Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

Guest Anti-Hero

I was just reminiscing on the awesomeness that was Smackdown vs RAW 2006, and I was just thinking of my ideal roster for the game. I know it's a while off at the moment, but I just thought it would be something to do. I used the premise of having 60 wrestlers: 45 active wrestlers, 6 divas, 9 legends. Here's my roster:

Active wrestlers

Batista

Boogeyman

Big Show

Booker T

Brian Kendrick

Carlito

Charlie Haas

Chris Benoit

Chris Masters

Daivari

Edge

Finlay

Gene Snitsky

Goldust

Great Khali

Gregory Helms

Jamie Noble

Joey Mercury

John Bradshaw Layfield

John Cena

Johnny Nitro

Kane

Ken Kennedy

Kid Kash

Kurt Angle

Lance Cade

Lashley

Mark Henry

Matt Hardy

Paul Birchill

Paul London

Psicosis

Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio

Ric Flair

Rob Van Dam

Shawn Michaels

Shelton Benjamin

Super Crazy

Tatanka

Triple H

Umaga

Undertaker

Viscera

William Regal

Divas

Ashley Massaro

Candice Michelle

Maria

Melina

Trish Stratus

Victoria

Legends

Bret Hart

The Rock

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Hulk Hogan (modern)

Mick Foley

Andre The Giant

Ted DiBiase

Eddie Guerrero

Roddy Piper

That's my idea. Try your own if you have half an hour spare :P

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to post a full list of who I would like to see in the game, but I will say this:

No Hardcore Holly, Great Khali, Mark Henry, Road Warrior, Snitsky, Tatanka or Umaga.

I hope Charlie Haas and Paul Birchall are in (Birchall mainly so I can swipe the C4 for original CAWs. (Y) ) and they have more wrestlers with extra unlockable outfits. And I mean wrestling gear, not shirts they wear over their gear or business suits.

I also hope they leave Lita out of the game, unless they put her in for an Edge specific storyline, because she's a waste of space in my opinion. Its time they take her out of the game and make room for someone else, since she hardly ever actually wrestles anymore.

Divas I want to see are Ashley, Maria, Mickie, Trish, Victoria, Jillian Hall and Candice Michelle. And I hope if they do put Maria in that she gets to record some dialog. I'd love to see her interview a player-controlled wrestler a time or two during campaign mode. (Just don't put in the Kiss Cam!)

As for Legends.....I hope they do have Hulk Hogan again, but not 3 versions. And I seriously hope they add his taunts back in. Otherwise, I'd like to see Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Mick Foley (as himself or Cactus Jack), Ted DiBiase, Randy Savage, and Sgt. Slaughter. (I figure Stone Cold and the Rock being in again is a given)

Edited by GhostMachine

If you want to know my ideal roster, just go to WWE.com and click on the 'RAW and SD! Superstars' page. The roster needs to be BIG, and as it is going to be the latest generation of technology for the PS2, and the first of the next-gen PS3 there is no reason it can't be. SD2 had the best roster IMO, simply because it had pretty much all the current wrestlers for the time, meaning you could add in some WCW/ECW CAWS.

THQ have always stated their 'cut off date' for inclusion of superstars, what they need to do is make sure the roster is as up to date as possible, maybe even finding out some of the characters to be called up from OVW/DSW/ECW so they can be included.

They should make an effort to include as many tag-teams as possible this time around. I was really dissappointed at the lack of MNM in the last game. Even if it means crappy teams like Venis and Viscera, the roster should be as close to the current WWE roster as possible (OK so I won't complain if Gunnar Scott doesn't make the cut, or Johny Parasie either, but aside from out-and-out jobbers, everyone should be in).

Taking this years roster as a starting point, guys who should definatly be included:

Lashley

Finley

MNM (and Melina)

The WHOLE Spirit Squad

BURCHILL

UMAGA

Mark Henry (just so I can beat the crap outta him)

Great Khali (just for completism)

Nunzio

Vito

Tatanka

Matt Hardy

Boogeyman

Funaki

Goldust

Road Warrior ('Animal' LOD alternate attire)

Super Crazy

Psychosis

Vince (as playable character)

Shane Mcmahon

Simon Dean (Nova alternate attire)

Gregory Helms (hurricane alternate attire)

Brian Kendrick

Divas:

Mickie James

Ashley

Melina

Victoria

Jillian

Legends:

Hogan (Present/nWo/Old School/Mr America alternate attires)

Foley (All three 'Faces of Foley' as alternate attires)

Mr Perfect

Eddie

Hawk

Demolition (Ax, Smash, Crush)

Yokozuna

Diesel?

Razor Ramon? (If copyright allows)

Dusty Rhodes (NWA Dusty, as opposed to polka-dots!)

the Rock (current attire-Tattoos and old school Rock)

Stone Cold

I definatly think there should be an ECW storyline, maybe leading up to ONS (don't think ECW will make it as a 'third brand' in the game though). Maybe we could have some old ECW superstars:

Sandman

Sabu

Balls

Axl Rotten (Team with Balls)

Dreamer

Tazz (Suit/Tracksuit/Old-school Singlet)

Terry Funk

Blue Meanie

Heyman (available as a manager)

I'm hoping there are more storylines this year, as well as an improved GM mode (more roster spaces would be nice!). I hear there will also be more to GM than 'text-based' angles, hopefully some cut scenes and some dialogue.

Including the ability for all the Spirit Squad to defend the tag belts would be nice, as well as having valets/managers/stable members come out for all your matches (like real life, as well as 'Road to Wrestlemania' on the old N64!).

Lots more alternate attires should be included. At least for the guys who change regularly (RVD, Flair, Rey-Rey, HBK) just to give some variety in season/GMModes.

All in all i'm excited by the buzz for the next gen version of the game. 2006 was a big step for the SD games, good voiceovers, storylines and graphics and gameplay. If the next one was simply a BIG roster update I'd be happy, but I imagine there'll be some new features to get excited about too.

Edited by marksbros6

Everyone on the current roster, everyone that is going to be on the ECW Roster and even an OVW and DSW roster if necessary just so i can play as CM Punk and get to use the Pepsi Plunge. If Blu-ray is as good as thay say it is then quit improving the frickin' graphics and put in a huge f'ing roster, and better season mode (like the one's in HCTP) with no trophie for GM Mode required to beat the game as GM Mode sux and completely unnecessary. They also need Christian and Jericho.