Kingdom Hearts II

Vilge Duin

I picked it up the day of release but could only get around to playing it the past two days since I had a game going with the first Kingdom Hearts to freshen up my memory. Gotta say, that game was damn enjoyable this time through, far more than the two previous times I've played it.

And damn did they do a fine fucking job on this game. I've only played about 10 or so hours (subtract about two from just having it sit on a menu screen while I did things) and it's been a blast. Most every gripe I had with the first game so far has seemingly been rectified. The camera is great (albeit took a bit to get the hang of using the analog after just finishing the first game), the gummi levels are fucking great, combat is better and there is far more of it (on standard I find it to be a decent challenge) and even though I swear it was only my pet peeve I can open damn boxes during combat now. No more having to clear an area out first.

I actually find that the gummi stuff is superb. Has a very Star Fox like feel to it, plus each stage comes with different objectives after you've beaten them. The new style world map is a nice change too. The menu's are fixed up and more streamlined too. Everything about it is fantastic.

The story's been good so far too. Although, not having played Chain of Memories, I think I missed some info or something... First while didn't make too much sense of any kind. Although the creepy feel to everything was awesome. I don't know what it is though, but I love me some Disney. Most people scoff at the notion, but I love all the characters tossed in and such, it's just a fantastic experience (I could give a shit less about the Final Fantasy characters... just tossed in fodder to give nice cameos too).

I also gotta say, I hate the Internet most of the time. I've been anticipating this game since finishing the last, and it's about the only game I've wanted to play. And I knew I'd be buying it from the get go, so trying to have a totally virgin experience with little to no knowledge of it has been extremely difficult. Bastards love ruining shit, even so called "professional" reviews.

So yeah, anyone else have it yet or plan on getting it? It's an overall incredibly superior experience to the last game. Highly recommended on just what I've seen so far.

Edited by Vilge Duin

Guest Grapehead

My friend borrow my PS2 just before this was released, so when my other friend rented it I just copied it to my HD, I'll play it when I get my PS2 back. I'm damn excited about it though.

It's not been released in the UK yet, but soon, and from what I've seen it looks very good. Tell me though, what's the deal with the blond kid with the keyblade and Mickey with a keyblade?

*is playing KH1 & KH:CoM before KH2 release*

(Also, hide this topic from Benji, he hates Kingdom Hearts)

(Other also, should I do a KH diary?)

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

It's not been released in the UK yet, but soon, and from what I've seen it looks very good. Tell me though, what's the deal with the blond kid with the keyblade and Mickey with a keyblade?

I can't get enough of this game. It's almost infinitely better than the first. I played Gummi levels for 3 hours straight without noticing the time. Each world is also very enjoyable. The game is pretty lengthy too. I'm 20 hours in (just going at a leisurely pace) and I can still count half a dozen I know of that I haven't been to yet.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO BEAT F'ING LUXOR OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS?

Seriously...battling over time has got to be the most annoying...

GAH!

Other than that, good game.

Well I really liked this game until fucking Xaldin. I can understand making a boss hard but when you have him down to a sliver of health twice and the game doesn't count your attacks I think it's safe to say it just sucks all the fun out of it. Kind of a shame. :ohwell:

Luxord was pretty easy, you just have to watch his card tricks and stop him at the right time (watch the command menu). And then just wail on him when he's vulnerable.

And I have to agree, Xaldin was a bitch to face. Took awhile to work out his pattern, but you just have to watch him. He was the only one that Mickey came out and saved me in (shocked me too). Don't fight him like a regular boss, use his learn thing as many times as you can and then just Jump repeatedly (I usually could store up to 7 of them). Run when he is lunging around and try to jump in for the attack when he stops after. He's tricky, but once you figure him out he's not too difficult. Also, when he jumps on his "dragon" thing just run to one side of the bridge to get him over there, and once he stops and charges run to the other side. You should avoid the beam.

I think Xaldin is extremely over rated in difficulty. I didn't even reach the half-HP mark while beating him. Maybe it's just my luck, but so long as you stay away, and watch his moves, you can easily learn to counter just by watching him smack Donald and whomever around. But, then again I haven't really seen that difficult of an encounter yet on KH II.

Can't wait to fight Sephiroth.

Oh, and I may be wrong, I'm remembering that dragon fight in Mulan. Anyone else find it to be incredibly annoying having to get on its back?

Edited by Mortis

• 2 weeks later...