Leeds/Reading Festival

fourstarfizzle

loads more bands announced that made me spaff in my pants....

NEW ADDITIONS...

FRIDAY 25TH - READING / SATURDAY 26TH - LEEDS

MAIN STAGE

FIGHTSTAR

RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

DIZZEE RASCAL

SECRET MACHINES

MYSTERY JETS

PEACHES

GOGOL BORDELLO

GUILLEMOTS

THE LONG BLONDES

SATURDAY 26TH - READING / SUNDAY 27TH - LEEDS

MAIN STAGE

FLOGGING MOLLY

RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

JET

CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH

THE FALL

THE SHINS

BE YOUR OWN PET

MILBURN

PLAN B

GIANT DRAG

747s

SUNDAY 27TH - READING / FRIDAY 25TH - LEEDS

MAIN STAGE

SLAYER

LESS THAN JAKE

DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL

TAKING BACK SUNDAY

MASTODON

RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

BOY KILL BOY

BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE

GOLDIE LOOKIN' CHAIN

HOPE OF THE STATES

THE DRESDEN DOLLS

THE AUTOMATIC

¡FORWARD, RUSSIA!

TAPES ‘N’ TAPES

THE MARSHALS

Bolded are the ones I've heard of and are interested in/have seen before and would see again, whilst bolded and underlined are Mastodon, because they make your favourite band look gay.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for Franz and BSS. maybe Audioslave.

Overall, at those prices, I'd probably pass, even if I could make it. for all the people saying "this festival is shit/this festivel is shittier"... yeah, well. It's a festival. It's designed to draw a crowd and not delight an individual. It's probably always going to make more sense to see individual gigs then a festival, but you are essentially paying for the atmosphere and a few bands. If you don't like anyone, then of course you shouldn't go. That's common sense.

The prices aren't that bad, to be honest. You are looking at camping from Wednesday to Monday, and 3 days of music, from 12 midday till close to 12 midnight (on pretty much all the stages).

At least Reading isn't like other festivals that charge you seperately for camping, its all tied into the price.

Well, someone in this thread said they shreaded 160 for tickets. I assume thats in GBP, which converted, comes to 325 Canadian dollars. There was a concert on sale last summer that took place during the fall I think that had Franz Ferdinand and NIN. That was probably the best concert lineup I'd seen in my neck of the woods, and tickets were 142 dollars. So, more or less, this festival costs about the price of two arena concerts or 5 or 6 or depending on the quality, as high as ten bar shows. So if you're going for two bands, it makes little or no economic sense. If you like five or six bands and know you're going to have a good time, rock on, but I'm not suprised that at that price so many people find it a shit lineup. If I was hyped for a year and saved up my three hundred and fifty bucks and only got one or two bands I liked, I'd be nonplussed as well.

Yeah, but most people who go to this festival like more than just 5 or bands as it is aimed at a certain type of music more than most, with the odd band catering to more niche music fans.

It is people (which includes me) who come in here and aren't huge Indie fans which are picking one or two bands that they find halfway decent, whilst some of my mates who are Indie fans would love nearly all the bands on the line-up so far, just depends really.

loads more bands announced that made me spaff in my pants....

NEW ADDITIONS...

FRIDAY 25TH - READING / SATURDAY 26TH - LEEDS

MAIN STAGE

FIGHTSTAR

RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

DIZZEE RASCAL

SECRET MACHINES

MYSTERY JETS

PEACHES

GOGOL BORDELLO

GUILLEMOTS

THE LONG BLONDES

SATURDAY 26TH - READING / SUNDAY 27TH - LEEDS

MAIN STAGE

FLOGGING MOLLY

RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

JET

CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH

THE FALL

THE SHINS

BE YOUR OWN PET

MILBURN

PLAN B

GIANT DRAG

747s

SUNDAY 27TH - READING / FRIDAY 25TH - LEEDS

MAIN STAGE

SLAYER

LESS THAN JAKE

DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL

TAKING BACK SUNDAY

MASTODON

RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

BOY KILL BOY

BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE

GOLDIE LOOKIN' CHAIN

HOPE OF THE STATES

THE DRESDEN DOLLS

THE AUTOMATIC

¡FORWARD, RUSSIA!

TAPES ‘N’ TAPES

THE MARSHALS

Yeah I used to think they were average, then I saw them again on Friday before I came back to Uni. They've written better songs, have these fat electronica breakdowns, while theres a strobe going off and their drummer runs around hanging from the rafters and stuff. They put on a mental live show.