World Wrestling Federation - 2002

Guest HYA

SmackDown!

Thursday. January 17th, 2002

IPB Image

Kane & Big Show d. Billy & Chuck

The show got underway with footage of the Canadian Alliance arriving at the arena, before we headed down to ringside where Kane & Big Show were ready to take on Billy & Chuck. The big men made relatively easy work of their opponents, sending a message to the Dudleyz. Big Show scored the pinfall after hitting Chuck with the Chokeslam. After the match The Dudleyz attempted a run in attack, only to fail. Kane & Show fought Bubba and D-Von off and were about to hit a double Chokeslam, before the Dudleyz quickly scampered to the back.

Rating:

Christian Gives A Warning

Prior to his match with Al Snow, Christian got on the mike, saying that he hoped whoever his mystery opponent at the Royal Rumble was, was watching. He wanted them to see just exactly what they had in store for themselves in 10 days at the Royal Rumble. Christian then warned Snow, saying that he was going to get an even worse beating than Steve Austin did last Monday night!

Rating: 83

Christian d. Al Snow

The cocky European champion looked in trouble in the early going, with Al Snow hitting several big moves and generally taking the upper hand. However, the champ eventually wore Snow down and ended up hitting the Unprettier for the win.

Rating: ***¾

Booker T d. Matt Hardy

This was an entertaining, fast paced match-up. Late in the match it looked as if it might have been over after Booker hit the Book-end. However, instead of making the cover, Booker took time to taunt and hit the Spinaroonie! By the time Booker got to his feet, Matt hit the Twist of Fate. Matt made the cover but Booker got his foot on the ropes before three. Booker then rolled Hardy up out of nowhere and got his feet on the ropes for the three count.

Rating: **¾

Huge Match For RAW!

A video package was played, featuring the recent altercations between The Rock and Kurt Angle. The video then announced that the two would face off in singles action on RAW, with the winner receiving the #30 spot in the Royal Rumble and the loser entering at #1!

Rating: 93

Austin & Rock d. Test & Jericho by DQ

This was a very heated bout, with Austin looking more fired up than ever. Austin was heavily bandaged from last week’s attack at the hands of the Canadian Alliance. Jericho managed to avoid Austin throughout the match, tagging in Test to do his dirty work. Austin and Rock were quite dominant and were on their way to victory, before Jericho got his team disqualified after nailing Austin in the back of the head with a title belt. Jericho and Test started to beat Austin down, but the Rock made the save. Jericho and Test then hurried to the back, not wanting any of “The Rattlesnake” this evening.

Flair’s Not Going Anywhere!

“Naitch” came down to the ring, ready to address the fans and more importantly, Vince McMahon.

Flair: “Whoooo! All week people have been asking me .. Naitch, are you gonna step down as the co-owner of the WWF? .. Well .. to answer the question .. HELL NO! Whoooo! McMahon, my reign as co-owner of the WWF is JUST GETTING STARTED! Whoooooo! I’ve been stylin’ and profilin’, I’ve been walking that aisle, I’ve been doing things the hard way for over twenty years, and I’m sure as hell not gonna stop now! Whooooo!”

Suddenly Flair was interrupted by the music of Vince McMahon! Vince made his way down to the ring, stepping face to face with the “Nature Boy.”

Rating: 96

The Hard Way

Vince said that he accepted Flair’s decision. He said that he’d hoped Flair would have taken the easy route, but if Flair wanted to do things the hard way, that was his decision. All of a sudden the lights in the arena went out. The arena stayed in a darkened state for almost a minute. When the lights came up, Flair was unconscious and bloodied in the middle of the ring, with Vince standing over his fallen body with a sickening smile!

Rating: 90

Rob Van Dam d. Edge to retain the IC championship

The main event was extremely competitive, in the rematch for the IC title. This bout was a little shorter than their last encounter, but it had the same high level of intensity. Late in the match it looked as if Edge had won his title back after hitting the Spear, but RVD kicked out just before the three! Edge then looked for a second spear, but RVD dodged it and rolled him up in a small package, scoring the three count out of nowhere!

Rating: ***½

Post Match Handshake?

RVD and Edge shook hands after the match, before walking to the back together. Once the two got to the top of the stage Edge raised RVD’s hand and pointed to him, as if he were telling the crowd to “give it up” for RVD .. suddenly Edge then kicked RVD in the gut, before throwing him off of the side of the stage and through a table! Edge looked down at RVD who appeared to be unconscious with an intimidating, insane look on his face as SmackDown! went off the air.

Rating: 72

Overall Rating: 82 (=)

TV Rating: 5.60 (=)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right here we go.

Kane And Bog Show as tag team? Well, it was okay in 2006, so why not here.

Christian was a memeber of that Canadian Alliance-thing right? Well, then I guess his small interview makes sense. Cockiness and all. Good Christian segment. Match was okay, good end of it.

Booker and Hardy match was needed I guess, since i guess Booker was pretty pissed off at his loss on RAW. So it was good that he won.

Why Rock and Angle? But cool nonetheless, and cool stipulation.

Austin and Rock vs. Test and Jericho, was good because of the build-up thing on RAW.

The Flair / McMahon segment was, well okay, but i hope you get too see who did it. Maybe Undertaker because he did'nt defend the belt?

RVD and Edge match was anticipated cuz' he had that rematch clause. Good ending off the show BTW, cool feud too start up.

Overall a good SD!, with good build-up for Royal Rumble.

As i read, Kane and Show on the squash again? Meh. Good hype for Christian's match, i almost forgot about it! And you built up Christian too but we need more build up and speculation of his opponent at the Rumble. Booker T gets the win which he needs but i hope he gets involved next week in the Angle/Rock match which could be interesting. I can see Rock coming in at 1 though. Random pairing of The Rock and Austin isn't it? Anyway decent build up for Austin Vs Jericho i guess but nothing too brilliant. I wanted a little more build up here before the surprise but this is one of the best things you have going at the moment. I reckon Taker did the beatdown. Good match and although i predicted it i like the turn and it should be a good feud to elevate both.

Average show with some highlights, C+ from me.

-Hopefully the Dudleyz retain.

-Christian will retain at the RR … right?

-Nice to see the Cda. Alliance being your classic heels.

-That was Undertaker that did that, right? If so, AWESOME. If not, well, it is still pretty cool.

-I just don’t like two “holy shit” moments (Flair and Edge) straight after each other, but the ending was still good. I was wondering why Flair/Vince wasn’t the main event segment, but this showed why.

Scheduled for Monday Night RAW 01/21/02:

• The Rock faces Kurt Angle in a huge match. The winner will enter the Royal Rumble at #30, the loser enters at #1!
  • The Dudleyz team up with Billy & Chuck to take on their RR opponents Kane & Big Show as well as The Hardyz in eight man tag action!
  • Tajiri will defend the Cruiserweight title against Billy Kidman
  • Plus the Canadian Alliance and Steve Austin will both be in the house – anything could happen!
  • What will Edge have to say after his hideous attack on RVD on SmackDown?!
  • And what exactly happened to Ric Flair when the lights went down last Thursday night? Flair will be looking for answers on Raw!

RAW

Monday, January 21st, 2002

IPB Image

Kane, Big Show & The Hardyz d. The Dudleyz, Billy & Chuck

RAW kicked off with eight man tag action as Kane & Big Show teamed up with the Hardyz to face the Dudleyz and Billy & Chuck. The ref struggled to keep order in this one, and it was pretty much a messy eight man brawl. The finish came when Kane hit the Chokeslam on D-Von before getting the three count. Kane & Show signalled that they were coming for the tag team titles after the match, sending a warning to the Dudleyz.

Rating:

The Rumble Is Just Six Days Away

Kevin Kelly was standing by with Chris Jericho. Kelly mentioned the several attacks Jericho and the Canadian Alliance had inflicted on Austin in past weeks, and how that has fired up the “Texas Rattlesnake.” He then asked if Jericho was at all worried about facing Austin in just six days time at the Royal Rumble.

Jericho: “You’re right Kevin Kelly, over the last few weeks it’s been one attack after another. One embarrassment after another for Austin. And there is no question about it .. I’ve made him angry. I’ve gotten underneath his skin. Austin wants to beat the living hell out of me! But you know what, that’s exactly what I want. That’s what I’ve wanted all along. Austin’s so angry, he’s so hell-bent on kicking my ass, that he’s gonna make a mistake. He’s gonna screw up, and I’m gonna walk out of the Rumble STILL the undisputed champion. But ya’know what .. I’m in a fighting mood. So later on tonight, I’m going to go down to that ring and call Austin out .. and I will beat his redneck ass all over this arena, right here in front of all the assclowns in Greenville, South Carolina!”

Rating: 94

Tajiri d. Billy Kidman to retain the Cruiserweight title

This match got underway with Tajiri unleashing a flurry of vicious stiff kicks to the challenger in quick succession. The champ controlled the early going, but as the match wore on Kidman took the upper hand. Late in the bout Kidman looked for a Powerbomb, only to be misted in the face! Tajiri then levelled a death kick to the head and made the pinfall to retain the title.

Attitude Change

Edge cut a promo in the backstage area, talking about his attack on RVD last Thursday night on SmackDown!

Edge: “If anybody’s wondering where Rob Van Dam is tonight .. he’s in a hospital bed! And you know why? RVD is an egomaniac. He’s someone who tried to steal the spotlight away from me. For my entire career, I’ve had people like that holding me down and stealing my limelight. Well people like that have stood in my way for long enough. Edge is nobody’s bitch! And from now on .. anyone who gets in my way, will end up in the same place as Rob .. Van .. Dam!”

Rating: 80

Booker T d. Spike Dudley

Booker controlled this match, proving to be far too strong for Spike. However, Booker’s arrogance nearly cost him the match. Instead of making the cover after hitting the Scissors Kick, he decided to do the Spinaroonie. Spike took advantage and nearly got the three count after a quick rollup. After this Booker composed himself and eventually hit another Scissors Kick for the win.

Rating: **

Who Will Go To WMX8?

Lillian Garcia was standing by with Kurt Angle in the back. She asked if Kurt was confident heading into his huge match up with The Rock tonight.

Angle: “Lillian, I’ve beaten the Rock more times than I care to remember. Hell, I beat the Rock to win my first WWF title! So am I confident? Of course I’m freaking confident! But you know what, I’m no ordinary Joe .. I’m not your average nobody .. I’m an Olympic champion. I’m the greatest athlete in the world today. And whether I enter the Royal Rumble at #30 .. or #1 .. I will win, It’s my destiny to go to the main event at WrestleMania. Oh it’s true, it’s damn ..”

”Tell me you did not just say that!” Angle was cut off by Booker T who had just entered the back after his win over Spike Dudley.

Booker: “Kurt Angle you might have had a shot at winning the Royal Rumble, if it wasn’t for one little thing dawg .. if it wasn’t for the 5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time. 5-time WCW champion! Damn sucka, I’m goin’ to WrestleMania and there ain’t no doubt about it! .. and ya’know something else .. I’m’ma throw yo’ass over the top rope myself! Now can you dig that?!”

Angle stepped up and got in Booker’s face and an intense stare down began.

Angle: “Booker T .. you are a nobody. Hell, I’m surprised you’re even in the Royal Rumble! I mean, Funaki has a better chance of winning it then you! But why don’t you watch my match against the Rock tonight .. and maybe you’ll pick up a few pointers.”

Angle walked off down the corridor, leaving a very angry Booker T shaking his head.

Rating: 82

The Champ Calls Out The Challenger

The Canadian Alliance came down to the ring, lead by Chris Jericho. Christian got on the mike first and hyped his title match at the Royal Rumble. Christian said that he was the greatest European champion of all time, and it was going to take something out of the ordinary for such a huge upset to occur. He then handed the mike to Jericho. Y2J said that earlier in the night, he claimed he was going to call Austin out. Jericho said he was a man of his word and demanded that Austin bring his ass down to the ring immediately! The glass shattered and out came .. “Austin” .. who was actually a midget look-alike of Stone Cold. The Canadian Alliance had a good laugh as “Austin” went through several catchphrases and flipped the bird to the fans. Then suddenly Austin’s music hit again and this time, the REAL Steve Austin came sprinting down the ramp. Austin slid in the ring and quickly took down all four members of the CA with right hands. Stunner on Test! Stunner on Storm! Stunner on Christian! Austin looked for the Stunner on Jericho, but Y2J squirmed out and quickly backed up the ramp. Austin stared the champion down and signalled that he was coming for the undisputed title as we went to a commercial break.

The Hurricane d. William Regal

Footage was shown of the last time these two met, where Regal used the brass knucks to get the victory. This match was very similar, and things didn’t look good for Hurricane when Regal went for the aid of the brass knucks late in the match. However, Hurricane ducked the shot with the knucks and quickly rolled Regal up to get the three count and the upset win!

Rating: **¼

Ask And You Shall Receive!

Ric Flair came down to the ring with heavy bandaging around his head, demanding that Vince McMahon come out and explain who was behind the attack last Thursday night on SmackDown! Vince came down and said that if Flair wanted answers .. then he’d get them. Suddenly the lights went out again just like last week. When they came up however, Flair was still standing .. with THE UNDERTAKER standing behind him! Flair turned around and was nailed with a huge Chokeslam! Taker then beat Flair around ringside before finishing off the attack with a Last Ride through the announce table! Vince then stood over Flair and announced that while looking through Flair’s contract, he found something very interesting .. Flair is titled as “Owner/Wrestler” .. meaning Vince could book him in whatever kind of match he wanted. And at the Royal Rumble, Flair would face the Undertaker in a No Holds Barred match!

Rating: 96

The Rock d. Kurt Angle

Tonight’s main event was certainly a Match of the Year candidate, which went past the twenty minute mark. Booker T decided to come down to ringside and do some special guest commentary. Booker talked trash about Rock and Angle throughout the match, and in the end it would be his distraction that would lead to The Rock hitting the Rock Bottom for the win. Booker quickly left to the back with a big smile on his face, after getting one over Angle. The Rock would be entering the Rumble at #30, while Angle would have to enter at #1!

Rating: ****½

Overall Rating: 84 (+2)

TV Rating: 7.20 (+.38)

-Hopefully the Big Show and Kane victory here means the Dudley Boyz will win at the Rumble.

-I love Jericho, but where was the Canadian Alliance? They should have been with him as a stable.

-I forgot about the cruiserweight division honestly. Hopefully you put some angles into that side as well.

-I wonder if the Canadian Alliance will get in Edge’s way. I seriously do.

-I predict Booker will cost Angle the main event.

-Nice Canadian Alliance segment, good way to get me pumped for the match.

-Awesome to see Taker actually do something! It should be a great match for the Rumble.

-Awesome main event. Would have been sweet to see on TV.

Looking forward to the Rumble!

Scheduled for SmackDown! 01/24/02

• Steve Austin faces Christian and Lance Storm of the Canadian Alliance in a handicap match
  • Kurt Angle takes on Kane in singles action
  • The Undertaker defends the Hardcore title against Al Snow
  • Test faces Scotty 2 Hotty
  • Plus, we’ll hear from the Dudley Boyz, Kurt Angle and Rob Van Dam on the last stop to the Royal Rumble this Sunday!

SmackDown!

Thursday, January 24th, 2002

IPB Image

Al Snow d. The Undertaker to win the Hardcore title

This was looking to be another easy title defence for the champion, as Undertaker convincingly beat down Snow. However, before Taker could make the cover for the win, Ric Flair came running down to the ring and laid Taker out with a stiff steel chair shot to the back of the head. Snow managed to get an arm over Taker and the ref counted three! A new hardcore champion here on SmackDown!

Rating:

The Dirtiest Player In The Game Is Back!

After Taker’s loss to Snow, Flair came into the ring looking more fired up than ever and nailed Taker with a series of right hands. Taker tried to fight back to no avail and Flair soon clotheslined Taker over the top rope! Taker then backed up the ramp looking shocked and intimidated as he stared down at the “Nature Boy.” Flair stared right back, shaking in intensity as he got on the mike.

Flair: “Whoooo! Undertaker, you wanna get involved in my business?! You wanna do Vince McMahon’s dirty work and attack me?! Well Taker, do you see what you’ve done?! You’ve brought back the dirtiest player in the game! And this Sunday, I’m gonna kick .. your .. ass! Whooooo!”

Rating: 87

The Dudleyz Are Ready

Jonathon Coachman was standing by with Stacey Keibler and The Dudleyz in the backstage area. Coach said that Kane & Big Show had been on a roll over the last few weeks and might even be the favourites going into the Royal Rumble. Stacey went to respond, but an angry Bubba cut in.

Bubba: “Excuse me?! What the hell did you just say? Favourites my ass! Kane and Show, yeah, they’ve had a few wins in a couple of meaningless matches over the last few weeks, but so what? We’re the greatest tag team in the history of this business. And I think everyone needs to remember just what happened the last time we faced Kane & Show – we beat their ass and walked away with our titles. And that’s exactly what’s gonna happen this Sunday!”

D-Von added an “Oh my brother, TESTIFY!” before we crossed back down to ringside.

Rating: 86

Test d. Scotty 2 Hotty

The big man of the Canadian Alliance looked impressive here, finishing Scotty off in less than three minutes. The finish came when Test caught Scotty with the Big Boot, before making the pinfall for the victory.

Rating:

Can Angle Defy The Odds?

Kurt Angle was standing by with Lillian Garcia in the back. Lillian talked about his match with The Rock on RAW, which he lost due to interference from Booker T. Lillian questioned how confident Angle could be, having to enter the Rumble at #1.

Angle: “Well firstly, it turns out Booker T’s a little smarter than we all gave him credit for, because he decided to not show up tonight. But Booker, this Sunday in the Royal Rumble you’re going to have nowhere to run. And as far as entering at #1 .. I’ve been defying the odds my entire life. I mean, I won an Olympic gold medal with a broken freaking neck! And this Sunday I’m gonna win against the odds one more time. But as far as tonight goes .. Kane .. I’m gonna make you tap! Oh it’s true, it’s damn true!”

Rating: 91

One Angry Dude Indeed

Jonathon Coachman was in the back with RVD, questioning the IC champ about the attack he received at the hands of Edge one week ago.

RVD: “Well Edge, he’s one angry dude. I mean, you saw him throw me off of the side of the SmackDown! Set last week – he’s pissed off! But hell, if I were Edge, I’d be pretty pissed off too. Not only did I take his title, but I beat him twice in a row and embarrassed him in front of millions of people. Well Edge, I’m afraid I’ve got some more bad news for’ya. At the Royal Rumble, you’ve got one more ass kicking to take from *does thumbs* Rob-Van-Dam!”

All of a sudden Edge appears out of nowhere and lays RVD out with a chairshot to the back! He then says that he’ll see RVD this Sunday and quickly leaves the scene. Cole explained that this match wasn’t going to be for the IC title, it was all about revenge.

Rating: 78

Kurt Angle d. Kane

This was a solid, hard-hitting contest and the fans were right into it. Late in the match it looked like Kane was going to come away with the win as he set Angle up for the Chokeslam. However, The Dudleyz and Stacey came down to the ring. While Stacey distracted the ref, The Dudleyz hit Kane with the 3D! Big Show came down to run the tag champs off, but the damage had been done and Angle made the cover to pick up the win.

Rating: ***½

The Canadian Alliance Talks Tactics

The cameras crossed to the locker-room where Chris Jericho was talking tactics with his Canadian Alliance, with Christian and Storm facing Austin in a handicap match tonight.

A WrestleMania Rematch?

The Rock was walking in the back when he bumped into Steve Austin. The two talked about the Royal Rumble. Rock said that after Austin lays the smackdown on Chris Jericho’s candy ass, he’d win the Royal Rumble and he’d be coming to face Austin for the title at WrestleMania! The two shook hands before heading off their separate ways.

Rating: 87

Steve Austin d. Christian & Lance Storm

The main event was a heated one, with Steve Austin fired up just three days away from the Royal Rumble. Jericho and Test accompanied Christian and Storm to ringside and were a constant distraction throughout the match. Late in the match Jericho looked to take Austin out with a title belt, but accidentally hit Storm! Austin then hit Y2J with the Stunner, and then hit another one on Christian for the win! Austin celebrated with a few Steveweisers, signalling that the Undisputed title was going to be his after this Sunday! The show went off the air with graphics running through the line-up for the Royal Rumble, which would take place in just three days time!

Overall Rating: 83 (-1)

TV Rating: 5.90 (+.30)

Edited by HYA

-Good way for Undertaker to lose the title, gives his match with Flair more meaning down the line.

-I think it would be awesome if Test cost Scotty 2 Hotty’s spot in the Royal Rumble, because Test also did it during the Immunity battle royal at Survivor Series. It could be a cool No Way Out match.

-You have Angle spot on.

-Just a little quirk, but I think it is Jonathan Coachman, with two “a”’s and one “o”

-With no Intercontinental title on the line, I’d say Edge will win because of already losing twice.

-When I first read that Angle won, I was upset, but because of the interference, it is alright.

-What was Jericho saying? Unless it spoils the main event, you should have told us.

-Austin shaking hands seems a little weird.

-I hate when two-on-one’s end with the single man winning. Just makes the other team look weak.

Another good show, but I didn’t like some of the decisions.

Just a question, if a wrestler wrestles earlier in the night, are they eligible for the Royal Rumble?

IPB Image

30 Man Royal Rumble Match:

Winner Faces the Undisputed Champion @ WrestleMania X8!

Undisputed Title Match:

Chris Jericho © vs “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

No Holds Barred:

The Undertaker vs Ric Flair

Tag Team Title Match:

The Dudley Boyz © vs Kane & Big Show

Grudge Match:

Rob Van Dam vs Edge

European Title Match:

Christian © vs Mystery Opponent

Prediction Contest:

1 point for each correct match

Bonus Questions:

Which match will open the show? (1 point)

Who will be in the final four of the Royal Rumble? (1 point for each correct participant)

Who will Christian’s mystery opponent be? (3 points)

Which match will get the best star rating? (1 point)

Note: Oh and remember to leave explinations for your predictions, otherwise TGC will exercise his right to FUCK SHIT UP OLD SCHOOL ON YO'ASS! ... or he might just warn you .. either way .. they're both bad.

Edited by HYA

IPB Image

The Rock

***** Rock and Jericho, both being so charismatic, would be an awesome WrestleMania match IMO.

Undisputed Title Match:

***** Jericho won't lose now. He just won't, a two month reign would be horrible.

No Holds Barred:

Undertaker vs Ric Flair

***** Flair gains nothing to win, but if there is a rematch later on, Flair will win this time. But as of now, Taker wins.

Tag Team Title Match:

Dudley Boyz © vs Kane & Big Show

***** Had the Dudley Boyz to retain, but heels were going to win the rest of the matches. So KBS win.

Grudge Match:

Rob Van Dam vs Edge

***** Non-title and RVD has already won twice. Edge has to win.

European Title Match:

Edit - How funny would it be if it was Lance Storm or Test?

Prediction Contest:

Bonus Questions:

Which match will open the show? (1 point) European

Who will be in the final four of the Royal Rumble? (1 point for each correct participant) Angle, Triple H (I think he will return), Rock and Kane

Who will Christian’s mystery opponent be? (3 points) British Bulldog

Which match will get the best star rating? (1 point) Jericho/Austin

Edited by Kevin Elliott

Sorry I did'nt comment before now. Well, here goes.

My overall meaning of RAW and SmackDown! is that they were both very good last build-ups for RR. really great.

Steve Austin got his revenge twice and made good impact on the CA; which was good, because I hope he's gonnabe the new Undisputed Champion.

The Kane & Show/Dudley Boys Feud is a little lame, if you ask me. IT has'nt got as much build up as the other ones. But an okay feud for the tag titles.

Now Booker T and Angle? Pretty cool too have angle start as number one and Rock start as number thirty. I'm really excited too see who's gonna win.

And finally Undertaker got rid of that Hardcore title, and entered a good storyline. Great! (Y)

Good you're bringing up some cruiserweight action, have Tajiri enter a storyline with another good cruiser and this diary will be even better.

Great build'up's for RR and can't wait till you post it. :)

IPB Image

Kurt Angle / The Rock

Sorry, just can't make my mind up on this one. Kurt Angle would be cool, but as Elliott says a Jericho/Austin vs. Rock match would one for the history books.

Undisputed Title Match:

''Stone Cold'' Steve Austin

He's a top star, and fitting him with the title would be realistic approach in my eyes.

No Holds Barred:

Undertaker

Just because. Ric Flair dose'nt stand a chance.

Tag Team Title Match:

The Dudley Boys

Even though K&BS are bigger, The Dudley's are the superior tag team. They would look weak, kinda, if they lost.

Grudge Match:

Rob Van Dam vs Edge

Edge

He deserves it. Though i'm a RVD mark, i just don't see him fitting the IC title and Edge would be a good outcome.

European Title Match:

Christian

It would make Christian look weak if he lost too a random opponent.

Prediction Contest:

Bonus Questions:

Which match will open the show? (1 point) European Title Match

Who will be in the final four of the Royal Rumble? (1 point for each correct participant) Angle, The Rock, Booker T and Bog Show

Who will Christian’s mystery opponent be? (3 points) No idea

Which match will get the best star rating? (1 point) Jericho vs. Austin

Note: Oh and remember to leave explinations for your predictions, otherwise TGC will exercise his right to FUCK SHIT UP OLD SCHOOL ON YO'ASS! ... or he might just warn you .. either way .. they're both bad.

That's was my 25-cent's.

Edited by SVA

Ok a few shows to leave feedback on, nice.

As i read Raw, I'm not a huge fan of Kane and Show but i suppose it gives them something to do as you seem to be short on ideas for most of your roster in my view. Nice Jericho interview and lets hope Jericho can keep his upperhand to really build this up, my only problem here is that you're building up Austin for the win so far unless that's your plan? Filler. So Edge is the angry young man much like real life, well i like how he does it in real life but without the whole Hardy/Lita thing in your diary it'll be harder to get him over i think. Filler, where's Angle and Rock or has that ended now for Booker, i hope not. Ah, i speak too soon, i'm loving this three way from the rumble and i can't wait to see what happens between the three, i really hope they all are in the ring together at some point. Midget? Benn done but at least Austin didn't get his hands on Jericho, yet. Good psychology in the match between Regal and Hurricane there. I think Taker/Flair could of been built up for WM like real life but we'll see how long you have this gone on for before i complain too much. Nice end to the show and a good match and i'm glad to see Booker again.

Overall, C+ Nothing too special and you're riding Angle/Booker/Rock on this show.

Smackdown, Yes, you drop the belt and in a good way. Nice work. I don't like Taker be overpowered despite the chair shot especailly by a 60 year old but hopefully Flair will lose at RR. Good hype i guess for the Rumble, good win for the CA there. Angle/Kane should be awesome but i hope Booker does show up tonight. Why is RVD bragging, Edge threw him off the stage shouldn't he be pissed of too? Anyway decent build for the Rumble that's looking stacked at the moment. I'd like to see Kane kick out of the 3D but then i guess how would Dudley's win at the Rumble. Interesting build though. Hype for the main event, good use of time here. I like the WM rematch idea but i don't like the handshake, they may respect each other but they certainly don't like each other and the handshake should be left to WM as a fitting end following the year before's happenings.

Overall a poor show just before RR, i give it a E as it just didn't build for the Rumble well in my eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner Faces the Undisputed Champion @ WrestleMania X8!: The Rock

I want to see Austin Vs Rock at Mania. Hopefully Triple H is strong too. Actually now i think about it where is The Game's hype? His return has had none at all. Poor show there really.

Undisputed Title Match:

I hope Austin wins for the WM Rematch i mentioned a few million times already.

No Holds Barred:

Taker would look weak if he doesn't win.

Tag Team Title Match:

Unless you split them up i'm not sure how they can lose.

Grudge Match:

Rob Van Dam vs Edge

Edge needs it, simple. Shouldn't the title be on the line?

European Title Match:

No idea, lets hope it's someone good.

Prediction Contest:

Bonus Questions:

Which match will open the show? Tag Match

Who will be in the final four of the Royal Rumble? Kane/HHH/Rock/Angle

Who will Christian’s mystery opponent be? DDP

Which match will get the best star rating? Jericho/Austin

Looking forward to the Rumble.

This is really excellent stuff, just read the whole thing so far from start to finish. This was around the time I started to become less interested in WWE, so it's nice to see what direction you're taking it in.

The Rock

Undisputed Title Match:

Chris Jericho ©

No Holds Barred:

The Undertaker

Tag Team Title Match:

The Dudley Boyz ©

Grudge Match:

Edge

European Title Match:

Christian ©

Prediction Contest:

Bonus Questions:

Which match will open the show? Edge vs. RVD

Who will be in the final four of the Royal Rumble? Kurt Angle, The Rock, Booker T and HHH

Who will Christian’s mystery opponent be? Tazz

Which match will get the best star rating? Jericho/Austin

ROYAL RUMBLE

Date: 01/27/02

Attendance: 17,850

Venue: George Phillips Arena

IPB Image

The broadcast opened up with a video package, running us through the history of the Royal Rumble and hyping up tonight’s event. We then crossed to the arena where some pyro lit up, before the cameras panned around the arena and headed down to ringside. Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler welcomed us to the first pay per view of the year, the 15th annual Royal Rumble! JR & “King” then ran through the card, before some music started up and we headed down to the ring.

IPB ImageIPB Image

Grudge Match: Rob Van Dam vs Edge

RVD made his way down to the ring to open the show, as JR discussed the recent altercations between he and Edge. Edge entered the ring to a hostile reception from the Atlanta fans and the match got underway. The two fired away at one another with a series of right hands before Edge whipped RVD into the ropes. He then set up for the back drop but RVD rolled over it, before coming back off the other ropes with a spinning back-kick.

RVD took Edge down with a number of kicks, leading Edge to slide outside the ring and regroup. RVD came diving over the to rope to the outside with a flipping aerial attack, but Edge dodged it. Edge then started to take control of the match, giving RVD a beat down around ringside. The two eventually worked their way back into the ring. Edge continued to take control, but eventually RVD turned the tide after reversing an attempted powerbomb into a hurracarana. RVD then hit the Rolling Thunder which got a long 2 count.

The match continued when RVD threw Edge into the turnbuckle. RVD looked for a clothesline, but a cowardly Edge pulled the ref in front of him, knocking the official down in the process, Edge then looked for a backdrop, but RVD reversed and hit a backdrop of his own. RVD then went up top and hit the 5 Star Frog Splash! He made the cover, but there was no referee to make the count!

RVD went over to try and revive the referee. By the time he was able to get the referee to stand, Edge was up on his feet. RVD then turned around to be hit with a Spear by Edge! Edge made the cover, but RVD kicked out just before three! Edge couldn’t believe it and looked as if he were about to lose his temper. However, he regained his focus and then hit RVD with a second spear! This time it was enough for the three count and Edge took the win!

Edge celebrated the win before sliding out of the ring .. and looking underneath the apron. He then pulled out a steel chair, looking out into the crowd with a psychotic look on his face. Edge came back into the ring and prepared to take RVD out with the chair .. he then went to swing, but RVD nailed a Van Daminator! RVD then stood over Edge and did the thumbs as the fans chanted along with him - *Rob-Van-Dam!* It was then time to cross to the back where Lillian Garcia was standing by with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

Edge def. Rob Van Dam @ 11’23”

AUSTIN IS READY FOR Y2J

In the backstage area, Lillian Garcia was standing by with “The Texas Rattlesnake” Steve Austin.

Lillian: “Steve Austin .. this is what it all comes down to .. tonight, in just over an hours time you face Chris Jericho for the undisputed title.”

Steve Austin: “You’re damn right Lillian, this is what it all comes down to. The road to WrestleMania begins tonight, and I intend on walkin’ in to that son of a bitch as the undisputed champion. Now Chris Jericho .. ever since he won the undisputed title, he’s been comin’ out and runnin’ his damn mouth night in, night out. But when he found out he had Stone Cold Steve Austin to face at the Rumble, he realized that he was in trouble. So what did the little jackass do? He went’n got a few of his little friends to try and help him out. And now it seems like Y2J thinks he’s just gonna walk over ol’Stone Cold and go on to WrestleMania| Well EH-EH! Ya’see son, that just ain’t gonna happen! What is gonna happen, is I’m gonna beat his ass all over Atlanta, hit the Stunner, 1-2-3, that damn belt is mine and THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE, CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!”

Suddenly Edge appeared in the shot, who’d just returned to the back after his match against RVD. Austin stared Edge down as he began to speak in to the mike that Lillian was holding.

Edge: *imitating Austin* “Cause Stone Cold said so? I don’t give a rats ass what Stone Cold has to say, and neither does anybody else. What you should care about is Edge! What you should care about is that I just kicked RVD’s ass, and now I’m going in to the Royal Rumble, to earn my spot in the WrestleMania main event!”

Austin: *laughing and looking at Lillian* Haha, this son of a bitch thinks he’s going to WrestleMania?! *turns to Edge*What? You’re a joke! What? You’re a jackass! What? Hell, it took what .. fifteen shots for you to finally beat RVD, and ya’still ended up getting’ your ass handed to’ya in the end. Hell if I didn’t have a match comin’ up right now, I’d beat some sense into your ass!”

Edge was absolutely furious at Austin’s comments and got right in Stone Cold’s face. Austin didn’t back down one bit as Edge shook in fury. Eventually Edge started to take slow breaths calmed down, before a smile came over his face and he walked off. Austin and Lillian looked at each other in confusion as we crossed back to the ring.

A GOLDEN SURPRISE FOR CHRISTIAN

The European champion Christian made his way down to the ring, ready for his title defence against a mystery opponent. Christian got on the mike and told whoever it was to bring their ass out to the ring, because all of Christian’s fans in Atlanta couldn’t wait any longer to see their champion .. their hero in action! The lights in the arena went dark for a few seconds, before turning a golden colour and the music of .. GOLDUST hit! Christian looked very unhappy with the opponent and began complaining to the ring announcer as “The Golden One” made his way down to the ring.

IPB ImageIPB Image

European Title Match: Christian © vs Goldust

Goldust slid into the ring and was immediately met with right hands from the champion. He blocked a right hand and took Christian down with one of his own, he then took down Christian with several more right hands before the champion retreated into the corner. Goldust looked at the champ and did his unique “chest rubbing” taunt, which Christian looked disgusted with.

From here on in Christian started to control the match up and eventually locked in a Sleeper hold on the “Golden One.” Goldust eventually powered out of it, but Christian quickly regained the upper hand. The momentum turned however, as Christian went up to the top rope, only to be power slammed off of it by Goldust. Christian slid to the outside to get away from the challenger, but Goldust attacked with a baseball slide. He then banged Christian’s head into the ring post, before throwing the champ back in the ring.

Goldust then looked for the Curtain Call, but Christian snuck in a low blow. Then all of a sudden Lance Storm came down the ramp and got up onto the ring apron. Storm distracted the referee while Christian went outside the ring, before sliding back in with his title belt. Christian lined Goldust up, but the challenger ducked out of the way before hitting the Curtain Call onto the title belt!

Goldust threw the belt out of the ring, and the ref saw Goldust making the cover out of the corner of his eye. He rushed to make the count – 1,2,3! Goldust took the European title, climbed the turnbuckle and celebrated as Christian looked on in horror.

Goldust def. Christian to lift the European title @ 6’57”

Y2J PREPARES HIMSELF

In the backstage area, Chris Jericho was getting focused for his title defence tonight, on his lonesome without the Canadian Alliance when Terri Runnels approached him. Terri asked about his title defence tonight, and wondered whether the Canadian Alliance would get involved. Y2J said that tonight he was going to prove everyone wrong, and show that he is the best wrestler in the world today .. and he was going to do it on his own, without the help of the Canadian Alliance! Y2J then angrily told Terri to get lost, as she was ruining his preparation.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Tag Team Title Match: The Dudley Boyz vs Kane & Big Show

The challengers looked very impressive early on, hitting a series of powerful moves on their opponents. Kane hit a big suplex and followed it up with a Powerbobm, before tagging in Big Show. Show was quick to hit a big press slam, and then signalled for the Chokeslam! Show set D-Von up, but Bubba came into the ring and nailed Show in the back to break it up. D-Von was quick to tag in Bubba, and from here on in the champions started to take control of the match.

The Dudleyz continued to work Big Show over, using a number of double team moves. The champs continued to isolate Show for as long as they could, but eventually Show managed to slam Bubba before making the hot tag to Kane! Kane came in and was on fire, knocking down Bubba, then D-Von, then Bubba again. Kane thew D-Von to the outside and continued to dominate. He then tagged Show in before going to the top rope. He came off the top rope looking for a flying clothesline on Bubba, but accidentally hit Show!

Bubba made the cover but Kane broke it up after 2. Show then questioned Kane about the misguided clothesline and the two started arguing. Suddenly, D-Von came out of no where and attacked Kane & Show from the behind, leading to Kane being knocked out of the ring. Show then turned around and walked right into a 3D! Bubba made the cover and the ref counted to three! The champions quickly escaped to the back, celebrating their win as Kane & Show stood in the ring looking disappointed with their loss.

The Dudley Boyz def. Big Show & Kane @ 8’23” to retain the Tag Team titles

IPB ImageIPB Image

No Holds Barred: Ric Flair vs The Undertaker

As soon as the bell rang The Undetaker began laying into Flair with a series of solid right hands. The first few minutes of the match saw Taker continue to take Flair down with some solid shots to the head. Taker continued to control in the early going, lifting Flair up for a press slam and then coming down with a leg drop to the back of Flair’s head. Taker then pulled off the turnbuckle cover and launched Flair into the exposed steel, busting him wide open!

Taker then went up and walked along the top rope, looking for his signature ropewalk attack before Flair dragged Taker down to the mat! Flair seemed to get a new burst of energy and fired away with a number of stiff chops to Taker’s chest. Flair continued to lay into Taker, before eventually clotheslining him to the outside.

Flair followed Taker to the outside and nailed his opponent with a lead pipe, which he’d got off of Taker’s motorbike. Flair whipped Taker into the steps, before looking under the ring apron for some more weapons. He then laid out Taker with a stop sign to the head! Flair begun to strut, before hitting Taker with a few more shots to the head! Eventually Flair threw Taker back in the ring and looked to lock in the Figure Four! However, Taker kicked Flair in the ass to get out if it, before setting up for the Chokeslam!

However, Flair hit a low-blow! The “Nature Boy” then locked in the Figure Four! Taker screamed in pain for nearly a minute, before eventually breaking out of the hold by choking Flair! Taker then dragged Flair up by the throat and hit a Chokeslam! Taker made the cover, but Flair kicked out before the three! Taker then dragged Flair up and lifted him for the Last Ride! However, once up on Taker’s shoulders, Flair nailed Taker with a number of punches to the forehead, causing Taker to drop him.

Flair then went to whip Taker into the ropes, only to be reversed. When Flair rebounded off the ropes, Taker picked him up onto his shoulder and hit the Toombstone Piledriver! Taker then made the cover, getting the three count and the win over a bloody Flair!

The Undertaker def. Ric Flair @ 13’05”

EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF

In the back, Big Show came into the locker room and approached Kane. Show said that he just saw the tape of what happened in their match, and it was obvious that he hadn’t meant to attack Show. Show apologized, before talking about the Royal Rumble. Show said that they were cool, but the Rumble was every man for himself and he wouldn’t hesitate to eliminate Kane if he had to. Kane said he felt the exact same way, and the cameras crossed back to ringside.

IPB ImageIPB Image

Undisputed Title Match: Chris Jericho vs “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

The bell rang and the cocky champion began the contest by flipping Austin off! Austin replied with a middle finger of his own before knocking the champ down with a big right hand. Y2J got up only to be knocked down with another, and then the same thing happened again. Austin continued to take Jericho down, before eventually the champ slid to the outside and started heading back up the ramp to the locker-room!

Austin wasn’t going to let it go down like that however and chased Y2J up the ramp, knocking him down with a clothesline from behind. Austin then continued to beat Jericho down at the top of the ramp, before working his way down to around ringside. Austin banged Jericho’s head off of two ring posts in quick succession before attempting to whip Jericho into the steel steps. However, Jericho reversed it and Austin went knee first into the steel. Austin held his knee in pain, leading to Jericho targeting in and stomping the knee.

The match found itself back in the ring, and Jericho looked to apply the Walls of Jericho! However, Austin leant forward and rolled Jericho up in a pinning combination, getting a two count. Austin then came looking for a clothesline, but Jericho hit a drop toe hold and this time managed to lock in the Walls of Jericho! Austin struggled in pain, using all of his force to reach the ropes. Eventually, after what seemed like an eternity, Austin made the ropes and Jericho was forced to release the hold.

The two continued to brawl. Soon after, Jericho came flying off the ropes with a flying forearm, but the ref inadvertently got in the way and was knocked to the mat! Jericho saw this opportunity and went to the outside to get one of his title belts. Jericho came back in the ring and looked to take Austin out with a belt shot, but Austin saw it coming and hit a Spinebuster onto the piece of gold! Austin then embarrassed Jericho by locking in the Walls of Jericho! The champion began to tap out, but there was no ref to see it!

Austin eventually released the hold, before dropping Jericho with a Stunner! Austin then went to check on the ref, when all of a sudden Edge appeared out of nowhere and hit a brutal Spear!! Edge then hit Austin with a DDT onto the title belt, before backing up the ramp. The ref came to and Jericho managed to get an arm over Austin – 1 .. 2 .. 3! Jericho retained the title thanks to Edge! The cameras showed Edge at the top of the ramp with a big smile on his face, before he left to the back. We then crossed backstage where Lillian Garcia was standing by with The Rock.

Chris Jericho def. Steve Austin @ 20’35” to retain the Undisputed title

THE TIME FOR TALK IS OVER!

Lillian Garcia: “Rock .. tonight you step into the ring with twenty nine other men ..”

The Rock: *interrupting Lillian* Whoa, whoa, whoa Lillian, first thing’s first .. FINALLY .. THE ROCK .. HAS COME BACK .. TO ATLANTA! Now tonight, you wanna ask The Rock about the royal rumble. You wanna ask the Rock about the twenty nine other men. Well Lillian, the time for talk is over! All you need to know is that TONIGHT, the Rock is gonna walk into that Rumble, throw twenty nine jabronis over the top rope and walk on in to WRESTLEMANIA to take that Undisputed title! If’YA SMELLLLLLLALALALALALA WHAT THE ROCK .. IS .. COOKING!”

The Rock walked off as we headed down to ringside, ready for the 2002 Royal Rumble matchup! Howard Finkel ran through the rules of the Rumble match, before the music of Kurt Angle hit the p.a.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

30 Man Royal Rumble: Winner Goes To WrestleMania X8!

Kurt Angle (#1) and Jeff Hardy (#2) start things off with the crowd at a fever pitch! Angle and Hardy start with a lockup and some chain wrestling, before Hardy comes out of nowhere with the Whisper in the Wind. As Jeff started to lay the boots to Angle, Tommy Dreamer (#3) ran down the ramp and entered the match with a trash can full of weapons! Dreamer got a kendo stick out and nailed Hardy and then Angle with shots to the head, before screaming and raising his arms out to the side, hyping up the fans!

Dreamer then went to his trashcan to see what other weapons he had, before turning around and walking right into an Angle Slam, which sent Dreamer over the top rope! [Tommy Dreamer is eliminated by Kurt Angle] The next man to enter was Edge (#4) who had a big smile on his face after costing Steve Austin the undisputed title earlier on. Edge joined Angle in pummelling Jeff Hardy, as the two took turns with right hands. They then whipped Jeff into the ropes, and when he rebounded he landed a big dropkick, taking both men down! Val Venis (#5) was next to join the fray and started brawling with Edge as Angle squared off with Hardy.

Soon it was Bradshaw (#6) entering the mix, who took everyone down with a series of stiff clotheslines! When his hot run settled down Venis tried to throw Angle out, but got reversed. Venis managed to hold on and was standing on the apron, before Jeff Hardy came out of nowhere with a dropkick, knocking Venis to the floor! [Val Venis is eliminated by Jeff Hardy] The clock counted down and The Undertaker (#7) appeared at the top of the runway! Taker slowly walked down to the ring. Once he was in, he immediately hit Bradshaw with a Chokeslam, and then served up another one to Hardy. Edge then attacked Taker from behind and the two began brawling as Chavo Guererro (#8) entered next.

Chavo was a little cocky and began brawling with Taker, who was quick to throw him over the top rope. [Chavo Guererro is eliminated by Undertaker] On the other side of the ring Hardy nailed Edge with a spinning wheel kick. He then went up to the top rope in a risky move, looking for the Swanton Bomb! However, Taker saw it and threw Hardy off of the top rope, landing harshly on the ringside barrier! [Jeff Hardy is eliminated by Undertaker] The cruiserweight champion Tajiri (#9) was next to enter and found himself in an exchange with Kurt Angle. Angle looked for an Angle Slam, but Tajiri rolled off of it and landed a stiff death kick to the head! Scotty Too Hotty (#10) entered next and knocked Edge down, before signalling for the Worm! Scotty got to “R” before Taker threw Scotty over the top rope! [scotty 2 Hotty is eliminated by Undertaker]

The big man Albert (#11) was next to enter and set his targets on Edge. The two brawled for a while before Albert attempted to throw Edge out. However, Edge reversed it and eliminated the big man in quick fashion. [Albert is eliminated by Edge] Hardcore Holly (#12) was next to enter, becoming the sixth man in the ring. As Angle and Taker exchanged right hands in one side of the ring, Tajiri and Edge double teamed Bradshaw in the other. Holly joined the fray and started pounding on Tajiri. Before Booker T (#13) entered the match! He and Angle immediately began brawling, exchanging some heated right hands! Booker downed Angle with an Axe Kick, before trying to use his strength to heave Angle over the top rope.

Faarooq (#14) was next to enter and began hitting a number of double team moves with his partner Bradshaw. The two went to direct their teamwork elsewhere when Faarooq quickly eliminated Bradshaw from behind! [bradshaw is eliminated by Faarooq] Faarooq laughed at his buddy who’d just been eliminated, before Edge came and dumped Faarooq over the top rope! [Faarooq is eliminated by Edge] Faarooq let out a big “DaYum!” before he and Bradshaw laughed about their eliminations as Chuck (#15) entered at number fifteen. Kurt Angle threw out Tajiri on one side of the ring [Tajiri is eliminated by Kurt Angle] as the Undertaker thew Hardcore Holly over on the other side. [Hardcore Holly is eliminated by Undertaker]

The new Hardcore champion Al Snow (#16) entered as we past the half way point. It was now Angle, Edge, Taker, Chuck, Snow and Booker as Lance Storm (#17) entered next. Booker and Angle’s fight had spilled to the outside. The two brawled around ringside and near the announce table as Rikishi (#18) entered next. Chuck happened to be slouched in the corner, and Rikishi applied the Stinkface much to the fans delight. Raven (#19) was next to enter at nineteen and Joined Edge, Storm and Al Snow in trying to eliminate Undertaker,

The WWF’s very own superhero The Hurricane (#20) entered at twenty, signalling that two thirds of the contestants had entered. Hurricane was a little over confident and set Undertaker up for his version of the Chokeslam! Taker looked at Hurricane as if he were insane and Chokeslammed him over the top rope! [Hurricane is eliminated by Undertaker] Angle and Edge were showing signs of fatigue, slouching in separate corners of the ring. William Regal (#21) joined the party as Booker T said goodbye to Al Snow [Al Snow is eliminated by Booker T] Chuck came charging at Kurt Angle, who pulled down the top rope, causing Chuck to fall to the outside. [Chuck is eliminated by Kurt Angle]

The biggest man in the match Big Show (#22) entered next and was immediately met with four people trying to take him on. Show quickly knocked down several opponents, before lifting William Regal up and press slamming him over the top rope! [William Regal is eliminated by Big Show] The pyro lit up and Kane (#23) came down next! Kane quickly clotheslined Rikishi over the top [Rikishi is eliminated by Kane] Raven came running at Kane, only to be back dropped over the top rope! [Raven is eliminated by Kane] Kane began brawling with Booker T as Undertaker threw Lance Storm out of the match! [Lance Storm is eliminated by Undertaker] We were getting down to the business end of things when Test (#24) entered at Test immediately set his sights on Big Show and tried to out muscle him over the top rope. It wasn’t going to work though, as Show nailed Test with a big chop.

Matt Hardy (#25) came sprinting down the ramp and slid into the ring. He quickly hit a Twist of Fate on Edge, and then a Side Effect on Test! On the other side of the ring Booker nailed a Scissors Kick on Kane as Billy (#26) entered the ring. Billy started exchanging right hands with Booker T, before bouncing off the ropes and hitting the Fameasser! He didn’t have long to celebrate though, as Undertaker thew him over the top rope. [billy is eliminated by Undertaker] Christian (#27) entered next as Booker T and Test teamed up to get the huge elimination of Big Show! [big Show eliminated by Test and Booker T] Goldust (#28) made his second appearance for the night. He was immediately attacked by Christian as soon as he entered. Christian hit a reverse DDT on Goldust, as Test levelled Kane with a Big Boot on the other side of the ring! Rob Van Dam (#29) was second to last, and came in with a lot of energy! RVD downed Edge with a spin kick, before hitting Angle with a dropkick. RVD then hit the Rolling Thunder as the final entrant The Rock (#30) appeared at the top of the ramp to a huge ovation!

The Rock slid into the ring and quickly threw Matt Hardy over the top rope. [Matt Hardy is eliminated by The Rock] Booker T then began brawling with Rock, when Kurt Angle came from behind and hit a big German Suplex on “The Great One.” Goldust delivered the Golden Globes to Christian in the corner, before throwing him over the top. [Christian is eliminated by Goldust] RVD came out of nowhere and hit a flying side kick from the top rope on Goldust, which put him over the top rope! [Goldust is eliminated by RVD] Kane had his attention on trying to eliminate Undertaker, when Test snuck up from behind and tipped Kane over the top rope! [Kane is eliminated by Test] Test laughed at Kane before turning around right into a Rock Bottom! The Rock then threw Test over the top rope, before being attacked from behind by Booker T! [Test is eliminated by The Rock] Booker T threw RVD over, but Van Dam managed to hang on. He then went to do a springboard up onto the top rope, but was shoved off by Undertaker! [Rob Van Dam is eliminated by Undertaker] Booker T looked to throw The Rock over, but got reversed and Booker ended up on the outside! [booker T is eliminated by The Rock!]

The final four now stood in a corner of the ring each, taking a breather and staring each other down. Kurt Angle and Edge had been in the match for the longest, shortly followed by Undertaker, and the most fresh in The Rock. Angle squared off with Rock as Edge battled it out with Taker on the other side of the ring. Suddenly Steve Austin appeared at the top of the stage! Austin came down to ringside, which distracted Edge enough for Taker to sneak up from behind and eliminate him! [Edge is eliminated by Undertaker] Edge was livid after being eliminated! He and Austin began brawling up the ramp as Taker picked Rock up over his shoulder, trying to eliminate him! Taker looked to throw Rock over, but Rock reversed it and Taker tumbled to the outside!! [undertaker is eliminated by The Rock]

The Rock and Kurt Angle squared off in the ring, as one of these men would be going to WrestleMania! While Austin and Edge continued to brawl up the aisle, the two traded right hands in front of an electric crowd. Eventually The Rock managed to block a right hand and looked for the Rock Bottom, but Angle elbowed out of it and hit the Angle Slam!! Angle then dragged the Rock up and went to throw him over, but Rock reversed it out of nowhere and threw Angle over the top rope and to the mat! [Kurt Angle is eliminated by The Rock] THE ROCK IS THE WINNER OF THE ROYAL RUMBLE! Angle couldn’t believe it on the outside, having gone the entire distance of the match to lose! Officials tried to break up Edge and Austin at the top of the runway, as The Rock celebrated his win, as he was on his way to WRESTLEMANIA X8 to face the Undisputed champion!!

The Rock won the 30 Man Royal Rumble @ 1’12”45

ROYAL RUMBLE QUICK RESULTS:

Edge d. Rob Van Dam: ***½

Goldust d. Christian to lift the European title: ***

The Dudleyz d. Kane & Big Show to retain the Tag titles: *¼

The Undertaker d. Ric Flair in a No Holds Barred match: **

Chris Jericho d. Steve Austin to retain the Undisputed title: ****

The Rock won the 30 man Royal Rumble: **¼

Edited by HYA

As i read. Nice opening match, seemed to have a good flow and despite the Edge victory the fans are well hyped following the aftermath. Nice interaction between Austin and Edge and i'm guessing Edge will be interfering in the main event. Goldust? Not really too great a mystery oppopent and something of a let down, not to sure about having get the win either. Even more things point to Edge helping out due to that interview. Yeh although expected the Kane/Show split had to happen, hopefully they can have a great feud leading to a huge in more than one sense match at Mania. Good to see Taker get the win and i wonder what Flair will do now? I really hope after losing and having a golden chance to split them up you don't keep Show and Kane together, hopefully they'll meet in the Rumble. Jericho winning is ok but you're booking him as an incrediably weak champion and that i don't like. Y2J needs to drop the CA. Good interview and here we go! Good to see Booker and Angle together and Taker's going strong too. Farooq and Bradshaw laughing at their elimination, odd. Lol, i like the Hurricane's elimination that'd be priceless. Kane,Show and Taker in now and all three seem to be on fire, should be a good finish here. Angle's going strong and it's a shame to see Show go, i guess you're keeping Kane and Show together. Kane's elimination is somewhat anti climatic and Taker's going strong, for he three big men in the Rumble they didn't really have much interaction which is a shame. Austin/Edge feud? Seems a little early for Edge but worth a chance i guess. So Taker and Angle go, i'm guessing Angle wants a another chance considering he came in from 1, NWO anyone? Well i hope Jericho drops to Austin at NWO but i guess Rock/Jericho is how it'll go which if built right could be ok.

Overall a strong opener and Taker/Flair are the highlights but i don't like the ever expanding CA and the Rumble was a little flat especailly when compared to the 2001 Rumble which was awesome. Overall i'd give it a C, could of been so much more if only a few things went differently.

Really enjoyed this. The No Holds Barred match was great, as was the opener and the Rumble. I always love reading Rumble matches, this was no exception. The Rock vs. Chris Jericho always seems to be a great match so hopefully Jericho holds on to his title to make that match at Wrestlemania.

I'll like to see where Edge fits in on Raw, after interfering in the title match.

-I had a feeling this would open up the show. Good match.

-Hmmm, Edge joins the Canadian Alliance by the end of the show. You heard it here first … unless someone else already said it.

-Goldust is a huge disappointment, just because I hate him.

-Goldust winning is even more of a disappointment.

-Good to see the Dudleyz retain.

-Awesome to see Jericho win and Edge join the Canadians. Edge vs. Austin either at No Way Out or at WrestleMania will be great.

-Royal Rumble Match: Dreamer’s trashcan full of weapons is pretty cool, I would have liked to see him last longer. Undertaker looking like a bad ass is awesome. :D Faarooq eliminating Bradshaw is funny. APA laughing though seems weird. Payback’s a bitch, Edge! I believe that is the first time the #30 has ever won a Rumble. Now I can’t wait for Jericho/Rock at WrestleMania.

Overall thoughts on the show, Edge/Rob Van Dam was good, but predictable, Undertaker/Flair was solid, Jericho/Austin was good and The Rock winning was pretty good. Goldust winning just plain sucks, IMO, but I can't have my way all the time.

It was a good show, above average, but not by too much. Between **3/4 and ***.