The Game Concepts You Can't Stand

Benji

For me it would have to be Animal Crossing and Kingdom Hearts (wouldn't it J <_< ), Animal Crossing just seems incredibly retarded to waste all that time playing for, well, nothing really. But Kingdom Hearts, I would hate Final Fantasy games mixing with one another, but along with Disney characters too? Bleh <_<

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, the idea of FF and Disney mixing seemed wierd to me, but now not really.

I don't get many racing games, such as Need For Speed where you enhance your car, and race others, and don't really get anything special from it. Also, surfing games...what?

Animal Crossing seems like a very retarded idea, but damn it is addicting.

And I think Kingdom Hearts is awesome, even if you don't like the idea, it doesn't affect the gameplay.

Anyway, I'm getting extremely tired of First Person Shooters. It seems like every game anymore is a FPS. It's pretty much the same game every time. And I also hate every game trying to incorporate stealth and doing it poorly.

And I think Kingdom Hearts is awesome, even if you don't like the idea, it doesn't affect the gameplay.

Anyway, I'm getting extremely tired of First Person Shooters. It seems like every game anymore is a FPS. It's pretty much the same game every time. And I also hate every game trying to incorporate stealth and doing it poorly.

I've played the game briefly, it's okay, but I just can't stand a bad storyline in a game, and a lot of the time I play a game like that for the storyline.

I've played the game briefly, it's okay, but I just can't stand a bad storyline in a game, and a lot of the time I play a game like that for the storyline.

I dig. I like the storyline, but I can see how it is off-putting to others. Disney is also a guilty pleasure of mine, especially the older stuff, and I think they blend it well with the FF characters.

Guest clintcasey

I think the whole point of adding the FF characters into Kingdom Hearts was to get all the kids who play the game for the disney stuff interested Square Enix while simaltaniously increasing the consummer base by appealing to fans of their older games like FFVII and VIII and in the case of the last kingdom hearts a little bit of VI.

In short, a marketing ploy.

Edited by clintcasey

Stealth games, though its more a case of me being totally fucking useless at anything even slightly stealth like then actually hating the games. I'm a noisy person at times, and that translates into games.

I haven't got the hang of most racing games either, but again thats more down to me sucking at racing games (or driving in any other kind of game).

Not the biggest RPG fan either, but only because I tend to buy other games first, and always seem to leave them out.

RPG's in general. I don't know how most RPGers (mainly JRPGers) can be so quick to shit on other genres when they have to spend hours leveling up characters before they can continue the game. It just seems pointless to me to have to stand in a field waiting for random battles before you can get through the next area. Plus it often makes the story seem contrived. You are on a quest to find x, yet you have time to walk around begging for random battles.

Sports games. Pretty much all of them. Video games are supposed to be taking a break from real life and doing stuff you're never ever going to be able to do. Why play a game version of football when I can go out and kick a ball? Manager games are the worst, even EWR got boring after a while >_>

I also dislike MMORPGS. I can deal with stuff like Final Fantasy, but the ones I've seen (Admittedly, they're all the same one Dan pimped out a while back >_>) are totally boring. You can fish, you can fight monsters, you can build stats, but there's never any point to it :\

First person shooters. I hate them, I find them too hard to play.

:lmao:

Well theres another person for me to own at Countstrike

Now this is a tuff question for me because I've stepped in every genre there is and rarely come up dissapointed. I guess the ones I can't stand the most are boring sport games like Golf, or Bass fishing.

But I fucking own at Counterstrike, de_dust2 baby!

Guy, dude, this one time, at Counterstrike, I totally shot a guy, and it was awesome! Hey guy! Guy!

First person shooters.

Walk around a building, shoot a pistol, pick up a shotgun.

Walk around a swamp, shoot a shotgun, pick up a machine gun.

Walk around an army camp, shoot a machine gun, pick up a grenade launcher.

Walk around a shopping centre, shoot a grenade launcher, pick up a rocket launcher.

Walk around a jungle, shoot a rocket launcher, pick up some big massive gun with one round.

Shoot big gun.

Repeat.

I find them incredibly repetitive, even the ones with a great concept (like Killzone) or a great story (like Half Life).

I enjoyed Unreal Tournament though for online play.

Games such as MGS, GTA, Mercs etc tend to enjoy much more freedom/enjoyment/non-linear suffering/quirks.

But then that's coming from someone who loves Black and White, Cycling Manager and Cricket Manager.

Having said that, Operation Flashpoint is first person and it's MAGNIFICENT! Mainly cos of the subject matter, the atmosphere, the squad-based combat and the general feel as well as hyper-realism and one shot kills.

(MMO)RPG games. Most stuff that has to do with levelling and getting absolutely nothing out of it (besides a total waste of time) bore me.

FPS games though...only ever played CS, and it took 3 years to get really good at it (note that I only played it once a week in the past).

First person shooters.

Walk around a building, shoot a pistol, pick up a shotgun.

Walk around a swamp, shoot a shotgun, pick up a machine gun.

Walk around an army camp, shoot a machine gun, pick up a grenade launcher.

Walk around a shopping centre, shoot a grenade launcher, pick up a rocket launcher.

Walk around a jungle, shoot a rocket launcher, pick up some big massive gun with one round.

Shoot big gun.

Repeat.

I find them incredibly repetitive, even the ones with a great concept (like Killzone) or a great story (like Half Life).

I enjoyed Unreal Tournament though for online play.