League Warz

Hickey

Ok.. I'm watching this Thread the last 2 Days now..

And.. I put to much Time in creating this Game, to let you say these Things without answering.

This Game is NOT an EWR Rip Of. If it would be, you would had understand how to play it. Yes, there are things that are even in EWR. There are things from TEW, too. BUT.. there are also things from 5GWS. That means, I programmed the last 1,5 Years a 5GWS Rip Of?

A Game in this Sector, can only work with some things, working the same way. EWR was, at it's last Version, very complex. So, there is no Way to create a Game like this, without doing some things the same Way.

But there are much things, that work a completely other Way then EWR.

"Too much shit to bother with for me, straight to the Recycling Bin." <- This sentence can review the Game in all it's deepneth? LW is NOT only signing Contracts, clicking on "Next Day" and let the Game do the rest, till you need to book a Show. That's what most of EWR Players don't unterstand. And things, some people don't understand is crap for them. Yeah.

The File Size, is a result of the Wrestler pictures and the Skins, I provided with the Game. It's Year 2006. I think that the Internet Connections are great enough for Downloading a 60MB File. I don't know, what a Game must have to make you all Happy. LW is a great Game. Yes, it's having some Bugs. It's surely not perfect. But anybody here, remember the first Version of EWR? Was it perfect?

I spend 1,5 Years, to make LW what it is at the Moment. And I will continue developing LW. As FREEWARE. I do this in my freetime and I don't get Money for this. If you want an excellent and perfect Game, with 3D Effects and DirectX 9 Graphics.. ask THQ. Perhaps, they do it.

(sorry for my bad English.. I'm German and here it is 05:12 am.. and now, I go to sleep.)

Edited by Lost Soul

Of course, new ideas are things I like to hear. I'm Working von Version 1.5 at the Moment, wich will need some Month. With the relase of Version 1.1 and it's Update, I don't stop working on this Game. In the official Forums are many people wich wrote down their ideas.. and most of them, I put on my "to do" List for the 1.5 Version.

I don't know your ideas and if they would be new for me.. but try it :)

For the Game Design.. why should I change it? You can change the Skin and you have a new Design. In my Opinion, it looks clearly.. Yes, the Game an it's Design is not that simplicity like EWR. But.. in this Times.. when I would make a Game with a Menu that only has Buttons.. Many people would shout that this is a crap Design, too. I thought with the Skin System, I did the best Way to make everybody happy with the Design. Because you can Change it, to the Way you want it.

And yes.. I don't know why everyone expects an EWR Killer. In my minor Job, I work as Programmer. There, I get Money for this, don't work alone and have Money for the best Equipment. With this, I could do the Best as possible.

But.. so long, nobody is paying me, for developing LW.. it could only go forword in small steps. And.. I never WANT to get payd for developing LW. I want it to stay Freeware.

For the Filesize.. mh..here, in Germany, broadband Internet Connections are very common and cheap. I thought, this must be in USA the same, when it's even here in Germany is like this?

I am giving it a shot. Took 6 HOURS to download on my 56k modem. You should remove the pictures and all and put it as a separate download. The interface looks very profesional and I understand this is your first game, so any bugs or stuff is ok. This HAS potential so keep working hard and let's see if you become the next Adam Ryland.

And that's why I implemented the "Language File Option".. You can translate 70% of the Game in every Language, you want it to. Even, better English.

I could programm the Game completely in German.. that would make much things more easy for me. But, the Sim Community is mostly english.. so, I decided to offer the Language File Oppertunity.

Well, if you were to translate a game to German, I doubt you'd get all the grammar right. Nothing odd about it at all. It's basic, idiot.

I've not once mentioend the game. It just annoys me when people come to an English-speaking forum and don't make the effort to use the right grammar/spellings.

Edited by Lost Soul

I feel bad now that I complained about your game. :( Sorry.

Anyway, I didn't really like the game that much because it wasn't in English and I'm so used to playing such an advanced game as EWR and TEW. I know it's got to be hard creating a new game and it wasn't the worst I've ever played, but I like EWR a bit better.

Anyway, when you put out the second version, I promise to check it out.

Guest Zeokage

Might be an idea to learn to read before you call other people idiots. I've not once mentioend the game. The shite website and stupidly big filesize did enough to put me off. I was commenting on the the random capitilasation in his posts in the thread. It just annoys me when people come to an English-speaking forum and don't make the effort to use the right grammar/spellings.

You don't need to feel complained.. I like EWR, too. Yes, I really do.

My Game.. is in some areas not that advanced like EWR.. and EWR is, in some areas, not that advanced like my Game. But, mostly the EWR Players don't "click" with LeagueWarZ, because it don't work the same simple way. That's ok for me.. I like EWR but I don't like PW. And so, not everybody have to like LW.

There will be a second Version, and a third and so on. I will NOT stop developing LW, as Freeware. And I have many Ideas, I will put in the Game *g*

I was commenting on the the random capitilasation in his posts in the thread. It just annoys me when people come to an English-speaking forum and don't make the effort to use the right grammar/spellings.
Edited by Sanguis

I just stopped playing because there is so much to do! I need more time to familiarize myself with it before I give a final call.

Something I noticed about adding events. You can choose the day,month and year, but it does not tell you which day of the week it is. So if I want to make a PPV on the last Saturday of any given month, I need to make those calculations myself because the game lacks the ability to place the day of the week.

Guest Zeokage

Christ, I made a passing comment that LS just has to try and get over on, and now you're allt rying to teach me German. Fuck off.

Edited by Zeokage