Doctor Who

However, in the book for the original Cybermen story Telos was similar to a random planet that McCoy or Colin baker went to, in that it had a rocket powered core and was the sister planet of Earth. So, it flew off when it had better resources than Earth and the population was far superior to that of Earth's. Then they came back wanting to take over Earth having used up their own resources.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I expect some form of rebellion and some form of death like event hapening to the evil Trigmeister...

^^^^^

No excuse mate....

...BOW DOWN to the UBER-NERD!!!!

Seriously, ther Cybermen are one of my favourite Sci-fi villains, hence encyclopediac knowledge of them. I think they are especially unsettling as people can be 'cyborgs' or low-rent cybermen already: Pins to keep bones in place when broken, corrective lenses for poor eye-sight, hearing aids- all attatching something to your body to improve it in some way.

I've often thought that the technology to make creatures like the cybermen could exist in the not too distant future (physically anyway, I reckon on cybernetic limb replacement being a possibility in the next 30 years, dunno about 'removing' emotions though). This is what makes them more frightening in my mind than most other sci-fi creatures, in a way they are some of the most plausible 'monsters' we've seen. Fitting I suppose as they were envisioned by a real life doctor of science.

What is it with this series and turning should-be badasses into blubbering pussies? First the daleks and now this, ugh, the Cybermen were brilliant last week but this time they were drizzling shits.

Edited by Codename V

When he apologised to the Cyberman for killing him.. it was.. beautiful.

Haha, the last two episodes have been pretty cool. The way The Doc just kept talking and hinting to Mickey was sheer brilliance. Tennant's doing a class job playing The Doctor.

That was a so-so show, but not that great. Last three weeks were all better. Cool that Mickey saved the day though, just a shame that he'd been getting better and better and now he's gone.

Still average episode. Next weeks looks interesting.

Meh, The Doctor seems to have no issue with Genocide anymore even though he got tried for it as Colin Baker (I think that was what the Trial of a Time Lord series was about). That came to mind when the Sony Erricson port was useful. They seem to be all, oh right, well lets use this as a way to promote new technology instead of providing a good battle, because when someone as un-badass as Mickie saves the day against The Cybermen of all people, I feel slightly annoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! Did anyone else watch it this week?

The Doctor vs. The Devil!!! Immense! I'll be pissed if they try and explain it away in part two with some "its a mind controlling alien" shit

Interplay between Doctor and Rose WAS pretty good...and Rose said something hilarious to the guy who got posessed about his job. Tennat sniggered and so did I, I must confess.

For the msot part that episode was cool and it felt like an old school "Alien" esque film, very claustrophobic and uneasy with some of the hints to what was going on and the general bad vibe about the Ood throughout the episode pretty clever.

What I WILL say though is that it's not acceptable viewing or an acceptable subject matter for five and six year olds who will be watching the programme.

I don't see how its not? It's just a fantasy based television programme and any parents who give a crap about it being acceptable can stop them watching it, children are told fairy tales of big evils all the time, I don't understand why this should be that different.

What I WILL say though is that it's not acceptable viewing or an acceptable subject matter for five and six year olds who will be watching the programme.

I really must disagree with you there. It's a story, no different to the bible, or any childish tales the children are told.

:huh: