WWE: The Draft 2006

Paul Heyman!! Although it's quite predictable, Heyman being on any show is going to get points from me. Hopefully you can pull Heyman off, and you've done pretty well with his "Piss Off Everyone" mentality.

Khali against The Spirit Squad shall elicit groans on my part. Da Hit Squad being lumped in with these five also get groans from me as well. Damn, there is really nothing I liked about this segment.

HBK/Heyman segment seemed kind of bland, but the little quip about continuity made me smile.

Carlito in a throw away match was just there, and really served no purpose other then to give Carlito a win, but then again there are always throw away matches on shows like this.

I love the fact that you're a Stevie mark because that gives me the chance to see Stevie being pushed, and you did it without really hurting Umaga's credibility...of course it ruins his win streak unless you go the pinned/submitted route....

Benoit wasn't happy with HBK in that match, and HBK showed a bit of his usual cockiness, which is something I love to see. Hopefully we see a bit more of that down the line.

Already told you my thoughts on the main event through MSN. Hopefully it works out in the end....

IPB Image

1 - Val Venis def. Simon Dean by pin fall. - 63/75/69

2 - Stevie Richards was interviewed about his impending rematch with Rob Conway. He accused Rob of being afraid of his new found determination, and using a broken nose to avoid the inevitable - 73% - Steven Richards gained overness.

3 - Chavo Guererro def. Gregory Helms by pin fall in a match feturing Funaki to become the number one contender to the Cruiserweight title. - 65/79/72

4 - Lashley def. Kid Kash by pin fall. - 65/74/69

5 - Ahead of their tag title match, Nunzio and Vito are seen talking to someone on a phone. Nunzio hangs up, with both of them looking very happy. - 61%

6 - London and Spanky def. Nunzio and Vito by pin fall to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles (Defense 2) - 63/85/74

----------------------------

Overall Rating - 70%, 1.17 TV rating, 6503 people attended for $260,120.

----------------------------

Edited by Xero Gravity

IPB Image

Countdown To Vengeance

June 19, 2006

Last week Triple H promised to stay off Raw until Vengeance, and his WWE Title match with Rey Mysterio. As even the most casual of WWE will know, Triple H is not the kind of person who's word you can trust easily. Mysterio knows this for a fact, as he is scheduled to compete six days before his title match. Will Hunter show up anyway and try to get an early advantage, or will he be a man of his word and not show up?

Speaking of Vengeance, with the show only six days away and two matches set in stone, the McMahon's have been breathing down Eric Bischoff's neck to fill the card up by the end of the night. After an argument about how this not being the right way to hype up a pay per view, he reluctantly agreed, and now finds himself in the difficult task of filling the show in two hours.

Two men who will no doubt be lobbying for a match are John Cena and JBL. Both men walked away from the Vengeance title match decider empty handed. While Cena has kept relatively quiet, Bradshaw has as usual ran his mouth whenever the opportunity arises. Last week he beat Rey Mysterio in a match, and would have done more damage if it were not for Cena coming to his aid. As JBL ran backstage, he was heard ranting about unfinished business with Cena and headed straight for Bischoff's office.

Another conflict brewing over the last two weeks would be the between Booker T and The Big Show. The former WCW alumni got into an argument two weeks ago after an off handed remark by Show was taken out of proportion. Booker challenged him to a match, and with the help of his wife Sharmell was able to beat the giant. He also interfered in a match on Heat, helping William Regal pin Big Show. These two instances have brought back an angered fire in the seven foot, five hundred pound monster who will have a few choice words when Raw airs.

Also scheduled for tonight, is a Masterlock challenge. Over the last few weeks, Chris Masters has found it impossible to apply the Masterlock to rookie Gunner Scott. After several sneak attacks, Masters has decided to prove once and for all that he can do it. While Scott never officially accepted the challenge, there is little doubt the proud superstar will be looking to defend his perfect record since jumping to Raw in the draft.

Well, so far, I'm enjoying this diary. I like the fact that you're trying to keep it realistic with some of the pushes, while at the same time giving a little time to some of the "lesser" guys as well.

Your formatting and all is fine, nothing to fix there, and I actually like how you're doing the B-shows, as really, that's about how much respect they get in real life as well. Your matches are ok so far, though nothing spectaculer. I have a feeling you'll be really bringing the goods in the PPV matches though, so no worries there.

One thing I'm not the GREATEST fan of is some of your releases. Releasing two established tag teams, though (possibly) realistic for the WWE, might be a little TOO realistic, as that relaly leaves you with few tag teams on either show. And Snitsky and Viscera as the Tag champs on Raw...ugh. Hopefully it'll be a short reign for them. Also not fond of taking one half ot the Vengeance main event off TV in the weeks before the show, as I think that really devalues the match and the opponent, though it DOES sound like something HHH (character-wise) would do.

Your characterizations are generally on the mark, though a couple of times I think you were a little off (nothing major, just...not QUITE right), especially with some of the more distinctive speakers in the WWE.

Overall, like I said, this has been enjoyable to read, and I'll check up on it later, once some more has ben put up. Congrats, and good luck.

• 9 months later...