Fred Durst makes a funny

Pepsi

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the albums aren't going to sound exactly the same, but to me it was always the same basic idea.

If he really was selling out, he'd have gone through his metalcore stage by now :shifty:

I'm sorry but he see's that Staind has become a big band with they're ballad like songs and suddenly he comes out with that Rearranged song. Yeah he doesn't change his sound. :shifty:

One song?

And arguably, that was the best song on that album.

I dunno about the US, but Break The Cycle was Staind's big breakthrough, and that was released 2 years after Significant Other, just so you know. Even then, thier first album was released a month before Significant Other, so....

Edited by rvdwannabe

Yeah, the albums aren't going to sound exactly the same, but to me it was always the same basic idea.

If he really was selling out, he'd have gone through his metalcore stage by now :shifty:

I'm sorry but he see's that Staind has become a big band with they're ballad like songs and suddenly he comes out with that Rearranged song. Yeah he doesn't change his sound. :shifty:

One song?

And arguably, that was the best song on that album.

:puke:

It showed that they were actually able to do something a little bit different and pull it off to some extent. Not all of thier songs need to be brash "YO YO YO" style songs.

I dunno about the US, but Break The Cycle was Staind's big breakthrough, and that was released 2 years after Significant Other, just so you know. Even then, thier first album was released a month before Significant Other, so....

He shoots..

He scores!

Not really too hard to put that into the top corner after the 'wonderous' counter-argument. I don't see how Limp Bizkit 'sold out' or how bands sell out because they play the same style of music for the main part just to bigger crowds and they get paid for it when they make it big.

The way I saw it, Durst noticed that mainstream audiences were tiring of rap rock and dropped it for the most part for RMV. Then he noticed the string of political hits in 2004 and was a year late with The Unquestionable Truth. Call it an "artist" reinventing himself all you want, but I just think it's an "artist" making decisions based on what he thinks will sell the most records.

When they covered "Faith", he changed the lyrics as well. It seems to be just something he does.

At least he is consistent with it :shifty:

Well changing lyrics on a George Michaels song is one thing but changing lyrics to a song by The Who grounds for a stoning.

Actually I'd quite like to poison him, stab him, shoot him, hang him, stretch him, disembowl him, draw and quarter him. Yeah, then I'd be happy.

Cooke to anyone who gets the quote (Y)

I'm a little late here, but Durst needs to shut up. You're right when you say LB is 2001, because so many people have realized that they sucked. Durst is a good behind the scenes guy, as he's helped both Staind and Taproot become mainstays in the popular rock charts, but he's a bad musician and has sold out, simply because he changed his sound, like Beatnik said, for the pure reason to sell more albums and make more money.

That being said, Wes Borland will always be a better musician than Durst so his lashing out is comical which was Pepsi's point and I'm inclined to agree.