Best Song at The Moment

Miami Vice

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Everybody Needs A Fence To Lean On" by The Headlights (Awesome 'chillout' song...They'd be genre'd up with the likes of Death Cab, so if you like them and similar, check out The Headlights...great stuff...they've only release 1 EP as far as I know though. Definately one to look out for)

"The Lights & The Buzz" by Jack's Mannequin (I can't believe this Christmas release has passed me by for so long. Not as good as the album stuff IMO, but still a good song...but he needs some new source material...I don't give a shit how sunny California is :shifty: )

"The Dream Of Evan and Chan" by Dntel (The birth of The Postal Service right here. This track with ben Gibbard doing guest vocals, lead to the two men going about forming The Postal Service...nowhere near as polished or good as the Postal Service stuff. But a charming listen nevertheless)

"Hard To Find" by The American Analog Set (I love the riff...again another perfect, laid back song, for when the days get sunny :D)

"He Lays In The Reins" by Iron & Wine (Wasn't really into I&W at first. But it's growing on me, and this song's turning up on my playlist a fair bit)

Dani California by the Chili Peppers is something I've had in my head for like 2 weeks now. The song is great and so damn addicting. I've also got Make Damn Sure by Taking Back Sunday too, I'm like in love with that song right now, but the peppers probably have the best song to me right now.

So Hot Right Now:

"You Can Make It If You Try" by Sly and the Family Stone - The theme for Day Six of Battle Royale IV. It makes me want to dance around the room. Which I then do.

"Touch Me I'm Sick" by Mudhoney - This may well be the first Mudhoney song I have actually heard. I really want to hear more now.

"Goin' Against Your Mind" by Built to Spill - Bar none the best track off of their new album. Eight and a half minutes of pure glory.

"South Side Revival" by Blue Scholars - Almost certainly the best the deceptively-great Seattle hip-hop scene has to offer.

Right now, I'm enamored (again) with the "Short Music For Short People"-compilation disc, and with these songs from it in partcular:

"Rage Against The Machine Are Capitalist Phonies" by White Flag

"The Band That Wouldn't Die" by The Dwarves

"I Hate Your Fucking Guts" by The Queers

"30 Seconds Till The End Of The World" by Pennywise

"Chandeliers & Souvenirs" by Diesel Boy

Since i follow a trend... here is what i've been listening to (album wise)

Jerry Cantrell - Boggy Depot

I really forgot how good of a CD this was, I hadn't listened to it in a couple of years and then put it in. I'm really enjoying it again. Songs I like "Dickeye", "Keep the Light On" and "Between"

Wednesday 13 - Transylvania 90210: Songs of Death, Dying and the Dead

I just got this recently and well its a great CD. There is only one song on it that gets skipped by me, and well the song isn't bad, its just not as good as the others a couple stand out songs "Elect Death for President", "Haunt Me", "God is a Lie" and "Rot For Me"