Extreme Championship Wrestling 2006

King.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WrestlingOberserver.com - September 19th 2006

-Tyson Tomko is expected to feud with The Sandman upon his debut.

-CW Anderson has signed a deal with the new ECW.

-Jimmy Yang, formerly Akio of WWE has signed with the new ECW

-Ultimo Dragon has signed with the new ECW

-The Spanish Announce Team, Jose and Joel Maximo are expected to be brought in to ECW following Hardcore Resurrection.

-Following Hardcore Resurrection, ECW plans to shift views from it's World title to the return of the Tag Team Championship belts. A tournament is expected to begin a week following Hardcore Resurrection.

-As of right now their are no definite plans for any other internet pay-per-view. WWE is holding it's breath, hoping USA Network finds time for ECW on their channel. The AM Raw re-run slot is still looking like the best bet.

-Considering OVW's prior relationship with DirectTv, WWE has sent promo videos to that network as well, hoping for any interest in carrying the new ECW.

-Paul Heyman is considering bringing in someone new to fill a "Commissioner" like on-screen role. Heyman is against the idea of him himself being an on-screen authority figure. He has not however ruled out appearing for special angles and storyline purposes. Names rumored to be in contact to fill the role are Steve Austin and even Todd Gordon.

Joel Gertner: “With your hands on your hips!”

Joey Styles: “Stop it.”

Joel Gertner: “Oh c’mon Joey!”

Joey Styles/Joel Gertner: “BUT IT’S THE PELVIC THRUST!”

I found that hilarious. I'm loving this diary, I'm really liking your way of writing too, it makes it easy to follow, and I think you're handling it brilliantly thus far.

Keep up the good work & I'll keep reading.

Simply awesome diary. It is really well written and well organized. I love the CM Punk character and it was sad to see it ended so early due to the injury. The Kanyon character is quite interesting. I can only imagine where you will be taking some of these characters. It's definitely ECW and I'm loving it. Still laughing at that commentary :lmao:

Keep up the great work (Y)

Joel Gertner: “I always wondered if he painted those chairs himself. You think he’s a killer at arts and crafts in general?”

That part had me laughing out loud. Some neat stuff you have going here. I like the CM Punk character and I'm fond of your style of writing, with short and to the point results.

My only real beef (if you can even call it that) is that you typo a bit and sometimes it doesn't make sense in certain context, like Gertner's line about being surrounded by more pussy than a "little (litter?) box". ;) (Y)

September 18th 2006

Phone Conversation Between Steve Austin and Paul Heyman

Steve Austin: “I don’t know Paul! I got a phone call from Johnny Ace fifteen minutes ago telling me to that he had booked me on the next flight to L.A. and that I should be ready to work Raw. He said Vince himself extended the invitation.”

Paul Heyman: “This is fucking bullshit. Regardless the contract you signed to appear at Hardcore Resurrection is concrete, he can’t pull you out of that. This leaves us no room to build though.”

Steve Austin: “I’m sorry Paul. But I am STILL under WWE contract.”

Paul Heyman: “I’m not blaming you Steve. I’m blaming myself for letting your agreement slip out.”

Steve Austin: “I’ll talk to Vince, see if I can work anything out.”

Meanwhile in Stamford Connecticut, Johnny Ace spoke with his ECW “mole” over the phone.

Johnny Ace: “Vince thanks you for warning him about Stone Cold. I’m sure you realize why we couldn’t let such a big asset appear in ECW before properly being promoted on WWE programming.”

“I’m not sure if I can keep doing this.”

Johnny Ace: “Of course you can. Just keep thinking about February when your commitment to ECW expires. From there, it’s mainstream attention and WWE spotlight!”

“I have a feeling Paul is on to us.”

Johnny Ace: “What makes you say that?”

“Because I overheard him telling Dreamer that he’d have no problem playing hardball”

Johnny Ace: “That doesn’t mean anything.”

“Yeah, usually not, but he also said he found a loophole in an ECW One Night Stand contract. Something about how someone is technically working for Heyman, while also wrestling for WWE.”

Johnny Ace: “That’s impossible. Our legal team wouldn’t allow such a mistake.”

“All I’m saying is, I’m not so sure I’m the only one being a “mole” around here!”

Edited by SlapDashKOTW

The Mole just has to be a big name, and it has to be an absolute shocker. My bet is Joel Gerner, whilst the mole for ECW (spying on WWE) has to be Benoit.

But it's really hard to call, I salute you, this is a top diary with some top storylines.

I normally don't like ECW revival diary's but I seriously love this one. It is becoming one of my favorite diary's on the forum, Punk gone for awhile is bad, but bearable. I love the comments on commentary and your characters are phenomenal. Kepp up the incredible work man.

i just read the first two pages of this diary (i will read the rest shortly) and i must say it is fantastic. there are just a couple of things id like to point out though.

i dont know if you are aware and have done it on purpose... but there was a couple of music mistakes so far.

Tommy Dreamer used "Evenflow" a LONG time ago... the last couple of years in ECW he used "Man In The Box" by Alice In Chains (i dont know if anyone has pointed that out yet) and Steve Corino used a CUSTOM song that had the same beat as "Come With Me".. but it was just an instrumental, slightly different version that had corino saying "The Old School Style... Will Return!" at the beginning.. just thought id let you know in case ya didnt already.

keep it up man.

September 21 2006 - ECW.com

CHRIS JERICHO WILL WRESTLE!

Paul Heyman announced earlier that Chris Jericho WILL compete this week on ECW.com. Jericho will team up with Sabu to take on Rob Van Dam and Taz!

"He signed a contract, he didn't specify when he would and wouldn't wrestle. If he tries to back out of it again, my lawyers will have a little chat with him." - Paul Heyman

Do we not get another show? I was really liking this diary, it was one of the best on the board. I hope it continues, but we haven't had a show for 7 days :( Please continue this. :)

Guest The Legend

This is a great diary. I wasn't expecting anything good from any ECW revival diaries that were going to start popping up, but this is great. Really entertaining, this whole "mole" issue is very interesting too.

just read the whole diary.

im loving it all its great, especially the Kanyon I'm Hardcore Gimmick its great. You need stevie richards back in a more filling role as he was a legend in the old ECW. bWo > nWo

keep up the good work

• 2 weeks later...

I have just read this entire diary in one sitting and what an awesome read it is. I really hope this is what the new ECW will be like in reality, It is a shame about CM Punk but his storyline is just one of the many great ones you have going on. I have written diaries myself in the past, nothing as good as this, but if I ever write a diary again I will be looking at yours for inspiration as you have the writing style down to perfection in my opinion.

I hope we have not seen the last of this diary, I will be checking back for updates.

Awesome diary, You should be proud of yourself.