TV Shows renewed and cancelled for 2006/2007

Bob Roberts

I really liked Invasion and it sucks that it is cancelled.

I'd heard there was a possibility of it getting picked up by the CW Network. I hope it does, I'm really enjoying this season. I think there's two to go over here in the UK till the end of the season.

I didn't like it as much as some. I got out of it by Mid February. Too slow maybe? I dunno what happened and why I quit caring. Weird that a show that a major ABC exec loved would get the axe, but on the other hand a show that lost so much of Lost's lead in audience, as did Heist when it took the timeslot for a few weeks, isn't doing the network any good I suppose. Not surprised that the three Sci-Fi ish shows that were inspired by Lost's success last year didn't make it though.

TGC

EDIT: Oh and the confirmation that Sons And Daughters has been cancelled is a damn shame. That was a show that deserved a better time slot and more of a push. Oh well, now I have a reason to say Fuck ABC too.

Edited by TGC The Nazi Mod

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd heard there was a possibility of it getting picked up by the CW Network. I hope it does, I'm really enjoying this season. I think there's two to go over here in the UK till the end of the season.

I didn't like it as much as some. I got out of it by Mid February. Too slow maybe? I dunno what happened and why I quit caring. Weird that a show that a major ABC exec loved would get the axe, but on the other hand a show that lost so much of Lost's lead in audience, as did Heist when it took the timeslot for a few weeks, isn't doing the network any good I suppose. Not surprised that the three Sci-Fi ish shows that were inspired by Lost's success last year didn't make it though.

TGC

EDIT: Oh and the confirmation that Sons And Daughters has been cancelled is a damn shame. That was a show that deserved a better time slot and more of a push. Oh well, now I have a reason to say Fuck ABC too.

It's ABC own fault it was so slow toward the beginning. Shaun Cassidey, the creator has said ABC wanted it drawn out like Lost. The stuff that started happening around episode 7-8 was originally supposed to take place around the second episode, which is why the back end of the season is so much better.

Whoever picks it up, if it does get picked up by another network will probably have a sleeper hit if it continues the way it has been in recent weeks.

So you're saying that when it's released on DVD I should give it another try?

TGC

Guest Kliq Masterson

NBC seems to be going for the whole "try anything" method, some of the shows just seem weird. But in a slightly cool way. I'll definately keep an eye on Sorkin's show and Raines.

Pity about Sons and Daughters though, those bastards.

Sucks to see Invasion get cancelled, It was pretty much the only show I tuned into every week to watch. Invasion was great stuff. As for the other cancelled shows, Out of those, I only watched Freddie, And didn't think much of it. I hope Invasion does get picked up by another network, It's almost at the end of the season here, And these episodes have been great.

Guest Kliq Masterson

The buzz going around is that Veronica Mars has been renewed for 13 episodes. Here's hoping it's true and they up it to a full season order.