VH1 Top Ten Metal Songs.

K

I sorta agree with that top 10 list, except for a few things:

"Welcome to the Jungle" is ranked too high. I'd switch it and "You've Got Another Thing Coming".

I don't mind Slayer having a song in the top 8, but "Raining Blood"? bah.

And I don't think "Master of Puppets" should be that high on the list. Its one of Metallica's best songs, but I'd have "For Whom The Bell Tolls", "Creeping Death", "Fade To Black", "Seek and Destroy" or "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" ranked higher that it. But that's just me.

A few other gripes:

How the fuck does "High N Dry" make it as the highest ranked Def Leppard song?! lmao. "Photograph", "Rock Of Ages", "Bringin' On The Heartbreak", and "Foolin'" all > "High N Dry"

SOAD being on the list at all is a joke.

Who the fuck ranked this list, and what were they injecting, snorting, swallowing or smoking? Because Def Leppard should have one or two songs ranked higher than #33, SOAD shouldn't even be on a Top 100 list much less a top 40, and there's no Danzig on the list. You can't do a believable Top 40 list without "Mother" or "Twist of Cain" on the list.

Edited by GhostMachine

Guest Bluesman

I still laugh at all the cheesy metal songs from the 80's. They do not age well, especially when surrounded with stuff like Zombie and Faith No More. By the end I was left digging around for my Pantera and Faith No More cd's in between laughing at how much of a douchebag Dee Snyder is.

A pretty solid list, although "Toxicity" is probably the worst SoaD song to pick for this list. I woulda gone with "Sugar." "Freak on a Leash" is also a horrible KoRn song to pick, but I can understand them trying to make it as mainstream as possible. And "Holy Diver" should totally be on there instead of "Rainbow in the Dark." DIO FOREVER!

I still laugh at all the cheesy metal songs from the 80's. They do not age well, especially when surrounded with stuff like Zombie and Faith No More. By the end I was left digging around for my Pantera and Faith No More cd's in between laughing at how much of a douchebag Dee Snyder is.

Take that back.

YOU CAN'T STOP ROCK AND ROLL

pantera2.jpg

Yup, not every band can be as manly as Pantera, can they? :P

This list was put together by the artists. All the songs that someone mentioned from def leppoard earlier, are not really heavy metal songs. When I think of heavy metal, I think of hard blistering guitar rips and insane bass playing. I don't think of slow songs.

pantera2.jpg

Yup, not every band can be as manly as Pantera, can they? :P

Now that's what I picture when I think of Cowboys From Hell. :lmao:

I'm not bothered by the list really, but I'm surprised to see Alice Cooper on this list. I love Alice Cooper, but his music really never seemed all that metalish to me. Especially the song Eighteen, I'd have probably gone "Under My Wheels" if they were going for metal. Then again, Eighteen is one of his best known songs (No More Mr. Nice Guy and School's Out competing with that), so I can see why they'd choose that out of his songs. Still, he seems like a strange addition to a metal list. I always figured him to just be straight up rock and roll.