Leeds/Reading Festival

fourstarfizzle

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the tickets are on ebay, it's a sad thing really. Leeds is almost 'sold out' too, but I'm doing what I did last year and waiting for the other batches of tickets to get released.

And as for my not liking indie, I do like my fair share of indie, my 'shit' response was more from a lack of variation of headliners, compared to last year and the year before. I'll still be going no doubt as i love the Leeds atmosphere.

got my leeds ticket, i now hate fall out boy for only playing reading though.... they need a good slap in the face MCR played both leeds and reading in the same day last year, hence they deserve plenty of kudos, fall out boy not so much, and they pulled out of leeds/reading last year, ungreatful bastards

got my leeds ticket, i now hate fall out boy for only playing reading though.... they need a good slap in the face MCR played both leeds and reading in the same day last year, hence they deserve plenty of kudos, fall out boy not so much, and they pulled out of leeds/reading last year, ungreatful bastards

Hear, hear.

PHIL COLLINS FOR READING HEADLINER!

Ahem.

Aside from all of the Reading/Download bickering, let's just address the real festival issue this year - no Glastonbury = a wank year for festivals.

Of course, that might be just because I live about 50 minutes from the place, so it's officially closer to my house than a lot of bog-standard gigs that I go and see. <_<

Indie-kids always buy up the first batch of tix quickly, I was on MSN last night and my friend Laura, who's still at school, was counting down to 7pm when they went on sale. I asked her how she was gonna afford the £100+, as I've developed a new appreciation of money since I'm over £500 overdrawn these days.

She said "oh, I've got my dad's credit card."

No doubt she'll be paying it back to him, probably in monthly installments until the festival, but that still blows. When I was living at home, if I'd asked my dad if I could use his credit card to jizz £150 up the wall on a festival pass, he'd have given me a thick ear and a lecture about the value of money.

The hardest thing isn't being an indie-kid, it's liking the music indie-kids like but not coming from the super upper-middle class family that they all seem to come from. I couldn't even afford black nail polish and those weird suit-but-not-a-suit things they all wear! I was such an outcast at White Stripes gigs, I tell you.

Mind you, if you really want to go the festival, last year I found out that you can buy tickets at the gate for a slashed price, no risk. They apparently keep a few hundred, maybe few thousand, back for that sort of thing, so if you can't afford it now, do that. You've thus got months to save and/or weigh up if the line-up is worth it.

Lack of a single festival this year that really makes me want to save and buy a ticket makes me sad. Sure, they all have one or two good bands, but nothing that makes me feel I really, really need to be there. Pearl Jam, The Raconteurs and Maximo Park are the only bands at L/R that I really want to see.

Still, I couldn't afford to go either way >_>

There's always next year.

Looking at the Download line-up, the only band that proper interest me is Guns and Roses and Metallica.

I brought my Reading Festival weekend ticket from HMV in Slough on Tuesday morning. Im a big fan of Arctic Monkeys, MCR, Kaisers, The Streets, and would just love to see Sugar, were going down and Just A Day by Fall Out Boy and Feeder, so im looking forward to Reading this year.

Last years festival was awesome, and probaly one of my best weekends, so i feel the 144 pounds i shredded out this year will be well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

loads more bands announced that made me spaff in my pants....

NEW ADDITIONS...

FRIDAY 25TH - READING / SATURDAY 26TH - LEEDS

MAIN STAGE

FIGHTSTAR

RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

DIZZEE RASCAL

SECRET MACHINES

MYSTERY JETS

PEACHES

GOGOL BORDELLO

GUILLEMOTS

THE LONG BLONDES

SATURDAY 26TH - READING / SUNDAY 27TH - LEEDS

MAIN STAGE

FLOGGING MOLLY

RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

JET

CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH

THE FALL

THE SHINS

BE YOUR OWN PET

MILBURN

PLAN B

GIANT DRAG

747s

SUNDAY 27TH - READING / FRIDAY 25TH - LEEDS

MAIN STAGE

SLAYER

LESS THAN JAKE

DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL

TAKING BACK SUNDAY

MASTODON

RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

BOY KILL BOY

BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE

GOLDIE LOOKIN' CHAIN

HOPE OF THE STATES

THE DRESDEN DOLLS

THE AUTOMATIC

¡FORWARD, RUSSIA!

TAPES ‘N’ TAPES

THE MARSHALS

Not too exciting an update, but Mystery Jets, Long Blondes, Be Your Own Pet and Milburn are all worth seeing, and the GLC are the ultimate festival afternoon band.

Jet?!? What is this, Leeds 2002 (Where I saw Slipknot, and hilarity ensued).

sorry in a shit mood, and you said "real festival" like leeds wasn't one, i prefer leeds to download having being to both over the past couple of years, i like the variation leeds brings of not having heavy band after heavy band, I like the fact I can just go chill in the Carling or comedy tent or get fucked up in the dance tent