League Warz

Hickey

Guest German Force

An new version of LW will be out on Monday! It´s the version 1.3. -> the game is getting better and better and I´m sure the time will come, when LW will be right on top of the Wrestling Manager World!

@Sanguis: You ar doing a great job!

Guest German Force

It´s coming out on Monday! So you must be some kind of prophet!? Do this: Compare the first version of EWR with the accurate version of today! No doubt, you will notice a big difference between the two versions!

This Game is NOT an EWR Rip Of. If it would be, you would had understand how to play it. Yes, there are things that are even in EWR. There are things from TEW, too. BUT.. there are also things from 5GWS. That means, I programmed the last 1,5 Years a 5GWS Rip Of?

Its a wrestling sim. Its been out a while now. I followed it from the start, and waited on it for nearly two years. To be honest, I was let down, greatly. Didn't live up to my expectations. Certainly, there are things in it that are nice, and unique from any other wrestling sim, but its infested with bugs. I know some updates came out, but my game was still hampered with bugs. Its a nice game to give a try, but a lot of the merchandise features don't even work. I could book for a few months, and have the right amount of matches needed, and for some reason; I still couldn't put out dvds.

Such a shame, as it had a hell of a lot of potential.

On the case of other booker sims, I think we have just been absolutely spoiled with EWR, and TEW. All others just seem to pale in comparison. I started out my fascination with Booker sims, with Promotion Wars, and got into EWR with its 1.0 release (for some reason I never really like EWD, or any of the other EW range). I recently tried the 1.3 release of Promotion Wars, and couldn't believe how I could play the game, let alone love it as much as I did.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, it is a freeware game. It's not like you had to buy it or anything.

And saying it's a rip-off of EWR is retarded. It's a wrestling booker sim, of course it's going to be similar. That's like saying any football management game is a rip-off of the original Championship Manager game.

It could be much better though, but again, it's only the first release. As far as the language problems go, maybe you could get someone who understands German and English to help create a full English version? That seems to be the biggest difficulty you'll need to resolve.

I made a point that we should at least give the damn creators some credit for trying to translate it from German, to English. Like I said, they didn't have to do it, and could easily have made it for the German market instead.

And the "it still sucks" comments that are generated aren't really helping now are they?

Complaining makes things happen. People complain about the state of Smackdown, or RAW, or another game for instance. The creators see this, look at it and try and come to a solution. Its a part of life.

I think this game is ok. I like how you can book cards before the show and as many as you want and then when the show is ready, you just select the card. I like having to book arena's as it makes it more realistic. The only problem for me is the german language in errors. But overall it is a good FREEWARE game

Okok.. I thought it would be ok to release big versions, today..

But it doesn't seem so.

Well, I packed a small Version now. It's 12MB big.. But there is no possibility to reduce the File size anymore. Yes, the Game is text based.. but there are some Graphics and Sounds the Game must have definitely.

So.. 12MB is the minimum I could do.

The Download of the small Version is here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/22007907/LW13small.exe.html

and here:

http://s7.simpleupload.de/f436771e6/LW13small.exe.html

• 3 years later...

Hello,

long time ago. I had some health problems, was one Year in hospitals and I'm paraplegic now, I'm sitting in a wheel chair. Over the time, I don't like the old LW code anymore. I started to programm LW basicly new. It will come out this year under the name LeagueWarZ 2010. I have some basic done and I learned from the past. I don't use the BDE anymore, it works without. I cutted the size of Skins extremely. I implementate ca. 20 skins in the game and needed 1mb for this. The Calendar works with drag&drop, so you can create events eseally. And the LanguageFile will have much more complexity. It can translate even the errors.

Greetings,

S.

• Like 4