You are a fanboy for.....?

Liam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jello Biafra is definitely the tops on my list. I'm obviously a huge fan of the Dead Kennedys, but his other projects were all great. His work with Lard (think of Ministry with Jello Biafra on vocals), D.O.A., Nomeansno, Mojo Nixon, and the Melvins were all superb. He adapted well to each style of music that each band played. On top of that, his spoken words are funny and insightful.

Speaking of Nomeansno, it's usually rare that I not mention them in a music discussion. They've recorded a ton of albums, and I've loved each and every one of them.

Billy Childish is another, he's done a wide variety of rock including punk, garage, blues, and folk. He seems to easily transition from any of these styles of rock. Plus his sheer volume of albums and different projects might make it hard to enjoy everything he does. Despite the large number of albums (I've heard 100 and over as far as recordings go, this might include bootlegs) he still manages to captivate my ear drums with each album.

Offspring for sure.

QFE... until Splinter... Splinter sucked.

Really? I thought Splinter was a good album, it was much better than Conspiracy.

I think I've listened to Splinter 3 times, and every time it did nothing for me but make me want to listen to older Offspring CDs.

Fair play then I guess, I've always found it a pretty good album, if a little short.

Ignition is by far my favourite.

I'm a fanboy of Strung Out, Protest the Hero and Coheed & Cambria. Especially Protest the Hero.

I just can't find Search for the Truth 7" anywhere... :(

E: I almost forgot Avenged Sevenfold... :blink:

Edited by a. #63