SEMI-REGULAR MUSIC POLL #1: Who is better?

Liam

Yeah, bands influenced by Slayer tend to be naff too, as do bands influenced by Megadeth, and bands influenced by Anthrax. But there's more of the ones influenced by Metallica, and Trivium are amongst their number.

EDIT: I know a few people who think God Hates Us All is Slayer's best album too, come to think of it. Personally, I prefer Seasons In The Abyss and, it's nigh-on blasphemy to say it apparently, but I've got a real soft spot for Undisputed Attitude.

Edited by Skumfrog

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to the other person who voted for Anthrax.

no problem

I was about to agree with Skummy but then he called 'Thrax average and I wanted to kick him upside his foo' head. Metallica has three good albums, Megadeth has 2 or 3, and Slayer has.. uhh.. about the same amount. Anthrax has a ton of great songs and albums.

I'll admit that, outside of the stuff with Public Enemy, which I like, because it's MUTHAFUCKIN' Public Enemy, I've only heard the last Anthrax album and the Best Of, and found the tracks on there dull, so unless they've got some great album tracks out there, I've never heard anything which has sparked my interest.

Had to go with Slayer, but I almost went with Anthrax in this poll. Megadeth is decent but never did much for me, and I fucking hate Metallica. Slayer is powerful, and Reign In Blood is one of the best metal albums I've ever heard.

Despite all that, D.R.I. destroys all four of these bands any day of the week.

You guys don't sit around and argue about Megadeth?!?

What do you do all day?

Sit around all day and talk about Mike Patton. I only know about three people who like Megadeth nearly enough to argue about them.

Edited by Skumfrog

I actually sit around and wait for someone to reply to the Regurgitate topic we had on a couple of weeks ago. Or start a topic on The Berzerker, or something.

But anyways, Megadeth: where on the Megadeth scale does "Youthanazia" rank?

From what I've heard, Youthanazia is pretty low, but I know one person who loves it. And I too am far more likely to discuss The Berzerker than either Anthrax or Megadeth.

Let's argue about Megadeth.

Rust > System Has failed > The World Needs a Hero >Peace Sells > The rest

Lets argue about Slayer too.

Reign In Blood > Seasons > God Hates Us All > South Of Heaven > Rest

I like EVERYTHING by Metallica, and whilst I have a shitload of Anthrax tracks, I don't actually know what albums they are all on so I have no idea

I actually liked Dissimulate more than World Of Lies, but let's not turn this into a Berzerker thread.

Hmm...Megadeth and Anthrax, haven't listened much to them. If you know me I usually listen to more mordern music.

But I still vote Metallica, becuase I have Master Of Puppets :D

::::Edit::::

This Poll Is Now Closed. The Final Results Are...

Which is the best band of these four?

Metallica [ 32 ] ** [61.54%]

Slayer [ 10 ] ** [19.23%]

Anthrax [ 2 ] ** [3.85%]

Megadeth [ 8 ] ** [15.38%]

The Thread Will Remain Open For Discussion.

Well since you put it like that, I take back my vote and change it to Slayer.

If only the Liberal Democrats thought like that they might get somewhere.

Lib Dems Leader Whoever He Is Now: Tony Blair is a Wiener!

Voting Public: LETS VOTE LIB DEM

My vote personally went to Metallica, but it was run close by Megadeth. Neither Anthrax nor Slayer have particularly appealed to me, and I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of their 'best' albums (i.e. the album that best personifies Anthrax and Slayer).

Metallica - as whoever it was before me said, when Metallica are on their game, they're unstoppable. They have had their bad moments, true, but I rank 'The Four Horsemen' as one of my ten favourite songs ever and pretty much everything pre-Load is awesome.

'Deth are a mixed bag more than anything. I don't agree with ravenjuice, because Countdown to Extinction should have replaced World Needs A Hero on his list, but they've never been able to top Metallica. I am a Deth mark, though.

Edited by Be