Doctor Who

But Dalek's are harder so...

Anyways, immense episode. Russel T finally writes a good set of episodes! Alert the press!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but they're stupid.

Although I must ask, what happened/how did the Torchwood bosslady remain normal when Cyber'd?

They still retain parts of their humanity sometimes, it's very rare and usually minimal, either way it was such a nice touch that I allowed it to be overlooked. Overall, great series in my opinion, the finalé for Rose could NOT have been written better in my honest opinion. My only complaint is that the Cybermen were made to look like complete and utter pussies again.

Go on, who cried?

I fucking bawled my pretty little eyes out.

That was hands down THE best season finale of ANY season of ANY show I can care to remember. Fucking, fucking brilliant.

I laughed. I cried. I loved every second of it (until the last 15 with Catherine Tate, I second the suspicion at her, but she won't be long-term so I can overlook it as a star turn to help the series get over the loss of Rose in terms of viewing figures), it was beautiful.

I just have one tiny, little complaint which I perfectly understand Russell T.'s reasons for doing, in a TV sense, but in terms of me having something resembling a happy ending, can I just say...

WHY DIDN'T HE GET TO TELL HER THAT HE LOVES HER? WHY DIDN'T HE GET TO SAY THE WORDS? HE'S BEEN SO CLOSE TO SAYING IT, LEAVING IT UNSPOKEN, FOR 2 YEARS, AND NOW HE'S ABOUT TO LEAVE HER BEHIND FOR EVER, THE FUCKING WRITERS DON'T LET HIM SAY IT ONCE? BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTARDS!

Argh.

Seriously believe, given the much more human nature of this new series, Tennant will spend much of the Xmas special/season 3 mourning and being very unapproachable and like a man whose wife has died.

Too fucking right.

The cyberlady moment was like the third or fourth moment like that during the series. Russell T Davies seems to have this thing about last stands...There was that one with the werewolf, the other in the tunnel against the Ood....And possibly even one more. He seems to have a hard on for the last stand. The annoying bit with the Ood one though was that it was trying to be ALiens...But was rubbisher.

He's so Scottish it's unbelievable. The name "Tennant" for instance, and his roles in anything apart from Dr Who, Harry Potter, and Casanova will show you his Scottishness.

It's already confirmed that the girl from Torchwood will be his new companion, the actress not the character, so I'd imagine (and boy do I hope I'm right!) that The Runaway Bride will just be used as a device to get him to Earth to meet this girl.

Now, as Rose is gone forever (we'd imagine), what did you think of her, the character, and Billie Piper in the role, now we can look at her overall? Discuss. I'll add my own thoughts when I can think about her without welling up like a girl.

:crying:

Yeah I knew Tennant was Scottish. In interviews he's as Scotch as Kaney. :)

My wife says something about Billie Piper saying that she may return at some point, but the mrs doesn't work on Doctor Who and neither is she Billie's agent so take that with a pinch of salt.

Yeah I knew Tennant was Scottish. In interviews he's as Scotch as Kaney. :)

My wife says something about Billie Piper saying that she may return at some point, but the mrs doesn't work on Doctor Who and neither is she Billie's agent so take that with a pinch of salt.

Well she isn't dead, so I guess it leaves it open for a cameo at some point some time if she wanted to or whatever.

But she's MRS HAMSTAH!

If she can live with you, clearly she possesses mystic powers of some sort.

I say we take her at face value.

<_<

Seriously, I can see that she could come back if Piper wanted to. The Doctor is clearly going to be so tortured by the loss of her that eventually, consumed by grief, he may well risk sending 2 worlds to fuck just to be with her again.

But she's MRS HAMSTAH!

If she can live with you, clearly she possesses mystic powers of some sort.

I say we take her at face value.

<_<

Seriously, I can see that she could come back if Piper wanted to. The Doctor is clearly going to be so tortured by the loss of her that eventually, consumed by grief, he may well risk sending 2 worlds to fuck just to be with her again.