• Alice In Chains
    • Soundgarden
    • Pearl Jam
  2. 2. Who is the best band of these 4?

• Creed
    • Staind
    • Bush
    • Stone Temple Pilots

Picking between Alice In Chains and Soundgarden made the first poll tough for me. But, at the end of the day I've enjoyed Alice In Chains just a hair more than Soundgarden so Alice In Chains won Poll Numero Uno. Also, while I do like some Nirvana and Pearl Jam, neither so far have really captivated me as much as the other two.

In order: Alice In Chains>Soundgarden>Pearl Jam>Nirvana

The second poll was quite a bit easier. When I was in middle school I was a huge Staind fan. Dysfunction is one of my favorite albums but currently, the band has fallen off my charts as after that they've been very mediocre all around. Break The Cycle had some good tracks but also some that I could do without, 14 Shades was quite a disappoint to me, and while parts of Chapter V were close to Dysfunction level, the band still just seemed to not be as good as they once were.

Creed has a few tracks I can stand but for a majority of their stuff, I just can't find a reason to sit through multiple tracks let alone an entire CD.

This leaves Bush and Stone Temple Pilots. Two very good rock bands that did what they did well and could keep me entertained. Stone Temple Pilots are my favorite band out of the second poll while Bush is two steps behind. I enjoy both bands but STP had more variety than Bush and did a bet better instrumentally than Bush did, IMO.

In order: STP>Bush>Staind>Creed

Okay how can you put creed on that list. Creed is horrible. Velvet Revovler should have been up there instead of Creed. Creed shouldn't even be mentioned in the music industry anymore.

I put Creed because the whole point of the second vote was bands that have been accused of ripping off the grunge sound....I don't like Creed, but they get there simply off of that. Read the first post, it's not hard.

And I think the best two are winning at the moment. Now, I categorise myself as a grunge fan first and foremost, and I think that even though I adore all 4 bands in the first category, Nirvana (cliche as it may be) changed the way I percieve music. They were amazing for the person I was, and some of there tracks are untouchable still today. The other 3 had thier times, but I think Nirvana were just better. It goes Nirvana > AIC > PJ > Soundgarden for me, though its all exceptionally close.

The second one is simply between Bush and the Stone Temple Pilots, and STP win. The other two are either ok when on thier game, or just pure naff.

Nirvana from the first group.

Creed from the second. I'm not sure Creed should be in there, though. I'd have had Puddle of Mudd, maybe. Creed were more metal...

Erm, Weathered mainly... granted, the earlier album possibly lean towards grunge slightly...

As for PoM, I was thinking of bands who were considered to have ripped of some or a lot of the "grunge" elements. Some of Nickelback's stuff lean's that way too.

And as for someone saying Nirvana were pop-punk - when did theybegin sounding like Blink-182?

Oh and Alter Bridge > Creed. In fact Alter Bridge > All the bands in this poll... by fucking far.

Edited by Kid Britain

Erm, Weathered mainly... granted, the earlier album possibly lean towards grunge slightly...

As for PoM, I was thinking of bands who were considered to have ripped of some or a lot of the "grunge" elements. Some of Nickelback's stuff lean's that way too.

And as for someone saying Nirvana were pop-punk - when did theybegin sounding like Blink-182?

PoM did rip off that kinda sound, but Creed were bigger, definitely. I've admittedly only heard stuff like Bullets, With Arms Wide Open and My Sacrafice, and they didn't sound like metal.

And yeah, Nickelback do...but arguably, a lot of late 90's stuff people can tag as that, whether it deserves it or not.

I'd actually consider Bullets metal. Or hard rock... or heavy rock/metal...

and My Sacrifice is blatantly a "metal bands ballad"...

I just see Creed as crap, but whatever.

I voted Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam because I like them the best out of all the bands on that list and STP because I hate the other three bands.

I've heard only a few STP songs and they seem... boring.

Stain'd were good for "Outside" and that's about it...

Cool.

So, what other "crazy" polls have we in the pipe-line? Best ever Emo band? Most rockingest pop group? etc etc ad infinitum...