D12's Proof murdered

MalaCloudy Black

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to sources, Proof was licensed to carry his weapon.

ahahahahahaha america.

ahahahahahaha not funny.

It may not be funny, but are you surprised stuff like this happens so often in America when it appears to be so easy to get a gun license?

Wait, what does Proof's having a gun license have to do with how easy it is to get a gun license? Just.. what exactly are you trying to imply with that statement?

Blackie shouldn't carry guns?

If the other guy had a license I could understand where you're coming from, but not only do we not know what kind of person he is morally/mentally/etc. there's no mention of him having a gun license..

Edited by CloudStrife888

That's the thing, though. It IS funny. This stuff happens a lot more often in America than it ever would over here. It seems so easy to get your hands on a gun over there, and then it's claimed to be for "protection". If the laws didn't let other people have guns, you wouldn't need one.

Wait, what does Proof's having a gun license have to do with how easy it is to get a gun license? Just.. what exactly are you trying to imply with that statement?

What? Seriously, don't try to read anything into what I say that isn't there.

My point being that it seems easier (documentaries at least seem to show this) to get a gun license in the US, rather than the UK (or anywhere else, come to think of it)

No-one should have a gun licensed unless they have a reasonable use for it (hunting, thier job, etc etc).

To just be given a gun for the sake of having a gun, black or white, is stupid.

Edited by rvdwannabe

My point being that it seems easier (documentaries at least seem to show this) to get a gun license in the US, rather than the UK (or anywhere else, come to think of it)

No-one should have a gun licensed unless they have a reasonable use for it (hunting, thier job, etc etc).

Well it's not like the license or lack thereof would keep anyone here in the US from getting a gun anyway. You'd just have NRA bitching and moaning about freedoms and rights as an American and shit. You'd still have just as many people with guns, there's virtually no respect for the law here anyway.

Edited by CloudStrife888

Well it's not like the license or lack thereof would keep anyone here in the US from getting a gun anyway. You'd just have NRA bitching and moaning about freedoms and rights as an American and shit.

I'm sure it'd be a lot harder to get the guns at least, and not as many people would have them due to this.

I'm from the UK, 19, know lots of shady people, and I've never seen, or even heard of anyone having a gun that I even remotely know or have heard of. And I'd argue that that may be because of how hard it is to get a gun legally in the UK.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Well it's not like the license or lack thereof would keep anyone here in the US from getting a gun anyway. You'd just have NRA bitching and moaning about freedoms and rights as an American and shit.

I'm sure it'd be a lot harder to get the guns at least, and not as many people would have them due to this.

I'm from the UK, 19, know lots of shady people, and I've never seen, or even heard of anyone having a gun that I even remotely know or have heard of.

I still think the only thing it would change here is that sales would be illegal and you'd just have a rise in gun smuggling.

I'm from the US, 19, know lots of shady people, and practically every one of them owns a gun or knows where I can get one, legally or not.

But its piss easy to get a gun illegally, such as converted air guns. Rappers and guns seem to go together, even over here, its not just an American phenominon.

Yeah, its not an American phenomenom and the UK is getting worse every year, but its nowhere near as bad for Mr Average Joe (which I'm more looking at).

And why should it be anyones "right" to have a gun? Seriously?

But its piss easy to get a gun illegally, such as converted air guns. Rappers and guns seem to go together, even over here, its not just an American phenominon.

Yeah, its not an American phenomenom and the UK is getting worse every year, but its nowhere near as bad for Mr Average Joe (which I'm more looking at).

And why should it be anyones "right" to have a gun? Seriously?

Don't ask me, I'm not defending it. I don't even own a gun. It's covered in the constitution as the "right to bear arms" or whatever. :ohwell: I was just pointing out the arguement organizations like the NRA would make in the event that any gun laws similar to the UK ones were put into effect.

Edited by CloudStrife888

:( R.I.P Proof.

He was a hometown hero here, and personally one of my favorite rappers, easily the best in D-12. It's a shame. I wonder how Eminem is reacting to this, seeing as he's going through another divorce and supposedly still addicted to pain killers and sleep medication. They were best friends.

Proof was also working on a Jay Dilla memorial show. Looks like they'll have to have one for him as well.

I'm glad Bizzare's safe, but it's still been a sad couple of days here in Detroit. It's all over the news and radio.

R.I.P

So... they gave a gun and a license to Proof, who I've heard rap about beating people up and pistol whipping and stuff... and wonder why something happens? >_>

all rappers rap about shit like that and nothing like this happenes...

Both of those are completely false statements.