Pro Evolution Soccer 6 + Winning Eleven X

Dan

Yeah I'm having a problem with the team mate AI, they never seem to make any runs, I stand around waiting for one to make a run so I can slip them a through ball but no-one moves.

Also, it's impossible to break away from defenders. You get past someone and even though you're two yards in front they'll always catch you. I could understand if it was someone slow, but I'm playing as Arsenal and everytime I break free with Henry they always catch up no matter who the defender is.

Also I've conceded a number of goals due to it swapping the player I'm controlling for apparently no reason on defence, allowing them to break away and score. Don't know whether that's a problem with the 360 version or whether it's across the board.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That particular player swapping problem is one I haven't encountered on the PS2, but the system does have a problem, namely when you go to manually change the player you control, it goes through about every other player on your team before you control the player you wanted to and by then its too late. I conceded a goal where the CPU got past my right-back, I tried to control my right sided centre back to come across, but it went through about 3/4 other players first, by which time the CPU had just cut infield and scored.

With taking people on for pace, its a lot better I think. It was a fucking stupid problem on the old games where the CPU would always catch you up no matter what (on an older game I had David Batty match Craig Bellamy the length of the pitch side-by-side, go figure) and frustrated me to hell. On here, it seems fairer. Playing as Liverpool with Riise on the left and Pennant on the right, I had the beating of the left-back with Pennant 8 times out of 10, but Riise couldn't run past anyone for shit, which is more realistic. With Barca, NO-ONE is catching up to Lionel Messi... overall, I think thats where it's gotten better. Just need REALLY quick wingers.....

I've still yet to see any evidence of your teammates running into space, playing as Liverpool I'm doubling up on the full back with Kewell and Riise, but the one whose not in possession still refuses to run into the space behind.

Getting used to the passing though, and crossing is much better.

The CPU making runs is very 50/50. A few times I've cut inside with a winger, just begging for the full-back to overlap and its totally ignored the space, yet sometimes the CPU has made a run I would never have dreamed of and its cut right through the defense. It needs a bit more work, but its swings and roundabouts IMO.

People always complain at first.

It's still a mile better than FIFA, and I quite enjoyed FIFA this year.

People are complaining because at best the game hasn't gone very far forward from the last version, and at worst may have even gone backward. Yeah it's better than FIFA, but that's hardly setting the bar very high.

Sadly the game is limited to the formats it's on.

Sure, it's on the 360, but Konami won't really want to make a WHOLE new game for just the 360 till the ps3 is released and they can focuse totally on it.

Online mode is supposed to be awesome too. It was pretty shit last year so I'm hoping so.

I've still yet to see any evidence of your teammates running into space, playing as Liverpool I'm doubling up on the full back with Kewell and Riise, but the one whose not in possession still refuses to run into the space behind.

Getting used to the passing though, and crossing is much better.

Try bringing Rio up for england on a run, someone should drop back, they do for me.

Edited by Mohammed

Well, after I was starting to relaly enjoy this and really think I could have a lot of fun with the game, Pro Evo based anger has caused its first casualty of the new game. My TV remote today died after I threw it into a wall.

It's because I've been Holland, and have spent the last hour trying to beat Ghana, with no fucking success whatsoever. Its in the final of the Reebok cup. First time, I totally and utterly owned them from the first minute to last, but just couldn't score, all through normal time, extra time, and they win on penalties. Fine, reload game, attempt two. Goes exactly as attempt one: I own them non-stop, but can't score, only this time they score on the stroke of half-time and hold out for a 1-0 win. Anger rising. Attempt three. Starts to go better as 10mins in, Dirk Kuyt puts me a goal up. Rest of the game goes fine. Ghana don't look dangerous at all, and I could have added at least one more. Them, 85th minute, they play a random long-ball, and rather than heading it clear like I told him too, my defender thinks flopping like a fish in the general direction of the ball would work much better. Ball inow drops to a Ghana striker, who just walks through my defence as no-one went to him to make it 1-1. Score stays the same, and again, Ghana win on fucking penatlies.

Cue me throwing the first thing I could find at the wall, and bemoaning the loss of a precious hour of my life, and cue me questioning why I was liking the game so much earlier, and cue rant.

Anyone got hold of a good option file for PS2 max drive with Premiership kits?

There are a fair few people on PESfan.com making Option Files. I downloaded Timfen's I think. Has the Bundesliga teams, but you need to go in and edit the names and badges in-game.

Does that option file have the Bundesliga kits and everything else done? Or is it just the players?

Online mode is supposed to be awesome too. It was pretty shit last year so I'm hoping so.

Oh dear god its actually awful, at least on Xbox live. Konami has made a huge cockup and the majority of people can't connect to other players and therefore cant play online.

The ones that can, they can only play non ranked matched and by adding a friend. And even when they do play, the ranking system doesn't even work, and people have reported that players can disconnect and still win 3-0.

So yeah, the 360 community ain't to happy!

Konami never really cared for microsoft anyway.

Playing the PS2 version, has anyone else experienced what seems like "invisible areas" around opposing players when receiving passes? If the computer makes a pass to a team-mate, and you have a player standing quite close by, it seems that you physically cannot move in quickly and either intercept the ball just before it reaches his feet, or get in quickly and put pressure on him...it's almost as if there's an invisible wall there, at least until he's controlled it.

It doesn't seem to happen to the computer when you're doing the passing, it's just when you're the guy trying to make the block...?

Had a fun game as Brazil vs. Columbia in the semi's of the American cup. Was by a mile the better side, but it was 0-0 at full-time. Right at the start of extra time, I manage to score, then right from kick-off, they run down the right flank, and the game decides to run my left winger and left-back miles away, so their guy just strolls down the flank and puts a cross in. It goes over everyone, except their opposite winger just walks into the box and puts it in the bottom corner, so they equalise RIGHT after I score - its as if the game wanted a draw >_>. Match ends 1-1. I had 10 shots on target. They had 1...bullshit

Match goes to pens, and I've lost me only two shoot-outs on PES6 so far.... but I win 3-0! It was awesome! Was pissed off after I should have easily won during normal time and in extra time, but the pens was great.

Got Argentina in the final, will probably get hammered.