The National Wrestling Alliance Returns

Guest SixThreeSuperman

You've really intrigued me with the backstory, and the first event had a real NWA Old School feel tied in with modern wrestling. I like the concept of tension between Flair and Jarrett.

HOWEVER.... there are some signings that don't make sense from a Ric Flair point of view. In his book Flair makes it obvious he doesn't like Scott Steiner. I don't think Flair would ever work with him, or for that matter with Scott Hall and co. I also believe that Flair would be doing everything he could to get his good friend STING to sign with him, as he implied in his book if he had bought WCW.

That aside, I believe that you have the makings of a good diary. I loved Jericho's arrival th the end, and thooght the "Goldberg in the front row thing" to be very good. It implies he's signed (and he is mates with Flair after all), but doesn't put him in the mix straight away.

Look forward to seeing where this goes.

This is much better then expected for me since your intial backstory. The show format is pretty unique and looks good. I was hoping Jeff Jarrett wouldn't win the NWA Title because I feared it might be too similar to NWA:TNA with him as champ but I see you've built him up well in the feel of your company. Chris Jericho suprised me, but was good none the less.

Keep this up, this has huge potential (Y)

Guest SixThreeSuperman

IPB Image

Live from the Wesbanco Arena in Wheeling, WV!

---The opening credits roll, complete with the theme of Danger Zone ("Bullet With A Name" by Nonpoint) and the inside of the arena is shown, as a sold out crowd deftly awaits the first match of the evening, which kicks off the show.---

Match #1 - NWA Juniorweight Championship 1st Round - Marty Jannetty vs. Ultimo Dragon

Above average match, as Ultimo Dragon sends a flurry of punches and kicks to the aging Jannetty. Marty looked good in the early going, but as we all know, does not wrestle the style of today's high flying cruiserweights. The crowd was pretty dead for the match, noticing that the differences in style have led to a lot of blown spots. A lot of back and forth offense, with Jannetty's ground based attacks getting the upper hand. Ultimo, however, eventually got the upper hand for good, and ended the match with an ASAI DDT at 6:03 for the pinfall, and advances in the tournament.

WINNER (AND ADVANCING TO THE 2ND ROUND): ULTIMO DRAGON!

---Ultimo Dragon hops out of the ring and heads to the back, to a less than stellar ovation from the crowd. The announcers hype the other 2 1st round matches for next week as Jimmy Yang will take on EZ Money, and Chris Sabin goes head to head with Alex Wright! We then flash to a recap of the Clash of the Champions before the music of Bill Goldberg hits, and he stands in the ring with a microphone.---

---Bill Goldberg is standing in the ring with a microphone, and as soon as he puts it to his mouth to speak, Sean O'Haire runs down the aisle, and tackles him, setting off a huge brawl. The entire staff in the back come out to try and separate them, but are unsuccessful as they continue to fight up the aisle, and into the back. The cameras follow, and O'Haire has gotten the upper hand, as he throws Goldberg into a soda machine. He then grabs Goldberg by his head and drags him over to a nearby car. After a few forearm shots, he climbs onto the hood, and DDT's Goldberg through the windshield. Goldberg is bleeding profusely, and is out cold, as security and staff manage to restrain O'Haire. The announcers immediately ask to cut to something else, as the scene of Goldberg being rolled onto the stretcher is very graphic. The show cuts to the next match, as the crowd sits nearly silent. ---

Match #2 - NWA Juniorweight Championship 1st Round - Jonny Storm vs. TAKA Michinoku

A very good match, enjoyed heartily by the fans that was all but dominated my TAKA from start to finish, as Storm just never really could get out of the gates. Lots of high flying offense from TAKA, and Storm looked like he was being set up for a squash match, which he inherently was. TAKA continued his barrage of offense for a little while longer, before dispatching Storm with a MICHINOKU DRIVER for the easy victory at 5:10.

WINNER (AND ADVANCING TO THE SECOND ROUND): TAKA MICHINOKU!

---Jeff Jarrett is walking through the back, looking around, presumably for Chris Jericho. He sees Barry Windham and Steve Corino standing and talking next to a water cooler, and approaches them… ---

Jarrett: “Steve….Barry….have you seen that rotten son-of-a-bitch?”

Corino: “Who? Jericho? Yeah man, I saw him.”

Windham: “Yeah, me too.”

Jarrett: “OK…where is he?”

Windham: “Aw…shoot Jeff. That was an hour ago. Ain’t seen him since then.”

Jarrett: “You guys are killing me…Barry, what’s it worth to you to help me find him?”

Windham: “We've been friends for a long time Jeff. And we have to protect tradition. Jericho spits all over it.”

Jarrett: “Fine, whatever. Grab your buddy and let’s go!”

Corino: “Whoa, Jeff. I’m staying right here. I’ve known Jericho for years…and…”

Jarrett: “Then stay. Barry and I have business to take care of.”

--- Jarrett and Windham walk off together, and the camera follows. Just then, they kick open a door, just to see Kanyon, Lenny and Lodi doing each other’s hair. They quickly shut the door and look at each other. ---

Jarrett: “I’m not even asking.”

--- They continue to walk, and run straight into Jericho as he rounds a corner. Jarrett remains calm, and gets face to face with him. ---

Jarrett: “You know, Chris. I was going to give you a titanic ass-whoopin’, but I’m not going to do that. I’m above that level. But at Superbrawl, it’ll be a different story. You and me, in a ladder match. How’s that sound, slappy.”

Jericho: “You know, Jeffery, that sounds like a fantastic idea. ‘The Chosen One’ vs. The ‘Highlight Of The Night’…’The King of the Mountain’ vs. ‘The King of the World’…’The Huge Rock Star’ vs. ‘Brokeback Mountain’. I’ll take it. Just make sure you don’t lose that belt first.

---Jericho shoves his way past Jarrett and Windham, and walks away singing ‘With My Baby Tonight’ much to the shagrin of Jarrett as Scott Hall’s music hits and we set up for our next match.---

Match #3 - NWA Television Championship - CW Anderson © vs. Scott Hall

Anderson, once again, looked good in this match with a very intimidating high powered offense early on. Scott Hall also looked tremendous, as he fired back early on with some good punches and slams, a typical big man's offense. Anderson eventually got the momentum on his side, as he drove Hall into the ground with a DDT, and then railed Hall with some well placed punches while he was lying on the mat. Hall eventually gets vertical again, and takes over the offense, getting several near-fall pin attempts, before picking CW up and delivering a FALLAWAY SLAM for the cover, and a 2 count before Anderson got his feet on the ropes. Much more back and forth action, in a fairly long match for TV, as CW finally put hall away with the SPINEBUSTER for the title retention at 13:43.

WINNER (AND STILL TELEVISION CHAMPION): CW ANDERSON!

--- Anderson holds the title high in the air, and walks towards the back gesturing to the crowd. Once he gets to the stage, she sees former tag team partner SIMON DIAMOND standing with a microphone.---

Diamond: "Simon...has....a problem."

--- Moderate heat from the crowd, as Diamond advances toward Anderson. ---

Diamond: "You're an ingrate! You are an inconsiderate piece of trash! I carry you all those years, and you manage to sneak off to the NWA, win a title and forget who got you here? I can't believe you, Anderson. And I am going to prove how worthless you really are. At Superbrawl, it is going to be me and you, 1 on 1 for that tin-foil strap on your shoulder, and I am going to show the world that Simon Diamond is the real deal, and is better....than...you."

---CW walks toward Diamond and throws a haymaker that lands square on his jaw, before picking Simon up, and nailing the SPINEBUSTER on the stage. He spits on Simon and walks into the back. We then see a commercial for Superbrawl.---

--- The West Hollywood Blondes' music hits the speakers, and out come Lane, Lodi, and Kanyon, skipping down the ramp to the ring. Lodi holds the ropes open for the other two, as they prance around the ring, and Lane and Lodi climb the turnbuckles holding up their titles. ---

Lane: "Hey everyone! It's me...Lenny! As you can see, I brought my trusty sidekicks, Lodi and Kanyon. And together, we are THE FREAK PARADE!"

Lodi: "Yeah, we're just a little left of center...a little strange....a little....CRAAAAAAZYYYYY!"

Kanyon: "But y'know, we aren't the only ones around here. Because right here in Wheeling, WV, we have found a new member."

Lane: "He talks to things."

Lodi: "He thinks he's in a world of his own."

Kanyon: "He fits in with us perfectly."

Lane: "He is...Shawn Stasiak!"

--- Stasiak walks slowly from the back, down to the ring, apparently talking to himself. It takes him forever, as his paranoia has made him afraid of his own shadow. He climbs into the ring, and joins the group hug. ---

Lane: "But in all seriousness, these belts mean the world to us. That's why we're not defending them at Superbrawl."

Lodi: "In fact, we won't even be there. Chris is having a tupperware party that day."

Stasiak: "QUIT YELLING!"

--- The music of "The Nature Boy" hits, and he strolls out to the ramp, laughing heartily. ---

Flair: "Wow. Just wow. You guys really are freaks. And you're also....DEAD WRONG! You WILL defend those titles at Superbrawl, and next week, we're going to have a #1 contender's match to see who you're going to fight. Or my name isn't...THE NATURE BOY! WOOOOOOO!"

--- Flair's music hits again, as The Freak Parade stomps their feet in frustration in the ring. D'Lo Brown is seen in the back with Michael Hayes, preparing for an interview.---

Hayes: "D'Lo, there has been a lot of speculation as to who your partner tonight was going to be, care to tell us."

Brown: "Naw, man. I'm gonna wait. See, Jindrak and Martin think they have it all figured out. But what they fail to see is that some LEGENDS in this sport, weren't blessed with the greatest bodies. I wanna see their faces when they see who I have brought in to prove that looks aren't everything."

--- Jindrak and Martin's Music plays and they head down to the ring. Soon after, the music of D'Lo Brown plays, and he stops on the ramp, and turns around. More music plays, and standing on the ramp, fork in hand is ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER! The two head down to the ring, as Jindrak and Martin hop outside to strategize. ---

Match #4 - D'Lo Brown and Abdullah the Butcher vs. Mark Jindrak and Andrew Martin

Very quick match, as most of it was spent with Martin and Jindrak running away from Abdullah, who really went to work with his...unorthodox...offense. Early on, with the referee distracted, Butcher pulled the fork out and gouged the head of Andrew Martin, busting him open slightly. D'Lo and Jindrak brawled on the outside, and the rest of the match was pretty much in this same vein. Lots of brawling, pretty much nothing more than a cluster. Once things settled down, Jindrak and D'Lo went at it for a while in the ring, with D'Lo getting 90% of the offense. Jindrak was whipped into the corner, and Abdullah started biting his head, while D'Lo came running in for the splash, setting up for the SKY HIGH and the win at 6:32.

WINNERS: D'LO BROWN AND ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER!

--- D'Lo taunts the two losers, as he and Abdullah raise hands, to a nice ovation from the crowd. Chris Jericho is then seen warming up, as Steve Corino walks in to his locker room. ---

Jericho: "Hey Steve...what's going on?"

Corino: "Man, Jarrett and Windham are after you. Jarrett wants your blood."

Jericho: "I know. Wait...didn't I see you with Windham earlier?"

Corino: "Yeah, they tried to get me to help. I told them no. We're buddies, remember?"

Jericho: "Yeah, I remember. Just watch my back out there Steve. I have to be in prime physical condition when I take on Brokeback Champion at Superbrawl."

Corino: "Sure thing, man. And listen. Good luck."

Jericho: "Thanks."

--- Corino smiles as he walks away, and Jericho finishes taping his wrists as Maven's music hits for the main event of the evening. ---

Main Event - Chris Jericho vs. Maven

Good clean matchup, as Maven continues to progress every match he has. Maven gets a quick start with lots of kicks, culminating in a beautiful dropkick that sends Jericho reeling. Maven gestured to the crowd, more than once, drawing ample heat for a guy of his stature. During the match, while Maven had most of the offense, Jarrett and Windham appear, and stand on stage watching, clapping. Maven continues his assault, hitting a very lofty elbow drop from the top rope, then pins for a 2 3/4 count. Windham and Jarrett slowly advance on the ring, as Maven beats down Jericho some more. Once they hit the ring, they climb in and STEVE CORINO comes barrelling down the ramp to hold them off. Maven is still putting the boots to Jericho, but backs off as COrino tries to restrain the champion and his friend. Finally, Corino turns around, and levels Jericho with a THRUST KICK, knocking him out cold. He then picks up his lifeless body and delivers the OLD SCHOOL EXPULSION. The referee calls for the bell, as Jericho gets the DQ win at 8:18.

WINNER (BY DISQUALIFICATION): CHRIS JERICHO!

--- Corino holds Jericho up, and Jarrett helps him entangle Y2J in the ring ropes. Jarrett is tossed a microphone, and gets in Jericho's face as Barry Windham slaps him around a bit.---

Jarrett: "You messed with the wrong group, son. You see, we are the gold standard in wrestling today, we are the measuring stick. We are TRADITION."

--- Jarrett steps back, and looks toward the ramp. ---

Jarrett: "And as for you, 'Nature Boy'...if this is the best you can do, you're going to have a hell of a time controlling these old boys. I've told you before, and i'll tell you again. I call the shots, I make the rules, because I HAVE YOUR BELT. We will set aside every single man, woman, child, beast...whatever you throw at us. Tradition is only going to grow stronger. And you will watch your empire crumble, right before your very eyes. Choke on that, slapnuts!"

--Jarrett throws the microphone down, and the 3 men take turns spitting on Jericho as the closing credits hit. ---

Hey, I'm looking for someone who might be interested in writing smark-esque reviews for my shows. If you're interested, let me know.

Edited by SixThreeSuperman

I didn’t like the way Goldberg was introduced in your second show. While he was involved in an incident with O’Haire at Clash of Champions, he had been in the audience (front row). You should have had some form of announcement welcoming Goldberg formally to the company, or an introduction. But just having him standing in the ring about to speak, and then get attacked seemed a waste. It was like Goldberg was always working, and depletes the role he played in the first show.

Other than that you developed your main storyline okay, but I think the backstage confrontation should have been a duelling mic segment in the ring, with Jarrett I the ring and Jericho at the entryway.

Guest SixThreeSuperman

Courtesy: PWInsider.com

- Despite a much lower buyrate than expected for their last show, the NWA plans to push forward with their plans to hold a weekly Pay Per View, at least until a television deal is reached. They are believed to currently be in negotiations with the WGN Superstation.

- Last night at Danger Zone, Stan Lane was seen in the back chatting with longtime friend Jim Cornette. It has been confirmed that he has signed a contract with the company, yet there is no word as to how he will be used.

- Several sources confirmed that former OVW Heavyweight Champion and WWE Developmental Talent Brent Albright has signed with the company. The most prevalent rumors have him involved with Sean O'Haire as a prodigy of some sort, however, this is only speculation at this time.

- Sean Waltman was released from his NWA contract earlier today after blasting the NWA promotion on Wrestling Observer radio. Scott Hall threatened to leave as well, but decided to stay, since Waltman pretty much did this to himself.

- Former WWE Tag Team Champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch will be one of the teams involved in Sunday's Tag Team Title #1 Contender's match.

• 10 months later...