WWE: The New Direction

JairusCain

Credit WWE.com

On The Edge?

July 3, 2006

Last Monday, Rob Van Dam picked up a clean victory of the WWE Champion, Edge. This proves to be only one more stepping stone on RVD’s quest for the WWE Championship at Summerslam as he continues to gain momentum heading into the Biggest Party of the Summer. This week however, Van Dam might hit a roadblock as he takes on the Big Red Machine, Kane. Will the number one contender survive?

Last week saw John Cena single-handedly take out Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and The Rock. He should hope that he can do the same this week, as he teams with Chris Jericho and Chris Masters to take on the aforementioned trio in the main event of the evening! Also, Carlito and Shelton Benjamin took part in last week’s main event, participating on opposite teams. This week, the two will meet in one-on-one action. Both men have stated they want a shot at Chris Master’s Intercontinental Championship. Will this match be their gateway to a shot?

3 Minute Warning made their surprise return last week on RAW, nearly defeating the World Tag Team Champions and taking their titles. 3MW’s manager, Palmer Canon has issued a challenge to Cade and Murdoch this week, stating that his team can defeat them in under three minutes. Can they live up to the hype? And, will The Interns have anything to say about last week’s beat down?

All this and much more on Monday Night RAW (9/8 CT; USA Network).

Edited by JairusCain

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

Monday July 3, 2006

Live! From Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: RAW on USA

The show kicks off with the usual. The opening video package followed by the pyro. Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler welcome the view audience to the show before Shelton Benjamin’s music hits the speakers.

Singles Match

Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito

Once Shelton is in the ring, Carlito’s music comes over the speakers, and he makes his way to the ring. The match goes back and forth for a little while. However, as the match progresses, Carlito starts to gain momentum. A couple of minutes into the match, Chavo Guerrero starts to make his way down the ramp toward the ring. He stops at ringside and goes about watching the match. Carlito continues to gain momentum, hitting a handful of moves and getting some near falls. Chavo is cheering Carlito on the whole time. Carlito sends Shelton into the ropes. Carlito goes for a clothesline, but Shelton ducks and connects with the Dragon Whip kick. Shelton pulls Carlito to his feet and whips him toward the ropes. WHAT?! Chavo jumps onto the apron and clubs Carlito in the back of the head! Carlito stumbles right into Shelton’s Exploder! 1... 2... 3! Shelton gets to his feet and looks at Chavo in confusion. Chavo points and Shelton before turning around and heading to the back. What the hell just happened here?

Winner: Shelton Benjamin

Overall Rating: 85%

The cameras cut to the back as The Rock walks down a hallway. As he is walking, he comes across a staff member who happens to be wearing a John Cena t-shirt. The Rock stops.

Rock: What the hell is that?

Staff Member: Are you talking to… me?

Rock: No you jabroni, The Rock talking to a six inch high gremlin standing behind you. Yes, The Rock is talking to you, you jackass! What the hell is that?

Staff Member: What’s what?

Rock: The shirt, genius!

Staff Member: It… it’s a John Cena shirt.

Rock: Would you mind telling The Rock why in the blue hell you would be wearing a John Cena shirt?

Staff Member: Well, I…

Rock: IT DOESN’T MATTER WHY YOU’RE WEARING A JOHN CENA SHIRT! What matters… is that you need to get on your knees, and kiss The Rock’s feet for being such a piece of monkey crap!

Staff Member: Are you… serious?

Rock: YES THE ROCK IS SERIOUS!

The staff member gets down on his knees and kneels down to kiss The Rock’s foot. The Rock quickly yanks his foot away.

Rock: WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! You don’t know where The Rock’s foot has been!

Staff Member: But you sai…

Rock: You sick freak!

The Rock turns to walk away.

Rock: You John Cena fans have some serious… SERIOUS issues.

The Rock continues down the hallway.

Overall Rating: 89%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Rob Conway vs. Big Show

When the show returns from the break, Rob Conway is already in the ring. Soon after, the Big Show’s music hits the speakers. Big Show makes his way to the ring and the match begins. Rob Conway tries to get in some shots early on, but has no luck. Big Show quickly gets control of the match. He gets in a few big slams before goozling Conway. Showstopper! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Big Show

Overall Rating: 72%

While Big Show, and a little while after, Rob Conway head to the back, Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler discuss tonight’s six-man main event. After a few moments, Cade and Murdoch’s music hits and they let us know that 3 Minute Warning are in action next.

Tag Team Match

Cade and Murdoch vs. 3 Minute Warning w/ Palmer Canon

Cade and Murdoch make their way to the ring and are then followed by the arrival of 3 Minute Warning with Palmer Canon. The match begins with Trevor Murdoch and Rosey. Rosey gets in some vicious moves in the first thirty seconds or so before tagging in Jamal. Jamal enters and he too gets in some vicious, not to mention stiff, moves. He drags Murdoch to his own corner at about the one minute and thirty seconds mark, forcing him to tag in Lance Cade. Cade hesitantly enters the ring and is promptly destroyed by Jamal. Jamal sends him into the ropes and nails him with a HUGE Body Press into a Samoan Drop and then tags in Rosey at around the two minutes and ten seconds mark. Rosey climbs into the ring and after a few shots to Cade, ends up hitting him with ANOTHER Samoan Drop. Rosey tags Jamal, who climbs to the top rope. HUGE Splash! Jamal goes for the cover! 1... 2.. 3! They’ve won the match in just under three minutes!

Winners: 3 Minute Warning

Overall Rating: 73%

As soon as the match is over, the four members of The Interns storm the ring and take out Palmer Canon. With Canon down, they go after 3MW. 3MW holds them off for a few moments, but the numbers came quickly comes into the play and The Interns have both members of 3MW down and out by the time they are down.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from the break to show Kane once again staring into a mirror. Kane is muttering to himself again.

Kane: Why? They’re there again. I don’t… want… them. I don’t… want to see… them. Why?!

Suddenly, Kane thrusts his fist into the mirror, shattering it upon impact.

Overall Rating: 79%

The cameras cut to Vince’s office as he sits at his desk. There is a knock on the door. Vince tells whoever it is to come in, and in walks Edge and Lita.

Edge: You wanted to see me, Mr. McMahon?

Vince: Ah, yes. Edge. Champ. And the lovely Lita. Have a seat.

Edge and Lita take a seat on the opposite side of Vince’s desk.

Vince: Edge, I have a proposition for you. But, that’s not why I asked you in here tonight. We will discuss that next week. As for tonight, I just wanted to let you know that you and Lita have the night off tonight.

Edge: What? Why?

Vince: Well, as the champion, I feel that you deserve a night off. You have been working hard for me, and so I am returning the favor. I want you two to have a great night… and we will discuss my proposition next week.

Edge: Mr. McMahon, you are a good man. Thank you.

All three of them stand up, and Edge shakes hands with Vince before leaving the room. The camera pans to Vince, who has a huge smile on his face.

Overall Rating: 95%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Rob Van Dam vs. Kane

When the break is over, RVD’s music hits the speakers. He emerges from the back and heads to the ring before Kane makes his own entrance. The match starts. The very pissed off Kane has control right from the start, being a complete monster in the ring and tossing RVD around like a rag doll. However, Kane’s rage works against him every now and then, allowing RVD to take advantage and get in a few shots. As the match progresses, Kane begins to lose momentum, allowing RVD to get in more and more shots. After a few minutes of this, RVD heads to the top and flies off toward a standing Kane! Kane catches him by the throat! As Kane is about to go for the Chokeslam, he sees himself on the big screen. He lets go of Van Dam and starts grabbing his head and screaming about “seeing them again.” With Kane distracted, RVD rolls him up with a body scissors variation of a school-boy. The referee quickly drops for the count! 1... 2.. 3! RVD hurries out of harm’s way as Kane remains in the ring seemingly going insane.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

Overall Rating: 87%

Styles and Lawler discuss what just happened for a few moments before the cameras cut to the back where Todd Grisham approaches RVD about his win.

Grisham: RVD, you just picked up a pretty big win against Kane out there. Do you feel confident that you can continue your streak and eventually defeat Edge for the WWE Title at SummerSlam?

RVD: Todd, if I didn’t feel confident, I wouldn’t have challenge Edge in the first place. I know I can beat Edge. Just look at tonight for example. While Edge is taking the night off and collecting ring rust, I’m staying on my toes and winning matches. Come SummerSlam, you’re going to be looking at Mr. WWE Champion. Heh. I like the sound of that. Mr. WWE Champion. Haha.

RVD walks off, repeating the new name he just gave himself.

Overall Rating: 90%

Six-Man Tag Team Match

John Cena, Chris Jericho, and Chris Masters vs. The Rock, Shawn Michaels, and Triple H

The cameras return to the ring as Kane has now headed to the back. Chris Jericho’s music hits the speakers and he makes his way out to the ring with Chris Masters. Soon after, John Cena makes his entrance to a huge reception of boos. With the three teammates in the ring, the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returns from commercials, John Cena’s music is still playing, but is soon cut off by the DX theme. Shawn Michaels and Triple H emerge from the back to a big round of cheers from the crowd. They show no fear by heading into the ring, even with their opponents in there as well. The DX theme dies out and there is silence for a few moments. During the silence, and large “ROCKY” chant breaks out, which is soon followed by the explosive opening to The Rock’s music, as well as a huge ovation. The Rock makes his way to the ring, and as soon as he gets to his feet inside the ring, the match kicks off with a huge brawl. The brawl doesn’t last long, however, as the referee quickly restores order. The match officially begins with Chris Masters and Shawn Michaels. The veteran uses his experience to his advantage, and keeps Masters at bay with frequent tags back and forth with Triple H. After a handful of tags, with Shawn Michaels being the legal man now, Masters manages to get in a cheap shot, and take over control. Masters begins to take it to Michaels, and then starts making frequent tags to Chris Jericho.

They go back and forth with the tags, methodically taking it to Michaels. Jericho ends up in there, and after giving him quite a few shots, makes a tag to Cena. Cena comes in and takes it to Jericho, even throwing in a few taunts to The Rock. This brings The Rock into the ring, but the referee quickly cuts him off. While the referee’s attention is focused on The Rock, John Cena, Chris Jericho, and Chris Masters triple team Shawn Michaels. They quickly finish when the referee reverts his attention to them. Cena drags Michaels to his corner and tags Jericho back in. Michaels continues to get beat down, as the frequent tags between Masters and Jericho continue.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returns from commercials, Michaels is gaining some momentum on Chris Masters. This eventually leads to Michaels taking Masters down and diving across the ring and making the tag to Triple H. Triple H enters the ring and takes down Masters again. Jericho hurries into the ring and gets a Spinebuster! Cena enters the ring and swings at Triple H. Triple H ducks and steps behind Cena. Cena spins around and gets a knee smash. Cena stumbles around and does a three-sixty, only to get leveled by a right hand from Triple H. It looks as though Triple H is cleaning house. However, as soon as he levels Cena, Masters and Jericho are there from behind and take Triple H down and beat on him for a few moments. Jericho then heads back to his corner, which Masters drags Triple H to, and make the official tag to Jericho. Jericho continues the beat down on Triple H for a few moments before eventually tagging in John Cena. Cena enters the ring to a huge round of boos, and then proceeds to continue the beating.

Following a slam to Triple H, Cena does the “you can’t see me” taunt and then goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle. However, as he comes off the ropes, Triple H hurries to his feet and catches him with a HUGE Spinebuster! Triple H quickly gets to his corner where FINALLY makes the tag to The Rock! The Rock enters the ring and the crowd explodes. Cena gets to his feet, but it’s no use as The Rock repeatedly takes him down with right hands. Eventually, the rights down take Cena down. The Rock hits three in a row, then reels back and spits in his hand, and then proceeds to blast Cena in the face with a fourth - leveling him! Masters hurries into the ring and runs at The Rock, but The Rock tosses him over the top rope to the outside! Jericho enters the ring… SPINEBUSTER FROM THE ROCK! Rock sets Jericho up for the People’s Elbow! Rock tosses the elbow pad into the crowd and goes off the ropes. He hops over Jericho and hits the ropes again. WHAM! Cena comes out of nowhere with a back elbow! Jericho rolls toward his corner as Cena pulls Rock to his feet. Protoplex! Cena goes for the cover! 1... 2... ROCK KICKS OUT! Cena drags The Rock over to the corner and tags in Jericho.

Jericho enters the ring and within a matter of seconds, The Rock breaks away and quickly makes a tag to Triple H! Triple H charges at Jericho and the two begin brawling. Masters makes his way back into the ring finally, and clubs Triple H from behind! Shawn Michaels jumps into the ring but John Cena charges at him and, after exchanging a few punches, clotheslines him over the top rope to the outside. Cena turns around and Triple H is there with a right hand. Triple H clotheslines Cena over the top rope to the outside! The Rock then charges at Triple H, but Triple H ducks and backdrops The Rock over the top to the outside! This leaves Chris Jericho, Chris Masters, and Triple H inside the ring. Chris Masters sneaks up behind Triple H… MASTERLOCK! Triple H fights to break the hold, but can’t do it. Masters drags him toward the middle of the ring… and… FULL NELSON/MASTERLOCK SLAM! Jericho hurries toward the ropes… LIONSAULT! Jericho goes for the cover! Michaels tries to make it back into the ring, but Masters cuts him off! 1... 2... 3! Masters and Jericho celebrate inside the ring, and are soon joined by John Cena. Triple H rolls out the outside where he is tended to by Shawn Michaels. The Rock stands by himself on the outside, staring at John Cena. The camera stays on the three celebrating in the ring as the show goes off the air.

Winners: John Cena, Chris Jericho, and Chris Masters

Overall Rating: 87%

Overall Show Rating: 81%

Television Rating: 6.44

Attendance: 9,046

Credit WWE.com

Triple Header

July 7, 2006

With only two weeks remaining until the Great American Bash, General Manager Teddy Long has made this week’s Smackdown a huge one. Three blockbuster matches have already been announced. Former World Heavyweight Champion, and number one contender, Kurt Angle will take on Finlay to open the show. Also, United States Champion, JBL will go head-to-head with former World Heavyweight Champion, Rey Mysterio. In the night’s main event, young up-and-comer, and 2006 King of the Ring, Lashley, will take on the World Heavyweight Champion in a non-title match.

The Undertaker has not been heard from for the last two weeks. This has left Mr. Kennedy feelings rather confident. As a result, Mr. Kennedy has informed WWE.com that he will be addressing The Undertaker this week on Smackdown. What does he have to say?

The New Blood of the WWE will all be in action this week when they team up to take on Mercury and Nitro and Noble and Kash. One has to wonder with all of the rivalries involved in this match, if it can possibly go without interference.

Don’t miss all of this and much more this week on Friday Night Smackdown at 8/7 CT on UPN.

IPB Image

Friday July 7, 2006

Live! From Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: Smackdown on UPN

The broadcast comes onto the air with the usual video package. Following that and the opening pyro, the Smackdown theme is promptly cut off by that of Mr. Kennedy. Kennedy makes his way down to the ring and is handed a microphone. His music dies out.

Kennedy: Ahem! Ladies and gentlemen, I realized something over the past few weeks. I don’t know if any of you have seen it, because you’re not exactly the brightest people here in Philly… but, for starters, the last couple of weeks, there has been no sign of The Undertaker. No videos. No voices. No freaky little happenings in the ring. In fact, the only time the oh-so-wonderful Undertaker has shown his face in the last two months was at Judgment Day, where I leveled his retirement home bound ass.

The crowd boos at Kennedy.

Kennedy: You boo because you know how true it is! Look at the guy! He’s in his forties, his hair is starting to gray, and yet everyone in the back still craps their pants at the sight of the guy. Give me a break! Everyone in the back might be afraid of you, Taker… but I’m not. You’re on your way out the door… and I’m just moving in. Get used to it!

A “TAKER” chant breaks out through the arena.

Kennedy: Give it up, morons. You know the old man only makes “special” appearances because he thinks he something special. Truth is, he just wants the payday for a pay-per-view. He doesn’t care about entertaining you hacks. And I’ll even prove it to you. Right here tonight… I’m calling you out Undertaker! Come on out of your hibernation and make one of your special rare appearances on Smackdown!

Kennedy waits in the ring, pointing to his wrist as if he’s wearing a watch. Nothing happens.

Kennedy: See? He thinks he’s too good to show up anywhere other than pay-per-view!

Overall Rating: 75%

Suddenly, the GONG sounds and the lights go out. The crowd erupts into cheers before a second gong sounds and the Graveyard Symphony begins to play. The crowd turns their attention to the entrance, but Undertaker never emerges. Instead, a video begins to play on the big screen. A video highlighting all of The Undertaker’s past Buried Alive Matches. For some odd reason, the morons in the production truck decided to throw in some clips from a couple of Casket Matches as well. Why? Who knows. That’s what happens when you hire Nickelodeon employees who know nothing about wrestling’s history. Anyways, after what seems like ten minutes, the video finally says “I WILL BURY YOU” on the screen and then ends as the lights come back on. The crowd gives a mixed reaction - having enjoyed the video, but wanting to see The Undertaker live.

Overall Rating: 78%

Kennedy: Yeah… a video. That’s the best the old man can do. Undertaker, the world is supposed to be afraid of you… but in all reality, I think you’re afraid of the world. I think you’re afraid that your so-called legacy is coming to a close. Well, you should be afraid. Because, that legacy… It is coming to an end. It’s coming to an end next Sunday when I bury you alive!

Kennedy’s music hits the speakers and he heads to the back.

Overall Rating: 88%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returns from the break, we are treated to a “During The Break” backstage moment. EMTs tend to a fallen Mr. Kennedy inside his locker room. He is covered in blood and completely motionless. In the background the sound of fire extinguishers can be heard. After a few moments, the cameras pan over to reveal The Undertaker’s symbol burnt into the wall, still smoldering. Hmm, perhaps it was The Undertaker that attacked him? Nah, couldn’t be!

Singles Match

Kurt Angle vs. Finlay

The cameras cut to the ring as Finlay makes his entrance. Soon after, he is followed by his opponent for the night, Kurt Angle. Right from the start the match goes back and forth with a lot of mat work. Throughout the match, neither man seems to get a clear cut advantage. This continues on for a few minutes. Eventually, Finlay grows tired of being unable to gain any momentum. He waits for an opening, and flees to the outside of the ring, where he grabs his shillelagh. He slides back into the ring with it, for some reason expecting the referee not to notice. However, the referee notices right away and begins to fight with him for it. The referee finally gets it out of his grasp, and with Finlay’s back turned to Kurt, Angle sneaks up behind him and hits him with the Angle Slam! Angle goes for the cover as the referee tosses the shillelagh out of the ring! 1... 2... 3! Nothing spectacular, but hey… this is Smackdown, not a pay-per-view!

Winner: Kurt Angle

Overall Rating: 80%

The cameras cut to the back where Gregory Helms is sitting in his locker room holding his championship belt. He is talking to himself, complaining about the new match made for the Great American Bash last week. He states that “this is WWE. This isn’t Atlanta, and this certainly isn’t Orlando.” Helms stands up and kicks a locker, and then promptly grabs his foot, realizing it was a bad idea because it hurt. Helms then walks off screen.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Sylvan vs. Matt Hardy

The show comes back from the break with Sylvan already in the ring. A few seconds later, Matt Hardy’s music hit the speakers. He makes his way down to the ring and the match begins. Sylvan gets in a few shots at first, but things quickly turn in Matt’s favor. Things are going smoothly until Matt sets Sylvan up for the Twist of Fate. Sylvan pushes him off, causing him to collide with the referee. Hardy regains his composure quickly and ends up hitting Sylvan with the Twist of Fate anyway… but there’s no referee to make the count. Suddenly, Booker T and Hardcore Holly run down to the ring and lay a beating on Hardy. Booker connects with the Scissors Kick. Hardy slowly gets back up to his feet… ALABAMA SLAM! Holly pulls Sylvan’s arm over Hardy’s chest before they hurry to the back. The referee crawls over to the make the count. 1.….. 2.….. 3!

Winner: Sylvan

The cameras cut to Lashley’s locker room. There is a knock on the door. The door then opens and in walks Kurt Angle. Angle shakes hands with Lashley and then wishes him luck against Chris Benoit tonight. Angle reminds Lashley that if he beats Benoit, he could earn a World Heavyweight Title shot. Lashley smiles and Kurt pats him on the back before heading out of the room.

Non-Title Match

Rey Mysterio vs. JBL© w/ Jillian

The cameras return to the arena as Rey Mysterio’s music hits. He makes his way down to the ring before JBL’s music interrupts his. JBL emerges from the back with his United States Championship, and Jillian. Once he makes his way to the ring, the match begins. The match, of course, starts out with Mysterio doing his best to evade JBL. This goes on for about one minute before Mysterio manages to get a drop kick to the back of JBL’s knee. The offense is short lived however, as Mysterio comes off the ropes, seemingly to drop kick him in the head, but JBL quickly gets to his feet and nails Mysterio with a boot to the face.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When we return from commercials, JBL is in firm control of the match. JBL sends Mysterio into the ropes, and as he comes back, simply guides him back across the ring before sliding him under the bottom rope, sending him stomach first to the floor. JBL gloats inside the ring. While doing so, Mysterio gets back to his feet and onto the apron. Mysterio springboards off the top rope and flies toward JBL, who turns around just as Mysterio lands on his shoulders for a Hurricanrana. However, JBL catches him, not allowing him to do the move. BUT, instead of JBL pulling off the Powerbomb, Mysterio effortlessly back flips off of his shoulders, landing on his feet and quickly drop kicking JBL in the knee, sending him face first into the mat. Mysterio comes off the ropes with a snap leg drop to the back of JBL’s head. JBL crawls across the ring and tries to use the ropes to pull himself back up, but finds himself in perfect position for the 619! REY HITS IT! Mysterio goes out to the apron and springboards once again. This time, JBL ducks and comes off the ropes as Mysterio lands on his feet. Mysterio quickly spins around… CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! JBL goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: JBL

Overall Rating: 79%

The cameras cut to the back as Mercury, Nitro, Noble, and Kash are all heading toward the stage.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Eight-Man Tag Team Match

Mercury, Nitro, Noble and Kash vs. The New Blood

The show returns from the break with Mercury, Nitro, Noble, and Kash all already in the ring. After a few seconds, the music of the New Blood of the WWE kicks in over the speakers. The group makes their way to the ring and the match is ready to begin. Colt Cabana and Jamie Noble start the match. Noble and Kash make a few tags, keeping Cabana at pay for a little while. They eventually turn things over to Mercury and Nitro, who keep up with the frequent tags. Cabana eventually gets a chance, and makes a tag to Punk. Punk comes in, and with Cabana, takes it to Mercury and Nitro. Finally, with the teams apparently having gotten even, it comes down to Punk and Nitro. Punk starts to gain some momentum and tags in Samoa Joe. Joe comes in and starts things off with some vicious moves. Joe gets in his trademark power slam and his Face Wash before tagging in Daniels. As soon as Daniels enters the ring, Gregory Helms comes walking down the isle toward the ring. Daniels turns his attention to Helms, and upon doing so, he is attacked from behind by Nitro! Cabana comes into the ring to help, but is cut off by Mercury! Joe of course jumps into the ring to come to his aide, but is then cut off by Noble and Kash. Punk hurries into the ring and tries to assist Joe, but Helms slides into the ring and goes after him. Of course, a big brawl breaks out. Mercury and Nitro begin to double team Christopher Daniels, and before too long, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, and Melina hurry down to the ring and get involved.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When then commercial break comes to a close, London and Kendrick are brawling with Nitro and Mercury on the outside with Melina shouting orders at them. Helms and Daniels are brawling in the ring with Nunzio and Mike Mizanin who have now made their way to the ring. Also on the outside, Super Crazy and Psicosis are brawling around ringside with Noble and Kash. The referee doesn’t even know where to begin. Eventually, Joe, Punk, and Cabana come to the aide of Christopher Daniels, and together they take out Gregory Helms, The Miz, and Nunzio. On the outside, London and Kendrick deliver a Snapshot of their own to Mercury while Melina gives a low blow to Nitro. London and Kendrick then toss Nitro back into the ring, allowing Daniels to pick him up and deliver the Angel’s Wings! Daniels goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winners: The New Blood

Overall Rating: 80%

The cameras cut to the back as William Regal is walking down a hall way. He turns a corner and what does he see? Burchill and Batista… again. This time however, Burchill has convinced Batista to dress up in a pirate costume. Batista is standing in front of a large mirror, looking over his outfit.

Burchill: It looks fantastic!

Batista: I look like a jackass…

Burchill: Not at all, mate!

Batista: Yeah, I do.

Batista and Burchill glance over and notice Regal looking on.

Regal: What… in the bloody hell? Burchill, what have you done to him? He looks like a bloody retard!

Batista: WHAT?!

Burchill: Uh oh, Regal. You’ve made him angry.

Batista lunges toward Regal, causing Regal to run off scared. Batista stops and turns back Burchill. They begin laughing as the show fades to commercials.

Overall Rating: 67%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Non-Title Match

Lashley vs. Chris Benoit©

The broadcast returns just as Lashley’s music hits the speakers. The 2006 King of the Ring emerges from the back to a rather surprising ovation. Once he is in the ring, Chris Benoit’s music hits. Benoit comes out from the back and heads to the ring. The match starts out with the two men going back and forth. This goes on for the first couple of minutes, but as the match progresses, Lashley begins to gain momentum. The young rookie starts to take it to Benoit with a number of different suplexes, methodically working over Benoit’s back, and occasionally his ribs. Lashley sends Benoit into the ropes and catches him for a Belly-to-Belly, but Benoit somehow finds a way to counter with a leg sweep type of take down. Benoit floats over and gets Lashley locked in a side face lock as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returns from the break, Benoit is firmly in control. He continues to work over Lashley’s arm and neck with damn near every submission hold imaginable. Benoit’s offense continues for a few more minutes, before he tries to lock on the Crossface. However, Lashley’s strength is too much, as he over powers Benoit, and starts to get in a few shots. Before long, Lashley is back in control! This rookie is showing an unbelievable strength and determination in what could possibly be the biggest match of his career to date! Lashley continues to gain momentum and lays in some huge power moves over the course of about two, maybe three minutes. Finally, Chris Benoit ends up stumbling into a… DOMINATOR! LASHLEY JUST NAILED THE DOMINATOR ON CHRIS BENOIT! OH MY GOD! Lashley goes for the cover! ………… Where’s the referee? Lashley gets to his feet and glances over to see… Jillian? Jillian is distracting the referee. What the hell? Lashley turns around… WHAM! Lashley is leveled! JBL rolls out of the ring with his United States Championship belt in hand as Chris Benoit rolls over and drapes his arm over Lashley! Jillian hops down off the apron and heads back toward the entrance with JBL as the referee makes the count! 1... 2... 3! Benoit crawls out of the ring and is handed his belt. After a few moments, Lashley comes to and half sits up. He looks toward the entrance and sees Chris Benoit standing there with JBL and Jillian. The two of their with their title belts draped over their shoulders. The cameras fix on Lashley staring in their direction as the show goes off the air.

Winner: Chris Benoit

Overall Rating: 83%

Overall Show Rating: 78%

Television Rating: 5.66

Attendance: 9,025

Credit WWE.com

A Proposition

July 10, 2006

Last week, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon asked WWE Champion Edge into his office. Upon arrival, Mr. McMahon revealed that he had a proposition for the champion. They are set to discuss this proposition this week. Will we find out what it is?

Speaking of Edge, Mr. McMahon has announced that this week on RAW, Edge will face off against Shawn Michaels in a non-title match. Does this have anything to do with Vince’s plan? Also, Mr. McMahon has announced three other huge matches for this week’s RAW. First, former WWE Champion John Cena will be going head-to-head with the biggest athlete in the world when he faces his WrestleMania 20 opponent, Big Show! The King of Kings will have his work cut out for him this week, when he takes on the Big Red Machine, Kane! And last but not least, Mr. Money In The Bank Rob Van Dam will take on the man who pinned Triple H last week, Chris Jericho. Will RVD’s momentum leading into SummerSlam continue?

Where, oh where has Mick Foley gone? Ever since trying to burn Kane’s face with a torch, Mick Foley has not appeared on WWE programming. That will change this week when Mick Foley sits down for a one-on-one interview with good ole’ J.R., Jim Ross. What will Mick Foley have to say?

All this and much more on Monday Night RAW (9/8 CT; USA Network).

IPB Image

Monday July 10, 2006

Live! From Sioux City, Iowa

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: RAW on USA

The broadcast comes onto the air live with a video package recapping the events thus far that have transpired between John Cena and The Rock. As soon as the video is over, it transitions into the opening video package of RAW. Following the video is the opening pyro and the sound of Big Show’s music.

Overall Rating: 100%

Singles Match

John Cena vs. Big Show

Once Big Show is in the ring, his music cuts off. After a few seconds, John Cena’s music echoes through the arena. Cena emerges from the back and makes his way to the ring. Big Show has control from the start, moreless squashing John Cena. This goes on for a few minutes. Cena finally starts to get in some moves, and seemingly gains some momentum, but is quickly overpowered once again by the giant Big Show. Big Show sends John Cena into the ropes and goes for a big boot, but Cena ducks and slides between his legs. Cena gets to his feet as Big Show turns around. Cena delivers a drop kick to the knee of the Big Show, dropping him to one knee. Cena starts to punch away relentlessly at Show’s head. Show fights his way up to his feet and Cena tries for the FU. BUT, with Show expecting it, he deadweights and Cena can’t get him up! Big Show gets in a shot or two at Cena, but Cena soon counters and starts with the punches again. He sneaks in a low blow and heads to the outside of the ring. Cena grabs a steel chair and climbs back into the ring with it in plain sight of the referee. The referee fights him for the chair and he eventually gives it up. As the referee takes the chair to the ropes to hand it to a crew member, Cena removes his SHOE and throws it at the face of the Big Show! Yes, you read that right, he THREW HIS SHOE at the Big Show! With Big Show distracted from getting smashed in the face with a damn shoe, Cena hurries in and gets him up for the FU! He goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: John Cena

Overall Rating: 86%

The cameras cut to the back as Vince McMahon sits in his office. There is a knock on the door and in come Lita and Edge. Vince tells them to sit down so they can begin discussing his proposition. As they begin speaking, the camera fades to black.

Overall Rating: 95%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Team Match

3 Minute Warning w/ Palmer Canon vs. Rob Conway and Rene Dupree

When the show returns from the break, Rob Conway and Rene Dupree are already in the ring with Rob Conway’s music playing. It is soon cut off by that of 3 Minute Warning. 3MW emerges from the back with Palmer Canon. They hit the ring and the match starts off with Jamal and Rene Dupree. Jamal nails some insanely stiff moves before tagging in Rosey. Rosey goes on to do the same. Rosey sends Dupree into the ropes and hits him with a Samoan Drop. Rosey tags in Jamal before charging across the ring and nails Conway, sending him flying off the apron around the same time that Jamal flies off the top rope with a huge splash! Jamal goes for the cover. 1... 2... 3! 3MW wins in under two minutes this time!

Winners: 3 Minute Warning

The cameras cut to the back to show RVD standing next to Todd Grisham.

RVD: Yeah, Todd. Ya know, next week, this world is going to a preview of SummerSlam. I’m gonna be facing Edge in a title match, and I’m taking the title home with me!

Grisham: Should you win the title next week, do you plan on sticking with the match at SummerSlam, and essentially giving Edge his rematch?

RVD: I do believe I said a “preview of SummerSlam,” Todd… which would mean the SummerSlam match is still gonna happen. The only difference is, I’ll be the one heading into the pay-per-view with the gold! But that’s next week. This week, I’m stuck kicking the ass of Vince McMahon’s new stooge, Chris Jericho! It won’t be a problem. Jericho, you’re not getting in the way of me becoming the WWE Champion…

RVD walks off screen as the cameras cut back to the arena.

Overall Rating: 92%

Singles Match

Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho w/ Chris Masters

Chris Jericho’s music hits the speakers and he makes his way down to the ring with Chris Masters at his side. Once they are in the ring, RVD’s music hits. RVD makes his way to the ring and the match begins. They got back and forth for the first minute or two of the match, until Jericho gets RVD down near the ropes. Jericho comes off the opposite ropes and charges at him. RVD low bridges and Jericho tumbles over the top rope to the outside. RVD sees an opening as Masters tries to help Jericho to his feet, and comes off the ropes… HILO! RVD flips over the top rope to the outside, crashing onto both Chris Jericho and Chris Masters. RVD gets to his feet and slides back into the ring, doing his thumb taunt.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show returns from the break, Jericho has gained control of the match. They show a replay to show the viewing audience that during the break, Masters clubbed RVD in the back of the head as Jericho whipped him into the ropes. Jericho continues to dominate for a minute or two before RVD begins to gain momentum. They get in a small chain spot, which results in RVD getting Jericho with a go behind. However, Jericho counters with a go behind of his own. He starts pushing RVD toward the ropes. Masters jumps up on the apron, ready to nail RVD. RVD ducks and Masters hammers Jericho with a right hand! Jericho stumbles back as RVD delivers a shot to Masters, knocking him off the apron. RVD springboards off the ropes and catches Jericho with a kick to the face. RVD jumps to the top rope… FIVE STAR! He goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3! As soon as the bell rings, Masters is there and starts to pound away on RVD. Before long, Jericho is back to his feet, and the two beat down on RVD for a few moments before heading to the back together.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

Overall Rating: 92%

The Interns are shown backstage with their tag team titles. They talk a load of trash to 3 Minute Warning, saying that there is “four of us“, and only two of them. They go on to challenge 3MW to a handicap match next week on RAW. The Interns state that if 3MW can beat them in under three minutes, they will defend their World Tag Team Championships the following week on RAW.

Overall Rating: 49%

Singles Match

Kane vs. Triple H

The cameras cut to the arena as Triple H’s music hits the speakers. Once he gets to the ring he paces around as his music continues to play.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from the break as soon as Kane’s pyro erupts from the stage. Kane makes his way to the ring and the match begins. They go back and forth from the start, but it’s not long before Kane begins to gain control. Kane maintains control for about two minutes and then sends Triple H into the ropes. Big boot! Kane measures Triple H up for the Chokeslam while circling around him. Kane glances up… and sees his face on the big screen again. Kane starts to flip out, grabbing his head and even hitting his head on the top turnbuckle a few times. Kane turns around and walks right into a kick to the midsection… and a Pedigree! 1... 2... 3! Triple H quickly exits the ring and heads toward the back as Kane sits up and begins holding his head again while rocking back and forth.

Winner: Triple H

The cameras cut to the back to show Shelton Benjamin standing next to Maria.

Maria: Shelton, you have a match against Chavo Guerrero coming up next… but… didn’t he help you win last week?

Shelton: Yeah, he did. And I don’t know what he’s thinking. He’s trying to get inside my head and it’s not gonna work.

Maria: Isn’t he a little big to fit inside your head?

Shelton stares at her for a second before turning and walking away.

Maria: Well, good luck Ben! Maybe Chavo will come out and help you win again!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Shelton Benjamin vs. Chavo Guerrero

The show returns from commercials with Shelton Benjamin already in the ring with his music still playing. After a few seconds, Chavo’s music cuts his off and Chavo emerges from the back. They match goes back and forth right from the beginning, and continues to go that way for a number of minutes. As the match is going on, Carlito begins to make his way down the ramp toward the ring. He stands at ringside for a couple of minutes as Chavo and Shelton continue to go back and forth. After that couple of minutes, Carlito walks over to the time keeper’s table and grabs a steel chair. Carlito slides into the ring with the steel chair. The referee tries to take it from him but Carlito shoves him away and BLASTS Shelton in the head with the chair! The referee calls for the bell but then Carlito turns and smashes Chavo in the head with the chair as well! Carlito tosses the chair down in the ring and then leaves as his music hits the speakers.

Winner: No Contest

Overall Rating: 91%

The cameras cut to the back to show Jim Ross and Mick Foley sitting side by side somewhere backstage, getting ready for the interview.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from commercials to show the room in which JR and Foley were just sitting now filled with EMTs. JR is crouched down next to Mick Foley, who has been placed a stretcher and is bleeding profusely. The cameras then cut to a video of “During the Break.” The video shows that while JR and Foley were preparing for the interview, Kane stormed into the room and attacked Foley. Kane slammed Foley’s head into a wall, busting him open, before screaming at him.

Kane: YOU BROUGHT THEM BACK, FOLEY! YOU BROUGHT THEM BACK! AND I DON’T WANT THEM! I DON’T WANT THEM!!!

Kane continues to assault Foley, all the while JR trying to get Kane to stop, only to get thrown across the room himself. By the time Kane was done, Foley was motionless on the floor and covered in his own blood. Security, agents, and even police had to come into the room to intervene and pull Kane away. The replay video ends and we are taken back to the room again as the EMTs lift the stretcher up and take Foley from the room. Jim Ross watches on with a distraught look upon his face.

Ross: This has gone too far…

JR shakes his head in disbelief as the camera fades to black.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Non-Title Match

Shawn Michaels vs. Edge© w/ Lita

The show returns as HBK’s music hits the speakers. Michaels emerges from the back and makes his way to the ring before Edge’s music hits. Edge makes his way to the ring with Lita by his side. The match begins and the two go back and forth. After a couple of minutes, Michaels begins to gain some momentum. He controls the match for about four, maybe five minutes. HBK goes for a whip, but Edge reverses it, sending HBK to the ropes where Lita jumps up on the apron and goes to hit him, but Shawn is ready for it and blocks. He says a few words to Lita until Edge charges at him! HBK moves and Edge collides with Lita! Edge, in disbelief, turns around and gets a clothesline over the top rope to the outside. HBK plays to the crowd inside the ring.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When we return from the break, HBK is still in control. However, that quickly changes as HBK sends Edge into the ropes, but Edge hangs on, and catches Michaels off guard with a kick to the chest. Edge begins to pick up momentum at this point, and hit’s a succession of moves, leaving Michaels down near the corner! Edge measures him up for the Spear! Michaels gets to his feet and Edge lunges at him! HBK MOVES! BUT, Edge stops himself before heading into the ring post! Edge spins around… ATOMIC DROP FROM HBK! SCOOP SLAM TO EDGE! HBK climbs to the top… ELBOW DROP! HBK heads to the corner and starts to tune up the band! Edge gets to his feet… HBK starts to step toward him but… .WHAT THE HELL?! IT’S SHANE MCMAHON! Shane McMahon is in the ring with a Singapore cane! He swings at HBK but HBK ducks! HBK spins around to hit Shane, but this time, Shane connects with the cane! The referee goes to call for the bell but Shane warns him that if he does, he’s going to be in the unemployment line! Shane slides out of the ring as HBK starts to get to his feet… SPEAR FROM EDGE! 1... 2... 3! Shane jumps for joy on the outside and yells at Edge to “consider the possibilities!” What the hell was Vince McMahon’s proposition? Shane heads to the back as Edge and Lita stare at him. The cameras stay on a confused looking Edge and Lita as the show goes off the air.

Winner: Edge

Overall Show Rating: 87%

Television Rating: 6.85

Attendance: 9,043

Credit ****.com

Bret Hart, Hogan, Smackdown, New WWE Signing?

Credit *****************.com

Hogan Knows Best is airing in Australia on Friday nights at 9:30pm on VH-1.

WWE SmackDown debuted in Spain on Saturday night on Cuatro. This is the first WWE TV exposure in that country in more than a decade. This is due to Spain not featuring pro wrestling on TV. WWE plans to handle their product in Spain much like they do in Italy. Italy is currently the largest market in the world for WWE with merchandise selling more than in any other region.

For those who wish to book Bret Hart for public appearances can now call a new number for the new company which is handling his bookings, CCI, which is ***-***-****.

There are currently rumors going around that a former ECW and TNA World Heavyweight Champion could be making his way back onto WWE programming sometime in the next several months. It is being reported that this wrestler is still under TNA contract for the time being.

Credit WWE.com

Quick, Before Last Call

July 14, 2006

2006 King of the Ring, Lashley gave an impressive showing last week when he almost defeated the World Heavyweight Champion in a non-title match. Lashley had the match won until United States Champion, JBL interfered. Lashley has promised retribution as he head into the final Smackdown before the Great American Bash! Speaking of the World Heavyweight Champion. General Manager Teddy Long has announced that the team of Chris Benoit and Finlay will take on Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio in this week’s main event!

Mr. Kennedy had some harsh words for The Undertaker as Smackdown came on the air last week. Following his speech, Kennedy was found brutally attacked in the back with The Undertaker’s symbol burned onto a wall. Was The Undertaker responsible? Will we find out this week? Perhaps, but in the mean time, Mr. Kennedy will have to take on Matt Hardy in singles competition!

Last week, the scheduled eight-man tag team match turned into a fifteen man brawl which resulted in Christopher Daniels picking up the pinfall over Johnny Nitro. Johnny Nitro has demanded a one-on-one match against Daniels this week, and Teddy Long has agreed. However, Long has banned every person that was in last week’s match, and those who interfered, from going anywhere near the ring. Can Nitro get his revenge?

Don’t miss all of this and much more this week on Friday Night Smackdown at 8/7 CT on UPN.

IPB Image

Friday July 14, 2006

Live! From Minneapolis, Minnesota

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents: Smackdown on UPN

The usual opening video plays, followed by the opening pyro. The Smackdown theme song continues to play as Tazz and Michael Cole welcome the viewing audience. After a few moments, Burchill’s music hits the speakers.

Singles Match

William Regal vs. Burchill

Once Burchill is in the ring, Regal makes his entrance, looking somewhat worried about Batista showing up at any moment… pirate costume or not. The match goes back and forth, with the two showing some incredible mat work. As the match progresses, Burchill starts to gain some momentum. His momentum continues for a couple of minutes until Burchill hooks Regal for Walking The Plank! Regal fights his way out of it, however, and turns around for a second. He spins back around and CLOCKS Burchill right in the jaw! Regal quickly tucks something back into his trunks before going for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: William Regal

Overall Rating: 75%

The cameras cut to the back as Mr. Kennedy walks down a hallway. As he passes an open door, he hears faint voices, all at once saying “You will rest in peace” and “I will bury you.” Kennedy stops dead in his tracks and walks backward toward the open door. He pushes the door open a little further and peeks into the room. No one is inside and the television set is turned off.

Kennedy: Ken… you’re hearing things. Don’t let him get to you.

Kennedy shakes his head and continues on down the hallway.

Overall Rating: 82%

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Mr. Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy

The show returns from the break with Matt Hardy already standing in the ring. After a few seconds… MIIISSTTTTEERRRRRRRRRRRRR… KENNEDY!…… Kennedy! Kennedy’s music echoes through the arena as he emerges from the back and heads to the ring. The match starts out going back and forth. Hardy starts to get in more shots, and begins to build up a little momentum, but Kennedy quickly shuts him down. As Kennedy begins to pick up some steam, he works over Hardy’s back. After a few minutes, he sends Hardy to the corner. Kennedy starts to set up for the Green Bay Plunge, but as he does so, Undertaker’s GONG hits and the lights go out! The gong hits again and Undertaker’s music begins to play. Hardy starts to sneak up behind Kennedy, but before he can reach him, someone sneaks up behind HIM and clobbers him! The lights come back on and the music stops. Hardy is knocked out in the middle of the ring and Booker T is heading toward the back through the crowd! Kennedy looks confused for a moment, but then goes for the cover! 1... 2... 3!

Winner: Mr. Kennedy

Overall Rating: 77%

The cameras cut to the back as Christopher Daniels stands with Samoa Joe, CM Punk, and Colt Cabana behind him.

Daniels: So let me get this straight. MNM’s Johnny Nitro is whining because after all of the chaos last week, I ended up pinning him? Nitro, I could have pinned anyone in that match, but it happened to be YOU that was in the ring. There’s no need to take it personally. But apparently, you already have. So tonight, by order of Teddy Long, I have to give you what you want, with a one-on-one match. But it’s okay, because I know you can’t cheat. Teddy Long has banned every guy that was in that match week, and every guy that interfered last week, from coming anywhere near ringside tonight! I’m going to show you not to run your mouth. And then when I’m done with you, I’m going into the Great American Bash in two days and destroying Gregory Helms and taking the Cruiserweight title!

Daniels laughs and then heads off screen, followed by the rest of his group.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns from the break to show The Mexicools walking backstage. They approach their Juan Deeres to find them completely destroyed. They look around to find a culprit, but see no one! There’s one two people it could have been!

Singles Match

Christopher Daniels vs. Johnny Nitro

The cameras cut to the ring as Johnny Nitro’s music hits. He makes his way to the ring alone and is then followed by Christopher Daniels, who also comes out alone. The match starts and before too long, Christopher Daniels is in complete control of Nitro. Daniels continues to destroy him, seemingly just toying with him. However, his underestimation of his opponent soon bites him in the ass, as Nitro gets in a move or two and turns things around. Nitro starts to gain momentum at a rapid pace, hitting move after move. Nitro sends Daniels into the ropes and catches him with a huge drop kick. With Daniels down, Nitro does a little break dancing move which turns into a leg drop. Nitro goes for the cover! 1... 2... No! Daniels kicks out. Nitro pulls Daniels up to his feet and goes for a whip. But no, Daniels reverses and sends Nitro into the ropes! OH! NITRO GETS TRIPPED UP AND FALLS FACE FIRST TO THE MAT! It’s Melina! Melina just tripped Nitro! Nitro slowly gets to his feet… ANGEL’S WINGS! 1... 2... 3! I guess Teddy Long wasn’t specific enough. He said all the GUYS were banned… he never mentioned Melina!

Winner: Christopher Daniels

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The break ends and we are taken backstage as JBL stands next to Kristal Marshall.

Kristal: JBL, in two days you will defending your United States Championship against the 2006 King of the Ring, Lashley. What are you thoughts?

JBL: Kristal, it’s very simple. Who did I beat to win this United States Championship?

Kristal: Chris Benoit.

JBL: Who did I defeat in a steel cage match to retain this United States Championship?

JBL: Who did I then also defeat in a no disqualification match for this United States Championship?

JBL: And who… did Lashley just get his ass kicked by exactly seven days ago?

Kristal: Well… Chris Benoit.

JBL: Exactly! I’ve beaten Chris Benoit so many times that I’ve lost count. Lashley can’t even beat him once! Hell, I’ve even beaten Lashley already! Listen, junior. Your chances of beating me at the Great American Bash, are about as good as Rey Mysterio’s chances of getting onto a roller coaster at Disney Land! Yeah, Mysterio. You have to be at least THIS *JBL holds his hand up to his waist* tall to get on the rides! Las…

Overall Rating: 81%

Lashley suddenly comes flying onto the screen and takes JBL to the floor. Lashley pummels the crap out of him with right hands. After about fifteen seconds of beating JBL senseless, Lashley gets back to his feet and picks up the United States Championship belt. Lashley stares at the belt for a few seconds and then throws it down at JBL. Lashley walks off screen as the camera zooms in on a surprised JBL.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Team Match

Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Benoit and Finlay

The show returns from commercials as Finlay’s music hits the speakers. He makes his entrance and is soon followed by the World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit. After a few seconds of Benoit being in the ring, Rey Mysterio’s music comes over the speakers and he quickly heads down to the ring. He slides in, not even waiting for Angle, and ends up getting double teamed right away for it. However, Kurt Angle’s music quickly hits the speakers and Angle comes running toward the ring. He slides in and goes right after Finlay, eventually clotheslining him over the top rope to the outside. Angle then goes after Benoit, who he immediately gets with the three German suplexes! Mysterio charges toward the ropes and flips over the top toward Finlay, but Finlay outsmarts him and moves, sending Mysterio straight to the floor! Inside the ring, Angle goes for a pin on Benoit, but before even the two count, Finlay is there to break it up! The referee forces Finlay to go to the apron as the show fades to commercials.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returns from the break, Mysterio is now in the match facing off against Benoit. Benoit is in firm control. Benoit methodically works on Mysterio’s back and neck, with the occasional work on the arms. Benoit makes a tag to Finlay. Finlay comes in and continues with the domination of Mysterio. Nothing Mysterio does gets him an opening to tag out. Finlay and Benoit continue with frequent tags for a few minutes. Eventually, Benoit is back in the ring with Mysterio and begins to wear him down with rest holds. Benoit sends Mysterio into the ropes and catches him in a sleep hold. Mysterio fights it for a few seconds, but eventually succumbs and falls to one knee, and then no knees. As Benoit tightens the hold the show fades to its last commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show comes back from the break, Benoit is still in control. That changes quickly, however, as Benoit sends Mysterio into the ropes. Mysterio comes back and slides between Benoit’s legs. Before Benoit can turn around, Mysterio drop kicks him in the back, sending him to the second rope. 619 from Mysterio! Mysterio stumbles over to his corner where he tags in Kurt Angle! Angle storms into the ring, as does Finlay. OVERHEAD BELLY-TO-BELLY! Benoit gets back up and swing at Angle! GERMAN SUPLEX! Finlay is back up! He charges at Angle but Angle simply side steps him and tosses him over the top rope to the outside! Benoit is back up! Benoit swings at Angle again! Angle ducks! ANGLE SLAM! ANGLE IS ON FIRE! He pulls down his straps and yells at he grabs Benoit for the Angle Lock! Benoit quickly counters out and manages to get ANGLE in the Angle Lock! Angle is riving in pain! Mysterio is about to get into the ring to break the hold when Finlay comes back out of nowhere and charges across the ring at Mysterio! Mysterio thinks fast and low bridges the ropes! Finlay topples over to the outside! Just as he does so, Angle rolls through the Angle Lock and the force sends Benoit stumbling toward Mysterio! Mysterio clobbers Benoit in the face! Benoit stumbles backward and turns around, walking right into a CROSSFACE FROM ANGLE! ANGLE HAS BENOIT LOCKED IN HIS OWN SUBMISSON HOLD! Benoit tries to fight it off! Can he?! NO! NO HE CAN’T! After about thirty seconds of being in the Crossface, Benoit taps! Angle breaks the hold as his music hits the speakers. Benoit quickly rolls to the outside where Finlay checks on him. Mysterio ends the ring and celebrates with Angle as the show goes off the air.

Winners: Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio

Overall Show Rating: 77%

Television Rating: 5.91

Attendance: 9,041

Credit WWE.com

Who’s Ready For A Great American Bash?

July 16, 2006

World Heavyweight Championship

Six weeks have passed since Kurt Angle pinned the World Heavyweight Champion in a tag team match. The following week, it was announced that Kurt Angle would be challenging for the championship at the Great American Bash. Four weeks ago, Chris Benoit defended his championship against Rey Mysterio in a Judgment Day rematch, only to defeat Mysterio using Kurt Angle’s own Angle Slam. The last few weeks have seen Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit attempting to defeat one another using each other’s finishing moves. Will the winner of this championship match win using his opponent’s finisher?

Buried Alive

These two faced one another at Judgment Day, with Mr. Kennedy using The Undertaker’s own mind games against him. Mr. Kennedy went into the match, pretending to be too horrified to wrestle, but had a plan all along. Kennedy would go on to get himself disqualified on purpose by striking The Undertaker with a shovel. The following Friday, on Smackdown, Mr. Kennedy had a few words for The Undertaker. Mr. Kennedy brought up the fact that the Great American Bash, for the last two years, has been The Undertaker’s killing field. Mr. Kennedy went on to say that this year, the Great American Bash will be HIS killing field, when he buries The Undertaker Alive. Has Mr. Kennedy gone too far by challenging The Undertaker to one of his own specialty matches?

Disregard The Rules

The rivalry between The Mexicools and Noble and Kash has been raging on since before Judgment Day. Noble and Kash managed to pull off the win last time, but things have been far from settled since. The last few weeks have been plagued with disqualifications as both teams have willingly gotten disqualified, just so that they could brutalize their opponents with a steel chair. Due to their blatant disregard for the rules, General Manager Teddy Long decided it would be best to put the two teams against one another in an environment where there are no rules to break. Will things between these teams finally be settled?

United States Championship

Lashley pulled off a huge upset and defeated Kurt Angle at Judgment Day to become the 2006 King of the Ring. The following Friday on Smackdown, his celebration was interrupted by the United States Champion, JBL. Since then, JBL has managed to defend his United States Championship against Lashley on Smackdown. However, Teddy Long - not to mention the entire viewing audience - caught JBL's blatant cheating and has ordered that he defend his championship once again, this time at the Great American Bash! Can Lashley win his first WWE championship?

Unleash The Animal

It was during William Regal’s post-match interview at Judgment Day that Batista announced his return at the Great American Bash. However, it was Regal’s attitude toward The Animal that brought forth the announcement that Batista would make his return to the ring against William Regal. Has Regal gotten himself into more trouble than he can handle?

Vengeance For A Friend

This match was originally scheduled to be a tag team match pitting Matt Hardy and rookie Gunner Scott against Booker T and Hardcore Holly. However, a few weeks ago, Booker T and Hardcore Holly brutally assaulted Gunner Scott, breaking his arm. The following week on Smackdown, Matt Hardy would challenge the two to a Handicap Match, in an effort to get some payback for his fallen friend. However, General Manager Teddy Long refused to allow a Handicap Match, and instead made it a one-on-one contest between rivals Matt Hardy and Booker T. Hardcore Holly will be in Booker T’s corner, leaving Matt Hardy’s odds not looking very good. Can Matt Hardy overcome these odds?

Cruiserweight Championship

Originally scheduled to be a Triple Threat Match, General Manager Teddy Long changed this fast paced bout to a Double Elimination Round Robin match upon the suggestion of Christopher Daniels. The rules of this match are as follows:

Christopher Daniels and Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms will start the match. Once one of them is pinned or submits, the next person will enter the match. Once another pinfall or submission occurs, the next will enter and so on. This will continue until all but one competitor has been eliminated twice. The last man to have not been eliminated twice will be declared the winner, and the Cruiserweight Champion. Who will come out on top in this excited and innovative match?

WWE Tag Team Championships

London and Kendrick defeated MNM to capture the gold at Judgment Days. A couple weeks later, Melina executed an aforementioned plan. The plan? To side with the champions and leave the losers behind. Not satisfied with just giving up, Mercury and Nitro challenged London and Kendrick, who now have Melina at their side, to a rematch at the Great American Bash. Mercury and Nitro know all about Melina’s devious ways. Will their experience with her help them as they attempt to regain the tag team gold?

Nothing More Than A Fight

Upon challenging Chris Benoit to a rematch for the championship, Rey Mysterio was attacked by Finlay. Since that time, Finlay and Chris Benoit have seemed to have some kind of alliance. With Kurt Angle challenging for the World Heavyweight Championship, Rey Mysterio has decided to set his sights on the man who attacked him. Can Mysterio defeat the Irish warrior?

Don’t miss all of this on Sunday night, July 16, LIVE on Pay-Per-View as WWE Smackdown presents the Great American Bash at 8/7 CT.

Edited by JairusCain

Guest Olback

I have read the entire diary, but never posted before. Nice job.

Ok here are my predictions for Great American Bash:

Benoit Vs Angle

Angle By DQ

Benoit has only had the title for a little while and i do not think you want the tiel to keep changing hands. Angle will probabrly win becuase Benoit gets frustrated and hits him with a chair or similar. Or else Finlay will try to help and get Benoit DQed.

Mr.Kennedy vs Undertaker

Mr.Kennedy

I figure you make Mr.Kenendy win by cheating and the he sends the next weeks boasting about how great he is and how he has ended the Undertakers career. Take then comes back and you have a rematch.

Mexicools vs Kash and Noble

Mexicools

Kash and Noble won last time and this would even the score. Also i think MNM will win the gold, so u run the Mexicools vs MNM angle.

Batista vs Regal

Batista

In a squeeze match. This is to bring Batista back and surely cannot be along term story line.

Hardy vs Booker T

Hardy

Harcore Holly will try to interfere and Gunner Scott will ensure he does not. You can then run Scott vs Holly or Booker T with Hardy free to go onto bigger and better things.

Crusierweight title

Daniels

You have been pushing him hard lately. Whereas Nunzio and the Miz have not been pushd that much, neither has Gregory Helms.

London & Kendrick Vs MNM

MNM

I figure Melina reforms with MNM and screws London and Kendrick. I do not see why else she keeps interfering all the time.

Mysterio vs Finlay

Mysterio

He is a much bigger name and you can then push him . Finlay is a smaller name.

JBL vs Lashley (is this evena match?)

JBL by cheating

JBL manages to beat Lashley by cheating and retains. Lashley is on a roll, but i donot think he is ready for the title yet. It would be better to build up and create the big heel for JBL first before he loses it.

Bonus question:

Mark Henry will return.

--------------------------------

If i win i would like to see Smon Dean get pushed. He could become Cruiserweight Champion or US champ. I have him in my game being CW champ and be the leader of a Simon System stable.

Edited by Olback

Credit WWE.com

The Mexicools vs. Noble and Kash Changes

July 16, 2006

WWE.com has learned that the No Disqualification contest between The Mexicools and the team of Jamie Noble and Kid Kash has underwent a slight change. The match will remain a No DQ match, but has also become a Falls Count Anywhere match! Expect things to be absolutely extreme between these two teams tonight at the Great American Bash!

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit should be buried with the freaking belt, that's how long his title reign should be, and I don't mean in a buried alive match. Benoit needs to go over Angle to prove he's no transitional champion

Mr. Kennedy vs. The Undertaker

Any other type of match and I would say The Undertaker would win because of how the last match went down between the two, but Undertaker has a history of getting burried alive.

Mexicools vs. Noble and Kash

I just like Mexicools more... all there is too it really.

Lashley vs. JBL

JBL doesn't need the US Title to get over like Lashley does. Lashley:US Title as Chris Benoit: IC Title - Most Fightingest champions ever, taking on all challengers constantly. JBL would also have the freedom to stick his nose back into the World Heavyweight Title scene

William Regal vs. Batista

Batista's return match. Wouldn't make much sense to job him out, even by DQ or countout.

Matt Hardy vs. Booker T

Feels like Matt Hardy's been getting the shaft over and over again in this feud so I think he deserves to win one

Nunzio vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Mike Mizanin vs. Gregory Helms

Why weaken Daniels' push now. He's already beaten Randy Orton after all

MNM vs. London and Kendrick

Melina screws London and Kendrick, awarding the win to MNM

Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay

Monster push for Finlay, the only logical mark-out choice ^_^

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle: Benoit's reign continues as he puts Angle away with the Anklelock. The potential would then exist for a gimmick blowoff match of some sort.

Mr. Kennedy vs. Undertaker: Kennedy gets the rub. Taker can disappear for a while after being buried and then return to get his win back, potentially at SummerSlam (although that seems a bit too soon).

Mexicools vs. Noble/Kash: I'm thinking Noble and Kash will go over as you try to position them as tag title contenders.

Lashley vs. JBL: I think there's more heat to be placed on JBL by having him retain, particularly at the GAB. There's still mileage to be gotten out of Lashley pursuing the chase.

Batista vs. Regal: I'm expecting this to be a Batista squash designed to be a simple showcase for the returning Animal. Who better to bump for him than Regal?

Matt Hardy vs. Booker T: I do think Matt will overcome the odds. This could take him to the next level. In other words, he needs the win more than Booker does. As an aside, I think you made the right move by taking Holly out of the match itself.

Double Elimination Round Robin: I kinda see Daniels being positioned as the centerpiece of the division. It would make sense for him to pick up the win in the match that was his brainchild.

London & Kendrick vs. Nitro & Mercury: I, too, think Melina will turn once more, helping Nitro & Mercury regain the titles. MNM is still too fresh to do away with just yet. The swerve would also light a fire under London & Kendrick and help build their characters and push.

Mysterio vs. Finlay: I think you'll try to protect Finlay but will give Rey the win to keep him alive as a top-tier player.

It's a stacked card! Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

ETA: I'm stumped on the bonus question. I'm thinking that because it's the GAB, perhaps you're bringing in Hogan for a cameo. But I'm not even sure if you've got him under contract, so that's a shot in the dark.

Edited by tqwcw

- Benoit will continue his reign here, but I see him heeling it up a bit here, maybe he keeps the title by DQ or he cheats?

- Same old routine in a 'Taker feud, with 'Taker disappearing before coming back at a major PPV.

- Only because of London & Kendrick winning the titles.

Lashley vs. JBL

- Only so it can continue to SummerSlam...

- Yay, Batista returns, but Regal gets squashed :(

Matt Hardy vs. Booker T

- Hardy needs the win here, Booker doesn't.

- Daniels continues his push in the WWE.

- Melina will interfere, helping London & Kendrick win.

Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay

- Mysterio needs to be kept at the top of the card, for star power sakes.

BONUS: The Boogeyman

Edited by TheTruth

I have decided, since I have a thing against odd numbers, that - to make it possible to get 10 points, rather than 9... I am going to add an opportunity for 1 bonus point. Now, if you've already made your predictions, feel free to go back and edit your post with your guess.

BONUS QUESTION: What Superstar, who has not been present since the start of this Diary, will make their return at the Great American Bash?

Guess away folks!

- Benoit should win this since his last world title reign wasn't that great.

- Since it's buried alive, I am gonna say Taker. Then again you have Kennedy in line for a push. I am gonna say Taker.

- Noble and Kash since Noble was mistreated since his WWE return.

Lashley vs. JBL

- Lashley needs the win and the title.

- Tista. By the way, the build up to this was crap.

Matt Hardy vs. Booker T

- Booker, you better have him in line for a push.

- Daniels since it looks like youre trying to raise the CW title image.

- Lon-Drick

Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay

- It wouldnt make sense for you to job out Mysterio so easily after being champ a month ago, so yeah.....

BONUS: The Boogeyman?

- Benoit is the only logical answer here... Can't see Angle winning unless it was by DQ

- When does The Undertaker ever win a Buried Alive match? It's the same with Kane and inferno matches, they never win and this one is going to be no different...

- Mexicools pick up the win and move onto a tag title feud

Lashley vs. JBL

- Lashley gets the DQ win thus keeping the belt on JBL for another month

- Batista returning is a good thing... Just hoping you don't completely kill William Regal

Matt Hardy vs. Booker T

- With a little bit of help Matt deserves the win and needs it

- No brainer... Daniels has been on a tear since coming into the WWE and giving him this belt will help the company out

- It seems to me as though Melina is going back to MNM which is why ive got them winning... I just hope that MNM get the win without Melina...

Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay-

Rey Rey needs the win after not having that good a month since losing the belt...

BONUS: Daivari