TV Shows renewed and cancelled for 2006/2007

Bob Roberts

Good to see Fox is bringing back American Dad, I was getting a bit worried with it not being on recently and Family Guy stinking it up as of late (last week's=horrible).

ditto. I was wondering what happened to it and I was hoping it wasn't cancelled.

Little shocked to see The OC and One Tree Hill in any sort of danger. A lot of people I know love that mindless shit. I'm hoping Veronica Mars comes back.

Edited by YI

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it with a grain of salt, but I believe I did hear that if NBC cancels Scrubs, ABC already has plans to pick it up (considering it's produced by a division of ABC, it seems likely...)

No, not Malcolm In The Middle!!

It's gonna be a series finale. Everyone on the show pretty much feels it has run its course.

Their storylines have changed so drastically from the earlier years to the more recent years, it's obvious. There is practically no similarity with the show anymore. It's a good show, but it's time to go.

Good to see Fox is bringing back American Dad, I was getting a bit worried with it not being on recently and Family Guy stinking it up as of late (last week's=horrible).

ditto. I was wondering what happened to it and I was hoping it wasn't cancelled.

Little shocked to see The OC and One Tree Hill in any sort of danger. A lot of people I know love that mindless shit. I'm hoping Veronica Mars comes back.

I think he was saying season 4 could be The O.C.'s last. He does list the show as returning for at least one more. OTH I'm a bit surprised at too, but the numbers have been decent considering they've been up against America's Next Top Model, so I think it'll probably get another season. The CW doesn't exactly have a ton of ratings smashes to bring with them.

All the shows I like have been renewed...

It's a shame FOX are retarded enough to keep around King of the Hill, that show has never even justified being an animation rather than live action (especially when they did an episode about toilet drainage <_<).

It will be very sad if Scrubs is done though. It's very funny.

I'm happy Malcolm In The Middle is done, it's seriously unfunny and aggrivating to watch. It's as if they've tried to make domestic disturbances remotely funny.

I was hoping Futurama would appear on the renewed list. I can dream I guess. :(

It's a shame FOX are retarded enough to keep around King of the Hill, that show has never even justified being an animation rather than live action (especially when they did an episode about toilet drainage <_<).

They need some sort of filler during their Sunday night lineup. What else can you throw in on moment's notice after football?

Seriously, King of the Hill is not funny. It's just crap. The fact it's gone 13 years and most of it under the radar to The Simpsons and Family Guy is beyond me.

Edited by Lowerdeck

I hope Free Ride makes a return...I really like the characters and I'm interested into seeing where it is going to go.

Some shows that have been retained are crap, but they are being retained because people watch them...

I'm going to miss Yes, Dear and King of Queens, but that new How I met your Mother show is a decent show that could possibly take over that old Raymond spot.

Glad to see that Boston Legal is returning, I had my doubts since it hasn't been on in two weeks and that's usually a warning sign.

Hope Free Ride doesn't get cancelled. It's not a great show or anything but I've liked most of the few episodes they've aired.

I only care about Bones and Scrubs, and with Bones staying around (yay) and Scrubs on the fence so the speak (boo), I'm more happy than not at the moment. If Scrubs does get canned however, I'll be pissed.

On the subject of shows being cancelled I wish whichever network is it that had 'Over There' would have commissioned another series instead of cancelling it. The season finale was last night here in the UK and is was an awesome show. Anyone else watch it?

I know this isnt a show on one of these bigger television companies, but for the last year, on City TV and Space, ive been im a huge fan of the new series "Supernatural" and because it isnt on ABC, CBC, FOX, etc., im not sure if this show is being renewed or not.

Only two shows have been confirmed by CW, America's Next Top Best Friend Model and Smackdown. Everything else is just rumored at this stage.

Take it with a grain of salt, but I believe I did hear that if NBC cancels Scrubs, ABC already has plans to pick it up (considering it's produced by a division of ABC, it seems likely...)

I know this isnt a show on one of these bigger television companies, but for the last year, on City TV and Space, ive been im a huge fan of the new series "Supernatural" and because it isnt on ABC, CBC, FOX, etc., im not sure if this show is being renewed or not.

Supernatural was the only true new hit the WB had this year, so it is considered a gimme that CW will indeed pick it up. It's actually not doing too bad in it's Thursday time slot either.

As for That 70's Show, it was decided at the start of the season that this would be it's last year. It is not doing well in the ratings at all, but that could be because they have killed the spirit of the show without Topher Grace around.

Yes, Dear and The King Of Queens have both had nice, long, healthy runs. It's time for both to go away now though.

One would hope the networks learned their lessons this year about putting on half assed low quality crap genre shows though. Yes, Lost was a success, however Invasion was so so, Surface was good but it did have some MASSIVE continuity and logic gaps, Threshold was BORING, and Kolchak, while I didn't hate it, was embarrassing to those of us who know and love the original. Thankfully aside from My Name Is Earl there were no slam dunk hits this year, so we shouldn't have to see every network try and steal the concept and produce shitty versions, unless we get a ton of half hour comedy's about rednecks next year. Wait, nevermind, Rodney flopped.

Oh, and Conviction is a Law & Order show, so the jackass who made the list is in fact wrong, not ALL L&O shows are a lock since it is on the bubble. Although should it get cancelled it will be no big loss, as it's rather boring and only features one remotely enjoyable character at all.

TGC

Edit: I stand corrected, Criminal Minds was a slam dunk hit, and rightly so it rocks, but we already have thirty dozen police procedural or forensic shows and they seem to never stop making new ones anyways even if they suck. Case in point, Evidence.

Edited by UltraHeteroTGC