved it. I took my girlfriend to the movie (who had never seen a Kevin Smith film until the night before when I forced her to watch the original Clerks) and she thought it was pretty good, sick in spots, but good none the less.

The Elias character was outstanding. I know people like him in college scary as it sounds. Dante & Randall are still the shit no matter how old they are. The closer it got to the end the somewhat sappier it got but I guess it kinda made sense to do that. Either way, I can't wait for the DVD and the deleted scenes!

Yeah, basically after the whole Porch Monkey incident the movie becomes more and more sappy, quick break for a donkey show, then it continues right into the fucking awesome, yet strangely homoerotic argument between Dante and Randall. I really liked that part of the movie. Randall suddenly became that much more of a character to me. While you could see it all film whenever it came up that Dante was leaving. Him actually getting upset over it and asking Dante not to leave was an awesome scene. Actually toyed with emotions.