Movies That Take Place in the Future

paidelr

Blade Runner.

Battle Royale.

And anything bastardised from Aasimov (sp?) - ie: iRobot, and Bicentennial Man for the kids.

Poor old Planet of the Apes, such a terrible remake. It was on channel 4 the other week, with the trailer claiming it was "from the imagination of Tim Burton."

Yes, it was really imaginative how he nicked the concept and fucked it up.

Noone's mentioned one of my favorite movies, The Postman.

other movies set in the future include (not all are good mind you)

Barb Wire

2010: The year we made contact

Event Horizon

Futuresport

Waterworld (I think)

Lost in Space

Johnny Mnemonic

Mission to Mars

Aeon Flux

12 Monkeys

Freejack

Edited by Wildcat

Battle Royale.

Battle Royale, if memory serves, isn't in the future. It's a movie set in present-day with an alternate timeline as far as history goes, which doesn't really count.

Technically V for Vendetta took place in 1997 and 1998. But since they don't state the year it is happening in the movie I guess it's legit as a "futuristic" film.

At some point in the film, I'm sure they say the year is 2013 or something like that.

No Star Wars yet? Seriously?

Star Wars isn't set in the future.

Seriously? How then is the whole space travel and such explained as happening in the past? I don't really pay much attention to the plot and such, I only care about the lightsabers.

I think it just fits under the "alternative timeline" or "alternative world" guise. The only thing that really makes it a film about the past is the quote TMM posted, otherwise it has all the hallmarks of a future film, I admit.

Guest Bluesman

Seriously? How then is the whole space travel and such explained as happening in the past? I don't really pay much attention to the plot and such, I only care about the lightsabers.

It's another galaxy, so they're bound to discover things at different periods from us.

Incidentally, there's a non-canon story where Han and Chewbacca end up on Earth before the colonization of America, and then Han is killed by Red Indians and Indiana Jones finds the Millennium Falcon's remains 100 years later <_<

Guest Bluesman