D12's Proof murdered

MalaCloudy Black

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha... :shifty:

Proof was fantastic as the lyrical stand out of D12. He was the only guy from the group that I actually enjoyed. Damn this is horrible. It's always horrible when this shit happens to anybody and their family, obviously, but I hope things will turn out alright for them. RIP Proof.

Not a rap fan here, but it's still a bummer to hear, especially since it's a guy with local ties.

Detroit's a scary place, and there is a reason people don't say "I'm going to vacation in Detroit", simply because it's filled with too much fucking garbage (literally and figuratively). It's a shame that a guy can't go to a night club without getting his head blown off. It's strange though because 8 Mile isn't all bad, but they must have been on the western side.

It's a bit of a surprise to me. Now I know Proof or D12 aren't hugely famous. But if you have at least some sort of money, get the hell out of the hood and don't turn back. Because things like this can and did happen. Especially since Detroit only rivals Camden NJ and Gary IN for poverty and crime in the US.

Still, RIP.

Not a rap fan here, but it's still a bummer to hear, especially since it's a guy with local ties.

Detroit's a scary place, and there is a reason people don't say "I'm going to vacation in Detroit", simply because it's filled with too much fucking garbage (literally and figuratively). It's a shame that a guy can't go to a night club without getting his head blown off. It's strange though because 8 Mile isn't all bad, but they must have been on the western side.

It's a bit of a surprise to me. Now I know Proof or D12 aren't hugely famous. But if you have at least some sort of money, get the hell out of the hood and don't turn back. Because things like this can and did happen. Especially since Detroit only rivals Camden NJ and Gary IN for poverty and crime in the US.

Still, RIP.

I totally agree, but I guess these guys figure it's no problem to go back to their old city. I guess it's hard for these guys to leave their roots, especially when they probably still have so much familiarity and friends in the area. I'd assume he actually didn't live in the shit area's of Detroit, but obviously he'd frequent the local surroundings, his old stomping grounds so to speak. It's a shame that a man or woman can't go back to their old town without looking over their shoulders. It's a real tragedy.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I don't know if it's been reported anywhere as a possibility but Royce Da 5'9" and Proof have had beef with one another for awhile and I think I remember hearing that they had a confrontation a year or two ago that involved one or both pulling guns out.

I don't know if it's been reported anywhere as a possibility but Royce Da 5'9" and Proof have had beef with one another for awhile and I think I remember hearing that they had a confrontation a year or two ago that involved one or both pulling guns out.

An altercation inside a Detroit nightclub led to the death of D-12 rapper Proof after an argument allegedly turned into a gunfight, leaving a bouncer wounded, according to sources.

A source that requested anonymity told AllHipHop.com that Proof was in the club after-hours when a heated verbal argument between Proof and a bouncer allegedly broke out and escalated.

Proof was shot and killed around 4:30 am on April 11 and the bouncer was seriously wounded, both with gunshots to the head.

Police are still releasing details in the shooting and have identified the second man as 35-year-old Keith Bender. Bender is alive, but is still in critical condition.

Sources told AllHipHop.com that the two men may have pulled guns on each other during the melee, or that a third bouncer had possibly shot Proof as a result of the gunplay.

Police are still trying to piece together details of the shooting but have stated they believe two guns were used in the shooting.

According to sources, Proof was licensed to carry his weapon.

Officers have frequently been called to the club, taking 18 incident reports since 1996.

The club was raided in December of 2005 for selling alcohol to minors and Proof's murder was the third time a shooting had occurred at or near the club.

The police questioned one witness in the case and seek to speak to others to find suspects. The club did not have a video surveillance system police, officers revealed.

Proof served as Eminem’s best man in the rapper’s short-lived wedding to Kim Mathers. The rapper, whose real name is Deshaun Holton, leaves behind a wife and five children.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5555