Pro Evolution Soccer 6 + Winning Eleven X

Dan

GameSpot Link

B000FNIH6Q.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V61358722_.jpg

In a nutshell:

The world’s most popular football sim returns with numerous tweaks and additions to make it even more realistic in both gameplay and graphics. If England don’t win the World Cup you can always take solace in the latest Pro Evo.

The lowdown:

This latest sequel sees one of the biggest overhauls in the game’s history with the new improvements to the already impressive animation directly affecting the way you play. Dribbling with the ball is now easier but the quality of your passing and shooting now depends on the position of a player’s body in terms of both accuracy and power. Make a shot straight after a sharp turn, for example, and your chances of hitting the target are slim. Opponent and team artificial intelligence has also been greatly increased, to the point where every man on the pitch is thinking independently. Apart from the animation, the graphics in general have also been upgraded with much better player likenesses.

Most exciting moment:

Thanks to the new changes Pro Evo 6 plays a much more attacking game than previously, with counter attacks after a fluffed shot on goal made much easier than previously.

Since you ask:

Although the game doesn’t have the official FIFA World Cup license it does simulate an unofficial international tournament, including both qualifying rounds and the finals.

The bottom line:

The best just keeps getting better with the most beautiful virtual game ever.

HARRISON DENT

Manufacturer's Description

The Pro Evolution Soccer series is renowned for its realism, and Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is abundant with new gameplay additions. Player AI has been massively upgraded, with players running intelligently into space when not in possession of the ball and pointing where they want the pass placed to continue the attack. Similarly, the physical side of play has been refined, with players working to turn a defender as they receive the ball, while defenders must learn to stand off slightly to prevent such moves.

Series creator Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka has also worked to refine the shooting system of the new game, and players will be able to attempt more snap shots than in previous versions, while volleys and half-volleys have been redesigned. Other new moves include the ability to retain control of the ball when sliding in to tackle, while all-new feints and backwards dribbling are now available thanks to the improved dribbling controls, while headers have been changed to allow players more movement in the way their strikers jump and head the ball.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 also has a number of new teams licensed for inclusion, with the International roster now featuring the official kits for Argentina, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain and Sweden. Details on official club teams and more national squads will follow.

Other new additions include more balanced referees, and a selection of exciting new gameplay modes. An International Challenge involves leading your home country to victory through a series of entry and tournament rounds, while a Random mode lets the player play quick games within randomly-generated match day settings. The much-loved Master League also returns, allowing players to experience the many highs and lows of steering a team through years of competitive games. Aging players, injuries and pressure from the board all combine to create a truly immersive game where results are everything.

With its slick moves and realistic action, Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is certain to glide past rival titles with ease and enjoys an impressive roster of new moves, licensed clubs, and gameplay modes.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Picked this up on the PC this morning, £20 (No 'original' X-Box version is fucking gay). That's a bargain. I need to buy a gamepad though. :shifty: Can anyone tell me where I can get one of those X-Box controller to USB converters, for a reasonable price?

Did a couple of friendlies. My graphics card is shite, so the graphics are acceptable, but nowhere near as good as they could potentially be (WHY THE FUCK DID THEY NOT RELEASE IT ON THE X-BOX!!!!), keyboard controls are fucking impossible to use, how do you change players? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....yeah, it's going on the backburner until I get a joypad.

Edited by Steve Mandela

I got my copy of Pro Evo 6 on Wednesday from Play. I've only played a couple of times on it as Arsenal however but my first impression was that it taken a step backward. It just didn't feel like the last couple of Pro Evo's for some reason. No doubt it'll grow on me.

Got this today for about £26 on PS2, complete with free water bottle and PS2 controller. :D

Played a couple of games, and I like. :P

Only really played a few games, but can say already that Manchester United are the team on this. They're just one of those teams that click, its hard to explain. Plus with strength being a bigger factor in this one, Rooney's stoutness makes him nigh on unstoppable, with Drogba also a great player.

Inter are still a hundred times better than they should be, with a terrific strikeforce (I scored four or five on my first attempt with them :/).Good to see Juve in the game too.

I can't really give much definites on the gameplay, as I'm still discovering things as I play. Although there's lots more animations, which means you find that you can play passes in more directions etc. that you couldn't on PES5, simply because the animation to do so didn't exist on it, but does now. Heading is also a much more potent threat when attacking as crosses are now much more slick and quicker, instead of hanging in the air for an age like on the previous edition.

So far it's shaping up well though. However if there is one negative point for me, it's that it doesn't feel like a true sequel to the last. Just a better Pro 5. You know, "Football Manager Syndrome", in that, it's not a sequel, just a more refined, improved update. Although it makes you think, if they can get all these animations on a PS2, imagine the posibilites for PES on PS3? :)

Edited by wilson316

I'm not impressed at all so far. They've done so much to improve the game in certain ways, yet its got a lot worse in others. I seem to draw 0-0 all the time. Its just very meh. It seems so fucking hard to actually make a chance, and they've made the passing system a lot worse. Most matches just seem to be midfield scraps, I get so far, then the CPU winn the ball in an almost bullshit way (either with an impossible tackle, crowding the entire team around my player in the blink of an eyes like the CPU has The Flash and Quicksilver playing for it, or by them just seemingly walking through my player to get the ball, only to get to my backline and lose the ball, and here we go again.

I know what you mean about the passing being slow.

But then I thought that with the fifth one, and possibly with the fourth one too. Yet like those two, I think I'll probably adapt to it and begin to appreciate it.

Something else that's beginning to annoy me is that I keep losing the ball either with my backline, or my forwards really cheaply. Just like poor control and then it falls to the opposition.

Off round to a mates to have a big tournament tonight mind. I get the feeling it's gonna be awesome on multiplayer.

Edited by wilson316

Yeah. It seems as though if it's not Henry, C. Ronaldo or Adriano then it just goes anywhere. Although that might have something to do with my incessant holding of R1. :P

Btw, has anyone seen Ronaldo's (Real Madrid one) acceleration and top speed stats? :ohwell:

Got myself a Playstation controller adapter (Off a mate) and luckily had a spare Playstation controller lying around. With my PC not being some God-like machine, it jumps occasionally but besides that it runs pretty good.

Thus far, I'm not liking it as much as PES5, this passing is slow, but it's easier to put together cooler moves and such, with the passes being more accurate, allowing you to pass around an opposition players, whereas on PES5 it'd just go straight to the other team. I do seem to hit outrageously over with the slightest tap of the shoot button. Love the crosses though.

Yeah, its well easy to sky shots.

I'm getting into this more now. Its partly due to getting used to it, and partly due to getting a couple of good results.

The fact I was playing as Barca against the two worst Spanish sides on the game is irrelevant >_>

Edited by timmayy rave

It's a great game, just takes time to get used to it, which is way better than you being able to score tonnes within your first game. Found it really hard to begin with but now I'm starting to get the hang of it more. Passing can be slow, but the crossing on the game I've found to be pretty awesome most of the time. Got numerous little added additions to it, the chip shots are WAY better than they previously were IMO as is a few of the small new shooting techniques. Penalties are bloody hard though, seem almost unwinnable for me.

Another problem is the fact I'm playing using a PS2 controller, which I haven't used in an age, and after a game my left thumb in in near agony due to it BEING IN THE WRONG PLACE!!! You just don't have the mobility like you do on an X-Box pad, with the left analogue being where it is.

And I won my first and only penalty shoot out. I never seemed to win on previous PES.

Edited by Steve Mandela

Can't say I'm too impressed so far - I thought the AI was supposed to be "much improved", but it seems just as bad as always to me? Several times already one of their midfielders has come running from the half way line right down the center, with me giving chase, and my two center halves have just parted and let him basically get a free shot at goal. Strikers also seems to stand in ridiculous places; i've had a few moments where I've taken a player into the box, got into a goal mouth scramble, and had my main striker standing motionless at the corner of the penalty box doing nothing. :angry:

I agree about the first touch, seems absolutely awful unless you're one of the big name players.

All in all, it doesn't feel like a PES game. It feels like PES, mixed with Fifa, played underwater :shifty: