Star Trek 11 Announced

DFF

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep Space Nine is the best. Anyone who says anything else knows nothing.

1. Deep Space Nine

-

-

*massive gap*

-

-

2. The Next Generation (mainly for Patrick Stewart, who is a legend)

3/4. Voyager/Original Series (haven't seen TOS in so long, hard to judge)

5. Enterprise

But moving on slightly from the series: most and least favourite characters?

Favourite: It's a tie between Dukat and Weyoun, I can't decide. They're especially awesome when they're together during the beginning of season 6. And when I say Weyoun, I of course mean Weyoun 5 (although Weyoun 7 had his moments).

Least favourite: Wesley Crusher. I can't stand the naive, angsty little gimp.

Oh and favourite episode has to be In the Pale Moonlight (DS9 Season 6). Despite a rather iffy monologue from Sisko, it's delightfully dark with he and Garak tricking the Romulans into the war.

Crap, I forgot about Garak. Now I have absolutely no idea who my favourite character is. :(

Edited by stokeriño

This idea to go back and examine Spock and Kirk in their younger years when they first met is not a new idea. In fact a script has existed for years at Paramont. Gimme some time and I'll link you to it.

That said, JJ Abrahams could potentially rock here. It all depends on whether this is the JJ that created Alias and Lost (Good JJ), or the one who wanted to make a Superman movie where Lex Luthor was Kryptonian (BAD JJ).

TGC

Bah there was lots of change in TNG!

Riker started without a beard, then grew one, shaved it off and grew one again before, in the cunning finale, he appeared back on Farpoint WITHOUT a beard again!

It's enough to boggle your mind.

Oh and I LOVE TNG, probably cos it came out at just the right time for me for it to be THE Star Trek I grew up with.

Having watched DS9, Voyager and Enterprise only intermittantly all I can say is that DS9 WAS strangely watchable (which is probably down to what Sean, amongst others said) while Voyager's gimmick (trying to get home) made for some good stuff but ultimately did nothing for me.

The Worf cross-over between series was cool too.

Enterprise made me laugh.

But not in a good way.

In one of the BR Clusterfuck Conversations Kou and I concluded that the best thing about Enterprise was Jolene Blalock's tits.

Her ass is a close second.

As I promised earlier, here are many links to the idea of a Young Adventures Of Kirk And Spock, an idea that was around LONG BEFORE JJ Abrahams came aboard.

Merrick Explores STAR TREK: THE ACADEMY YEARS!!

You are now receiving a communiqué from Merrick, sent during his eternal quest for the perfect tag line…

Before we go any further, you should be warned that…unless you’re a pretty serious STAR TREK fan…or you’re seriously into the “what could have beens” of big Hollywood projects that were once on the drawing board but never got made…this article is almost certainly not for you. CLICKING HERE will return you to AICN’s main page.

Also, this article is really, really long. "My fingers are numb with pain" kind of long. You can still be returned to AICN's main page by CLICKING HERE.

With that out of the way, here’s a look at a frequently referenced STAR TREK theatrical project whose very premise inspires ridicule and hatred whenever it’s mentioned. By now, this production is almost certainly defunct. Note I said “ALMOST” certainly. As recently as a few years ago, it was still being bandied about. This script has been repeatedly proposed and, for a variety of logistical or political reasons, repeatedly rejected. But this is Hollywood, and stranger rebirths have happened, so never say never.

With this vague possibility in mind…

The full thing can be found here and is quite an enjoyable read.

And then there is this, the rejected last year script idea from the Band Of Brothers writer which is referenced right here.

And there you have it.

TGC

(DS9 was leaps and bounds better than Yoyager, which was leaps and bounds WORSE than Enterprise)

Voyager was laughably bad at parts, but had decent parts also. Enterprise was just bland almost all the way around.

1) TNG

2) DS9

3) Voyager

4) TOS

5) Enterprise

6) The Animated Series (http://imdb.com/title/tt0069637/)

I happened to like all of them (yes, even Enterprise), but TNG was my favourite. DS9 is also an excellent show. It started off a little slow (IMO), but became awesome when the Dominion showed up.

I've always been a fan of Star Trek, I've almost finished with Star Trek: Titan which I thought from reading it would have been a good series or maybe even made into a movie. I don't like the idea of going back to the beginning, who are they going to get to play those parts. It's like they are trying to do the same thing for Star Trek, that they did with Star Wars, even though there really isn't any need to go back to the beginning. There is plenty they can do with the future of Star Trek, there is no need to go back to the past.

Personally I would have enjoyed a Star Trek: Voyager movie, as that happened to be my favorite show.

I've always been a fan of Star Trek, I've almost finished with Star Trek: Titan which I thought from reading it would have been a good series or maybe even made into a movie. I don't like the idea of going back to the beginning, who are they going to get to play those parts. It's like they are trying to do the same thing for Star Trek, that they did with Star Wars, even though there really isn't any need to go back to the beginning. There is plenty they can do with the future of Star Trek, there is no need to go back to the past.

Personally I would have enjoyed a Star Trek: Voyager movie, as that happened to be my favorite show.

To be fair, a hell of a lot of people were interested in knowing how Vader became Vader, and what the Clone Wars were, and how Luke and Leia were seperated at birth. I really wanted the prequals, but what we got was somewhat substandard (I liked them, and I personally thought it was mainly the acting and the dialogue that made it poor).

However, with going back to the early days of Kirk and Spock the ONLY way people would want that (if at all) would be for William Shatner and Leonard Limoy to play them, which is obviously impossible due to them being the wrong side of 70. They should just leave the original series in the past, and if they're insisting on making a film, make one about DS9 or maybe something involving TNG, DS9 and Voyager. Dunno.

DS9 all the way, the movie could be ace, as it was hinted at the end sisko would come back, it would be interesting to see whether Odo would return (despite being a nobish character) and it also had the best comedy characters in Quark, Rom and Worf, a story line about Cardassia/Bajor would be immense like a final peace which is threatened by insurgency on the Cardassian side.... oh man i think i just pee'd a little in excitement at my own ideas

Favorite character is Garak from DS9. Weyoun is a close second but I chose Garak simply because you saw more of him so more and more pieces of his character unravelled before your eyes. While Weyoun was good at being a bastard you wanted to punch, with Garak, you were never certain if you should like him or hate him. On the one hand, he was a simple tailor who befriended the staff, on the other hand, he had a very shady past and he could go back to that at any moment. It was so fun to watch him because you never knew if he would revert back to his old ways.

Least favorite: Early Voyager's Harry Kim. God how I hated that bastard. He was annoying in any way and I never understood how or why Tom Paris ever liked him.

My favorite character is Kirk. TOS series is not my favorite, but Star Trek II : The Wrath Of Kahn is one of my favorite movies, the best of any of the Trek movies by far IMO.

My other favorite character goes to Worf, because so many of his lines come off as comedic when they aren't meant to be, but he is still a likable character.

Least favorite character? Every species which existed for one episode in Voyager, TNG, DS9, Enterprise and even TOS.

Garek is badass. Dukat is badass. Doctor Bashir is badass.

However, I feel like Harry Kim needs some defending. He was Voyager's Wesley Crusher. One of the things about DS9 is that everyone was made to look an idiot... Worf was awkward with Dax, Sisko was awkward with Cassidy, Doctor Bashir and Smiley, everyone had moments where they just looked lost and out of place, but in TNG, that was more or less the sole reason for pre-Academy Wesley Crusher. On Voyager, that's Harry Kim. And I liked it how Harry would always fall for the wrong woman... his stuff with Seven in that episode was pretty funny, and his general uselessness was comedic in and of itself. Anyway, it's better then Tom "Crash" Paris and the amazing amount of shuttles he lost. And he was the freaking ace pilot of the ship.