MLB Games

A-Dub

I'm in the same position as you are. I have rented The Show twice now and love it. I expected little from the game this year and it has blown me away. 2K6 looks alright but not good enough for me. The Inside Edge sounds great but apparently the play mechanics suck and the game needs a lot of work. I've decided to buy MLB 06: The Show this year.

How I miss MVP :(

I bought MLB 2K6, and it is really good. The pitching feels amazing, the base-running issues from the IGN review are over-exageratted and batting is good. The only problem is getting used to the new physics engine while trying to play in the outfield.

Yeah, if I'm shite in the field to begin with (back when I played MVP) and I wasn't great at baserunning (I had problems with leads and retreats) should I get The Show? Or are the baserunning and fielding problems than small?

I just has an insane game, my Tampa Bay Devil Rays against the Orioles. Final score - 18 to 14 for the D-Rays. I would smack some runs in, then my pitching would let them back in (the D-Rays dont have good pitching in any way). I blew a 5 run lead in the ninth, but Lugo smoked a GRAND SLAM~! in the 10th, and I brought in my best starter to finally seal the win.

I'm also inbetween on which to get, I'm going to rent 2k6 first as thats what I'm leaning towards based on what I've read and seen (screens and videos)

I really do miss MVP though, the college game is good (when you're not frustrated with the swing stick) but I really want to play something with my favorite players.

I bought 2K6 today and its an ok game. All of it really took some getting used to. The new pitching thing is kinda odd to me but I love it. The swing stick is extremely annoying, but its probably because its not as good as the one in MVP 06 NCAA. Outfielding is still good to me. The infielding however is terrible IMO. You can't charge to the ball as SS which prevents you from getting some easy outs, same with at 2nd. Running is phenomenal in my eyes though. Half of the time I'll get a guy on base then use the runner because its so damn fun. Overall its a decent came, I haven't played The Show but so far 2K6 is good.

The XBox 360 version of the game fixed the SS and 2B thing, they will now be a little agressive and go and GET the ball.

But, I don't have that version. It's still great, if you ask me. It's just not as amazing as MVP Baseball was last year. Except the pitching, I think it's amazing and fun.

I just played 2K6 on my PS2 and it sucks! The graphics blow, the presentation sucks, the game play mechanics are dumb and they screwed up the Jays uniform colors! I mean come on, do they really have a grey batting helmet with a blue brim?!?!? NO!

The Show is a way better game and the one I will be buying.

I have MLB 2K6 for the XBOX. Some of the graphics suck, mainly the players faces. But the presentation is amazing, from the talk during the loading screen to showing the strike outs. And, I didn't see anything wrong with the Blue Jays uniform. The only thing screwed up with the gameplay is the shortstop and 2B AI, they will miss some easy rollers and wont move forward to grap a line drive.

I haven't played "The Show" because my PS2 is fried, though.