WWE: The New Direction

JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

Talent Showcase

June 23, 2006

Last Friday, Chris Benoit successfully defended the World Heavyweight Championship against Rey Mysterio. However, he did so by using his Great American Bash opponent, Kurt Angle’s own finishing move. Following the match, Kurt Angle let Chris Benoit know he wasn’t happy with that, by delivering the move to Benoit himself. This week, Kurt Angle will be taking on up-and-comer Mr. Kennedy. Will Chris Benoit play a part in this match? Also, will The Undertaker make an appearance?

The war between The Mexicools and Noble and Kash continues to rage on. The two teams faced off once again last week, ending in a disqualification when Jamie Noble used a chair on both Psicosis and Super Crazy. This week, Teddy Long has signed a one-on-one match between Super Crazy and Jamie Noble. Who will come out on top?

The self-proclaimed New Blood of the WWE will be in action this week. The Second City Saints, consisting of CM Punk and Colt Cabana - both members of the group - will be making their in ring debut when they take on Simon Dean’s Gymini. Also, the apparent leader of the group, Christopher Daniels, announced last week after Samoa Joe defeated Randy Orton, that he himself would be taking on Orton this week on Smackdown. Can Orton get his vengeance, or will Christopher Daniels shut him out as well?

Don’t miss all of this and much more this week on Friday Night Smackdown at 8/7 CT on UPN.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

Friday June 23, 2006

Live! From Albany, New York

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: Smackdown on UPN

The opening video package begins to play as the broadcast comes on the air. Following the video package is the opening pyro. The theme song continues to play as the cameras go to the arena, showing the fans as Michael Cole and Tazz welcome the viewing audience. The theme song is soon cut off by the music of Simon Dean’s Gymini. Dean leads his tag team to the ring before the music of the self proclaimed New Blood of the WWE hits the speakers. CM Punk and Colt Cabana emerge from the back alone and head to the ring.

Tag Team Match

Second City Saints vs. The Gymini

Cabana starts the match with one of the Gymini. Right from the start, things aren’t looking good for Smackdown’s newest tag team, as the Gymini begin to make frequent tags and keep Cabana far from his corner. After a few moments, the Gymini attempts to whip Cabana to the corner, but Cabana reverses! Running Double Knee Attack in the corner! Cabana dives across the ring and makes the tag to Punk! Punk enters the ring and so does the other Gymini! The Gymini swings at Punk, but Punk ducks! The Gymini spins around, STEP UP ENZIGURI! The illegal Gymini rolls out of the ring while the legal one, still feeling the effects of the double knee from Cabana, staggers toward Punk and clobbers him with a forearm to the back of the head! Before too long, The Gymini are right back to dominating the match, making frequent tags and now keeping Punk from making the tag. One of The Gymini drags Punk to their corner, which is proceeded by the other Gymini getting into the ring for a double team. Cabana tries to get into the ring, but the referee stops him, noting that he needs to make a tag. Before the referee turns back around to see the double team, the second Gymini is back on the apron. The Gymini sends Punk into the corner. He charges toward him, but Punk gets up the boots! Cabana hurries to the top rope as the Gymini stumbles in his direction… MISSILE DROP KICK! The second Gymini hops into the ring and goes after Cabana, who side steps and tosses him between the middle and top ropes. Cabana follows him to the outside while CM Punk approaches the legal Gymini. The Gymini starts to fight back as he tries to get to his feet. He gets in a few shots, but Punk eventually ducks one. The Gymini spins around… DEVIL LOCK DDT! Punk goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winners: Second City Saints

Overall Rating: 66%

The cameras cut to the back as Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro stand in front of the interview set, only there’s no interviewer.

Mercury: Paul London and Brian Kendrick… you probably think you’re hot stuff. Well stop. Melina isn’t in it for you two, she’s in it for the gold. She’s nothing more than a hoe. Whether you’ve got her in your corner or not, those belts will still come back to us. And they’re gonna do just that at the Great American Bash.

Nitro: And Melina… you’re goin’ down. And not the way you’re used to goin’ down!

With that, Mercury and Nitro walk off screen. It looks like we’ve got a WWE Tag Team Championships match at the Great American Bash!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cruiserweight Championship Special Referee Match

Mike Mizanin vs. Gregory Helms©

REFEREE: Nunzio

When the show returns from the break, Nunzio and Mike Mizanin are already in the ring, talking amongst themselves while Mizanin’s music plays. After a second or two, his music is cut off when Gregory Helms’ music hits the speakers. The Cruiserweight Champion climbs into the ring and talks a little trash to both Nunzio and The Miz. The match is ready to begin. The two competitors circle around the ring for a few brief moments before entering into a lock up… WHAT IN THE HELL?! Nunzio, out of nowhere, strikes both men down! What the hell is he doing?! Nunzio takes the referee shirt off and throws it to the ground as he lays a few kicks on The Miz as he lies on the mat. Nunzio then drops to the mat and starts with some vicious punches on Helms. Nunzio gets back to his feet and starts screaming at both men, saying that he’s the only one who deserves the Cruiserweight Championship.

Winner: No Contest

Overall Rating: 81%

The cameras cut to Teddy Long’s office as he argues with JBL.

Teddy Long: Now JBL, I’m well aware of the fact that you defeated Lashley last week, and retained your United States Championship.

JBL: You’re damn right I did!

Teddy Long: But that doesn’t change the fact that you cheated to win.

JBL: I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. I don’t need to cheat to win that piece of garbage!

Teddy Long: You used the bel…

JBL: Don’t interrupt me, Teddy! I’m not in the mood. I am not defending my title against him again! I already beat him!

Overall Rating: 80%

Teddy Long: That is true. But, you don’t make the rules around here. I do, playa. But I’ll tell you what. I won’t make you defend the United States Championship here tonight.

JBL: That’s what I thought.

Teddy Long: Instead, you’re going to defend it in a one-on-one contest against Lashley, at the Great American Bash!

JBL: WHAT?!

JBL stutters but can’t get anymore words out. Teddy Long pats him on the back a few times before turning him around, leading him out of the office.

Overall Rating: 83%

Singles Match

Randy Orton vs. Christopher Daniels

The cameras cut back to the arena as Randy Orton’s music hits the speakers. The former World Heavyweight Champion makes his way to the ring before the music of the self proclaimed New Blood of the WWE hits the speakers for the seconds time of the evening. Christopher Daniels emerges from the back with Samoa Joe at his side. Daniels approaches the ring steps to enter the ring, but Joe quickly climbs under the bottom rope and gets right in Randy Orton’s face. Orton and Joe begin to exchange words with one another while Daniels enters the ring. The referee calls for the bell to begin the match, but Orton and Joe seem to not notice, as they continue to argue in the middle of the ring. Daniels looks at the both of them, and slowly creeps up behind Orton. Daniels taps Orton on the shoulder, causing him to whip around… KICK to the midsection… ANGEL’S WINGS! 1... 2... 3! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe laugh as they celebrate inside the ring. A few seconds later, CM Punk and Colt Cabana make their way down to the ring as well. Colt Cabana pulls Orton to his feet and lifts him up over his shoulder as CM Punk comes off the ropes and catches him with the RKO (basically, a 3D)! Michael Cole mentions to the view audience that he has been informed that the Second City Saints will actually be calling that move the RKO, taking a very blatant shot at Randy Orton. The four men stand together in the ring and celebrate for a few moments. Eventually, they all head out just as Randy Orton starts to come to and begin questioning the referee as to what just happened. That match lasted all of about ten seconds. Wow…

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Overall Rating: 73%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from commercials to show Rey Mysterio standing next to Kristal Marshall.

Kristal: Rey Mysterio, you have requested this interview time because you have something you would like to address. The floor is yours.

Mysterio: Last week, I got my shot to regain my World Heavyweight Championship. I got my chance to regain my dream. That chance, was ruined by Finlay. Finlay, for the last three weeks, you have been sticking your nose in my business. I don’t know what your problem is, but I’m going to fix it. In three weeks, at the Great American Bash, I’m going to show you why Rey Mysterio was the World Heavyweight Champion!

Mysterio turns and walks away. The cameras quickly cut to the arena as Matt Hardy’s music comes over the speakers. Hardy makes his way out from the back with a microphone in his hand. He heads for the ring with purpose. Once he’s in the ring, his music fades out.

Hardy: Last Friday, WWE sent out a message on their Mobile Service announcing that at the Great American Bash, I would be teaming up with Gunner Scott to take on Booker T and Hardcore Holly. Later that night, Booker and Holly savagely attacked Gunner in his locker room, breaking his arm. I get to the arena today to be told that Gunner’s gonna be out for two months because of his injury. What I want to know is, why don’t Booker and Holly have the balls to face someone in the ring instead of injuring them with a surprise attack?! Did you think you’d get out of your match at the pay-per-view if you injured one of your opponents? Let me tell you something! You’re not getting out of anything! I’ll take on both of y…

Overall Rating: 71%

Matt Hardy is interrupted when he is attacked from behind by both Booker T and Hardcore Holly! They both proceed to brutalize him with some stiff punches before Holly slides out of the ring to grab a steel chair. Holly brings the chair back into the ring and places it around Hardy’s arm, much like he did to Gunner Scott last week. Holly prepares to stomp down on the chair, but Booker T quickly cuts him off and pushes him back. Booker tells Holly to save Hardy for the Great American Bash, and that he can do whatever he wants to him on the pay-per-view. After a few seconds of arguing, Holly finally agrees and the two head toward the back, leaving Matt reeling in the middle of the ring.

Overall Rating: 80%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Super Crazy w/ Psicosis vs. Jamie Noble w/ Kid Kash

As the show comes back from the break, Noble and Kash’s music comes over the speakers. They make their way to the ring before the Mexicools’ music hits. The Mexicools emerge from the back and head to the ring as well. With Psicosis and Kid Kash on the outside, Crazy and Noble square off. They go back and forth for a good three minutes before either man can get any real momentum. However, Jamie Noble soon begins to pick up some steam after Kash trips Crazy up near the ropes. This of course leads to Kash and Psicosis brawling about at ringside. Inside the ring, Noble manages to keep the upper hand for a few moments before attempting to whip Crazy into the ropes. Super Crazy reverses, sending Noble across the ring. When Noble comes off the ropes, Crazy catches him with a hip toss. Noble gets to his feet near the ropes and Crazy charges at him. Noble is quick to react, and low bridges the ropes, sending Super Crazy toppling to the outside. Super Crazy gets to his feet and starts to head back toward the ring, but then glances over at the time keeper’s table, and notices a steel chair. Super Crazy smiles and walks over to the chair, picking it up, and taking it back into the ring. The referee tries to take the chair away, but Crazy shoves him away and then proceeds to BLAST Noble in the head with the chair. Obviously, the referee calls for the bell, but Crazy smiles anyway. Psicosis tosses Kash into the ring and Super Crazy measures him up. Kash gets to his feet and BAM! Chair shot for him as well! Last week, Noble used a chair to purposely get disqualified, and now Super Crazy has returned the favor!

Winner: By Disqualification, Jamie Noble

Overall Rating: 87%

Seconds after Super Crazy levels Kid Kash with the chair, General Manager Teddy Long’s music hits the speakers. He makes his way out onto the stage with a microphone.

Teddy Long: This has gone far enough! I am getting sick and tired of you four thinking that you make the rules around here! Last week it was Jamie Noble and Kid Kash getting themselves disqualified, and this week it’s you, Super Crazy. Obviously you all can’t solve your issues the traditional way, so at the Great American Bash, the four of you will go head-to-head in a No Disqualification, Tag Team Match! Holla at me, playa!

Super Crazy and Psicosis shrug in the ring as Teddy Long heads to the back, being satisfied with the match Long has made. You can imagine how Jamie Noble and Kid Kash are going to react once they regain consciousness.

Overall Rating: 75%

The cameras cut to the back as William Regal walks down a corridor. He soon approaches a locker room door that bares a sign with his name on it. He opens the door and takes a few steps inside when he JUMPS out of surprise, seeing Batista and Burchill sitting near the far wall. They stop talking and look over at Regal briefly. They then return to talking as Burchill is attempting to convince Batista to allow him to put eyeliner on him.

Burchill: Oh just let me put the bloody eyeliner on you! You’ll look just like a pirate!

Batista: Burchill, I’m not “pirate.” Regal over there, on the other hand, is a pirate. But not the kind you’d think. I heard he likes men.

William Regal slams the door in disgust, leaving the room. Batista and Burchill laugh hysterically as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Mr. Kennedy vs. Kurt Angle

“MIIISSTEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR KENNEDY! ……… KENNEDY” echoes throughout the arena as the show returns from the commercial break. Mr. Kennedy emerges from the back and makes his way to the ring with an arrogant smirk on his face. Before long, his music is interrupted by Kurt Angle’s. Angle steps out onto the stage to a huge ovation and then makes his way to the ring. The first couple of minutes of the match consist of Kurt Angle keeping Mr. Kennedy at bay, no matter what Kennedy tries. Mr. Kennedy gradually grows more and more frustrated. After those few minutes, Kurt Angle sends Kennedy into the ropes and attempts and clothesline, but Kennedy ducks. As he gets behind Kurt, he hooks him and NAILS him with a Neckbreaker, going after the surgically repaired neck of Kurt Angle! From this point, Kennedy begins to gain some momentum, continuing to work on Angle’s damaged neck. Kennedy hoists Angle up for a suplex near the ropes and then drops him down across the top rope. With Angle teetering on the rope, Kennedy blasts him with a stiff European uppercut, sending Angle to the floor. Mr. Kennedy taunts the crowd from inside the ring as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returns from the break, Kurt Angle is in the midst of fighting his way out of a headlock. He shoves Kennedy off and into the ropes, catching him with a Shoulder Block as he comes back toward him. Angle goes off the ropes and hops over Kennedy, coming off the ropes once again. However, when he comes back off the ropes, Kennedy is right there with a back elbow, taking Angle to the mat once again. Kennedy pulls Angle to his feet and sends him hard into the corner. Kennedy approaches him and begins to set him up for the Green Bay Plunge (yes, I have been mistakenly calling his finisher the Kenton Bomb, my apologies). He almost has him on his shoulders when Kurt manages to fight his way back off and shoves Kennedy off the top rope. Kennedy lands in perfect position for Kurt to… Is he going for a Moonsault?! Holy crap! Kurt SOARS off the top rope with the Moonsault… NO! Kennedy moves! Kurt fights to his feet and is immediately taken down with a Uranage/Backbreaker combination! Kennedy goes for the cover! 1... 2... NO! Kurt kicks out! Kennedy gets to his feet, frustrated again, and pulls Kurt up. He picks him up and NAILS him with what D’Lo Brown used to called the Sudden Impact! He goes for another cover! 1... 2... Kurt kicks out again! Kennedy can’t believe it! Kennedy gets to his feet and starts to argue with the referee about counting faster. As he does so, Kurt manages to grab his leg and drag him down, instantly locking on the Angle Lock! After a few seconds, and Kennedy not tapping, but instead trying to crawl toward the ropes, Angle drops the mat and grapevines Kennedy’s leg! Kennedy has nowhere to go! He raises his hand, contemplating tapping out… HE DOES! KENNEDY TAPS! Kurt Angle gets to his feet to celebrate while Kennedy rolls out of the ring grasping his ankle. All of the sudden…

Winner: Kurt Angle

Overall Rating: 85%

WHAM! Kurt Angle is taken down from behind by someone off screen! Immediately after, the cameras change around to reveal Chris Benoit standing over him with the World Heavyweight Championship belt in his hands. He used it to knock out Kurt Angle! With Kurt Angle out cold, Benoit climbs to the second rope and holds his championship belt high above his head. The cameras focus on him as the show goes off the air.

Overall Rating: 89%

Overall Show Rating: 78%

Television Rating: 5.66

Attendance: 9,003

Credit WWE.com

Turmoil

June 26, 2006

John Cena seemingly hit “Rock Bottom” last week on RAW when The Rock pulled out the victory for his team by pinning the former WWE Champion. In what can only be described as an all-out war, eight of the WWE’s biggest stars destroyed one another in a brutal Eight-Man Tag Team Match. By the end of the night, Triple H, Chris Masters, and Shawn Michaels were completely motionless while The Rock managed to take out both Chris Jericho and John Cena to win the match. What about Kane and Mick Foley? Following the final commercial break of the broadcast, Mick Foley and Kane were tearing one another apart in the back, when Mick Foley made an attempt to burn Kane’s face with a torch. As the show came to a close, the two had to be held apart by agents in the back. For their own safety, Vince McMahon has banned both Kane and Mick Foley from the arena for this week’s RAW.

Vince McMahon has also gone ahead with announcing this week’s RAW main event! Due to Edge interfering in Rob Van Dam’s match last week, and RVD then getting his retribution following Edge’s match, the Chairman of the WWE has scheduled a tag team match. Rob Van Dam will team with Carlito to take on Edge and his partner, Shelton Benjamin. Speaking of Shelton Benjamin, just before last week’s main event, Shelton Benjamin and Chavo Guerrero were found fighting backstage. What about? And, will Chavo be at RAW this week?

The World Tag Team Championships have not been defended since Vengeance over two weeks ago. That will change this week on RAW as the punishment for The Interns continues when they are forced to defend their titles against two unnamed opponents. Who could they be? Also, Chris Masters will finally defend his Intercontinental Championship for the first time since winning it at Vengeance when he goes one-on-one with Eugene!

All this and much more on Monday Night RAW (9/8 CT; USA Network).

Guest TNA/WWE Fan

A pretty good show going here. I am a huge cruiserweight fan so I like them getting a pretty good feuds. I also like the feud between Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho. The tag team division is getting a good push as well with MNM vs. London and Kendrick. I will be checking back to see what is going on and I will probably start giving you full reviews like I do for Inner D Moz near the end of the month as that is when I will have time.

I have to admit I was very skeptical about the stable The New Blood but at least your making good use out of Orton leaving by ruining him. The return of the Corporation's a great storyline and I'm curious if they get the WWE Heavyweight Champion to ever join their faction to hold all the gold. D-X returning is a nice surprise too, and The Rock returning against Cena was nicely done - Couldn't help but laugh on the counter to Cena's counter to The Rock's phrases. Not really enjoying the Booker T/Hardcore Holly team so much as I never was a big fan of Hardcore but the alliance of Finlay and Benoit is a nice pairing. Looking forward to the next show.

IPB Image

Monday June 26, 2006

Live! From Fayetteville, North Carolina

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: RAW on USA

RAW comes onto the air with a video package highlighting the events that transpired last week between Edge and Rob Van Dam. Following the video, the usual RAW opening video plays. As the video segues into the opening pyro as Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler welcome the viewing audience. The RAW theme song is soon cut off by that of Eugene.

Intercontinental Championship

Eugene vs. Chris Masters©

Once Eugene reaches the ring, the Intercontinental Champion, Chris Masters’ music hits the speakers. Masters gets to the ring and match begins. Masters not-so-surprisingly controls the match right from the start. However, as the match progresses, Eugene starts to gain some offense, and eventually gets enough momentum to start hitting a series of moves. Eugene seems to have taken control of the match when he hooks Masters for the Rock Bottom, but Masters quickly counters out and Eugene finds himself locked in the death grip known as the Masterlock! Within a few seconds, Eugene is rendered unconscious and the referee calls for the bell.

Winner: And STILL Intercontinental Champion, Chris Masters

Overall Rating: 65%

A few moments go by as Masters and Eugene make their ways backstage, during which time Styles and Lawler talk about tonight’s main event. After a few moments, John Cena’s music hits the speakers and he emerges from the back to thunderous boos. He climbs into the ring and is handed a microphone.

Cena: Cut my damn music!

John Cena’s music fades out, but the crowd’s boos grow to deafening proportions.

Cena: Yeah, that’s real cute. I don’t give a damn what you people think. Booing isn’t gonna keep me from speakin’ my mind! Rock, Mr. Hollywood, you think you’re one tough son of a bitch, don’t ya? You took me out two weeks ago. You pinned me last week. Big freakin’ deal! Everyone in this arena can tell you that I’m always takin’ a beating, only to come back and whoop some ass in the end!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show comes back from commercials with John Cena not at all looking happy.

Cena: Great job, guys. You punks in the production truck are real funny. “Oh, let’s take a commercial break during John Cena’s promo. Kudos to you for being freakin’ comic geniuses. Anyway, as I was saying… Let me tell ya something, Rock. You’re not the Great One anymore. Nuh uh. You’re a washed up has been, who lost his edge in sports entertainment, so you went and tried your luck in Hollywood. You only got anywhere in Hollywood ‘cause you made it your new profession to get on your knees for producers! There’s nothing great about you, there never was. I’m gonna prove that, right here tonight! You and me, one-on-one. Get the hell out here!

Overall Rating: 90%

John Cena waits a few seconds, but nothing happens. He brings the microphone toward his mouth to call out The Rock one more time, but is cut off when Shawn Michaels’ music hits the speakers! HBK emerges from the back with a microphone.

HBK: John, you’ve got a lot of nerve, boy. You get trampled by The Rock two weeks in a row, and now you’re asking for it again. I’m not sure if that’s guts… or a lack of brains. But, I hate to bring the bearer of bad news, John. But the truth is, I have to be. You see, you won’t be facing The Rock tonight. Oh, no. No. You have some hell to pay for what you did to me last week. So here’s the bad news John. You’ve got to deal with ME… tonight!

Cena starts to talk trash toward Michaels from inside the ring.

HBK: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down there, Killer. It’s okay. Now, you head to your locker room, and put on some clean shorts… and clean yourself up, and I’ll see you later!

HBK’s music hits the speakers once more and he heads back to the back. Cena continues to throw a bit of a fit in the ring as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Overall Rating: 88%

Singles Match

Big Show vs. Chris Jericho

When the broadcast returns, the arena echoes with the music of the Big Show. He makes his way to the ring to a moderate reaction from the crowd before Chris Jericho’s music interrupts his. Chris Jericho makes his way out from the back and heads to the ring. As soon as the match begins, Chris Jericho tries to evade Big Show in every way possible. This eventually leads to Jericho fleeing from the ring and provoking Big Show to chase him around the ring. After a few laps around the ring, Jericho slides back in. As Big Show climbs onto the apron to get back in, Jericho springboards off the second rope and delivers a drop kick to Big Show, knocking him back down off the apron. Big Show lands on his feet, however, and doesn’t look too pleased. Show reaches under the bottom rope, and yanks Jericho down to the mat, proceeding then to pull him out of the ring. From this point, Big Show begins to completely manhandle Jericho, using his size to his advantage. After a few moments, the two find themselves back inside the ring, with Big Show continuing to dominate. This continues for a few minutes before Big Show sends Jericho into the corner. Big Show charges at Jericho, but Jericho pulls the referee into the way before getting himself out of the corner. With the referee down, Jericho delivers a stiff kick to the crotch of the Big Show. Jericho then climbs out of the ring and grabs a steel chair from next to the time keeper’s table. Chris Jericho climbs into the ring just as Big Show is getting back to his feet. WHAM! Steel chair shot to the head of the Big Show! Show falls to one knee, so Jericho BLASTS him with the chair once again. With the chair now completely useless and destroyed, and with Big Show laid out in the middle of the ring, the referee starts to come to. Jericho quickly tosses the chair out of the ring and lands a Lionsault on Big Show! Jericho goes for the cover as the referee crawls over to make the count. 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Chris Jericho

Overall Rating: 77%

The cameras cut to the back as Edge and Lita are making their way down a hallway. As they are walking, a door opens and out steps Vince McMahon. Edge and Lita stop dead in their tracks and Vince and Edge look each other dead in the eyes.

Vince: Hey there, champ!

Vince pats Edge on the shoulder and smiles.

Vince: I’ll see you later!

Vince walks away smiling as Edge and Lita look at one another. Edge gets a small smile on his face before the couple continue down the hall.

Overall Rating: 94%

The cameras cut to a different area backstage. This time, Todd Grisham is standing in front of the interview set alongside Chavo Guerrero.

Todd: Chavo, last week, a fight between Shelton Benjamin and yourself broke out, and had to be split up by staff. Myself and everyone in this arena, are curious as to… what exactly was the cause of that confrontation?

Chavo stares at Todd Grisham with a very somber look on his face.

Chavo: Todd, in all honesty, I’d rather not even get into it. However, the fans have a right to know why what happened, happened. I’m not going to go into detail, but Shelton had the audacity, to insult my uncle, Eddie Guerrero, on a very personal level. I did not take this too kindly, and I will never forgive him for what he said. Shelton, you can be at ease tonight, as I have no intentions of interfering in your match. But after this week… keep both eyes open, and never forget to look over your shoulder… because things are just getting started. You have one hell of a price to pay, and I’m going to make sure you do just that.

Chavo pushes Todd aside and walks away.

Overall Rating: 83%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Tag Team Championships

The Interns© vs. Unnamed Opponents

As the show returns, a new remixed version of Vince McMahon’s music hits the speakers as four of The Interns make their way out from the back. Once they get in the ring, their music fades out. The Interns, as well as the crowd, anticipate the arrival of their unnamed opponents. After nearly thirty seconds of silence… “Did I just hear myself say… three minutes?” plays over the speakers just before a familiar rap songs hits. Rosey and Jamal, 3 Minute Warning, emerge from the back with someone else coming along with them. Upon closer inspection, we can see that the person who seems to be their manager, is former UPN Network Representative, Palmer Canon! 3MW storms the ring and immediately begins to take it to all four members of The Interns! The referee calls for the bell to start the match as the music fades out. After all four members of The Interns have been taken out, we eventually find out that Kenneth and Mitchell are the legal men in this match. Rosey and Jamal completely DESTROY Kenneth and Mitchell for a little over two minutes. Finally, Kenneth gets an opening and heads to the outside, bringing a steel chair out from under the ring. Kenneth brings the chair into the ring and, directly in front of the referee, smashes it over the head of Rosey! The referee calls for the bell, disqualifying The Interns. However, Jamal is there and gets a little retribution for his team. He sends Kenneth into the ropes… HUGE SAMOAN DROP! Kenneth rolls out of the ring as Mitchell charges at Jamal. Jamal launches Mitchell into the air for what appears to be a flapjac… NO! A modified Diamond Cutter like move out of a flapjack set up! Holy crap! Mitchell rolls out of the ring. Rosey starts to get to his feet as Mikey runs toward him and goes for a cross body. Rosey catches him. Rosey hoists him up, and then SLAMS him back down with a modified power slam-like move. John quickly jumps into the ring, but 3MW catches him with a double Spinebuster! 3MW has completely destroyed every single member of The Interns! All four members eventually get to their feet on the outside and flee to the back. Palmer Canon climbs into the ring with a microphone.

Winners: By Disqualification, 3 Minute Warning

Overall Rating: 59%

Canon: Look at that, just about three minutes after the ring of the opening bell, and the World Tag Team Champions are wiped out! Three Minute Warning is back, and this time, they’re taking that gold that they deserve! Eric Bischoff is the reason this team never made it anywhere a few years ago, but this time… they’ve got me in their corner. They’ve got a real manager. Interns… Vince McMahon’s little lackeys… Three Minute Warning is taking the World Tag Team Championships one way or another!

3MW’s music hits the speakers again as the cameras fade to black for a video package.

Overall Rating: 82%

A video package begins to air that shows Mick Foley showing up on RAW a couple of weeks ago to challenge Kane. The video then shows clips of the two brawling throughout the arena during last week’s main event. The focus of the video seems to be Mick Foley’s attempt at burning Kane’s face with the torch. After the video ends, the cameras fade from black to reveal Kane sitting alone in a dark, unidentifiable room. He is sitting in front of a mirror, closely examining his face while running his fingers over it. Kane repeatedly mutters “Why?” as he stares at his face in the mirror.

Singles Match

Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena

The cameras cut back to the arena as John Cena’s music hits the speakers. He makes his way to the ring to immense boos from the crowd. Once in the ring, John Cena’s music is cut off by that of Shawn Michaels. Michaels makes his way to the ring to a huge ovation from the fans. The match begins as soon as Michaels gets in the ring, as Cena quickly attacks him. John Cena controls the match for the opening minutes, using cheap tactics and stiff shots. As the match progresses, Shawn Michaels gradually begins to get in more and more shots, and eventually starts to gain some momentum.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the commercials are over, Shawn Michaels is in control. He takes Cena down near the corner with a scoop slam, and then heads for the top rope. ELBOW DROP! Shawn Michaels seems to be on fire as he heads to the corner and starts to tune up the band for the Sweet Chin Music! Cena slowly gets to his feet and Michaels lunges at him… NO! Cena ducks and gets Michaels from behind… PROTOPLEX! Cena goes for a cover but only gets a two count! Cena gets to his feet and starts arguing with the referee, telling him to count faster. Michaels starts to get to his feet but Cena kicks him square in the face, knocking him back to the mat. Triple H emerges from the back with his trusty sledgehammer in tow. Cena notices, and starts to yell in Triple H’s direction as he slowly makes his way toward the ring. John Cena turns around to go back to HBK, but Shawn is right there and starts laying in the punches. They start exchanging punches as Triple H climbs onto the apron. HBK goes to whip Cena toward Triple H… NO! Cena reverses and sends HBK into Triple H, who inadvertently blasts him with the sledgehammer! Michaels staggers backward… FU FROM CENA! Triple H is furious on the apron as Cena goes for the pin! 1... 2... 3! Triple H immediately enters the ring and charges at Cena with the sledgehammer! Cena ducks the shot! Triple H turns around… FU TO HHH!!!

Winner: John Cena

Overall Rating: 78%

With Triple H and Shawn Michaels both down, The Rock hops the barricade and slides into the ring behind Cena. Cena whips around and begins exchanging punches with The Rock. The exchanging turns into just receiving, as John Cena ends up on the receiving end of numerous shots from The Rock. The Rock hits quite a few punches before reeling back, spitting in his palm, and swinging at Cena one last ti… OH! NO! Cena ducks that last punch… FU TO THE ROCK! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! John Cena just took out Shawn Michaels, Triple H, AND The Rock! Unbelievable! John Cena’s music echoes throughout the arena as he towers over three unconscious superstars.

Overall Rating: 96%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Team Match

Carlito and Rob Van Dam vs. Shelton Benjamin and Edge w/ Lita

Edge and Shelton Benjamin are already in the ring when the show returns from the break. Soon after the break is over, Carlito’s music hits the speakers. Once Carlito gets to ringside, Rob Van Dam’s music hits. RVD emerges from the back and storms into the ring alongside Carlito. Immediately, a brawl begins between the four competitors. After a few moments, the referee finally restores order and Carlito starts the match with Shelton Benjamin. They go back and forth for a few moments before Carlito makes the tag to Rob Van Dam. Van Dam enters the match and takes it to Shelton. His control is short lived, and they quickly begin to go back and forth with no clear advantage over one another. RVD manages to make another tag to Carlito, before Shelton starts to take control of the match. Shelton and Edge begin to make frequent tags, isolating Carlito. This continues for a few minutes before the show heads into the its last commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returns from the break, Carlito is still being absolutely manhandled by his opponents, who are still making frequent tags. Edge takes it to Carlito for a few moments when Shelton decides to get into the ring without making a tag, to double team Carlito. This prompts RVD to try to stop him, but the referee directs his attention to RVD as a double team takes place behind the referee’s back. Fed up, RVD shoves the referee aside and charges at his opponents, taking them both down before eventually tossing Shelton to the outside. RVD follows him to the outside and they begin to brawl as Edge goes back to controlling Carlito. Inside the ring, Edge manages to get Carlito down near a neutral corner. Edge backs up to the opposite corner and measures Carlito up for the Spear. Carlito gets to his feet and Edge charges at him for the Spear! Carlito side steps and Edge crashes shoulder first into the ring post! Just as this occurs, RVD, who has pulled away from Shelton, hops back onto the apron as Carlito dives across the ring and makes the tag. RVD hurries into the ring as Shelton slides back in and charges at him. RVD takes him down a spinning heel kick! Edge manages to get back up to his feet and charges at RVD, only to get leveled by a springboard side kick. Shelton is back up! He runs at RVD but RVD simply tosses him over the top rope to the outside. RVD climbs to the top rope as Edge gets to his feet. RVD soars off with a kick to Edge’s face! Edge is down in the middle of the ring! Carlito darts across the ring and drop kicks Shelton, who is trying to get back into the ring! Carlito heads to the outside and brawls with Shelton as RVD ascends the ropes and SOARS off with the Five Star Frog Splash! HE NAILS IT! RVD goes for the cover on Edge! 1... 2... 3! RVD’s music hits the speakers as he celebrates. Carlito climbs back into the ring to celebrate with him as Shelton heads toward the ramp. Edge rolls out of the ring and is helped toward the ramp by Lita, who is carrying his belt. Shelton and Edge yell at RVD and Carlito as they celebrate. The cameras stay on RVD as he does his thumb-point taunt. The show goes off the air.

Winners: Rob Van Dam and Carlito

Overall Rating: 76%

Overall Show Rating: 80%

Television Rating: 6.37

Attendance: 9,011

Edited by JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

Injury

June 29, 2006

WWE.com has learned that Steven Richards has sustained an injury. Reportedly, Richards broke his leg at a recent live event. Early report indicate that he could be out for as long as eight months. Keep checking back for more updates!

Edited by JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

A Bitter Taste

June 30, 2006

Last week we witnessed Kurt Angle defeat the up-and-coming superstar known as Mr. Kennedy. However, following the match, the World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit made his presence known when he attacked Kurt Angle from behind. We all know that Kurt Angle will challenge Chris Benoit at the Great American Bash for the World Heavyweight Championship, but Kurt Angle has demanded a match against Benoit this week on Smackdown. Will General Manager Teddy Long allow it?

The self-proclaimed New Blood of the WWE have been making quite a name for themselves since their debut. They have taken out former World Heavyweight Champion, Randy Orton three weeks in a row, as well as picking up a tag team victory of Simon Dean’s Gymini. What does this group of talented, young superstars have up their sleeve this week?

Matt Hardy announced last week that Gunner Scott will be out of action for two months, eliminating him from their scheduled tag team match at the Great American Bash against Booker T and Hardcore Holly. Hardy wasn’t backing down however, as he challenged the two to a Handicap Match instead. But we all know that Teddy Long is the one that has to make the matches. What will he decide?

Don’t miss all of this and much more this week on Friday Night Smackdown at 8/7 CT on UPN.

Edited by JairusCain

Credit ****.com

Mike Tyson/WWE, Vengeance DVD, Orton's Release

Credit: ***** *******

Jakks has signed Mike Tyson for the WWE Classic Superstars action figure line.

If you purchase the WWE Wreckless Intent CD via iTunes you will get a free bonus track called "Pay the Price", which is the entrance theme Charlie Haas has been using as of late.

The Vengeace PPV will be released on DVD on Tuesday, July 25.

WWE.com reported this morning that Randy Orton has been released from his contract. The word going around is that his behavior upon his return had been no better than before his suspension. Along with the poor behavior came many complaints from the employees in the back, which ultimately led to the decision to let him go early. Orton's contract was set to expire in September.

Since we are readers of this diary, I'm going to answer this like would do if Orton got released, why not just move him to RAW? It's a different locker room & with HHH high on Orton, he wouldn't have too many troubles.

Also, I was LMAO at the Kane segment on RAW, because it would be heaps funny if he did it.

So keep up the work, this is one of the good diaries going around at the moment.

You know, I could have moved him to RAW, but to be honest, the thought never even crossed my mind. And if you read RAW, you'd see that there is already a lot going on in the main event scene, so I really don't care to add more to it. Also, from real life reports I've seen in the last month or two about Orton, even Triple H has grown tired of his backstage antics. And if I remember correctly, he had a horrible attitude backstage when he was on RAW as well. So in the end, moving him would not have corrected any problem. He would still be disrespecting the women in the back, and having a huge ego. Releasing him was inevitable for me, I guess. I needed to cut some costs, I had no plans for him, and didn't care to push him. I might as well let him go and save some money, due to the fact that I was actually getting complaints about his behavior on the game, haha. He had two months to go on his contract, which I wasn't going to renew... so I just cut him loose to save myself two months' worth of wages.

After reading that, I completly understand why you released him. But while I am replying, I'm not digging the tag division on RAW at the moment. Before you started to push them, every single one of them (besides the SS) were jobbers. I think you should've kept them as jobbers & restart the division with the SS & maybe a tag team from OVW perhaps.

Edited by JairusCain

IPB Image

Friday June 30, 2006

Live! From Roanoke, Virginia

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: Smackdown on UPN

The usual video package followed by the opening pyro are absent this week, as the very moment Smackdown comes on the air, Kurt Angle’s music hits the speakers. A very angry Kurt Angle emerges from the back with a microphone and makes his way to the ring. Once in the ring, his music fades out.

Angle: Everyone knows the deal! I’ve been waiting a freakin’ week to get my hands on Benoit, and I can’t wait another second! Benoit, I laid out the challenge, so it’s time to come out and accept it! Let’s do this right now!

Nothing happens.

Angle: Chris! Come on! I’m not in the mood to have to come back there and find you myself! Get your ass out here!

Overall Rating: 88%

After a few seconds of delay, Chris Benoit’s music finally comes over the speakers. The World Heavyweight Champion emerges from the back with the belt around his waist. He steps out onto the stage with a microphone in his hand. His music fades out.

Benoit: Kurt, I don’t know how to make things any clearer for you. I am not giving you a title shot before the Great American Bash. It’s that simple. Quite frankly, Kurt… you don’t even deserve a title shot. I laid you out last week without even breaking a sweat. You’re not good enough to wear this belt, let alone compete for it!

Angle: Is that so, bucko?! Then explain to me… explain to me why I’m a five time champion, and you’ve only held it twice! You’ve beat Randy freakin’ Orton, and Rey Mysterio! I’ve beaten Stone Cold Steve Austin! I’ve beaten The Rock! I’ve beaten the Big Show! I’ve beaten The Undertaker! Who have you defended your title against? Huh?! … That’s what I thought! Give me my damn title shot!

Benoit: No!

Angle: Yes!

Benoit: No!

Angle: Yes, dammit!

Benoit: I’m not giving you a title shot!

Overall Rating: 79%

Suddenly, in the middle of their argument, General Manager Teddy Long appears on the big screen.

Teddy: Will you both please shut up? This isn’t grade school! Kurt, you want your title shot, playa? Well, you’ve got a title shot at the Great American Bash. You’re not getting one before that! As for tonight, Kurt Angle… you’re going to take on the team of Chris Benoit, and JBL. And your partner… will be Lashley!

Chris Benoit starts yelling at the big screen, saying that he should have the night off. Kurt Angle stands in the ring smiling as the show fades to commercials.

Overall Rating: 69%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Non-Title Tag Team Match

Noble and Kash vs. London and Kendrick© w/ Melina

As the show comes back from the break, Noble and Kash’s music hits the speakers. They make their way to the ring before London and Kendrick’s music cuts theirs off. London and Kendrick emerge from the back with Melina at their side. Kendrick and Noble start the match. For the first minute or two, Kendrick and London make quick tags, keeping Noble at bay. However, after some interference from Kash, things quickly turn around, and the now legal man, Paul London, ends up being isolated from his corner as Noble and Kash make frequent tags and stay on him. This continues for a couple of minutes before London starts to gain some momentum. After a few moments, London and Kash are both in need of a tag. They both dive across the ring at the same time and tag in their partners. Kendrick jumps into the ring and immediately takes down Noble, who charges at him. Kash staggers to his feet only to get a drop kick from Kendrick! Noble gets back to his feet, and Kendrick is there with an Enziguri! Kash gets back to his feet and London charges at him, DROPSAULT! London lands on Noble with the Moonsault portion of the move! London gets to his feet and staggers toward his corner as Kash falls through the ropes from the impact of the kick and falls to the floor outside. Kendrick pulls Noble to his feet… Sliced Bread No. 2! He goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winners: London and Kendrick

Overall Rating: 90%

The cameras cut to the back where they show Lashley arriving at the building.

Singles Match

Burchill vs. William Regal

The cameras return to the arena as Burchill’s music comes over the sound system. He makes his way to the ring before William Regal makes his entrance. The match starts out going back and forth quite a bit. After the first couple of minutes however, Regal begins to use cheap tactics to start gaining momentum. Regal maintains control for a minute or two before he attempts to pull the brass knuckles out of his tights. The referee catches him however, and takes them from him. As the referee is focusing his attention elsewhere, Regal pulls another pair out of his left knee pad! Just before Regal goes to hit Burchill with the brass knuckles, BATISTA’s music echoes throughout the arena! Regal stops dead in his tracks and turns his attention to the entrance way! A few seconds pass and Batista never comes out. Regal decided to check on Burchill. However, as he turns around… WALKING THE PLANK! Burchill goes for the cover as Batista’s music fades out! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Burchill

Overall Rating: 75%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from the break to show Matt Hardy standing in the back near a catering table. He is getting a bite to eat and a drink when he is approached by Booker T and Hardcore Holly. Matt places his food on the table and prepares to put up a fight.

Booker: Calm down, Hardy Boy. We’re not here to fight.

Matt: Then what do you want?

Booker: I just wanted to let ya know you a lucky punk.

Matt: What the hell are you talking about?

Booker: Teddy Long wouldn’t approve the Handicap Match for the Great American Bash, so it’s just gonna to be you and me, sucka.

Matt: Damn. I was looking forward to kicking both your asses.

Booker: Ha ha. You’re funny. I’m just givin’ you fair warning… Holly’s still gonna be in my corner. We’re gonna do to you… exactly what we did to your friend.

Booker and Holly turn and walk away.

Matt: We’ll see about that…

The screen fades to black.

Overall Rating: 89%

A camera view of a cemetery appears on the screen. The camera pans around to reveal an empty grave. At the head of the grave is a head stone with the name “The Undertaker” engraved on it. Standing next to the empty grave is none other than Mr. Kennedy. Kennedy has a shovel in hand as he stares down into the grave. The camera zooms in on him as he turns his attention from the grave.

Kennedy: Undertaker… for the past few weeks, you’ve been trying to play your mind games. You’ve been trying to send me a message. A message that you’re going to bury me alive at the Great American Bash. Undertaker, I’m here now, to send YOU a message. No one is burying me at the Great American Bash. See, like I already said before, the last two years the Great American Bash has been your killing field… your burial grounds. Well that’s no longer the case! You see, this year, the Great American Bash is going to be MY killing field! MY burial ground! This year, Undertaker, I’m going to bury you! This isn’t going to be like all the times before… when you’ve been buried, and you’ve come back. Oh, no. This year Undertaker… I’m burying you for good. I am getting rid of you once and for all! I’ll see you on the sixteenth, Undertaker!

Kennedy shovels up a little bit of dirt and tosses it down into the grave. He then spits into the grave before violently throwing the shovel down into it. Kennedy stares into the camera as it fades to black.

Overall Rating: 86%

Tag Team Match

Mercury and Nitro vs. The Mexicools

The cameras cut back to the arena as The Mexicools’ music hits the speakers. The team rides out on their Juan Deeres and then the music of Mercury and Nitro hits. The former WWE Tag Team Champions make their way to the ring to start the match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from commercials as Psicosis is being manhandled by Nitro. Of course, Mercury feels the need to interject himself into the match as much as possible. After so many interferences without a tag, Super Crazy finally comes into the ring to even things out. Crazy and Mercury brawl around a little bit before Mercury eventually drags him to the corner… TORNADO DDT OFF THE SECOND ROPE! Crazy rolls to the outside. Nitro sends Psicosis into the ropes… Psicosis gets tripped up, slamming face first into the mat! What the hell?! That’s Kid Kash! Kash flees through the crowd, having caused the damage he intended to! Nitro pulls Psicosis up to his feet and hits him up on his shoulder. Mercury approaches… SNAPSHOT! Nitro goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winners: Mercury and Nitro

Overall Rating: 84%

The cameras cut to the back where Teddy Long stands in his office with Nunzio, Mike Mizanin, and Gregory Helms.

Long: Now Helms, Mizanin, I have to be fair!

Helms: Then be fair! What you’re doing is a crock!

Long: No, no, it’s not. Nunzio is just as deserving of a title shot as anyone.

Mizanin: Oh, so what? Attacking people when you’re supposed to be the referee gets you rewarded these days?

Long: It’s not even like that.

Nunzio: Long, I want my title shot one way or another. I suggest you give it to me.

Long: No need for intimidation, Nunzio. I have every intention of giving you your title shot. And you as well Mizanin. That’s why this year’s Great American Bash is going to play host to a Cruiserweight Championship… Triple Threat Match!

Helms: Are you kidding me?! This is bull crap, Long!

Helms turns and storms out of the room. The Miz shrugs, satisfied with getting a shot at all. Nunzio smiles and shakes hands with Teddy Long before exiting the room. A few seconds later, there is a knock on Teddy Long’s door.

Overall Rating: 76%

Long: Come in.

The door opens, and in walks Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, and Colt Cabana.

Long: How can I help you gentlemen?

Daniels: Teddy, I couldn’t help but over hear you announcing a Triple Threat match at the Great American Bash for the Cruiserweight Title.

Long: Yeah, I did, playa.

Daniels: Well, I figured… since we were so kind as to take care of that piece of trash Randy Orton, that we deserve a bit of a reward.

Long: I can’t deny you that. What can I do for ya?

Daniels: Well, we don’t call ourselves the New Blood for no reason, Teddy. We are the New Blood because we bring with us a new attitude. A new style. Something that World Wrestling Entertainment isn’t used to. We bring with us… an innovation of the WWE style. I have a suggestion for you, Teddy, for that Cruiserweight title match.

Long: … Okay. Let’s hear it.

Daniels: Something this company hasn’t seen before. Instead of throwing three guys out there, one fall to a finish… how about a double elimination, Round Robin Match, adding yours truly to the mix?

Long: Double elimination Round Robin Match, huh? I’ll tell ya what, playa. You’ve got yourself a match!

Christopher Daniels smiles and nods.

Daniels: You won’t regret it, Teddy!

The New Blood of the WWE turn and head out of the room, leaving Teddy Long with a confident smile on his face about his upcoming pay-per-view.

Overall Rating: 77%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Team Match

Kurt Angle and Lashley vs. Chris Benoit and JBL W/ Jillian

The show comes back on the air as Lashley’s music hits the speakers. He makes his way out to the ring, followed by Kurt Angle. Next, JBL’s music hits the speakers. He makes his way down to the ring with his United States Championship belt, eyeballing Lashley. His music fades out and after a few seconds, Chris Benoit’s comes over the speakers. Benoit marches to the ring with his belt strapped around his waist. The match starts out with Lashley and Benoit. Lashley gets in some good offense at the beginning, but is quickly shut down by the World Heavyweight Champion. Not long after, Benoit and JBL begin with the frequent tags, keeping Lashley away from his corner. This continues for a food four minutes, maybe five. Lashley ends up in the ring with Chris Benoit again, still on the receiving end of a beat down. Benoit sends Lashley hard into a neutral corner. Benoit charges at him, but gets a stiff elbow to the face! Lashley battles his way out of the corner with right hands. Lashley latches on… he spins around and tosses Benoit with a Belly-to-Belly suplex! Benoit quickly gets to his feet, but walks right into an OVERHEAD Belly-to-Belly! Lashley stumbles to his corner and makes the tag to Angle! Benoit once again gets to his feet, but Angle is right there to take him down with a shoulder block! JBL hops into the ring and charges at Angle! Angle ducks a clothesline… GERMAN SUPLEX ON JBL! JBL rolls out of the ring! Benoit is back up! He runs at Angle for a clothesline… GERMAN SUPLEX! AND ANOTHER! AND A THIRD! Angle goes for the cover! 1... 2... NO! Benoit kicks out! Angle pulls Benoit to his feet, but Benoit starts to fight back! Benoit gets an opening and goes for a whip! No! Angle reverses! As Benoit comes back off the ropes, Angle catches him in the… THE CROSSFACE! WHAT?! ANGLE HAS BENOIT’S OWN MOVE LOCKED ON HIM! BENOIT IS GOING TO TAP! Wait, no! What?!?! HOW?! Benoit rolls out of the hold and manages to float over to Angle feet… ANKLE LOCK! BENOIT HAS KURT IN THE ANKLE LOCK! JBL slides back into the ring and charges across to Lashley, clubbing him and knocking him off the apron! JBL taunts him to get in the ring and fight, which he does! Lashley slides back into the ring and charges at JBL! NO! JBL PULLS THE REFEREE INTO THE PATH! THE REFEREE IS OUT! Lashley, just now realizing what happened, turns around… CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! Lashley rolls toward the apron and lies there unconscious. Benoit STILL has the Ankle Lock applied! Kurt isn’t going to tap! FINLAY comes running down the ramp! Finlay slides into the ring and yanks the shirt off of the unconscious referee! He puts the shirt on and immediately calls for the bell! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?! Finlay informs Tony Chimel that Chris Benoit has won by submission. WHAT?! ANGLE NEVER TAPPED! Finlay raises Benoit’s and JBL’s hands in victory. Suddenly, Rey Mysterio comes running down the ramp and slides into the ring! He is immediately pummeled by the three inside the ring. However, after a few seconds, Lashley is back to his feet, and he tosses Finlay to the outside! JBL turns around and Lashley sends him into the ropes… HUUUUGE POWERSLAM! Benoit turns around and goes after Lashley. As they exchange punches, Mysterio gets to his feet and comes off the ropes… Lashley quickly sidesteps and Mysterio drop kicks Benoit from behind! Benoit trips forward and lands on the second rope! 619! Benoit stumbles backward and spins around… DOMINATOR FROM LASHLEY! Mysterio helps Angle to his feet. Lashley and Mysterio then hold Angle’s arms up in victory as the show goes off the air.

Winners: Chris Benoit and JBL

Overall Rating: 81%

Overall Show Rating: 79%

Television Rating: 6.10

Attendance: 9,039

Edited by JairusCain

A Double Elmination Round Robin, I believe is where 2 guys start in the ring, once one guy is pinned, someone else comes in and the person who was pinned, leaves. If you are pinned twice, you are eliminated from the contest.

Or so I believe. Anyway, this is a great diary and really sets itself apart from all the other WWE 06 diaries. I just wish sometimes your bigger matches would be split up into 2 or 3 paragraphs, just to be easier on my eyes. Good read though :)

Burchill for the WWE Title! :D:shifty:

Out of that list I can see two potential teams with Jason and Johnny Riggs, as well as Robbie and Rory McAllister. As for the rest, I'm not sure what actual tag teams there are in OVW, so anyone that can inform me, I'd really appreciate the help.

Deuce Shade and Dice Domino make up The Untouchables, who are a 50's Grease gimmick.

Tony Santarelli and Mike Taylor make up High Impact.

Montel Montavious Porter and Eric Perez have been teaming as of late with an unofficial name.

and Derrick Neikirk & Mike Hettinga make up Team Elite.

Also, I think Aaron Stevens and Danny Giamundo used to be in a tagteam. They're probably set as inactive now but at least they would start off with some experience if you brought them up together.

As for the shows, I'm really enjoying the Kennedy interviews and I think you're doing them very well. Also, I hope you tend to explain the rules for a "Double Elimination Round Robin Match" because not watching ROH... at all, I have no idea what it actually is. Other than that, good work.

Edited by JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

Two More Superstars Released

July 1, 2006

Dalip Singh (The Great Khali) and Ryan Wilson have been released of their World Wrestling Entertainment Developmental Contracts. We wish them both the best of luck in their future endeavors.