WWF 1993

Monday Night Anguish 2.8.04!

By Newsflash reporter, Larry Harods

So Adam is gone, Ben is gone and I'm your reporter for the next few weeks. I'm not as witty as those two, but I promise to do a jolly good job and try not to use the phrase "jolly good".

Vince: "Welcome everyone to this week's edition of Monday Night Anguish! I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan."

Brain: "That's Bobby the Brain to you, McMahon!"

Vince: "Anyway, tonight the WWF Intercontinental Title on the line as Shawn Michaels meets Tatanka!"

Brain: "The Intercontinental title will stay on Shawn's waist tonight, and it will stay there after Sunday too."

Vince: "Of course this Sunday is WWF Blackout right here on USA Network. Owen Hart and Shawn Michaels square off, maybe for the Intercontinental Title. Or will it be Tatanka who'll defend the title against Damien Demento? Also tonight, IRS meets Crush!"

Brain: "IRS is a part of the best tag team in the WWF today. He'll have no problem getting rid of that pineapple head."

Vince: "The Kamikaze Kid vs. Yokozuna, and also Ric Flair and The Undertaker in action but right now let's get to the ring!

Beastly Beauty (w/ Jerry Lawler) vs Natural Disasters

Bam Bam starts it off with Earthquake. He fires off some right and left hands. He tries to slam him, but can't. Earthquake is groggy so Bam Bam tries again. Martel comes in and dropkicks him right into a drop toe hold by Bam Bam. Bam Bam covers and gets 2. Martel is tagged in and he works on Earthquake a couple of more minutes. Earthquake finally takes the advantage after reversing a cross body attempt into a powerslam and a 2 count. Typhoon gets the hot tag and comes in. Typhoon gives rights to Bam Bam and Martel and then hits a gut buster on Martel. Typhoon sends Martel to the ropes and Bam Bam is tagged in. Typhoon clotheslines Martel to the outside, but Bam Bam takes Typhoon down with a shoulder tackle. Bam Bam climbs to the top and hits his patented Diving Headbutt. 1...2...3! Very impressive clean win for Beastly Beauty. Bam Bam and Martel continue to pound Typhoon, with the help of Jerry Lawler, and clothesline Earthquake to the outside. The pounding continues until The Steiners come running down the aisle and clear house. They stand in the ring and Rick Steiners barks for a bit.

Vince: "The Steiners are back and they won't let Beastly Beauty take out another team!"

Heenan: "What business is this of theirs? They should hang backstage and eat some bones."

Vince: "Stop it. This Sunday at Blackout you're going to see Beastly Beauty and The Steiners face off again at last! Folks, up next is the Kamikaze Kid - Yokozuna match. Our cameras were in The Kamikaze Kid's locker room earlier tonight. Let's see what happened in there."

Motivation Talk

The Kamikaze Kid is backstage, hitting the air with right hands, jumping up and down as Jim Cornette stands next to him: "This is your big night, kid! This is our big night! I got you a match against the biggest wrestler today - Yokozuna! The Japanese Giant himself! You can do it, and you WILL do it, damn it! You're going to dazzle him with your quickness and agility and before he knows it - bam! You hit your Lightning Kick, and it's lights out for Yoko."

The Kamikaze Kid gained overness from this segment.

The Kamikaze Kid vs Yokozuna

The Kamikaze Kid tried to attack Yokozuna following his entrance, but Yoko attacked him with headbutts. Yoko sends The Kid to the ropes and hits a big backdrop. Yokozuna controls the match a bit more, then sends The Kamikaze Kid to the ropes again and hits a chop that sends The Kid to the mat again. Yokozuna goes for a hip toss, but The Kid lands on his feet, runs to the ropes, ducks a clothesline attempt and hits a basement dropkick. The Kid starts to gain momentum. He hits Yokozuna with a couple of rights, runs to the ropes, ducks a clothesline attempt and hits a spinning heel kick. Yoko is down and The Kamikaze Kid covers for a 2 count. While kicking out, Yoko throws him over the top rope.

The match goes back and forth a bit and after a few minutes of control, the Kamikaze Kid goes to the top. Fuji hits him with the Japanese flag from behind and The Kamikaze Kid crashes to the mat. Yokozuna climbs to the second rope and hits the Bonzai Drop. 1...2...3. Yokozuna gets the win. Jim Cornette rolls an injured Kamikaze Kid to the outside.

Vince: "My god, what a match! The Kamikaze Kid gave it his all, but I guess he still isn't ready for wrestling against competitors like Yokozuna."

Heenan: "He still isn't ready for wrestling. Period."

Vince: "Still to come is our WWF Intercontinental Title match between Shawn Michaels and Tatanka!"

Heenan: "And what do we have up next, McMahon?"

Vince: "We have The Undertaker in action! So stay tuned, folks!"

[Commercial Break]

It's Chimel Time

Tony Chimel: "I'm back here with a very angry manager and his very angry client. Harvey Wippleman and Damien Demento."

Harvey Wippleman: "Of course we're angry, monkey face. We're angry because last week on Monday Night Anguish you decided to give the stage to that no-good brat, PJ Walker. You give him your mic and let him talk all that trash about the best wrestler in the world and the best manager in the world. Walker, the clock is ticking for you. Soon, Walker, Damien and I will get our revenge for all your trash-talking. Very soon."

Tony Chimel: "And how do you feel going into Blackout this Sunday with a possible WWF Intercontinental Title shot for your client, Damien Demento?"

Harvey Wippleman: "My feelings are mixed. On the one hand, if red-head wins tonight, we get the WWF Intercontinental Title this Sunday. But on the other hand, he doesn't stand a chance! The guy only knows how to dance and make animal noises. He belongs in a zoo, not a wrestling ring. (As opposed to Wippleman's former client, Kamala, LH) But either way, Damien will come out victorious this Sunday, with or without the WWF Intercontinental Title."

Tony Chimel: "Back to you, Vince."

Vince: "Harvey Wippleman, angry at Tatanka, PJ Walker, Tony Chimel and at the whole world, actually."

Heenan: "And he has every reason to be! Tatanka might cost him an Intercontinental Title shot tonight, Walker talks trash about him every chance he gets and Chimel...Well, he's just ugly."

Vince: "Let's get to some more action!"

Brooklyn Brawler vs. The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

This match didn't really take place, and was declared a no contest. Brooklyn Brawler was already in the ring, as the lights went out and were turned on before The Undertaker got to the ring, because Razor Ramon attacked him and Paul Bearer from behind. Razor gives The Undertaker a few rights and rams his head into the steel barricade a few times. Then he gives him two Razor's Edges on the concrete and leaves to a big heat from the crowd.

Vince: "What a cowardly act by Razor Ramon!"

Heenan: "What a brilliant move! He certainly showed Taker who's boss around here."

Vince: "That's not going to be enough for him this Sunday when he faces Big Bossman. He has to wrestle in that match like a man!"

Heenan: "He can wrestler like a woman and still beat that Bossman."

Vince: "Well, they're taking Paul Bearer and The Undertaker on gurneys right now, and we'll have to continue with the show and some more action!"

Before the match, Vince takes us to footage of why is Bob Backlund not at Crush's side tonight.

Tricky

Bob Backlund and Crush are standing in their locker rooms, Crush in his wrestling gear and Backlund in his All-American jacket. Backlund says some words of encouragement to Crush and tells him he'll meet him in the entranceway. Backlund takes care of some more business when suddenly Ted DiBiase arrives and attacks him. He locks in the Chicken Wing and doesn't let go. Backlund screams in pain and only about 10 officials are able to separate the two.

Bob Backlund gained overness from this segment.

Crush vs IRS (w/ Jimmy Hart and Ted DiBiase)

IRS arrives second and Crush attacks him with knees to start the match off. Crush kicks IRS in the gut and hits a big piledriver. He covers and IRS barely kicks out. Anguish goes for commercials and when we come back IRS is already in control. IRS uses a few forearms and a Russian legsweep. IRS covers and gets 2. IRS stomps away at Crush and covers for another 2 count. Crush gets up and Jimmy Hart taunts him. IRS rolls him up in a school boy for another 2 count. IRS takes Crush down with a clothesline and goes for a big elbow drop, but Crush moves out of the way. Crush controls the match a bit more and hits a great spinebuster for a 2 count. Crush sends IRS to the opposite corner and hits him with a few rights until the ref breaks it. IRS then takes down Crush by his feet and covers with his feet on the ropes. 1...2...3. IRS rolls to the outside and Jimmy Hart and Ted DiBiase raise his arm in victory. Crush is angry and he chases them to the back.

Vince: "IRS steals another victory, but I'm sure Money Inc. and Jimmy Hart will pay for it once Crush gets hold of them."

Heenan: "Jimmy Hart is a wonderful tactician. He took out Backlund and then had the advantage of no one ruining the match for IRS. Classic Jimmy Hart."

Vince: "Exactly. Classic Jimmy Hart. We're moments away from the Inter...."

Owen Hart's music starts playing as he joins the announcers at their table.

Up Close

Vince: "Owen Hart, it's a pleasure to have you with us. How do you feel about the upcoming match for the Intercontinental Title?"

Owen: "Well, Vince, I'm going to say a sentence I never thought I'd say: I agree with Harvey Wippleman. I too have mixed feelings towards the match. On the one hand, I've been keeping my eye on that WWF Intercontinental Title for a long time and if Shawn Michaels wins tonight, I finally get that title shot this Sunday. On the other hand, Tatanka is a friend of mine. He's a great wrestler and a hell of a guy. I just prefer to watch it from here and see who the better wrestler is."

Vince: "Aren't you afraid of any dirty tricks by Shawn at Blackout?"

Owen: "Vince, I'm not new to the WWF. I've been with meaner guys than Shawn Michaels. I don't want to take anything from him, he's a great wrestler and he's the Intercontinental Champion for a reason, but I'm ready for anything Shawn tries this Sunday."

Vince: "Now let's go to the match we've all been waiting for - Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka for the WWF Intercontinental Championship!"

Tatanka vs Shawn Michaels © (For The WWF Intercontinental Title)

The two lock up to start it off and Michaels hits two consecutive bodyslams. Shawn runs to the ropes, ducks a Tatanka clothesline attempt and hits a forearm-kick up combo. HBK takes Tatanka and rams him into each and every turnbuckle. Anguish goes to commercials and when we come back Tatanka is in control. Tatanka drops a few rights and picks Michaels up. Small package gets 2. Tatanka takes Michaels down with some tomahawk chops and goes to the top. He hits another tomahawk chop. Tatanka starts his dance and the crowd is pumped up. He quickly covers and gets 2. Tatanka controls the match some more and goes for the End of the Trail, but Michaels hits the ref with his legs during it. Tatanka hits it and covers but the ref is out. The Mountie comes running down the aisle, climbs to the top and smacks Tatanka with the megaphone. Owen Hart comes running in and the brawl is on. The ref wakes up and Michaels crawls towards Tatanka and covers. Michaels gets the three count and retains his title. after the match Owen, Tatanka, HBK and the Mountie brawl it off.

The WWF Intercontinental has Title gained in image

Vince: "What a situation! And I guess it's Shawn Michaels vs. Owen Hart for the Intercontinental Title this Sunday!"

Heenan: "Shawn is the best Intercontinental Champion a federation could ask for. And he'll lose that title only when he decides the time is right."

Unoriginal Hype

Ric Flair is walking backstage, getting ready for his upcoming match as Vince hypes the match up a bit, and also hyping Bret-Flair with Savage as ref at Blackout.

[Commercials]

Koko B. Ware vs Ric Flair (non-title)

Koko actually got some shots in to start it off but made his mistake by going for a suplex, which of course was blocked into a Flair suplex. Flair picks Koko up and hits a belly to belly suplex. He kicks away at Koko, does his little walking thing, gives a Wooo and locks in the Figure Four Leglock. Koko quickly submits and Flair wins it. Flair's music plays as Bret Hart comes out and the two have a face off as Anguish goes off the air.

Overall rating: 72

TV rating: 5.90

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF Blackout - Official Preview!

WWF Blackout is this Sunday from Madison Square Garden! You can catch it LIVE on USA Network!

Damien Demento (w/ Harvey Wippleman) vs. Tatanka

Demento and Wippleman are a little disappointed of Tatanka failing to win the WWF Intercontinental Title this last Monday on Anguish, and so this match is non-title.

Demento's last five matches:

Beat Repo Man on WWF Superstars.

Lost along with Repo Man and The Mountie to The Bushwhackers and PJ Walker on Monday Night Anguish.

Drew PJ Walker on Monday Night Anguish.

Lost to Owen Hart on WWF Superstars.

Lost along with Skinner to the Steiner Brothers on WWF Superstars.

Tatanka's last five matches:

Lost to Shawn Michaels for the WWF Intercontinental Title on Monday Night Anguish.

Beat The Berzerker on WWF Superstars.

Lost to Doink on Monday Night Anguish.

Lost to The Mountie for the WWF TV Title at The Royal Rumble.

Lost a 10-men battle royal for the WWF TV Title on Monday Night Anguish.

Razor Ramon vs. Big Bossman (w/ Mr. Perfect)

Razor is on a role lately after taking out The Undertaker on the last edition of Monday Night Anguish. With Perfect by his side, Bossman is not someone to rule out.

Razor's last five matches:

Beat Barry Horowitz on WWF Superstars.

Lost to Owen Hart on Monday Night Anguish.

Lost The Royal Rumble.

Beat Marty Jannetty and Owen Hart with Shawn Michaels as a tag team partner.

Beat PJ Walker on WWF Superstars.

Beastly Beauty(w/ Jerry Lawler) vs. The Steiners

Both teams have been feuding since Beastly Beauty first appeared as a tag team. With Jerry Lawler as their manager, Bam Bam and Martel gained momentum and got impressive wins against such teams as Natural Disasters, Big Bossman and Marty Jannetty and even The Steiners at The Royal Rumble. That win was not earned fair and square and that's why the rematch was booked.

Yokozuna (w/ Mr. Fuji vs. Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan dominated the WWF last decade. Many people think that Yoko has the potential to dominate it this decade. His first step should be to beat the starlet of the past, but can he?

Yokozuna's last five matches:

Beat the Kamikaze Kid on Monday Night Anguish.

Beat Koko B. Ware on WWF Superstars.

Lost The Royal Rumble.

Beat Barry Hardy on WWF Superstars.

Beat Glenn Ruth on WWF Superstars.

Hulk Hogan's last five matches:

Beat Barry Horowitz on WWF Superstars.

Beat Money Inc. on Monday Night Anguish with Randy Savage as a tag team partner.

Beat Beau Beverly on WWF Superstars.

Won The Royal Rumble.

Beat Sid Justice at Wrestlemania 8.

For the WWF Intercontinental Championship: Owen Hart vs. Shawn Michaels ©

This situation started when HBK used dirty tricks to pin Owen in a tag team match also involving Razor Ramon and then no. 1 contender for Michaels' title, Marty Jannetty. One week later Shawn attacked Owen after his match against Glenn Ruth. Owen saved Marty Jannetty after his lost to Shawn Michaels at The Royal Rumble. The two have been exchanging verbal and physical blows ever since and this Sunday they finally meet in the ring.

For the WWF Championship: Ric Flair © vs. Bret Hart. Special guest referee: Randy Savage

This goes back to late 1992, when Bret beat Flair for the title and kept it until The Royal Rumble, when Flair got his rematch and regained his title. Bret said it would only be fair that Flair will give him a rematch as well and to make sure the match will be fair, Randy Savage was appointed as the special guest referee. Who will come out the better wrestler? Tune in to Blackout to find out!

You are more than welcomed to post your predictions

Damien Demento (w/ Harvey Wippleman) vs. Tatanka

I'm was disappointed that you let Tatanka'a undefeated streak end with so little fanfare, and would prefer him to win here to get back on track, but I think Demento's push will continue.

Razor Ramon vs. Big Bossman (w/ Mr. Perfect)

Hopefully da bad guy gets pushed right to the top. Perfect hasn't worked out to well as a manager for his clients so far.

Beastly Beauty(w/ Jerry Lawler) vs. The Steiners

The Steiners need this IMO to go on to Wrestlemania for the titles. I like Beastly Beauty though, and they can still be a good team despite a loss here.

Yokozuna (w/ Mr. Fuji vs. Hulk Hogan

Yeah, I'm a Hogan mark. <_<

For the WWF Intercontinental Championship: Owen Hart vs. Shawn Michaels ©

Too early for Owen, and Shawn needs this to be a credible champ.

For the WWF Championship: Ric Flair © vs. Bret Hart. Special guest referee: Randy Savage

Flair over Hart via Savage turn. Leading to Bret - Savage and Hogan - Flair at WM. Just a hunch ...

Pre-Show

Video footage of all the wrestlers wrestling tonight is shown, with special emphasis on Flair-Bret. The shot then goes to the arena, where former WWF Champion Bruno Sammartino is spotted. He waves to the camera and Mr. Perfect gets into the frame. They talk a bit and shake hands.

Gorilla: "Welcome everyone to the first ever WWF Blackout special right here on USA Network! I'm Gorilla Monsoon, along side me Bobby 'The Weasel' Heenan."

Heenan: "Sticks and bones may break my bones but your words will never hurt me again, Monsoon! Nothing can spoil my mood because tonight it's going to be THE night for Ric Flair as he proves his superiority against Bret Hart once and for all."

Gorilla: "Also tonight, the WWF Intercontinental Title on the line as The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels meets The Rocket Owen Hart!"

Heenan: "Owen Hart belongs to lesser matches against lesser opponents. Let him wrestle his brother instead!

Gorilla: "Will you stop?!"

Damien Demento vs Tatanka

Demento tries to attack Tatanka the second the Native American gets in the ring, but Tatanka moves out of the way and Demento ends up crashing into the turnbuckle. Tatanka sends Demento the opposite turnbuckle and squashes him with a clothesline. Tatanka picks Demento up and bodyslams him. He waits for Demento to get up and hits him with another clothesline. Tatanka locks in an arm bar and holds it for a couple of minutes. Tatanka works a bit more on Demento's arm and hits an arm breaker. Tatanka locks in another arm bar and Demento uses the hair to send Tatanka to the ropes. Demento lowers his head but Tatanka kicks it and uses an atomic drop. Tatanka sends Demento to the turnbuckle and hits an avalanche. Backdrop out of the corner by Tatanka. Backbreaker by Tatanka. Tatanka executes a bulldog and seems to be in control as Harvey Wippleman is helpless. Tatanka is too smart to get near him. Or is he? Tatanka hits Demento with a few chops and a DDT. He picks Demento up and hits a Death Valley Driver. This slaughter continues for a couple of more minutes until Demento surprisingly takes the advantage following a grab of the foot by Wippleman. Ah, Tatanka, Tatanka. Will you ever learn? Demento immediately takes the advantage with a few double axe handles and a few elbows. Demento uses right hands to ware Tatanka out and then drops a few fists to his face. Demento goes up to the second rope and uses a flying clothesline to take Tatanka down again. Tatanka gets up and Demento takes him out again, this time using a shoulder block. Demento signals for his spinebuster and gets a heat. He sends Tatanka to the ropes, and ends up being sent himself. He goes for a wild clothesline, but Tatanka moves out of the way and the ref gets it. Wippleman gets in and tries to hit Tatanka with a chair, but Tatanka grabs him. Demento saves his manager and manages to hit that spinebuster. He locks in The Boston Crab and waits for the ref to regain consciousness. Wippleman tries to wake the ref up but PJ Walker comes running down the aisle. He takes Wippleman out with the Implant DDT and then starts to brawl with Demento. Dement takes the advantage and grabs the chair, but Walker dropkicks it right into his face. Demento is out, Wippleman is out, the ref is out, Tatanka is out and Walker is out of the ring. The first to show life signals is Tatanka who starts crawling towards Demento. He covers and then passes out again. Next is the ref who slowly counts! 1...........2..........3! Tatanka wins it and recovers. He does his little dance but suddenly The Mountie comes out of nowhere and tries to nail him from behind, but Tatanka goes on dancing and clotheslines Mountie out of the ring. He asks for a mic. He says he is sick of The Mountie's chicken little attacks and "wins" and that he says they should settle if once and for all at Wrestlemania 9 with no DQ. The Mountie nods and we have a match. Tatanka's music starts again and he goes on dancing as the shot goes back to the announcers' table.

56 (match)

59 (challenge)

Gorilla: "What a match for Wrestlemania! And what a match we've just had!

Heenan: "And this is only the beginning, Monsoon! We've got plenty of matches where that one came from!"

Gorilla: "And look at that! Here comes The Bad Guy!"

Heenan: "Mr. Machismo himself!"

Razor Ramon vs Big Bossman (w/ Mr. Perfect)

The two lock up and Bossman kicks him in the gut. Bossman tries to send Bossman to the ropes and lowers his head but Bossman uses it for a good Piledriver. Don't these guys ever learn? Bossman covers and gets 2. Bossman signals for the Bossman slam and sends Razor to the ropes, but Razor hangs on. Bossman runs in Razor's direction, but gets kicked in the face. Razor shows his strength by executing the fallaway slam on Bossman. It wasn't a very good one, but he still managed to execute it. He covers and gets 2. Another power move by Razor as he executes a backbreaker. Another cover gets 2. Razor sends Bossman to the ropes and hits a nice backdrop. Razor picks Bossman up and starts slapping him around, but Bossman hits a few uppercuts. Bossman gains the momentum and controls the match for a few more minutes. Razor is in bad shape and Bossman drops a few elbows on him. He covers and gets 2. Bossman hits a neckbreaker and things look good for him. Reverse DDT by Bossman finds the mark. Bossman goes for a big legdrop, but Ramon moves out of the way. Ramon clubs him with a few forearms to the back. Ramon locks in an abdominal stretch, but Bossman gets out of it. Ramon sends Bossman to the ropes and hits a spinebuster. Gorilla: "That's what Bossman uses to take rivals out!" That was a moment of stating the obvious with Gorilla Monsoon. Ramon covers and gets 2. Ramon uses a lot of strength to back suplex Bossman. He looks tired. Bossman gets up groggy and Ramon hits him with a tornado punch. Ramon taunts Perfect and gets a "You're going down, Ramon." in response. Ramon stomps Bossman around and goes for the Razor's Edge. Bossman reverses it and the two have a back and forth match until Bossman gets Ramon in the corner. Ramon takes him down by his feet and covers with his feet on the bottom rope. 1....2....3!! In a 1992 moment, Ramon gets the win over Bossman with his feet on the ropes. He celebrates and suddenly the arena goes dark. The Undertaker gongs play and the crowd erupts into a hysterical pop. An Undertaker promo appears on the screen: "Razor Ramon, your day will come. It will come soon. On March 21st, your soul will finally feast the creatures of the night. You will rest in piece." The Undertaker's music plays again as Razor has a very frightened look upon his face.

Gorilla: "Razor Ramon got his and another match was apparently made for Wrestlemania!"

Heenan: "The Undertaker can't let Razor enjoy his impressive victory for one second! He's just jealous because he doesn't have a match tonight."

Gorilla: "Well..(He is interrupted by Rick Martel's music) Well, I guess it's time for our next match!"

Beastly Beauty (w/ Jerry Lawler) vs The Steiner Brothers

Bam Bam and Scott start the match. And as WCW announcer Jim Ross would say: "And this is power vs. power here!" Wait, who IS the powerful Steiner? Never mind. We have a match to report. Bam Bam takes the advantage early in the match with a good airplane spin that takes Scott out of focus. Bam Bam takes advantage of Scott's grogginess to execute a bulldog. Bam Bam covers and gets 2. Tag in to Rick Martel. Bam Bam kicks Scott in the gut and Martel executes a snap suplex. Martel taunts Rick Steiner, who gets in and allows Beastly Beauty to stomp away at Scott. The match is in Beastly Beauty's control a couple of minutes with the occasional Rick-almost-tagged-in-but-the ref-didn't-see-it routine. Martel has a reverse chin lock on Steiner, who is helped by the crowd's cheers. He gets up and throws The Model off his back. Both men are down and both men get up almost at the same second. Martel gets up first and therefore has the advantage. He kicks Scott in the gut and goes for a suplex, but Scott blocks it and hits a brainbuster suplex. Both men are down again and Rick Steiner finally gets the hot tag. He smacks Martel, Bam Bam and Lawler. He takes Martel and hits a Russian legsweep.

Rick places Martel on the top rope and hits a superplex. He covers but Bam Bam breaks the count. Rick Martel goes for a Steiner Line, but Martel ducks and Rick runs right into a Bam Bam backdrop. He throws Rick back in and Martel tags him in. He hits a big belly to belly suplex on Rick, which gets an oooh from the crowd. Bam Bam hits a powerbomb, which gets another oooh. Bam Bam goes to the top and hits an elbow drop. Not really getting it good, but it was a nice try. Cover gets a very close 2. Bam Bam shows his agility by hitting Rick with a spinning wheel kick. Bam Bam goes to the top and tries to hit his Diving Headbutt but Rick gets out of the way a second before Bam Bam would've connected. Rick picks Bam Bam up and hits a jawbreaker. Steiner hits a kneedrop and looks to be in control again. Bam Bam gets up and Rick puts him in the corner with some chops. Martel gets in. The ref tries to stop him but Scott Steiner is there first. Rick Steiner climbs to the top. Lawler tries to take him down, but Scott Irish whips Martel right into him. Bam Bam Bigelow gets up and turns around. Flying Steiner Line! Rick covers! 1....2....3! The Steiners win it. The Steiners celebrate in the ring for a bit and then go to the back.

All the participants gained in overness from this feud ending.

Gorilla: "What a match! And what a great win for The Steiner Brothers!"

Heenan: "So it's one win for each time. That doesn't prove anything."

Gorilla: "Yes, it does. The Steiners got this win fair and square."

[Commercial brake]

(Yokozuna's music starts)

Heenan: "Do you hear that? That's the music of a man who's going to make some immortal sushi tonight!"

Yokozuna (w/ Mr. Fuji) vs Hulk Hogan

You gotta give those guys credit. It's not an easy task to get a good match out of each other, but at least they tried. A lot of stalling in this one. Both entrances took a lot of time. Yoko's ceremony was about 5 minutes and Hogan's posing was more like 7. The bell rang, but of course the match didn't actually start. The two stand in the middle of the ring and look each other in the eye. Yoko tried to get the first blow in, but Hogan blocked it and hit a couple of his own. He kicks Yoko in the gut and scratches his back. From then on, it was just Hogan trying to knock Yoko off his feet. The big man got tired, but just wouldn't go down. Hogan hits him with right hands to the face, kicks him in the gut, stomps his barefoot feet and clobbers him with forearms to the back, but nothing takes him down. Hogan goes to the top and drops a double axe handle. Yoko is groggy, but he just won't go down. Hogan does the same move again, and Yoko is on the verge of going down. Hogan gets a third one and the big man is down. Hogan quickly covers, but gets only 2. The crowd burst into a big heat as Ric Flair is coming down the aisle. Hogan tries to send Yoko to the ropes, but it's reversed and Yoko hits him with a knife edge chop. Yoko hits a few headbutts and looks happy with himself. Yoko takes him to the corner and tries to go for the Bonzai Drop, but Hogan moves out of the way. He starts Hulking up and the crowd goes crazy. Yoko tries to hit a few rights, but they don't affect Hogan, who signals Yoko is his target. He hits a few rights and sends Yoko the ropes. He hits the big boot and goes for the Legdrop from the corner, but the referee distracted by Mr. Fuji, Flair catches Hogan's foot. Hogan turns to Flair, but Yokozuna squashes him with the Bonzai Squash. Hogan drops and Yokozuna goes to the second rope. Bonzai Drop!!! 1....2....3!! Hogan is being treated by the EMT's as Flair, Fuji and Yoko laugh all the way to the back.

Gorilla: "What business is this of Flair's?"

Heenan: "Of course it's Flair's business. He wants to ware Hogan out before their match at Wrestlemania!"

Gorilla: "Well, he has to go through The Hitman tonight first!"

Heenan: "He will. Don't worry."

Gorilla: "It's time for our first title match of the night - Owen Hart, Shawn Michaels and the WWF Intercontinental Title on the line. And it's now!"

Owen Hart vs Shawn Michaels (For The WWF Intercontinental Title)

I'm not supposed to give out my opinion on matches, but this one was better than the main event by far. Those two have a bright future in the WWF. Fast paced match with no man being dominant. The two lock up and Owen sends Shawn to the ropes. Owen jumps over Shawn, Shawn jumps over Owen and Owen drops him with a drop toe hold. Shawn rolls to the outside, frustrated. He goes back and the match continues. They lock up again and Owen sends Shawn to the turnbuckle. Owen takes him down with a monkey flip and climbs to the top. Missile dropkick finds the mark. Owen covers and gets 2. Owen goes for the Sharpshooter, but Michaels rolls him up for two. They get up; HBK ducks a clothesline and hits a basement dropkick. Blackout takes a commercial brake and when it comes back Michaels hits his forearm-kick up combo. Michaels rams Owen's head into the turnbuckle several times and seems to be in control. He covers and gets 2. The two get up and Owen tries to kick Shawn in the gut. Shawn grabs his foot and Owen goes for an enzugiri, but Shawn ducks that too. Shawn takes Owen down with the dragon screw. He goes to the top and tries a splash to finish it, but Owen moves out of the way. The ref gets to 9 and Owen gets up. Owen picks HBK up and sends him to the ropes. Samoan drop finds the mark. Owen covers and gets a very close too. At this point, the crowd really starts to get into it. Owen sends Michaels to the turnbuckle chest first and rolls him in a school boy for another very close two. Owen picks HBK up and hits a butterfly suplex. Owen goes to the top and hits a flying cross body. The ref counts a very slow yet very close 2 count. From then on it was all Owen up until Shawn ducked a clothesline and hit a quick back neckbreaker. Shawn goes to the outside and gets a chair from the corner. The ref and Shawn argue for a bit and the ref takes it out of his hand. The ref goes to the outside to put the chair back in the end of the aisle, but Shawn uses this to go to the outside and grab the WWF Intercontinental belt. Owen gets up and Shawn clobbers him with it. Owen is out. Shawn covers and the ref is back in the ring! 1...2...3! Shawn gets the win, takes his belt and quickly goes to the back.

The WWF Intercontinental Title has gained in image.

Chimel Time!

Tony Chimel is standing in the back with Jim Cornette and The Kamikaze Kid.

Chimel: "Shawn Michaels retains his title, though not in a clean way. Right now I'm here with the new sensation of the WWF, The Kamikaze Kid, and his manager, Jim Cornette. Jim, I understand you have an announcement concerning Wrestlemania."

Cornette: "Oh, yeah, I have an announcement. You know, I came to the WWF; I took The Kamikaze Kid under my wing for a very specific reason! And that is the non-stop attacks by that jealous has-been, The Dynamite Kid, and his weirdo manager, Brother Love. I came to even the score, so to speak. I came to make justice. And justice is what I'll make. You see, The Kamikaze Kid and I are sick of these attacks from behind, in the back and wherever. I want the two to settle it in the only place that counts - in the ring. That's right. I'm calling The Dynamite Kid for a match against The Kamikaze Kid at Wrestlemania 9, at Ceaser's Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada. Brother Love was right. There is room for only one kid in the WWF and you're looking at him right now (The camera focuses on The Kamikaze Kid.) Oh, and don't get it wrong, Dynamite Kid and Brother Love. This isn't a request. It's a demand."

Chimel: "Back to you, Gorilla."

Jim Cornette gained overness from this segment.

Gorilla: "So let's sum up the evening so far. Tatanka beat Damien Demento and was attacked by The Mountie. So those two will meet at Wrestlemania. Razor Ramon beat Big Bossman but didn't get a lot of time to celebrate because he will meet The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. The Kamikaze Kid and The Dynamite Kid will also meet in Wrestlemania, which seems to be the greatest event of all time. It will be available on PPV March 20th, live from Las Vegas, Nevada! Right now, it's finally time for our main event!"

Ric Flair © vs Bret Hart (For The WWF World Title) Special guest referee: Randy Savage

A tough contender for the best match of the night, but it was a little too long. However, it got the strongest crowd reaction of the evening. A lot of taunting in the beginning. They look each other in the eye, lock up and go to different directions. They do it again. They do it the third time, and Flair takes Bret down with a headlock. He taunts the crowd and Bret uses it to get a backslide for 2. They get up and Bret gets a small package for another 2. Flair kicks the bottom rope, rolls to the outside and rolls back in. They lock up again and Bret sends Flair to the ropes. Bret goes for a dropkick, but Flair holds onto the rope. Bret crashes and Flair gives the crowd and Savage a wooo. Flair picks Bret up and hits a back suplex. Flair picks Bret up again and hits a belly to belly suplex. He covers and gets 2. Flair picks Bret up and hits a northern lights suplex for another 2. Flair shows Bret how to hit a dropkick by getting great elevation. Flair kicks away at Bret, who hangs on to Flair's foot. Bret gets up and hits a dragon screw. Bret quickly covers and gets 2. Stomach crusher gets another 2 count. Bret hooks the leg and gets another 2. Bret kicks Flair and hits a double arm suplex. Bret goes for a suplex, but Flair slides out the back door and hits a clothesline. Flair picks Bret up and hits a suplex. He covers and gets 2. Flair yells at Savage and Bret rolls him up in a school boy for 2. Flair kicks him in the gut and hits a few chops. Bret counters a right hand with a few of his own and takes the advantage. The match stays in his control until he goes for a DDT and Flair reverses it into a northern lights suplex. Flair hits a few double axe handles and a right hand that takes Bret down. Flair locks in another headlock, which Bret gets out of by sending Flair to the ropes. Flair takes him down with a clothesline and hits a shin breaker. Flair points at the turnbuckle and starts to rip it off. Savage shoves him away and fixes it. While Savage is working on the turnbuckle, Flair low blows Bret. He hits a few more chops and takes Bret out of the corner with an inverted atomic drop. He slams Bret down and does his taunting walk again. Flair hits another suplex and looks pleased with himself. Flair sends Bret to the turnbuckle and pokes him in the eye. Savage threatens with a right hand and Flair backs down. He hits some more chops and punches until Bret crashes out of the corner. Flair

sends him to the turnbuckle chest first and grabs Bret's tights. Savage notices that and breaks the hold by kicking Flair's arm. Bret barely gets up and Flair kicks his knee to take him down again. He stomps away at Bret and drops a few knees and elbows. Flair continues to work on Bret's leg with locks and kicks. Flair sends Bret to the turnbuckle and squashes him with a clothesline. Flair hits another one and then proceeds to kick Bret's knees. Flair chops Bret and drives a few shoulders into his gut. Flair takes Bret down and covers with his feet on the ropes, but Savage kicks his feet and Bret uses that to come out with a sunset flip position for 2. Flair quickly squashes Bret in the turnbuckle again, runs to the ropes and hits a shoulder block. Flair drops a few elbows and covers. Bret gets the shoulder up and Flair hits a neckbreaker. Another cover gets another 2 count. Flair sends Bret to the ropes and hits a backdrop. Another suplex by Flair, who seems to have things going his way. He hits a DDT, another suplex, a clothesline and what not. He grabs Bret's hair and drops him to the mat. Flair signals for the figure four and gets it. Bret doesn't quit and counters it in to the Sharpshooter. Savage asks Flair if he wants to quit, but Flair is too close to the ropes and grabs them. They both get up groggy and Bret is the first one to hit something, when he executes an inverted atomic drop and a clothesline. Bret covers nonchalantly and gets 2. He sends Flair to the turnbuckle and hits a couple of uppercuts. Bret slams Flair down and taunts the crowd, who is cheering like crazy. He hits a backbreaker and gets a 2 count. Bret hits a Russian legsweep and an elbow drop from the second rope. A cover gets a slow 2 count. Bret takes Flair down with a fireman's carry and gets a headlock. Flair grabs Bret's hair and sends him to the ropes. The two butt heads and go down. They exchange rights and Flair takes the advantage. Flair hits a few chops and a DDT. As expected, he gives another wooo. Flair gives Bret some chops, but gets a right hand back. Flair hits a chop, Bret returns one. Bret takes the advantage with a few rights and a headbutt. Flair walks backwards and goes down in his own Flair, dramatic way. Flair gets up and says "No" to Bret, who takes down his straps in return. He hits a few rights and Flair breaks it with a poke to the eye. Flair locks in an abdominal stretch for about 2 minutes, until the crowd reaction gets stronger and stronger and Bret gets out of it with a hip toss. Bret stands in the corner with Flair's head and hits a bulldog. Bret drops a few elbows on Flair's face and covers, again without hooking the leg, for another 2 count. Bret sends Flair to the ropes and locks in a sleeper. Flair quickly backs into the corner and Bret gets squashed. Flair controls the match and wares Bret down for about 10 minutes until Bret gets out of an armbar with right hands and an armbar of his own. Bret legdrops Flair's arm and holds on until Bret grabs his hair and sends him to the ropes. They hit a double clothesline and they're both down until Savage reaches 8. They exchange rights and Bret sends Flair to the turnbuckle. He squashes him with a clothesline, gets on the second rope and hits ten consecutive right hands. Bret places Flair on the top rope and hits a superplex. He covers and gets a very close 2. Bret tries to Irish whip Flair, but it is reversed. Bret hits a cross body for another very close 2. This is where the crowd gets the loudest with a huge pop to Bret for every move. The people count every cover along with Savage. Bret goes for an elbow drop, but Flair moves out of the way. Flair hits a German suplex bridge and gets 2. Bret looks out and Flair goes to the top. Bret, of course, was playing possum and takes Flair down. Bret looks at the crowd and signals for The Sharpshooter. Bret locks it in and Savage goes to the outside. He brings the belt in and the crowd bursts into a huge pop. Bret drops The Sharpshooter, but Savage clocks him in the head with the belt! The huge pop turns into an even huger heat. Savage goes to the top and hits The Savage Elbow! Flair covers with only his foot on top of Bret. 1...2...3! Heenan leaves the announcers' table and gets into the ring. The three raise each other's hand. Flair and Savage celebrate as Heenan goes to the back. He comes back with a bag full of cash. He gives it to Savage and the three raise each other's hand as Blackout goes off the air.

Bret Hart gained overness from the feud ending. The WWF World Title has gained in image.

Overall rating: 78

Attendance: 14729

Newsflash!

And Back To Heel!

"Macho Man" Randy Savage, one of the top faces in the WWF, turned on Bret Hart as a special guest referee at Blackout this past Sunday. In a match between Hart and Ric Flair for the WWF Championship, Bret seemed to have everything in order for a second title reign, but Savage hit him with the WWF Title belt and gave him The Savage Elbow. Savage counted the three and Flair retained his title. As it seems right now, Flair will meet Hulk Hogan for the belt at Wrestlemania 9.

Other results:

Tatanka d. Damien Demento and challenged The Mountie for a TV Title match at Wrestlemania.

Razor Ramon d. Big Bossman and was challenged to a match against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

The Steiner Brothers d. Beastly Beauty when Rick pinned Bigelow.

Yokozuna d. Hulk Hogan.

Shawn Michaels d. Owen Hart and retained his WWF Intercontinental Title.

The Kamikaze Kid and Jim Cornette challenged The Dynamite Kid for a match at Wrestlemania.

*WWF Fires Typhoon!

After several weak performances, Typhoon of the Natural Disasters' contract was terminated. It is believed that his tag team partner, Earthquake, will go back to singles matches.

*Lex Luger Furious Backstage!

"The Narcissist" Lex Luger, who came into the WWF with a big bang following the failure of Vince McMahon's bodybuilding league, is said to be angry at McMahon and other WWF bookers. Luger gave a good performance at the Royal Rumble and was eliminated last, and wrestled on Monday Night Anguish the following day, but hasn't been in broadcasted action ever since. He is now considering his future at the federation.

[Monday Night Anguish 2/15/93!

Vince: "Blackout is over and the road to Wrestlemania begins today! Hi everyone, welcome to Monday Night Anguish. I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan. Folks, if you joined us last night for Blackout we'd like to thank you and if you didn't, you missed one of the most shocking moments in WWF history. Bret Hart had the match against Ric Flair won, he...had the title in his hands, but then Randy Savage came and did something so unpredictable, so low. He hit The Hitman right between the eyes with the belt and then gave him The Savage Elbow. That put Bret Hart in the hospital and he is not here tonight. Bobby Heenan, I guess you had something to do with that."

Heenan: "Haha! I told you all along! I told you Ric Flair had nothing to worry about and I knew what I was talking about. Randy Savage finally saw the light! And I just helped him reach it!"

Vince: "What light are you talking about? You two made Blackout a really dark event. Anyway, fans, tonight we have a great show for you. The WWF Tag Team Championship will be on the line as Money Inc. take on The Steiner Brothers. Also tonight, we have a huge tag team match between the Intercontinental Champion, Shawn Michaels, and the TV Champion, The Mountie, and Tatanka and Owen Hart. We also have Razor Ramon in action and...Oh, no."

Explanation

"Macho Man" Randy Savage's music hits to a very big heat and he comes to the ring. He climbs all four turnbuckles and with each turnbuckle the heat gets bigger. He asks for a mic: "Oooooooh yeah!!! (Heat) The Macho Man is in town! You know, every since last night little kids have been coming to me and asking me: 'Why, Macho Man? Why did you do it?' And I tell them...Well, I tell them to shut up because it's none of their business! But it's about time I tell this to the people. Not because I owe you something, but because I want you to stop nagging me. You see, last year I won the WWF Championship and I was on top of the world! But then Ric Flair won the title, and lost it to Bret Hart, which is legitimate. I accept that. But then, after Ric Flair regained his title, the spot of the number contender is open again! Now who should the number 1 contender be? Shouldn't it be the best wrestler, the man who proved he can beat Ric Flair, the man who gave the WWF it all from the day he arrived? Well, apparently not! Bret Hart gets the title shot! So I talked to Captain Lou into appointing me as special referee in that match. So I made sure the WWF Championship will maintain its dignity. I know what you're thinking, or maybe not because you're just a bunch of idiots, but why did Macho Man help a man who feuded with him for a long time? Well, there is an old saying that says: 'If you can't beat them, join them.' And that's just what I did! I joined Flair and I beat who I can beat, and that is Bret Hart, the most overrated champion in WWF history! Oooh yeah!" His music starts playing again as he goes to the back.

Randy Savage gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "My god. Fans, I don't know what has come over Randy Savage."

Heenan: "He saw the light McMahon! He is now one of us! He showed everyone he's a man!"

Vince: "A man is someone who helps his friends and doesn't stab them in the back, Bobby Heenan. Let's go to the ring."

PJ Walker vs Yokozuna (w/ Mr. Fuji)

Walker starts his offence right when Yokozuna gets in with rights and lefts. Walker hits a few consecutive dropkicks, which grogs the big man. Walker goes to the top and hits a missile dropkick, which almost takes Yoko down. Walker goes to the top and hits a moonsault. Yoko is down! Walker quickly covers and gets a close 2. Yokozuna gets up again and Walker hits a couple of more rights. A few kicks by Walker and a bodyslam attempt, which is blocked by a forearm to the back by Yokozuna. Yoko controls the match a bit more and misses a Bonzai Drop. Walker tries to hit a cross body, but Yoko catches him in mid air and sends him over the top. Damien Demento comes down the aisle but Walker hits him with some rights and a dropkick. Walker rolls back in and slides between Yokozuna's legs. He hits a double basement dropkick and takes Yokozuna down again. Walker sets up his patented super kick as Vince and the crowd goes crazy. Mr. Fuji climbs to the apron and the ref restrains him. Walker goes for the superkick, but Demento grabs his foot. Walker turns around and Yoko Bonzai splashes him. Yokozuna goes to the second rope and hits the Bonzai Drop. 1 - 2 - 3. Yokozuna gets the win.

Vince: "Walker was so close for a sensational win over the man who beat Hulk Hogan last night, and Demento stole it away from him!"

Heenan: "Just like Walker did to Demento last night in his match against Tatanka."

Vince: "Right now let's go to an announcement from authority team member, Captain Lou Albano."

Booking Mania

Captain Lou Albano is sitting in his office, which is a funny segment already. He says that due to the controversial circumstances in which their match ended last night, Shawn Michaels and Owen Hart will meet again for the Intercontinental Title, at Wrestlemania, inside a steel cage.

Vince: "My god! Shawn Michaels and Owen Hart! In a steel cage! At Wrestlemania!"

Heenan: "It's going to be huge, McMahon! Shawn is going to get himself in the history books as the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time! That I haven't managed..."

Vince: "Yeah, right. We're going to take a quick commercial brake but still to come is the WWF Tag Team Championship match between Money Inc. and The Steiner Brothers!"

Heenan: "And don't forget the huge tag match coming up next, which involves the Intercontinental Champion AND the TV Champion!"

Vince: "Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Pre-recorded

Ric Flair is standing in the pre-recorded comments studio. Background color: Blue! Let's start the talking: "Look at that! (close up on the WWF Championship) You know what that is? That is the proof that I, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, am the best wrestler alive. I, the lear-jet-flying, caviar-eating son of a gun, rule this federation. And I have since the moment I got here. I won the royal rumble last year to become a one time WWF Champion. I beat Randy Savage, a man who I respect as my brother today, after he saw the light, to be a 2 time champion. And I beat Bret Hart just a month ago to become a 3 time champion, and I'm not intending to be a 4 time champion because I will NEVER let go of this title. I proved it to Bret Hart, I'll prove it to Hulk Hogan and I'll prove it to every man who dares to stand in my way to immortality. Hulk Hogan thinks that he is immortal? Well, wait and see what happens when he gets in the ring with The Nature Boy! So Wrestlemania is a month away, and I'm pumped up to go at it now! But I'm a man with class; I'm a man with style. I'm a man who can wait a couple of more weeks to beat Hulk Hogan and humiliate them on the biggest stage there is! The grand-daddy of them all! Wrestlemania 9! You know, I've said before and I'll say it again - to be the man, you've got to beat the man. And I've beaten ever man who dared to try and beat me. And Hogan, come Wrestlemania, you'll just be another victim. Wooo!"

Vince: "The WWF Champion sounds very confident coming into probably the biggest challenge in all of his title reigns. The 4 time WWF Champion, probably the best wrestler of all time, the immortal Hulk Hogan."

Heenan: "McMahon, I haven't heard so much lies in one sentence! Best wrestler? Toughest challenge? immortal? Ric Flair is the best wrestler of all time, Randy Savage was his toughest challenge and nobody's immortal except for The Nature Boy! Wooo!"

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan."

Ready

Tatanka is walking backstage. He runs into Owen Hart, who gets out of his dressing room. Tatanka asks if he's ready and Owen says that he's more ready than ever. Owen says let's go and the camera goes back to the ring.

The Mountie and Shawn Michaels (w/ Jimmy Hart) vs Tatanka and Owen Hart

Shawn Michaels is the first man to get into the ring, and once he sees Owen is in first, he tags in Mountie to a big heat. Mountie offers his hand, Owen accepts it and Mountie takes it away. He turns around to taunt the crowd and turns back around to a dropkick. Owen continues to dominate the match with high-flying action until Mountie evades a drop toe hold and drops an elbow. Mountie goes for a back suplex, but Owen lands on his feet and tags in Tatanka. Tatanka hits a couple of elbows on Mountie and a neckbreaker. Cover gets 2. Tatanka hits a couple of tomahawk chops and goes for a backdrop, but Mountie kicks him in the face. Mountie hits a good suplex and tags Michaels in. Michaels hits a nice dropkick and taunts Owen. Owen gets in, the ref restrains him and the heels double team The Native American. Michaels and Mountie continue to dominate Tatanka until he starts his dance and tags in Owen Hart. Owen hits a flying forearm and a right hand to Mountie. He sends Michaels to the corner and hits a tornado DDT. Cover gets a very close 2. Owen sends Michaels to the turnbuckle and takes him down with a monkey flip. Owen tries to hit a Piledriver, but Shawn turns it into a rana. Michaels holds onto the second rope! 1...2...3!! Michaels rolls to the outside and he and The Mountie go to the back, victorious.

Vince: "My god! He's done it again!"

Heenan: "Haha! Great! McMahon, when is the Tag Team Championship match?"

Vince: "It's still to come, Bobby. But up next we've got Razor Ramon in action! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

McMahon Time

Vince McMahon is standing in the middle of the ring: "Ladies and gentlemen, Brother Love and The Dynamite Kid!"

Brother Love and The Dynamite Kid come out to a big heat. The Dynamite Kid raises his arms, Brother Love applauds him and the crowd responds with a heat.

Vince: "Brother Love, if you will for a moment. Last night on Blackout the Kamikaze Kid and his manager, Jim Cornette, put up a challenge to your client, The Dynamite Kid, for a kid vs. kid match at Wrestlemania. Do you accept that challenge?"

Brother Love: "You know, Vince McMahon, that's an excellent question. I just LOVE questions like that, but first let me promote The Brother Love, which is coming back next week to Monday Night Anguish! My first guest will be none other than the man you love so much, the immortal Hulk Hogan! (Big pop)"

Vince: "Yes, that's great, but if you can concentrate on the question please. Will we see The Dynamite Kid wrestling The Kamikaze Kid at Wrestlemania?"

Brother Love: "You know, Vince, when I came back to the WWF last month I was shocked by the fact that someone was trying to take The Dynamite Kid's place! And I said there is only room for one kid in the WWF, and that is The Dynamite Kid and we will in fact prove that at Wrestlemania. In other words, Cornette, Kamikaze Kid - you're on!"

Vince: "Brother Love and The Dynamite Kid!"

The two get a big heat as they leave the ring.

Brother Love gained overness from this segment.

Back Action

Razor Ramon is shown beating the hell out of The Undertaker, hitting him with the urn a couple of times. Paul Bearer is getting up, but Ramon clobbers him as well. Officials come and restrain Ramon, but he still gets the chance to tell The Undertaker he can surprise The Undertaker also.

Repo Man vs Razor Ramon

Ramon got a big heat than usual, due to his actions prior to the match.

Vince: "We're going to take another brake and when we come back - Razor in action! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Repo Man is actually in control as Anguish comes back from commercials, but that doesn't last long as Ramon hits a bodyslam to regain momentum. A few rights by Ramon are followed by a neckbreaker Ramon drops a few elbows, but Repo Man rolls out of the way and gains momentum. Repo Man drops a few knees and quickly locks in the half crab. Ramon uses his leg strength to get out of it and Repo goes flying to the outside from the impact. Ramon rams Repo into the post and rolls him back in. Razor hits the Razor's Edge and covers. 1...2...3!! Razor kicks Repo to the outside and celebrates in the ring.

Video Hype

"Same venue": Clips of all of Hogan's Wrestlemania wins. "Same wrestlers": Clips of the Ric Flair-Randy Savage match from Wrestlemania 8 and a couple of more Flair-jobber matches. "Completely different circumstances": A Flair-Hogan confrontation from last year. "Wrestlemania 9, coming to you LIVE on PPV March 20th. Check local listings."

Vince: "Indeed Wrestlemania should be huge. Right now it's time for our main event!"

Money Inc. © (w/ Jimmy Hart) vs The Steiner Brothers (For The WWF Tag Team Titles)

Rick and IRS start the match. IRS goes for a right hand but Rick ducks and hits a Russian legsweep. Rick Steiner places IRS on the top rope and hits a superplex. The crowd is surprised to see such a high impact move so early in the match. Rick gets the cover and almost the 3 count. Rick picks IRS up and tags his brother in. Double backdrop by The Steiner Brothers. Scott picks IRS up and hits a brainbuster. Scott covers and gets 2. Snap suplex is followed by another close 2 count. Scott continues to dominate the match until a poke to the eye breaks his momentum. IRS hits a few forearms and tags in Ted DiBiase. DiBiase hits a good elevation dropkick on Scott and a backbreaker. DiBiase controls the match a bit more until he goes for a backdrop and Scott kicks right in the kisser. They're both down and Rick gets the hot tag. Rick clotheslines IRS off the apron and Steinerlines DiBiase. He barks and the crowd barks back. Rick covers and gets 2. Rick Steiner hits a butterfly suplex, which is executed better when his brother his it. Rick signals for something and places DiBiase on the top rope. He hits a huge belly to belly suplex to a big pop. At this point, the crowd really gets into this match. Rick barely covers for a very, very close 2 count. Rick gets a couple of more close 2 counts and finally goes to the top. He waits for DiBiase to get up, but IRS shoves him down. Rick lands on his feet and turns around, but DiBiase splashes him in the corner. IRS gets in and Scott after him. IRS and Scott brawl and the ref tries to separate them. Jimmy Hart throws the megaphone into the ring and DiBiase takes it. Rick gets up and DiBiase clobbers him with it. DiBiase throws the megaphone back to Jimmy Hart as IRS and Scott Steiner brawl on the outside. The ref turns around back to the ring action and counts DiBiase's cover. DiBiase gets the 3 count and the win. Money Inc. celebrate the win with Jimmy Hart, but as they turn around, The Steiner Brothers hit a triple Steinerline. They look angry as Vince raps up Anguish for this week.

The WWF Tag Team Titles have gained in image.

Overall rating: 78

TV rating: 5.81

Newsflash!

* Crush Injured!

The WWF have found themselves in a tough position after Crush, who was scheduled to participate in one of Wrestlemania's main matches, ripped his bicep during a house show in New York. Crush was injured during a match involving him, Bob Backlund and The Steiners against Money Inc. and The Headshrinkers. The match was ended in a double disqualification after a brawl and the medics attended to Crush, who will be out of action for at least 7 months. The WWF allowed themselves to expose their plan, which was to give The Unlikely Duo Money Inc.'s belts at Wrestlemania. Right now the future for the titles is vague.

* The New Generation!

In a recent survey conducted by WWF Magazine, the readers voted Bret Hart as their favorite wrestler. This survey has been conducted every year since 1990 and this is the first time Hulk Hogan didn't win the award, but came in second. The next three were The Undertaker, Owen Hart and Tatanka. Rumor has it that Randy Savage actually came in third, but the magazine didn't put him due to his recent heel turn. The top five heels were Ric Flair, Yokozuna, Lex Luger, Shawn Michaels and The Dynamite Kid.

* Shawn Michaels To Greater Things?

A reliable source told Newsflash that the plan for Shawn Michaels is to drop the Intercontinental Title to Owen Hart at Wrestlemania and move on to a feud with Hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship. This, however, does not fit into the plan for a huge storyline change coming after Wrestlemania. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

[Monday Night Anguish 2/22/93!

Vince: "Welcome everyone to another edition of Monday Night Anguish! Today is February 22nd, which means less than a month until Wrestlemania 9! Hi folks, I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan. Bobby, tonight we have a huge main event involving two of the greatest superstars in WWF history."

Heenan: "Yokozuna and The Undertaker. It doesn't get any bigger than that...literally."

Vince: "Also tonight, a very interesting 6-man tag team match as Beastly Beauty and Shawn Michaels take on Owen Hart, Earthquake and one of the most promising superstars in the WWF, Darren Malenko."

Heenan: "McMahon, I saw that Malenko debut last Saturday on Superstars and he is impressive. That Texas Clover Leaf of his will make anyone tap. Including Shawn Michaels. But look at this match; we have a big man on each side, a participant in the Intercontinental Title match at Wrestlemania on each side and a technical wrestler on each side. It should be a great match."

Vince: "The Steiner Brothers will also be in action tonight, but right now let's go to the ring and the comeback of The Brother Love Show!"

Brother Love Show

Brother Love is standing in the ring with a set that resembles his old classic set: "Welcome everyone to the revival of The Brother Love Show! The show that makes and breaks rules and superstars! Ladies and gentlemen, my first guest on the new Brother Love Show is a former 4 time WWF Champion, he beat them all: King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant, Randy Savage, Sgt. Slaughter, Sid Justice and the list goes on and on...of course he will never beat The Dynamite Kid, but he's all right. Ladies and gentlemen, the immortal Hulk Hogan!"

Hogan comes out to a huge pop and sits in a chair in front of Love's chair. There is an empty seat next to him.

Love: "Hogan, I want to thank you for joining us tonight. Wrestlemania 9, which will be your 9th Wrestlemania, is less than a month away. Just like you did two years ago, you come as a challenger for the WWF Championship. Do you honestly think you have a shot?"

Hogan: "You know something, Brother Love, I don't like your attitude, dude, but that's alright because the Hulkster has other things on his mind. I come out here and see all my Hulkamaniacs (Pop) cheer for me and it fills my hart with pride, brother. It reminds me every single day why I do this. I do this for all the little Hulkamaniacs. All the little dudes and dudets who say their prayers and take their vitamins. I do it for the red, the white and the blue brother and there is no one who can stop me, brother. Including Ric Flair."

Love: "You must have noticed, Hogan, that you have an empty seat. And that is because you're not the only guest tonight on The Brother Love Show. Ladies and gentlemen, I just LOVE our next guest. I'm a huge fan of this man. He is a 3 time WWF Champion. He beat them all: Randy Savage, Bret Hart and everyone who dared to stand in his way. Ladies and gentlemen, the WWF Champion - "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair!"

Flair comes out to a big heat. He taunts the crowd a bit and gets into the ring. He doesn't sit, but takes Love's mic. He seems intense."

Flair: "I can't stop you, Hogan? I can't stop you? Who do you think you're talking about? I'm the man who beat 29 other wrestlers last year at The Royal Rumble to become WWF Champion for the first time. A Royal Rumble that included you, Hogan! Sure, you have one title reign over me, but how long have you been in the WWF, Hogan? When was your first title reign? It was nearly 10 years ago, Hogan. I won this title 3 times in one year. One year, Hogan! I'm the best thing that has ever happened to the WWF! I'm the lear-jet-flying, caviar-eating son of a gun that brought this company to where it is! I'm The Nature Boy, Ric Flair. Hogan, you stopped being the man as soon as I got here. To be the man, you've got to beat the man and you couldn't, you still can't and you never will be able to beat the man, The Nature Boy, Ric Flair! Wooo!"

Flair goes out to a big heat but Hogan starts talking again: "You know something, Flair, you have a point. You did beat me at The Royal Rumble, with the help of Sid Justice, who's not here anymore. You did won this title 3 times over the last year, a year that I've been absent. But there's one thing you're way off on, brother. I could beat you last year, I can beat you today and I will beat you at Wrestlemania." His music starts to a big pop and Flair shouts some stuff without a mic, but Hogan isn't finished. "And by the way, Flair, whatcha gonna do when Hulk Hogan, all his little Hulkamaniacs and the 24 inch pythons at Wrestlemania 9, run wild on you?"

Hogan poses a bit in the ring.

Vince: "Hulk Hogan, everybody!"

Heenan: "Who does he think he is, talking to Flair like that?"

Vince: "He's the best wrestler in WWF history, that's who."

Heenan: "Although that's not true, you must emphasize the word history."

Vince: "Right now let's go to some pre-recorded comments from Harvey Wippleman and Damien Demento!"

Pre-recorded

Harvey Wippleman and Damien Demento are standing in the pre-recorded comments studio. Today's background: Red!

"PJ Walker. I'm sick of that little brat, PJ Walker. Damien gets the shot of his life! WWF Blackout! It doesn't get any bigger than that! Damien was going to beat Tatanka and perhaps finally get the shots he deserves! But then that PJ Walker brat comes and ruins everything! And then he's suddenly the victim because Damien cost him a match against Yokozuna? Well, first of all, Yokozuna is not Tatanka. Yokozuna is one of the best wrestlers in the WWF. He can beat every WWF superstar on any given day, excluding Damien of course. Tatanka is just a man who got lucky too many times. Second of all, and the more important thing is that Damien Demento is not PJ Walker. PJ Walker is a man who will lose to every WWF superstar on any given day. He would've lost to Yokozuna whether Damien interfered or not. Damien was just trying to make a point. Not only Walker can get cheap shots in. If Walker wants to make this a low blows confrontation he can. But it's time to put an end to it. Because I don't Damien to waste himself with matches against incompetent wrestlers such as PJ Walker. We're supposed to be on higher levels. Damien should be the one wrestling against Yokozuna and The Mountie and Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair. Damien will get to these levels, but first he has to go through Walker. And he will."

Vince: "Harvey Wippleman trying to justify Damien Demento's action last week and Bobby Heenan, I think a confrontation between the two of them is inevitable."

Heenan: "Inevitable indeed. Walker will be on The Brother Love Show next week and we might get some contact between the two. Finally."

(The Dynamite Kid's music starts)

Vince: "Well, speaking of Brother Love, here he comes right now with The Dynamite Kid!

The Dynamite Kid (w/ Brother Love) vs. Bret Hart

The two start the match with exchanging right hands. The Dynamite Kid kicks Bret in the gut and DDT's him. He taunts the crowd but Bret is up fast and gets a backslide for 2. They get up and Bret gets an inside cradle for another 2. The Kid tries to kick him, but Bret grabs his foot and hits a dragon screw. Cover gets 2. Bret picks The Dynamite Kid up and hits a stomach crusher. Double arm suplex by Bret gets him another close 2 count. Bret picks Dynamite Kid up and hits an inverted atomic drop. Bret runs to the ropes and hits a clothesline. He gets a 2 count and continues to dominate the match until The Dynamite Kid reverses an Irish whip. The Dynamite Kid has the control for a few minutes until Bret evades a dropkick. Bret continues his offence with a few uppercuts. Bret slams The Dynamite Kid and taunts the crowd. He locks in the Sharpshooter, but The Dynamite Kid is too close to the ropes. Bret drops an elbow to the back of Dynamite's head. A backbreaker is followed by a nonchalant cover for 2. Bret hits a Russian legsweep and an elbow drop from the second rope. Another nonchalant cover gets another 2 count. Bret locks in a headlock and The Dynamite Kid sends him to the ropes. The Dynamite Kid goes for a dropkick, but Bret catches his legs and locks in the Sharpshooter in the middle of the ring. The Dynamite Kid tries to get to the ropes, and Brother Love distracts the referee. The Kamikaze Kid comes running down the aisle and drops Brother Love. He hits a spinning legdrop and the ref goes back to the match. The Dynamite Kid is tapping like crazy and the ref calls for the bell. The Kamikaze Kid gets in and celebrates with Bret.

Vince: "Bret Hart - victorious!"

Heenan: "What business is this of Zit Boy?"

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan. Folks, still to come is our battle of the titans between Yokozuna and The Undertaker!"

Heenan: "And who's in action up next, McMahon?"

Vince: "The Steiner Brothers! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Vince: "Welcome back to Monday Night Anguish. Folks, during the brake Bret Hart sent a very interesting message to Randy Savage!"

Missed It

The Kamikaze Kid is no longer in the ring and Bret "The Hitman" Hart is there all alone. He has a mic: "You know, like him or not, The Dynamite Kid is one of the best wrestlers in the WWF (Heat). I've faced many good wrestlers during my career in the WWF. Roddy Piper(Pop), Shawn Michaels (Heat) and Ric Flair (Heat). But I beat Piper, I beat Michaels and I beat Flair. And I was very close to beating Flair once again but that Macho Man Randy Savage (Heat) prevented me from starting my second title reign. Well, Macho Man, don't do the crime if you can't do the time. And you're going to do some time. I am the excellence of execution, the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. If I beat great wrestlers such as Piper and Flair, I certainly will have no problem beating someone like you, Savage. Say...Wrestlemania? Yeah, that's right, Savage. I'm calling you for a match. You say you're a "Macho Man"? Well, come and prove it. If you're half the man you claim you are, you will accept the challenge. You will face me at Wrestlemania 9, Savage, and you will lose. You will lose like you've never lost before. Once I lock in my Sharpshooter, you will regret everything you did at Blackout, everything you said last week and anything you thought of The Hitman. Because you can say whatever you want about me, but there's only one Macho Man between the two of us. And it's not you."

Vince: "Well, Bret Hart wants to meet Savage at Wrestlemania!"

Heenan: "Does Bret really want to lose two consecutive Wrestlemania matches?"

Vince: "Bret didn't lose last year."

Heenan: "Stop it, Vince McMahon. Not so pleasant, is it, McMahon?!"

Vince: "Let's go to the ring."

Skinner & The Berzerker vs. The Steiner Brothers

Rick and Skinner start the match. Rick hits a few rights and ducks a Skinner one. Russian legsweep by Rick. Rick covers for 2. He sends Skinner to the turnbuckle and places him on the top rope. Good superplex by Rick, but The Berzerker breaks the cover. Rick tags in Scott and they hit a double backdrop on Skinner. Great brainbuster by Scott. Scott doesn't go for the cover but instead keeps on hitting great moves until Skinner blocks a snap suplex into one of his own. Skinner hits a back suplex and looks pleased with himself. He tags in The Berzerker and the two kick away at Scott Steiner. The Berzerker runs to the ropes and hits a shoulder tackle. The Berzerker licks his hand and sends Scott Steiner to the ropes. Big boot finds the mark and Scott Steiner crashes to the mat. The Berzerker runs to the ropes and hits a big splash on Scott Steiner. Cover gets 2. The Berzerker drops an elbow and covers for another 2 count. Skinner and The Berzerker dominate Scott Steiner until he reverses a Berzerker bodyslam into a roll-up for 2. They both get up; The Berzerker goes for a clothesline, Steiner ducks and hits one of his own. They're both down and after about 20 seconds Rick gets the hot tag. He hits The Berzerker with a clothesline and shoulder blocks Skinner. Rick barks to the crowd and hits a top rope belly to belly suplex on Skinner. Cover gets 3 and The Steiners win. They celebrate in the ring as the shot goes backstage.

Spontaneous Interview

Money Inc. and Jimmy Hart are standing backstage in their locker room with the TV on the show. There is a plate full of cookies next to them.

DiBiase: "Bwahahaha! Those guys are claiming to be the best team in the WWF? They can barely beat two superstars who got their last win somewhere last year!"

IRS: "How come they got a title shot against us last week?"

DiBiase: "Well, they're the authority team's favorites."

IRS: "Also tax cheats?"

DiBiase: "Indeed."

Hart: "Well, you don't have anything to worry about them! I talked to the authority team and they won't get a title shot anytime soon! Your titles are safe!"

DiBiase: "As if they weren't safe before!"

They all laugh as Money Inc. leave and Jimmy Hart answers the phone.

Continuation

Jimmy Hart answers the phone. It turns out to be Sgt. Slaughter and following The Steiner Brothers' impressive win, the authority team decided to give them another title shot, and the match will be at Wrestlemania. Jimmy Hart feels blue and hangs up the phone. Someone taps on his shoulder and Hart says right now. Another tap and Hart says not now again. Third tap and Hart turns around with rage. That rage turns into fear as he sees The Native American Tatanka in front of him. Jimmy Hart offers him a cookie and Tatanka gives him a right hand for his troubles.

The rest of the results will be shortened due to a blackout (a real one, not the event) that erased it.

Owen Hart, Earthquake and Darren Malenko beat Shawn Michaels and Beastly Beauty following a Texas Clover Leaf by Malenko on Martel. After the match a brawl started and in the end of it Owen got Shawn in the Sharpshooter and the Intercontinental Champion tapped like crazy.

The Undertaker beat Yokozuna with a chokeslam and brawled with Razor Ramon as Anguish went off the air.

Newsflash

*WWF in financial trouble! Major workers released!

For the second month in a row, the WWF have lost money. Their current balance stands on approximately -10.2 million dollars. As a result of that, many workers were released. The firsts to go were a few development deals from Ohio Valley Wrestling, but the main roster workers were not safe. The Berzerker, Yokozuna, Bam Bam Bigelow, Crush, Skinner, Lex Luger, Doink, The Brooklyn Brawler, The Big Bossman, Andre Thag and Earthquake were all fired. That move caused a lot of criticism among the backstage staff of the WWF. Whether they were angry at the firing of stars that held the WWF in the beginning of the year like Yokozuna and Luger and whether the criticism was of firings of wrestlers with many friends backstage such as Bam Bam and The Brawler. The WWF spokesman has told Newsflash that this move will not only help the finanicla troubles, but also help push young talent such as PJ Walker, The Kamikaze Kid and Shawn Michaels. On the other hand, the WWF still have confidence in some older talent and they showed this by signing new deals with Bob Backlund and Ric Flair. Rumour has it that Tatanka and Damien Demento only escaped the firing sword because of the Wrestlemania plans for them. Another rumour has it that if the financial trouble will continue next month, the firings will go backstage.

100th post! Wooo!

Monday Night Anguish 3.1.93!

Vince: "The month of Wrestlemania begins today as the biggest event of all time is coming closer and closer! Hi everyone, I'm Vine McMahon, along side Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Bobby, tonight's main event involves two, well actually three champions and three challengers."

Heenan: "Tag Team Champions, Money Inc. and WWF Champion, Ric Flair, is the best combination I've seen since Survivor Series, when Flair tagged Ramon! They're going to give Hogan and The Steiners a preview to the beating they'll receive at Wrestlemania."

Vince: "The Undertaker's next victim is The Model Rick Martel!"

Heenan: "What do you mean next victim? Martel is going to beat The Undertaker just like Razor will beat him at Wrestlemania!"

Vince: "We also have Shawn Michaels going up against The Kamikaze Kid in non-title action, but right now it's time for The Brother Love Show!"

The Brother Love Show

Brother Love is standing in The Brother Love Show set, and he has a mic: "Welcome everyone to The Brother Love Show! (Heat) I LOVE you too. (Points at two people from the crowd) I mean you two, the rest of you are not that Brother Loveable. (Heat) You know, The Brother Love Show is a very unique interview show. I only want the best to be here. So for tonight I wanted to invite the man who has progressed so much from the beginning of the year, after a controversial match on the first ever Monday Night Anguish, but Damien Demento was not available (Heat), so ladies and gentlemen, here is the man the production people put here tonight - PJ Walker!"

PJ Walker comes out to a big pop, gives a few hi-fives and sits down.

Love: "Walker, people say you've made progress over the last few months. I don't see it, but people say so. Don't you think you should win sometime to prove you've made progress?"

Walker: "Well, Love, let's make this clear - I don't want to be here either, especially not with you. But I needed a stage. A stage to prove to people backstage, to people like you, who still have doubt on whether I could succeed in the WWF. As far as I'm concerned, I'm already successful, but if you want more than that, I'm willing to fight on my first Pay Per View. And not just any Pay Per View - Wrestlemania 9! (Pop) I watched Monday Night Anguish last week and saw Harvey Wippleman say that Damien Demento and I should finish this once and for all. So I'm challenging Damien Demento to a rematch from the first ever Anguish, a 1 on 1 match at Wrestlemania 9. And Love, after your Dynamite Kid loses to The Kamikaze Kid (Pop), you will see at Wrestlemania how a true wrestler (Points to himself) wins matches."

PJ Walker gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "PJ Walker on his road to Wrestlemania!"

Heenan: "Hold your horses, McMahon. Walker might have some trick up his sleeve and if he does, Harvey Wippleman will see it."

Vince: "You mean he might chicken out. Let's go to the ring!"

Booker T vs Tatanka

Booker tries to hit some forearms to Tatanka's back, when The Native American gets into the ring, but Tatanka hits a few rights back. He hits Booker with double axe handles. Tatanka sends Booker to the turnbuckle, and the jobber crashes. He picks Booker up and sends him to the opposite turnbuckle, he goes for a clothesline, but Booker crashes to the mat before Tatanka comes and The Native American is the one going into the turnbuckle chest first. Booker gets up first and hits a spinning kick. He maintains control until Tatanka blocks a kick of his and hits a dragon screw. Tatanka hits a bodyslam, followed by a clothesline. Tatanka picks Booker T up and hits an atomic drop, which sends Booker over the top rope to the floor. Tatanka goes to the outside after Booker and sends him into the post. He avalanches him into the post to add impact. Tatanka rolls Booker T back into the ring. Tatanka sends Booker to the ropes and hits a backdrop. He picks Booker up and Booker gets a thumb to the eye. He tries to hit a few rights, but Tatanka starts his dance. Booker tries to hit him with rights, but Tatanka hits a few tomahawk chops. The crowd gets pumped and Tatanka sets Booker T up in the right position. End of the Trail connects. 1...2...3.

Not Finished

Booker T rolls to the outside and Tatanka asks for a mic: "You know, I didn't beat up Jimmy Hart for no reason last week. It was a message. First, it was a message to Jimmy Hart, that if he dares to interfere in my match against The Mountie at Wrestlemania 9, what I gave him last week is nothing compared to what he'll get then (Pop). It was also a message to The Mountie. Just like he thinks he knows where I am at ever second, I know where he's manager is and more importantly, I know where he is, which means I can attack anytime. But I'm holding my fire, Mountie. I'm saving my strength to Wrestlemania. I didn't get my reputation here in the WWF for no reason. When I came here last year, I came with a purpose. And that was to do whatever I have to do to make my people proud. And I did just that. I got impressive wins, I became the only undefeated WWF superstar and I intended on keeping that reputation this year as well. But then came The Royal Rumble and your manager and his other clients. Well, I can't get my undefeated status back, but I can get revenge, and that is what I'll get at Wrestlemania." His music starts again as he dances a bit in the ring and goes to the back.

Vince: "Tatanka, ladies and gentlemen!"

Heenan: "Big deal."

Vince: "It is a big deal, Bobby Heenan. Folks, still to come is our huge 6 man tag between WWF Tag Team Champions, Money Inc. and WWF Champion, Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan and The Steiner Brothers!"

Heenan: "Now that's huge. What about the upcoming match between Intercontinental Champion Shawn Micahels and Zit Boy?"

Vince: "That's up next! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

The Kamikaze Kid vs Shawn Michaels (non-title)

The two lock up and The Kamikaze Kid gets a headlock. Michaels sends him to the ropes and lowers his head. The Kamikaze Kid uses a swinging neckbreaker and takes the advantage. Two dropkicks connect and The Kamikaze Kid quickly covers for 2. The Kamikaze Kid goes to the second rope and hits a legdrop. The cover gets a very close 2. The Kamikaze Kid continues to control the match until a serious of rights was blocked by a thumb to the eye by Michaels. Michaels hits an elbow to The Kamikaze Kid, which drops him. Michaels covers for 2. Michaels hops onto the apron and hits a springboard dropkick. He covers, but The Kamikaze Kid gets his shoulder up before the 3. Snap suplex connects and Michaels gets another 2 count. Michaels runs to the ropes, hits a flying forearm and kicks up to a big heat. Michaels picks The Kamikaze Kid up and rams his face into the turnbuckle. He taunts the crowd and continues to control the match until he goes for a bodyslam, but The Kamikaze Kid slides through the back door and rolls him up for 2. Michaels goes for a clothesline, but The Kid ducks it and gets a crucifix for another 2. They both get up and Michaels hits a superkick. Michaels covers and gets a very close 2. He rolls to the outside and gets his intercontinental belt and the ref goes after him. They argue and The Dynamite Kid comes running down the aisle. He goes to the top and hits his Swandive Headbutt. The Dynamite Kid disappears in the crowd and Michaels and the ref go back to the ring. Michaels climbs to the top and hits an elbow drop. Michaels covers. 1...2...3.

Vince: "Michaels gets the win, with many thanks to The Dynamite Kid!"

Heenan: "He would've won that without The Dynamite Kid!"

Vince: "Now, we'll never know that, will we? The Kamikaze Kid could get an Intercontinental Title shot if he had won that match, if it hadn't been for The Dynamite Kid's interference!"

Heenan: "Now, we'll never know that either, now will we? Hahahah!"

Accept Or Reject

"Macho Man" Randy Savage's music plays over the PA.

Vince: "Oh, no."

About 30 seconds pass.

Vince: "Where is he?"

Randy Savage appears on the brand new Titantron: "Oooh yeah. (Heat) The Macho Man is sorry he couldn't make it to Monday Night Anguish. Wait, what am I sorry for? I should be thankful I don't have to stand in front of all of those idiots, yeah. (Bigger heat) Well, last week The Macho Man tuned in, as always, to Monday Night Anguish and what did he see? Bret Hart thinks he can beat Macho Man, Mr. Wrestlemania, at Wrestlemania? Well, he's wrong! Oooh yeah, is he wrong! Because not only am I going to accept his challenge (Pop), but I'm going to let Bret Hart feel what it's like to lose to The Macho Man, yeah. I'm going to get him on the ground, and then I'm going to hit my Savage Elbow. And then another one, and then another one until the ref stops it! No, Hitman, I'm not going to cover, I'm going to finish you, now just for our match but for your career! Oooh yeah!"

Video Time

Footage of Owen Hart brawling with Shawn Michaels (Monday Night Anguish, 11.1.93) "Two wrestlers." More brawling (Monday Night Anguish, 18.1.93) "One title". Shawn Michaels: "Owen Hart will never get hold of this belt!" (Superstars, 2.6.93), Owen Hart: "And I will be the next Intercontinental Champion." (Superstars, 2.13.93) "Wrestlemania is the venue" Brawling from The Royal Rumble. "Escaping a steel cage is the goal, and the Intercontinental Title is the prize. Shawn Michaels, Owen Hart, Wrestlemania 9. Coming to you live March 21st, from Ceaser's Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada on Pay Per View."

[Commercial brake]

Chimel Time

Chimel: "I'm here with the man who many people believe is the next WWF Champion. The immortal Hulk Hogan. Hulk, last week on The Brother Love Show, you had your first confrontation with Ric Flair since your return. It was verbal, but it was the first time both of you were in the same place. How do you feel going into Wrestlemania 9?"

Hogan: "Well, you know something, Mean Gene.."

Chimel: "Uh, Hulk, I'm not Mene Gene."

Hogan: "Then what Gene are you?"

Chimel: "No Gene. I'm Tony Chimel."

Hogan: "So then you know something, Tony Chimel, The Hulkster feels the same chills he feels before every Wrestlemania. Before Wrestlemania 2, when I beat King Kong Bundy. Before Wrestlemania 3, when I beat Andre the Giant and the list goes on and on, brother. And the point is that The Hulkster is going to write one more success at Wrestlemania 9."

Hulk Hogan gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "Hulk Hogan, on his way to Wrestlemania!"

Heenan: "To lose to Ric Flair."

Vince: "Speaking of Wrestlemania, let's go to the contract signing!"

Contract Signing

Razor Ramon is standing on one side of the table, with Captain Lou Albano, Sgt. Slaughter and Andre Thag in the middle. Razor talks about beating The Undertaker, and then the light go out. The Undertaker's music plays and he comes out. Paul Bearer signs, Razor signs and then stands face to face with The Undertaker. He tells Chico how he's going to beat him and turns around. He gets a few cheap shots, and then Taker hits him with uppercuts. Chokeslam through the table! People help Razor Ramon to the back and clean up as The Undertaker stays there for his match.

82 (Interview)

82 (Contract signing)

Vince: "Stay tuned for The Undertaker in action against Rick Martel!"

[Commercial brake]

Rick Martel (w/ Jerry Lawler) vs The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

Martel begins his offence when The Undertaker turns around to take his cap off. Martel hits a few rights and a back suplex. The Undertaker sits up and Martel hits him with a clothesline. Martel drops an elbow, and The Undertaker sits up. Martel hits another elbow drop, and The Undertaker sits up again. Third elbow drop, and The Undertaker doesn't get up. Martel celebrates with Lawler, but The Undertaker

sits up from behind him. Martel kicks him, but The Undertaker grabs his throat. He throws him into the turnbuckle and hits him with uppercuts. The Undertaker sends Martel to the opposite turnbuckle, but Martel avoids an avalanche and hits a bulldog. He resumes control until The Undertaker kicks out of a cover, and Martel goes to the outside. He goes back in and Taker sends him to the ropes. Big boot connects. The Undertaker signals for his finisher and the crowd responds with a pop. The Undertaker puts Martel in the Tombstone Piledriver position. Suddenly, Razor Ramon comes limping to the ring. The Undertaker drops Martel and walks in Razor's direction. Paul Bearer tries to talk some since into him, but Martel rolls him up from behind with a hand full of tights. 1...2...3! What an upset! Martel and Lawler celebrate while Razor looks pleased and goes to the back. Bearer and The Undertaker are right after him. The camera goes after them and The Undertaker grabs him by the hair. He gets a few uppercuts in, but officials come and separate them.

Rick Martel gained overness from this match.

Vince: "The situation between Razor Ramon and The Undertaker is getting more serious every week! Those two will finally meet at Wrestlemania 9, March 21st on Pay Per View!"

Heenan: "And so many other great matches! The Mountie will defeat Tatanka for the TV Title with no DQ! The Dynamite Kid will beat Zit Boy! Money Inc. will beat The Steiner Brothers for the WWF Tag Team Titles! Shawn Michaels will beat Owen Hart for the Intercontinental Championship in a steel cage! Randy Savage will end Bret Hart's career! And of course, the main event - Ric Flair will prove he is the best WWF Champion in history when he beats Hulk Hogan!"

Vince: "Yeah. Sure. Right now, it's time for our main event!"

IRS, Ted DiBiase, and Ric Flair (w/ Jimmy Hart) vs Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, and Hulk Hogan

Rick and IRS start the match. They lock up and Rick locks in an arm bar. IRS sends him to the ropes and lowers his head. Rick Steiner uses the position to hit a suplex. He tags in Hulk Hogan to a big pop. Hogan picks IRS up and hits a few rights. He sends IRS to the ropes and hits a powerslam. Cover gets 2. Hogan tags in Scott Steiner and the two drop a double elbow on IRS. Scott Steiner picks IRS up and hits a brainbuster. Cover gets 2. Scott works on IRS a bit more and signals for the Frankensteiner. He tries to Irish whip IRS, but ends up being whipped himself, and DiBiase knees him in the back. IRS sends Scott Steiner to the ropes and hits a backdrop. IRS picks Steiner up and tags in DiBiase. The two hit a double snake eyes and DiBiase covers for 2. DiBiase sends Steiner to the ropes and hits a spinebuster. DiBiase taunts Rick Steiner and Hulk Hogan, who try to get in, but are restrained by the ref. Scott Steiner is choked by IRS, using the ring rope while DiBiase and Flair hit him with rights. DiBiase gets in and claps his hands. The crowd tries to tell the ref there was no tag, but he lets it be. Flair hits a belly to belly suplex and does his taunting walk, ending it with a wooo. Flair kicks Steiner around and continues to work on him until a kneedrop doesn't find the mark. Flair goes for another one, but Scott rolls out of the way again. Flair tries the third time, but this one Steiner is close enough to his corner and tags in Hogan to a huge pop. Flair quickly tags in DiBiase to a big heat. Rick barks and hits a few rights. Russian legsweep finds the mark. Rick has control until IRS pokes him in the eye. IRS hits a few forearms and taunts Scott. Scott and Hogan get in, as well as DiBiase and Flair there is a huge brawl and Jimmy Hart throws the megaphone to IRS. IRS hits Rick in the head with it and after the illegal participants get out of the ring he covers with his feet on the bottom rope. 1...2...3! The brawl continues after the match. The Steiners and Money Inc. brawl to the back and Flair tries to cheap shot Hogan, but the immortal one hits a few rights and clotheslines Flair out of the ring. He poses in the ring as Vince says goodbye and see you next week, if the WWF will still be around then. He didn't say that, I added that.

Overall rating: 79

TV rating: 6.04 (Highest ever)

Newsflash!

*Kamikaze Kid to TV Championship feud?

A reliable source from the WWF roster has told Newsflash that wrestlers and staff members are very impressed from young The Kamikaze Kid. Especially Shawn Michaels, who took the kid under his wing. That source claims that the plan for The Kamikaze Kid is to let him win the feud with The Dynamite Kid, and go on to feud either The Mountie or Tatanka, in which case a turn will be involved, for the TV Championship. Those plans haven't been verified by any other source, so it's not a sure thing.

* Backstage survey reveals two most charismatic characters!

Another source from the WWF roster has told Newsflash that an informal survey was conducted backstage to check who the wrestlers consider as the most charismatic character, to make interest in the WWF locker room, which was kind of dull since the terminating of Bam Bam Bigelow and Brooklyn Brawler's contracts. Brother Love and WWF Champion "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair were elected as most popular. Hulk Hogan was not pleased with these results, and hasn't spoken since with the survey conductor, "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Speaking of charismatic wrestlers, Ohio Valley Wrestling booker, Gerald Brisco, has signed a few workers as the next Hulk Hogans and Ric Flairs in terms of charisma. Among those workers are Chris Jericho, Dwayne Johnson (Son of former WWF superstars, Rocky Johnson), Joel Gertner, Paul Heyman (a.k.a Paul E. Dangerously of WCW) and Steve Corino.

Monday Night Anguish 3.8.93!

Vince: "13 days! 13 days are left to the biggest extravaganza of all time! Wrestlemania 9! Hi everyone, welcome to Monday Night Anguish. I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan. Bobby, tonight's main event is a rematch from two weeks ago."

Heenan: "Twp weeks ago Zit Boy cost The Dynamite Kid a win over a former WWF Champion. Not a good one, but that's still impressive. Brother Love pulled some strings and tonight The Dynamite Kid will get that win."

Vince: "Also tonight - Razor Ramon and Damien Demento in action, but I'm being told something is going on backstage. Let's go there."

Finisher Theft

The Mountie is beating the hell out of Tatanka in the Native American's dressing room. He hits him with rights, picks him, kicks him in the gut and hits him with The End of the Trail. He picks him up and hits it again. He proceeds to kick him until officials come and restrain him. He throws some of them off of him and hits a third End of the Trail. Finally, about 10 officials restrain The Mountie, who looks demented, but pleased.

Vince: "Horrible acts by The Mountie!"

Heenan: "Nothing will be left from Tatanka for their Wrestlemania match! The TV Championship will stay in safe hands! As if it wouldn't have anyway..."

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan. Right now, let's go to pre-recorded comments from Jim Cornette and The Kamikaze Kid!"

Pre-recorded

Jim Cornette and The Kamikaze Kid are standing in the pre-recorded studio. This week's background: Purple!

"We are only 13 days! 13 days away from Wrestlemania 9! Many great legends were born at Wrestlemania: Hulk Hogan! Randy Savage! Andre the Giant! And the list goes on and on. 13 days from now, another legend will be born. Out of all the great matches that are scheduled, we all know who's going to steal the show - The Kamikaze Kid! At his first Wrestlemania, at my first Wrestlemania, he's going to give a match that will be remembered for a long long time. So The Dynamite Kid has Wrestlemania experience. So what? Did Tatanka have Wrestlemania experience when he beat the veteran Rick Martel last year at Wrestlemania? Did the big Earthquake have Wrestlemania experience when he beat the veteran Greg Valentine at Wrestlemania 7? No! Because it doesn't matter. What matters is who the best wrestler is, and that is where The Kamikaze Kid gets in the picture. He is the new generation. He is the fresh talent. He is the future, and the future begins at Wrestlemania 9."

Vince: "The Kamikaze Kid and Jim Cornette seem confident going into The Kamikaze Kid's Wrestlemania debut against The Dynamite Kid."

Heenan: "Well, they shouldn't be. The Kamikaze Kid's first Wrestlemania match will also be his last."

Vince: "Folks, Rick Martel is in the ring, he was scheduled to wrestle Tatanka tonight, but I don't see how Tatanka can wrestle after the beating he took earlier tonight at the hands of The Mountie."

Heenan: "In other words - chicken."

Vince: "I guess the referee is going to grant Rick Martel the mat...(Tatanka's music plays) wait a minute! My god, what competitive spirit!"

Heenan: "What stupidity!"

Rick Martel (w/ Jerry Lawler) vs Tatanka

Tatanka doesn't come out running as always, but limping while holding his back. Quick wrestling quiz: What do we know about wrestlers who come out holding some kind of organ? That's right, the opponent focuses on it! Ah, Tatanka, when will you ever learn? Martel works on Tatanka's back with a few consecutive suplexes. He Irish whips Tatanka to the turnbuckle and suplexes him out of it. He continues to control the match until Tatanka blocks a brainbuster attempt with a suplex. Tatanka hits a back suplex and covers for 2. Tatanka locks in a headlock. Martel uses the hair to send him to the ropes and lowers his head, only to be inside cradled for 2. Tatanka goes to the top rope and hits a bulldog. He covers, but Jerry Lawler distracts the referee. Tatanka nails him with a right hand, but Martel knees him in the back. Martel uses an airplane spin and a clothesline. Cover gets 2. Martel proceeds to work on Tatanka's back with various holds and maneuvers. Atomic drop sends Tatanka to the outside. Lawler throws him into the steel steps and rolls him back into the ring. Martel tries to hit right hands, but Tatanka begins to dance. A couple of right hands and two double axe handles from the second rope don't do the job but a backbreaker does. Rick Martel locks in The Boston Crab! Tatanka can't take the pain and taps out. The Mountie comes out and laughs and points at Tatanka, who rolls around in pain, holding his back.

Rick Martel gained overness from this match.

Vince: "Tatanka gave it his all, but the injuries inflicted by The Mountie earlier tonight were just too much."

Heenan: "You got any other excuses?"

Vince: "I'm not even going to respond to that. Folks, we're going to take a commercial brake but still to come is the rematch between The Dynamite Kid and Bret Hart!"

Heenan: "And what about Razor Ramon in action?"

Vince: "That's up next! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Razor Ramon vs Christian Cage

The match starts out normal with Razor hitting a few rights and lefts, but then the lights go out. The Undertaker's gongs are heard and he appears in the middle of the ring. Razor hits him with a few rights, but The Undertaker responds with uppercuts and a Chokeslam. Razor rolls to the outside and The Undertaker gets down to one knee and raises his hand in the direction of Ramon. Official ruling: no contest.

Vince: "The Undertaker!"

Heenan: "Yes, The Undertaker with a cheap shot just like last week."

Vince: "That's nothing compared to the cheap shots Razor took earlier this year. Right now, let's go to Tony Chimel backstage with maybe the next tag team champions!"

Heenan: "They're not."

Vince: "Tony?"

Chimel Time

Chimel: "Thank you, Vince. I'm here with Rick and Scott, The Steiner Brothers, who have been taking the WWF by storm until Sunday, March 21st when it's do or die for them. Nervous?"

Rick: "You know, Tony Chimel, me and my brother Scott, we haven't been here for a long time in the WWF but we're not nervous! I think the word is ready! We're more ready than ever and come March 21st, we're going to take those tag team titles from Money Inc.! (Barks)."

Chimel: "Scott, this is your first Wrestlemania. Ted DiBiase, IRS and even Jimmy Hart have many Wrestlemanias on their records. Do you think that is going to be a factor in your match?"

Scott: "Tony, it's Wrestlemania. It's the biggest stage there is. Whether it's your first Wrestlemania, like me and my brother Rick, or your 9th. Wrestlemania is Wrestlemania and you have to be nervous. But once that belt rings, we're not thinking about Wrestlemania, we're not thinking about Ceaser's Palace and we're not thinking about history. We have only one thing on our minds and that is the WWF Tag Team Titles."

Chimel: "Back to you, Vince."

Vince: "The Steiner Brothers, ladies and gentlemen."

Heenan: "Nothing. Nothing compared to Money Inc.."

Vince: "Let's go to the ring."

Masato Tanaka vs Damien Demento (w/ Harvey Wippleman)

Tanaka takes the early advantage with right hands and a kick to the gut. Neckbreaker connects. Tanaka sends Demento to the ropes and hits a nice spinebuster. Tanaka covers and gets 2. Tanaka goes to the top and tries to hit a splash, but Demento moves out of the way. Demento gets up first and sends Tanaka to the ropes. Big boot finds the mark. Demento covers and gets 2. Tanaka gets up and Demento hits a clothesline. Another cover gets another 2. Demento continues to dominate until Tanaka comes out of a tilt the world standing and hits a clothesline. Tanaka covers and gets 2. He picks Demento up and hits a seated powerbomb for another close 2. Tanaka hits a fallaway slam. He goes for a bodyslam, but Demento turns into a bad inside cradle for 2. Tanaka dominates a bit more until Demento moves out of the way for a Tanaka avalanche. Demento goes for a DDT, but Tanaka turns into a Northern lights suplex bridge for 2. Tanaka picks Demento up and hits a brainbuster. Tanaka hits a German suplex bridge for 2. He hits a bulldog for another close 2 count. Tanaka Irish whips him to the turnbuckle and hits a couple of stiff knife edge chops. Tanaka uses an inside cradle for 2. Tanaka goes to the top and Demento gets up. Cross body by Tanaka gets a close 2 count. Tanaka goes for an Irish whip, but Demento reverses it and Tanaka gets a crucifix for 2. Tanaka signals for his DDT, but Harvey Wippleman stands on the apron. Tanaka yells at him, turns around and Demento hits his patented Spinebuster. 1...2...3! Demento gets the win. After the match Harvey Wippleman takes a mic: "You see this, PJ Walker? (Points at Masato Tanaka) That's you at Wrestlemania! We accept your challenge and you better start enjoying life, because your end is near!"

Vince: "And I guess we have another match for Wrestlemania!"

Heenan: "The end is near for PJ Walker, McMahon! Wippleman will never lie."

Vince: "I don't think we're talking about the same Wippleman. In any case, still to come is the rematch between The Dynamite Kid and Bret Hart! And up next, The Brother Love Show! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

The Brother Love Show

Brother Love is standing in The Brother Love Show set. He has a mic, and starts the talking:

"Welcome everyone to The Brother Love Show! (Heat) I'm sorry that our show will be a bit short tonight, but I have to get The Dynamite Kid to his win against Bret Hart tonight (Heat). My guest tonight is one of the best I've seen. I just LOVE his wrestling style. He is the WWF Intercontinental Champion! Ladies and gentlemen, Shawn Michaels!"

Shawn Michaels comes out to a strong heat. He sits down in front of Brother Love.

Michaels: "Uh, Brother Love, before we begin, I've brought some video footage. Just to give some background on me, the best Intercontinental Champion of all time."

Love: "Sure."

Michaels: "Roll it!"

Footage of Shawn Michaels' best matches, not including his face period, is shown. Among the matches are his Wrestlemania match against Tito Santana, his Intercontinental Title win against Davey Boy Smith, his win over Mart Jannetty at The Royal Rumble and his win over Owen Hart at Blackout. In the end there is writing: "Shawn Michaels, the best Intercontinental Champion of all time."

It ends to a big heat.

Love: "Shawn, we saw there your match against Owen Hart from Blackout. You two will have a rematch at Wrestlemania, inside a 15 foot high steel cage. How do you feel going into that match as a clear favorite?"

HBK: "Brother Love, that's an excellent question. But small correction - I'm not a clear favorite. Because favorites exist only in competitions. And you can't call what I have with that Owen Hart at Wrestlemania a competition. It's just a man showing the world once more he is the best intercontinental champion. Owen Hart is not a factor. He's just Canadian trash. He doesn't deserve me to talk about him."

Heat turns into a pop as Owen Hart comes running down the aisle and attacks him. Owen sends Michaels to the ropes and hits a hip toss. He locks in the Sharpshooter and Michaels taps out. Officials come and restrain Owen. Those officials have some work tonight.

86 (Show and attack)

82 (Video)

Vince: "Shawn Michaels just took it too far!"

Heenan: "Shawn Michaels?? Owen Hart took it too far! That brat thinks he can just run in on Shawn Michaels and attack him? That's not smart. Shawn is going to remember this at Wrestlemania!"

Vince: "We're going to take one last commercial brake and when we come back - The Dynamite Kid in a rematch against Bret Hart! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Championship Material

Ric Flair's music to a very strong heat. The WWF Champion comes walking down the aisle and takes a mic: "Wooo! (The crowd responds with a wooo) Now, you uneducated barbaric creatures better know that you earned the right not many people earn - you get to see the WWF Champion, the lear-jet-flying, caviar-eating son of a gun, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair! (Heat) Last week on Monday Night Anguish I beat Hulk Hogan (Heat). Yes, you can deny it if you want but the fact of the matter is that in the end of the night, I was on the winning side and Hulk Hogan was on the losing side. And who came out with the belt? Me! I'm still the man. I'm still the man because no one has beaten the man (Points at himself) and no one will! Not today, not at Wrestlemania and not ever! I'm Ric Flair! I'm the best wrestler in WWF history! Not Bret Hart, not Hulk Hogan, not anybody! Me! (Heat) You're doubtful? Well, watch Wrestlemania 9, as I prove to the world not only that I am the best wrestler in WWF history, but also that Hulk Hogan is just a name. A name I will wipe out like the rest, at Wrestlemania 9."

Video Time

Footage of a few of The Undertaker's 1992 wins is shown. The casket match against Kamala and a couple of squashes. Then the gongs are heard and Razor Ramon's figure appears twice, hitting the Razor's Edge. Then a few of their brawls and then a confrontation between the two from Superstars after Razor Ramon beat a jobber. "Razor Ramon, The Undertaker, Wrestlemania 9. Available only on PPV March 21st."

Vince: "Wrestlemania 9, March 21st, Ceaser's Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada!"

Heenan: "And on Pay per View."

Vince: "Yes. Let's go to our main event."

The Dynamite Kid (w/ Brother Love) vs Bret Hart

The two lock up and The Dynamite Kid hits a kick. First to the gut and then to the face. The Dynamite Kid hits a high dropkick. Bret gets up and The Dynamite Kid hits a throwback. The Dynamite Kid continues to control until Bret reverses a couple of right hands and hits a suplex. Bret hits a Stinger Death Drop backbreaker, or whatever you call it. Cover gets 2. Bret continues to dominate the match until he misses an elbow drop and The Dynamite Kid capitalizes. He hits Bret with forearms and places him on the top rope. Hurrancarana finds the mark. Cover gets a close 2. The Dynamite Kid hits an enzuigiri. Another close cover gets 2. The Dynamite Kid continues to control until Bret moves out of the way to a Swandive Headbutt. Bret gets up when the ref gets to 5 and hits a double arm suplex. He hits a couple of more Bret Hart moves until a bodyslam attempt is reversed into an inside cradle for 2. They get up and The Dynamite Kid goes for a dropkick. Bret Hart catches his feet and locks in The Sharpshooter. Brother Love hops on the apron and the ref is distracted. Randy Savage comes running from the crowd, takes a steel chair and clobbers Bret in the head. He goes to the front row as The Dynamite Kid slowly gets the cover. 1...2...3! Randy Savage goes back into the ring and climbs to the top. Savage Elbow connects! He hits a few rights and goes to the top rope. Another Savage Elbow! Savage throws the ref to the outside and hits another Savage Elbow! Vince McMahon asks if this is what we'll see at Wrestlemania. He says goodbye, but Anguish stays on the air. Officials hit the ring and roll Bret to the outside as Owen Hart comes running and exchanges rights with Savage. At this point Anguish goes off the air.

The Dynamite Kid gained overness from this match.

Overall rating: 72

TV rating: 6.48 (Highest ever)

Newsflash

*One more speculation!

Many speculations have been surrounding Wrestlemania. Another one that has been added only a few days ago was that Ric Flair will do the impossible and retain his WWF Championship, as a heel, at Wrestlemania against Hulk Hogan. This will follow to a third and final encounter between Ric Flair and Bret Hart for the WWF Championship, possibly at Summerslam. Right now there's a clash between this speculation and the one that suggests a Hulk Hogan-Randy Savage feud for the WWF Championship following a Macho Man win over Bret Hart at Wrestlemania.

*Wrestlemania announcers picked!

Now it's final - Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan will announce Wrestlemania 9. Although it was almost certain that Vince McMahon will take over the announcing position, Gorilla will be the one who will announce it, probably because this is his last Wrestlemania as a WWF announcer. This may imply that Bobby Heenan will not interfere in one of the matches, but with the WWF, and especially with Heenan, you can never know for sure.

Monday Night Anguish 3.15.93!

Vince: "Six days! We are only 6 days away from the biggest extravaganza of all time! Wrestlemania 9! Hi everyone, welcome to Monday Night Anguish. Wrestlemania 9 is just around the corner and tonight we have what you'd call a preview to it."

Heenan: "Let's start directly with the huge main event! 8 men you will see at Wrestlemania face each other in tag team action!"

Vince: "It will be WWF TV Champion, The Mountie; WWF Tag Team Champions, Money Inc. and WWF Champion Ric Flair going up against the number 1 contenders for all of those titles - Tatanka, The Steiner Brothers and Hulk Hogan!"

Heenan: "Preview is the right description. When Flair's team wins, it will be just like Wrestlemania, when they all will retain their titles."

Vince: "Yeah, sure. Folks, at Wrestlemania it's going to be "Macho Man" Randy Savage going up against Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Tonight, Savage is going head to head against Bret's brother, Owen, who will face Shawn Michaels for the WWF Intercontinental Title this Sunday."

Heenan : "McMahon, this Sunday Randy is going to complete a double Hart beating! Hahahah!"

Vince: "The Hitman will also be in action tonight, as he faces PJ Walker's opponent this Sunday, Damien Demento!"

Heenan: "I hope Demento doesn't go too hard tonight, so there will be something left of The Hitman for Savage to beat!"

Vince: "Right now, let's go to The Brother Love Show!"

The Brother Love Show

Brother Love is standing in The Brother Love Show set: "Welcome everyone to The Brother Love Show (Heat). As we all know, this Sunday is Wrestlemania 9 (Pop). And at the main event we're going to see a true patriot win and steal the show (Pop gets stronger). The Dynamite Kid! (Heat) Oh, you gotta LOVE him (Heat gets stronger). So tonight, my host on The Brother Love Show is The Dynamite Kid's victim this Sunday. Ladies and gentlemen, The Kamikaze Kid! (The Kamikaze Kid comes out with Jim Cornette to a decent pop. They get into the ring and Brother Love sets things straight) Cornette, what are you doing here? You're here to protect The Kamikaze Kid? I mean, if The Kamikaze Kid can't be interviewed by a manager, how is he going to be able to wrestle the greatest wrestler at Wrestlemania? (The Kamikaze Kid tells Jim Cornette to return to the back and the crowd responds with a heat.) You got guts, Kid. Not much brains, but guts. Not much wrestling skills, but guts. But you see, Kid, in this business you need more than just guts. First of all, you need to get yourself a decent manager, not someone like Cornette. Second of all, you need to think one move ahead, not one move backwards. And most importantly, you gotta know how to wrestle. And I'm sorry, Kid, but you don't have any of that."

The Kamikaze Kid has enough and he attacks Brother Love. The Dynamite Kid comes running down the aisle and attacks The Kamikaze Kid from behind. He sends him to the ropes and hits a spinning heel kick. The Dynamite Kid climbs to the top and hits the Swandive Headbutt. Jim Cornette comes running down the aisle and rolls a wounded Kamikaze Kid to the outside. He helps him to the back as Brother Love and The Dynamite Kid stay in the ring, smiling.

The Kamikaze Kid gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "What a dirty trick by Brother Love and The Dynamite Kid!"

Heenan: "What are you talking about? That's brilliant! Are you still sure The Kamikaze Kid will win the match against Wrestlemania?"

Vince: "Well, The Dynamite Kid's chances just went up, that's for sure."

Heenan: "He would've won anyway, but this way he got to humiliate The Kamikaze Kid first!"

Vince: "I wouldn't be so confident if I were you. Anything can and does happen in the WWF. Any superstar can beat any superstar on any given day. Right now, let's go to Tony Chimel in the back with WWF Intercontinental Champion, Shawn Michaels. Tony?"

Chimel Time

Chimel: "Thanks, Vince. I'm here with the Intercontinental Champion, The Hart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels. Shawn, this Sunday is the rematch Owen Hart wanted, a steel cage match between you two for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Many people believe you're not a clear favorite this Sunday as you were at Blackout, because this match is no disqualification. How do you feel going into your match Sunday?"

HBK: "Chimel, do you watch The Brother Love Show?"

Chimel: "Uh, I try not to."

HBK: "Well, you should. Because last week I was his guest and I explained to him that in order to be a favorite, you have to participate in a competition, and you can't call the beating I'll give Owen Hart this Sunday a competition."

Chimel: "Ok. Are you planning on interfering in Owen Hart's match tonight?"

HBK: "That's not necessary. Owen Hart is not in the league of Shawn Michaels. I don't want to waste my precious time on watching matches in the caliber that Owen Hart fights in. His match against me is just an authority mistake. Chimel, someone will pay for that mistake, and that will be Owen Hart - this Sunday."

Chimel: "Back to you, Vince."

Vince: "Shawn Michaels, cocky as always."

Heenan: "You gotta love him."

Vince: "Uh, yeah. Let's go to the ring for some action."

Barry Horowitz vs The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

Horowitz actually begins the match with some offence, attacking Taker with right and left hands. He sends Taker to the turnbuckle and squashes him (squashing in its literal meaning) with a clothesline. He rams The Undertaker's head into the turnbuckle a couple of times. Horowitz continues to hit some brawling moves, but The Undertaker doesn't sell them. The Undertaker finally has enough when Horowitz tried to go for the flying clothesline, but The Undertaker hit him with a big boot on his way down. The Undertaker picks Horowitz up and Irish whips him to the turnbuckle. Avalanche finds the mark. The Undertaker hits a few uppercuts and sends Horowitz to the outside. He picks him up and sends him into the post. The Undertaker rolls Horowitz back in and twirls Horowitz's arm. He keeps the lock and goes to the top. He clobbers him with a right hand to the back, still holding the other arm. Horowitz barely gets up and The Undertaker sends him to the ropes. The Undertaker runs to the other direction and hits a flying clothesline. He raises his arm in the urn direction and picks Horowitz up. Tombstone Piledriver connects! 1...2...3. The Undertaker wins it and Paul Bearer gets into the ring. Razor Ramon comes walking down the aisle and gets into the ring. The Undertaker is still on one knee as Razor snatches the urn from Paul Bearer and clobbers The Undertaker with it. He hits Bearer with a big boot and grabs a chair. The Undertaker sits up, but Razor hits him in the head with the chair. He places the chair in a sitting position and Razor Edges The Undertaker onto it. He leaves the ring, the damage done.

Vince: "Oh my god!"

Heenan: "Oh my god is right! Have you ever seen The Undertaker manhandled like this?"

Vince: "I'm just shocked. Folks, I don't mean to alarm you but The Undertaker is not moving."

Heenan: "You're crazy, McMahon. You can't kill a dead man!"

Vince: "We have to take a quick commercial break but still to come is the 8 man tag between The Mountie, Shawn Michaels and Money Inc. and Tatanka, The Steiner Brothers and Hulk Hogan!"

Heenan: "What about Damien Demento's biggest win ever against a former WWF Champion?"

Vince: "Damien Demento one on one with Bret Hart, that's up next!"

[Commercial brake]

Wrestlemania Preview

Gorilla Monsoon is sitting in a studio with the logo of Wrestlemania 9 on a TV screen next to him: "Hi everyone, welcome to Wrestlemania Preview. Vince McMahon will also be with you this Sunday before Wrestlemania with a longer preview, but consider this the preview preview. Let's start with the TV Championship no DQ match between the current champ, The Mountie and the number 1 contender, Tatanka. This all started when Jimmy Hart helped The Mountie win the TV Championship battle royal, eliminating Tatanka. Tatanka was very close to a win over The Mountie at The Royal Rumble, but due to interference from Jimmy Hart and his clients, Tag Team Champions, Money Inc.; The Mountie ended the Native American's undefeated streak. This Sunday it will be settled once and for all. (TV picture changes) Another match is Damien Demento vs. PJ Walker. In a qualifier for The Royal Rumble back in January, the two ended in a double DQ draw. The two have not forgotten about that and their little feud will end this Sunday. (TV picture changes) Speaking of The Royal Rumble, The Dynamite Kid made his return to the WWF then, with a different attitude. He, along with his manager, Brother Love; decided there is room for only one kid in the WWF and have been after The Kamikaze Kid ever since. They have the chance to eliminate him this Sunday, but this could be his big break. (TV picture changes) Razor Ramon is still considered a rookie in the WWF. He is trying to make his way to the top by going through some of the old lions. Last year they were Mr. Perfect and Randy Savage, but this year he's got The Undertaker as a target. Many wrestlers before have thought they could get through the dead man, but can Razor prevail? (TV picture changes) The Tag Team Titles will be on the line this Sunday as Money Inc. try to retain their titles against The Steiner Brothers. The Steiners got a title shot earlier this year, but after Beastly Beauty interfered, they lost their shot. With Beastly Beauty out of the way, this could be The Steiners' big break. (TV picture changes) The second title that will be on the line is the Intercontinental Title. Shawn Michaels thought he got Owen Hart out of the way when he beat him at Blackout, but the controversial circumstances in which that match ended gave Owen's demand for a rematch legitimacy. That rematch will be inside a steel cage, where Michaels can't use his dirty tricks. Owen could very well be the next champion. (TV picture changes) Speaking of Blackout, a very popular superstar turned on his friends and fans when he caused Bret Hart to lose his title shot against Ric Flair. Randy Savage has become obsessed with "eliminating" The Hitman. He might very well do that this Sunday. (TV picture changes) The main event will feature a man who has been called "Mr. Wrestlemania, the immortal Hulk Hogan, and the WWF Champion, Ric Flair. Every word that will be said about this epic battle will just ruin the atmosphere surrounding it. But if you'll let me still say five words about the main event: It's going to be huge. That's Wrestlemania for you. You can order it on Pay per View. And if you don't watch it, you'll miss probably the best event in WWF history. I'm Gorilla Monsoon saying: See you Sunday!"

Vince: "Wrestlemania will be huge, no doubt."

Heenan: "I hate it, but I have to agree with you."

Pre-match

Bret Hart's music starts to a strong pop. He comes out, poses a bit and brings a kid in the front row his shades. He takes a mic: "Wrestlemania 9 (Pop). It's only six days away and I'm facing probably the biggest Wrestlemania match of my career, against Randy Savage (Heat). Last year at Wrestlemania I faced Roddy Piper (Pop). He was a very tough opponent, but he was showed good sportsmanship. I respected him, and that's why you saw a great match. I am the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be, and I am known for my technical abilities. And that is why I feel like I need to apologize to you. This Sunday you won't see a technical match in which the winner will out maneuver his opponent. You're going to see two men, who hate each other's guts, beating the hell out of each other and the winner will survive."

Damien Demento (w/ Harvey Wippleman) vs Bret Hart

Hitman practices his brawling as he attacks Demento with rights and lefts. The Hitman hits a dropkick and kicks Demento around. Damien Demento rolls to the outside, where Harvey Wippleman calms him down. Demento rolls back in where he locks in with Bret. Bret takes him down with a headlock and drops an elbow. They get up and Demento kicks Bret in the gut. Demento tries to Irish whip Bret, but Bret reverses it into a backslide pin for 2. Bret kicks Demento in the shin and hits a suplex. The two exchange rights and Demento takes the advantage. He goes for a suplex, but Bret blocks it and hits a DDT. Cover gets 2. Bret sends Demento to the turnbuckle and hits a couple of uppercuts. Bret locks in a front face lock and helps Demento out of the corner. Bret hits a brutal quick swinging neckbreaker. Cover gets another close 2. Bret picks Demento up and hits a scoop slam. He continues to dominate the match until he can't pick Demento up for a backbreaker and Demento hits him with forearms to the back. Demento hits a double axhandle and goes to the second rope. Demento hits one from the second rope. Bret crashes to the mat and Demento drops a few elbows to The Hitman's face. Demento goes to the second rope again and hits a flying clothesline. Cover gets 2. Demento hangs out near the ropes and hits Bret with a shoulder block as the former champion gets up. Demento picks Bret up and Irish whips him. Big boot connects. Demento covers and gets 2. They get up and Bret hits a Russian legsweep out of nowhere after ducking a right hand. The Hitman starts to gain momentum with a few elbows and an atomic drop-clothesline combo. Before Demento crashes to the mat, Bret rolls him up in a school boy for 2. Demento tries to hit a big boot, but Bret grabs it and locks in the Sharpshooter. Wippleman distracts the ref and Randy Savage comes running and brakes the hold with a clothesline. Shades of last week. Savage attempts to go to the top, but PJ Walker chases him off. Bret Hart gets up and Demento tries to clothesline him, but Bret uses a drop toe hold and Demento crashes into the second turnbuckle. Bret places Demento on the top rope and climbs to the second one. Jumping arm breaker! 1...2...3! Bret Hart gets the win!

Vince: "Randy Savage almost costs Bret Hart another match!"

Heenan: "Yeah, because that PJ Walker brat came and cost Demento a match first!"

Vince: "Folks, we're going to take a quick commercial brake but still to come is the 8 man tag involving the WWF Champion, Ric Flair; the TV Champion, The Mountie and the WWF Tag Team Champions, Money Inc. against the number 1 contenders for all of those titles - Hulk Hogan, Tatanka and The Steiner Brothers."

Heenan: "And up next Randy Savage begins his Hart Demolition Week."

[Commercial brake]

Still to Come

The Mountie and Jimmy Hart are walking backstage and they run into Tatanka. The Mountie goes face to face with him. Tatanka says some stuff about giving Mountie a preview to Wrestlemania tonight. The Mountie says about the same until Jimmy Hart breaks up the party and takes The Mountie with him.

Vince: "The Mountie and Tatanka - both in our main event tonight. Right now let's go to Tony Chimel, who is standing with another participant in the main event."

Double Chimel Time

Chimel: "Yes, Vince, I'm here with the WWF Champion, Ric Flair."

Flair: "No, no, Chimel. You got it all wrong. It's the lear-jet-flying (does his walk) wooo, caviar-eating (does his walk again) woo son of a gun! The best WWF Champion of all time "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair!"

Chimel: "Ok, the lear-jet-flying etc. Ric Flair. Flair, tonight for the first time you go into the ring with the number 1 contender for your title, the immortal Hulk Hogan."

Flair: "Immortal? You call that immortal? A man who gets a win per year? No, no, Hulk Hogan is not immortal. The Nature Boy, now he's immortal. He comes out week after week, beats all his opponents and stays WWF Champion. No one is able to beat The Man (Points at himself) and so I am still The Man. And it will stay that way after Wrestlemania."

Chimel: "But still, it must be rough not being a favorite to your own title defense."

Flair: "I'm not the favorite? (Gets mad) Says who? Says your little announcer friends, McMahon and Monsoon? I don't care what those M&M announce members team think! They don't have the WWF Championship, I do! And so my opinion is worth much, much more than theirs. And I say Hulk Hogan is going to lose so hard he won't even be able to show his face in a WWF arena again! That's what I say and that's what counts! Wooo!"

Vince: "Well, Ric Flair...um..."

Heenan: "(Laughs) M&M! That's great! Uh, I love that man."

Vince: "Let's go to Howard Finkel."

Owen Hart vs Randy Savage

The two lock up and Owen goes behind him. Back suplex finds the mark and a quick cover gets 2. Owen sends Savage to the turnbuckle and hits a few stiff chops. Owen kicks Savage in the gut and hits a dropkick. Owen gets Savage out of the corner with a monkey flip. Cover gets 2. Owen runs at Savage, who drops him with a drop toe hold. Savage continues to control the match until Owen ducks a clothesline and cradles Savage for 2. Owen clotheslines Savage to the outside and hits a plancha. Owen rolls Savage back in and covers for 2. They get up and Owen kicks Savage. Savage blocks the kick but Owen hits an enzugiri. Owen runs to the ropes and gets a crucifix for 2. Owen snapmares Savage and dropkicks the back of his head. Owen climbs to the top, Savage gets up and Owen hits a great missile dropkick. Cover gets 2. Owen signals for the Sharpshooter, but Shawn Michaels comes walking down the aisle and distracts him. Owen yells at him and Savage clobbers him from the back. Savage climbs to the top, but Bret comes and starts punching HBK. Savage jumps down and yells at Bret. Owen rolls Savage up! 1...2...3! Shawn runs to the back as Anguish goes to commercials.

Owen Hart gained overness from this match.

[Commercial brake]

Vince: "We're back. Folks, let's take you to some action that occurred during the brake."

Brake Action

The Undertaker is laying motionless, receiving medical attention. He then sits up, but then Razor Ramon comes into the ring and the two brawl all over the backstage area until about 15 officials split the part.

Vince: "Razor Ramon and The Undertaker."

Heenan: "And that's just one of the great matches we're going to have Sunday at Wrestlemania!"

Vince: "And now it's time for our main event!"

The Mountie, IRS, Ted DiBiase, and Ric Flair (w/ Jimmy Hart) vs Tatanka, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, and Hulk Hogan

Rick Steiner and The Mountie start the match. They lock up; Rick Steiner gets out of the grapple and hits a double arm suplex. He hits a good elevation dropkick and tags in Tatanka. The Mountie begs for mercy, but Tatanka hits him with rights until he runs to his corner and out of panic tags in Ted DiBiase. Scott Steiner asks for the tag and gets it. DiBiase and Scott lock up. Steiner gets out of it with the upper hand using an elbow. Scott kicks DiBiase in the gut and hits a tiger bomb for 2. Scott asks the crowd and Hogan is tagged in to a pop. Hogan Irish whips DiBiase to a neutral corner and hits him with rights to the body. Hogan hits a few double axe handles and sends DiBiase to his corner. Hogan tags in Rick Steiner, who hits a suplex on DiBiase. Steiner covers and gets 2. Rick Steiner continues to control the match until DiBiase counters a Russian legsweep with elbows. DiBiase tags in Flair. Flair kicks Steiner and hits a back suplex. Cover gets 2. Flair gives Hogan a wooo and the faces get into the ring. The ref restrains him and IRS gets in illegally. IRS hits a clothesline and covers for 2. Rick blocks a few forearms and IRS grabs his foot. Steiner still manages to jump to his corner and tag in Tatanka. Tatanka starts his dance and IRS can't stop him. Tatanka hits him with a couple of tomahawk chops and a bodyslam. He covers and gets 2. Tatanka continues to control and tags in Hulk Hogan. Hogan sends IRS to the ropes and hits a powerslam. Hogan continues to dominate until IRS blocks a kick, hits a dragon screw and quickly tags in Ric Flair. Flair continues to work on that leg and almost gets the win with a cover, but Hogan then Hulks up. Hogan hits a couple of rights and the big boot. He covers, but The Mountie brakes the count. All hell breaks loose and Jimmy Hart goes to the apron. Hogan clobbers him with a right hand and takes his megaphone. He nails Flair with it and covers. 1...2...3! Hogan gets the win, Vince asks if this is what we'll se at Wrestlemania, Heenan grieves, Vince reminds us one more time to order Wrestlemania and Anguish goes off the air.

Overall rating: 74

TV rating: 6.48 (Highest ever)

Wrestlemania Countdown

Vince: "Hi everyone, soon the biggest extravaganza in wrestling history will kick off - Wrestlemania 9. I'm Vince McMahon and until the event starts, we'll go through some of the matches that will take place tonight. This is the Wrestlemania Countdown."

A gladiator arena is shown and the camera zooms in to the middle of it. A second before the shot crashes to the ground, the ground explodes and some action is shown. Among the rest - Owen Hart-Shawn Michaels from Blackout, Savage hitting Bret with the belt, again from Blackout and The Dynamite Kid Swandive Heabutting The Kamikaze Kid from Monday Night Anguish. Then the shot divides to two - one showing Ric Flair in action and the other showing Hulk Hogan in action. They look in the direction of each other as the shot zooms out back to the gladiator arena, which is now jam-packed and "Wrestlemania IX" logo appears.

Vince: "Yes, Wrestlemania 9. If you made the mistake of not ordering it, make the call now and be a part of it. I promise you, you'll thank yourself when you watch this exciting event, which will feature matches such as 'Macho Man' Randy Savage vs. Bret 'The Hitman Hart, 'The Hart Break Kid' Shawn Michaels defending his Intercontinental Championship against 'The Rocket' Owen Hart and of course the main event - 'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair defending his WWF Championship against Mr. Wrestlemania himself, the immortal Hulk Hogan. All this and much more in one event. The other matches are:

(With each match there is a photo of the two/four on the screen)

Tatanka is eager to take The Mountie's TV Championship in a no DQ match.

PJ Walker and Damien Demento are looking for revenge against each other.

There is only room for one kid in the WWF - And today it will be decided who that kid is as The Dynamite Kid faces The Kamikaze Kid.

Many wrestlers have challenged The Undertaker over the year and were buried, but Razor Ramon is sure he is the man that will finally burry The Undertaker.

And The WWF Tag Team Championships are on the line when Money Inc. meet The Steiner Brothers.

Of course this all leads to the main event. Hulk Hogan made his return to the WWF earlier this year, at The Royal Rumble. Let's see what he can do."

Footage of the end of the Hulk Hogan - Barry Horowitz match from WWF Superstars is shown. We join the match with Hogan hitting a few rights, sending Horowitz to the ropes, hitting the big boot, the legdrop and the 3 count. The footage is of Hogan celebrating as McMahon's voice is in the background: "Now, Hogan isn't facing Barry Horowitz, he's facing the WWF Champion, Ric Flair, who has some impressive moves himself."

Footage of the Ric Flair-Koko B. Ware from Monday Night Anguish (2.8.93) is shown. Flair picks Koko up and hits a belly to belly suplex. He kicks away at Koko, does his little walking thing, gives a Wooo and locks in the Figure Four Leglock. Koko quickly submits and Flair wins it. The shot goes back to the studio and McMahon: "The two faced off verbally on the redebut of The Brother Love Show and some intense words were exchanged."

The Brother Love Show (Monday Night Anguish, 2.22.93)

Note: The Show is not shown in its whole, due to time limits.

Love: "Ladies and gentlemen, the immortal Hulk Hogan!"

Hogan: "I come out here and see all my Hulkamaniacs (Pop) cheer for me and it fills my hart with pride, brother. It reminds me every single day why I do this. I do this for all the little Hulkamaniacs. All the little dudes and dudets who say their prayers and take their vitamins. I do it for the red, the white and the blue brother and there is no one who can stop me, brother. Including Ric Flair."

Love: "Ladies and gentlemen, the WWF Champion - "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair!"

Flair comes out to a big heat. He taunts the crowd a bit and gets into the ring. He doesn't sit, but takes Love's mic. He seems intense.

Flair: "I'm the best thing that has ever happened to the WWF! I'm the lear-jet-flying, caviar-eating son of a gun that brought this company to where it is! I'm The Nature Boy, Ric Flair. Hogan, you stopped being the man as soon as I got here. To be the man, you've got to beat the man and you couldn't, you still can't and you never will be able to beat the man, The Nature Boy, Ric Flair! Wooo!"

Hogan: "I could beat you last year, I can beat you today and I will beat you at Wrestlemania." His music starts to a big pop and Flair shouts some stuff without a mic, but Hogan isn't finished. "And by the way, Flair, whatcha gonna do when Hulk Hogan, all his little Hulkamaniacs and the 24 inch pythons at Wrestlemania 9, run wild on you?"

Hogan poses a bit in the ring as Flair looks angry.

Vince: "Certainly two of the best wrestlers in WWF history clash in a true battle of the titans for the WWF Championship. The man who Ric Flair beat to become WWF Champion at The Royal Rumble is none other than Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, who will face 'Macho Man' Randy Savage later today. The conflict between these two started at WWF Blackout, when Bret seemed to be on the way to another title reign, with Savage as the referee."

WWF Blackout

Flair hits a German suplex bridge and gets 2. Bret looks out and Flair goes to the top. Bret, of course, was playing possum and takes Flair down. Bret looks at the crowd and signals for The Sharpshooter. Bret locks it in and Savage goes to the outside. He brings the belt in and the crowd bursts into a huge pop. Bret drops The Sharpshooter, but Savage clocks him in the head with the belt! The huge pop turns into an even huger heat. Savage goes to the top and hits The Savage Elbow! Flair covers with only his foot on top of Bret. 1...2...3! Heenan leaves the announcers' table and gets into the ring. The three raise each other's hand. Flair and Savage celebrate as Heenan goes to the back. He comes back with a bag full of cash. Vince's voice is in the background: "On Monday Night Anguish the following night, Randy Savage explained his actions."

Monday Night Anguish 2/15/93

"Macho Man" Randy Savage climbs all four turnbuckles and with each turnbuckle the heat gets bigger. He asks for a mic: "Oooooooh yeah!!! (Heat) The Macho Man is in town!...You see, last year I won the WWF Championship and I was on top of the world! But then Ric Flair won the title, and lost it to Bret Hart, which is legitimate. I accept that. But then, after Ric Flair regained his title, the spot of the number contender is open again! Now who should the number 1 contender be? Shouldn't it be the best wrestler, the man who proved he can beat Ric Flair, the man who gave the WWF it all from the day he arrived? Well, apparently not! Bret Hart gets the title shot!...there is an old saying that says: 'If you can't beat them, join them.' And that's just what I did! I joined Flair and I beat who I can beat, and that is Bret Hart, the most overrated champion in WWF history! Oooh yeah!"

Back to Vince in the studio: "Of course The Hitman was not happy about it, and he also had some things to say."

Monday Night Anguish 2/22/93

"I've faced many good wrestlers during my career in the WWF. Roddy Piper(Pop), Shawn Michaels (Heat) and Ric Flair (Heat). But I beat Piper, I beat Michaels and I beat Flair. And I was very close to beating Flair once again but that Macho Man Randy Savage (Heat) prevented me from starting my second title reign. Well, Macho Man, don't do the crime if you can't do the time. And you're going to do some time. I am the excellence of execution, the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. If I beat great wrestlers such as Piper and Flair, I certainly will have no problem beating someone like you, Savage. Say...Wrestlemania? Yeah, that's right, Savage. I'm calling you for a match. You say you're a "Macho Man"? Well, come and prove it. If you're half the man you claim you are, you will accept the challenge. You will face me at Wrestlemania 9, Savage, and you will lose. You will lose like you've never lost before. Once I lock in my Sharpshooter, you will regret everything you did at Blackout, everything you said last week and anything you thought of The Hitman. Because you can say whatever you want about me, but there's only one Macho Man between the two of us. And it's not you."

Back to Vince in the studio: "This will be a great match in which both men could let out all their anger at their opponents. Another great encounter will be the no DQ match between the TV Champion, The Mountie, and Tatanka. This all started when the TV Championship was first introduced to the WWF, and a 10-man battle royal was set to determine the first champion.

Monday Night Anguish 1.11.93

Tatanka and Bossman start brawling and Perfect goes with the Mountie. Perfect tries to hook up a suplex but Mountie reverses it and suplexes Perfect to the outside (Elimination #7). Bossman and Tatanka try to double-team Mountie and hit him with chops. Bossman tries to Death Valley drive Mountie to the outside, but Tatanka turns on him. They exchange forearms and chops as Mountie tries to revive in the corner. Tatanka tries to eliminate Bossman, but the enforcer thumbs him in the eye. Bossman hits a few right hands and tries to eliminate Tatanka, who headbutts him to brake the hold. Bossman hits an uppercut and Bossman is groggy. He goes for a clothesline but Tatanka backdrops him to the outside. (Elimination # 8) And then there were two. Jimmy Hart yells like crazy on the outside as Mountie and Tatanka lock up. Mountie uses a few knees and a dropkick. He tries to eliminate Tatanka, but Tatanka uses the momentum to eliminate Mountie. Or so we thought. Jimmy Hart uses all his strength to keep Mountie out. Mountie tries to eliminate Tatanka and with help from his manager, he eliminates thee native American. your winner and first ever WWF TV Champion - the Mountie! Vince's voice is in the background: "Tatanka got his rematch, but The Mountie and Jimmy Hart's dirty tricks did the work then as well."

WWF Royal Rumble 1993

Tatanka hits his End of the Trail. He covers, but the referee is out. Jimmy Hart yells at him and Tatanka brings him in, and not nicely I might add. Suddenly, Money Inc. come running down the aisle. Tatanka handles them both but The Mountie revives and clobbers Tatanka from behind with the megaphone. He locks in the Abdominal Stretch with leverage from the top rope while Money Inc. clobber Tatanka on the head with the briefcase and the megaphone. The Unlikely Duo come running down the aisle and all hell breaks loose on the aisle. The ref gets up and Tatanka is knocked out. He calls for the bell. The Mountie retains his TV Title.

Back to Vince in the studio: "Certainly this is Tatanka's only chance to save his dignity and beat The Mountie for the title and with no DQ, anything could happen. Another title match will be that of Shawn Michaels vs. Owen Hart for Michaels' Intercontinental gold in a steel cage. This all started when Michaels pinned Owen Hart in a tag team match also including Razor Ramon and Marty Janetty, using illegal tactics. Naturally, The Rocket wasn't too pleased about that.

Monday Night Anguish 1.11.93

Owen tries to send Michaels to the ropes, but it's reversed and HBK scores with a knee to Owen's abdomen. HBK picks Owen up and scores with a thumb to the eye. Jannetty protests and Razor goes after him. It's about time someone shut Jannetty's mouth. The ref is distracted by that as Owen hits a few rights and goes for his Russian legsweep, which is by the way one of the worst finishers in the WWF, but Michaels hits a low blow and small packs him! 1...2...3! Michaels gets the pin! Michaels celebrates, but Owen dropkicks him to the outside, much to the crowd's delight. He runs to the ropes and jumps over the opposite ropes, onto Michaels. He hits a few rights until the referee restrains him. Vince's voice is in the background: "The two faced off for Michaels' title at Blackout, but Michaels used the same tactics then as well."

WWF Blackout

Shawn goes to the outside and gets a chair from the corner. The ref and Shawn argue for a bit and the ref takes it out of his hand. The ref goes to the outside to put the chair back in the end of the aisle, but Shawn uses this to go to the outside and grab the WWF Intercontinental belt. Owen gets up and Shawn clobbers him with it. Owen is out. Shawn covers and the ref is back in the ring! 1...2...3! Shawn gets the win, takes his belt and quickly goes to the back.

Back to Vince in the studio: "To complete the title picture, the fourth title match of Wrestlemania 9 will be that of the tag team titles. Money inc. against The Steiner Brothers. The Steiner Brothers got two title shots against the champions this year, but Money Inc. used dirty tricks to get out of it, but as they say - third time's a charm."

Monday Night Anguish 1.4.93

DiBiase Backdrops Scott and turns around right into a double Steinerline by Rick Steiner. Suddenly, Rick Martel and Bam Bam Bigelow (??????????) come down the aisle and Martel has the mic: "Look, Bam Bam, how a weak tag team like The Steiners have to sweat in a match we would win in two seconds, eh?" Bam Bam agrees but Rick Steiner is distracted. DiBiase rolls him up from behind with a hand full of tights and gets the 3 count.

Monday Night Anguish 2/15/93

IRS gets in and Scott after him. IRS and Scott brawl and the ref tries to separate them. Jimmy Hart throws the megaphone into the ring and DiBiase takes it. Rick gets up and DiBiase clobbers him with it. DiBiase throws the megaphone back to Jimmy Hart as IRS and Scott Steiner brawl on the outside. The ref turns around back to the ring action and counts DiBiase's cover. DiBiase gets the 3 count and the win.

Back to Vince in the studio: "The Steiner Brothers are now familiar with Money Inc.'s style and maybe today they could finally beat them and win the titles. For many wrestlers, this is their first Wrestlemania. One of those wrestlers is Razor Ramon, and what a challenge he has to face - The Undertaker. Those two have been feuding basically because Razor wants to win a name for himself by beating the old lions of the WWF. Their feud reached one of its peaks when The Undertaker faced Shawn Michaels in one on one action.

Monday Night Anguish 1.18.93

He picks Michaels up in the Tombstone Piledriver, (which by the way is one of the most depressing names I've heard for a finishing maneuver. From now on it is called the Rainbow Piledriver) position but Razor grabs his foot and prevents him from executing the move. Taker leaves Michaels in the ring and goes after Razor. Razor goes to the back, the Undertaker behind him and Paul Bearer behind them. The ref reaches the 10 count and calls for the bell.

Back to Vince in the studio: "And to complete the Wrestlemania puzzle, we have two more Wrestlemania debuters - Damien Demento and PJ Walker. The two battled for a Royal Rumble qualification, but drew due to a double DQ. Neither man has forgotten about that and this is what happened when Demento got the help of one Harvey Wippleman."

Monday Night Anguish 1.25.93

Harvey Wippleman and Damien Demento are standing in the pre-recorded comments studio. Tonight's background color: Blue!

Wippleman starts talking: "Walker, you can understand why we can be mad at you. The last thing you want to do is get this monster mad at you. Because he is relentless. Walker, we will find you, we will demolish you and with you out of the way we will fulfill Demento's fait by getting to the peak of the mountain that is the World Wrestling Federation!" Vince (background): "But Walker showed no fear and challenged Demento to a match

The Brother Love Show (Monday Night Anguish, 3.1.93)

Walker: "I watched Monday Night Anguish last week and saw Harvey Wippleman say that Damien Demento and I should finish this once and for all. So I'm challenging Damien Demento to a rematch from the first ever Anguish, a 1 on 1 match at Wrestlemania 9. And Love, after your Dynamite Kid loses to The Kamikaze Kid (Pop), you will see at Wrestlemania how a true wrestler (Points to himself) wins matches."

Vince (in studio): "It should be a great encounter, as well as all the other matches. Well, folks, the time is up. It's time to go to Ceaser's Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada for Wrestlemania 9! I'm Vince McMahon, saying enjoy the ride!"

You are more than welcomed to post your predictions.

Edited by kaplanir

It all looks solid and I like the writing

I'm wondering if you're using EWR or TEW, and if its TEW, where'd you get the 93 scenario

In a non-televised match Darren Malenko defeated Beau Beverly via submission. (55, 54, 56)

Gorilla: "Welcome everyone to the biggest toga party in history! Welcome everyone to a jam-packed Roman coliseum here in Ceaser's Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada! Welcome everyone to Wrestlemania 9! Hi everyone, I'm Gorilla Monsoon, along side Bobby Heenan. Brain, we have 8 great matches scheduled for tonight!

Bobby Heenan: "Great? Great will be an insult to these matches!"

Gorilla: "Let's go to Tony Chimel in the ring!"

Tony Chimel is in the ring, dressed in a toga: "Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you the ring announcer for tonight - The Finkus!"

Howard Finkel comes riding on a camel and gets to the ring to decent ovations. He takes the mic, works the crowd up a bit and we finally begin.

Finkus: "The following contest, scheduled for one fall is for the WWF Television Championship and it is under no disqualification! There will be a 20 minute time limit! Introducing first, being accompanied by his manager, 'The Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart, from Canada, weighing 245 lbs., he is the WWF Television Champion - The Mountie!"

The Mountie and Jimmy Hart are escorted by belly dancers to the ring.

Monsoon: "What a way to kick it off, here at Wrestlemania 9."

Heenan: "Jimmy Hart is going to take care of this match quickly so he can be with Money Inc. in time for their match against The Steiner Brothers."

The Mountie takes the mic: "I am The Mountie!!! (Heat)

An Indian chant is played to a decent pop.

Monsoon: "Listen to this ovation!"

Heenan: "What? I can't hear you!"

Monsoon: "This place is going bananas!"

Finkus: "His opponent and challenger - from Pembroke, North Carolina; Weighing at 235 lbs. - Tatanka!"

Tatanka comes running to the ring without belly dancers. He dances a bit in the ring, and then climbs to the second rope of each turnbuckle. The bell is rung.

No DQ match for the WWF TV Title: The Mountie © (w/ Jimmy Hart) vs. Tatanka

The two men lock up and Mountie sends Tatanka to the ropes. He ducks a clothesline attempt, but Mountie catches him on the second exchange. The Mountie sends Tatanka to the outside. He gets a chair and brings it into the ring. The Mountie picks Tatanka up and slams him onto the chair. Tatanka wrenches in pain as The Mountie taunts the crowd. Tatanka gets up and The Mountie hits a good elevation dropkick. The Mountie picks Tatanka up and hits a gut buster. Heenan points out that he may be softening that abdomen area for his Abdominal Stretch. The Mountie picks Tatanka up, but gets kicked in the gut. Tatanka takes the chair and hits Mountie with it. The chair is bent and Tatanka climbs to the top. Mountie gets up and Tatanka hits a bulldog. Cover gets a very close 2 count. Tatanka runs to the ropes and goes for a splash, but Mountie moves out of the way. The Mountie gets up first after the ref reaches 6. The Mountie hits a brain buster and continues to control for about 3 minutes until Tatanka blocks a northern lights suplex and counters it to a DDT. Tatanka gets a close 2 cover. Tatanka sends The Mountie to the ropes and hits a hip toss. Tatanka hits a few right hands and goes for the End of the Trail, but The Mountie runs of the ring. Tatanka goes after him and Irish whips him to the guardrail. Tatanka rolls The Mountie back into the ring. Tatanka hits The Mountie with headbutts. He sends him to the ropes and hits a flapjack. Cover gets a very close 2 count. Tatanka rolls to the outside and looks under the ring. He gets a trash can and throws it into the ring. The Mountie picks it up and laughs in Jimmy Hart's direction. As he turns around, Tatanka kicks him in the gut and puts the can on his head. The Mountie is full of trash and can't see a thing. Tatanka hits a dropkick to the can and Mountie. Tatanka picks The Mountie up and hits a fallaway slam. Cover gets a close 2 count. Tatanka rolls back to the outside and gets the lids from the cans. He tries to hit The Mountie with it, but Mountie low blows him and takes the advantage. He controls the match for a couple of more minutes until Tatanka blocks a suplex attempt and hits one of his own. Tatanka goes to the outside and takes a cane from under the ring. The Mountie gets up and Tatanka hits him with the cane. Cover gets another very close 2. Tatanka argues with the ref until Mountie gets up and then hits the champion with rights. The Mountie tries to Irish whip Tatanka, but gets sent himself. Tatanka quickly picks up the chair and hits Mountie in the head with it! 1...2...Jimmy Hart takes the referee to the outside and nails him with a right hand. Tatanka goes after Hart and chases him around the ring, but The Mountie gets up and goes after Tatanka. The Native American doesn't fall for that and nails The Mountie with tomahawk chops. He rolls The Mountie back in and the two exchange the rights. The ref in the meantime, gets back up and into the ring. The two keep exchanging rights with Tatanka taking the advantage. Jimmy Hart hops onto the apron and throws the megaphone into the ring. Tatanka clotheslines Mountie down and the champ can't get to the megaphone. Tatanka grabs Jimmy Hart and throws him into the ring. Shades of The Royal Rumble. Tatanka hits the End of the Trail on Jimmy Hart! He turns around...and The Mountie clobbers him with the megaphone! 1...2...3! The Mountie retains his title at 15:14! He rolls a wounded Jimmy Hart to the outside and helps him to the back.

The Mountie gained overness from this feud ending.

Tatanka gained overness from this feud ending.

The WWF TV Title has gained in image.

Monsoon: "What a cheap shot by The Mountie, and he retains the WWF TV Championship!"

Heenan: "What do you mean cheap shot? It's a No DQ match!"

Monsoon: "But The Mountie couldn't beat Tatanka alone, he needed Jimmy Hart for it!"

Heenan: "What are managers for?"

Finkus: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is with a 20 minute time limit! Introducing first, the manager - Dr. Harvey..."

Wippleman steals the mic.

Wippleman: "Wippleman. You shut up, you big baboon. Now I want everyone in this coliseum to stand up and show respect to the man who will demolish PJ Walker - from parts unknown, weighing at a lean 258 lbs. - The Monster - Damien Demento!"

Monsoon: "Damien Demento, making his Wrestlemania debut."

Heenan: "Walker prevented Demento from participating in The Royal Rumble but instead, he got him a Wrestlemania match!"

Monsoon: "You mean Wrestlemania beating."

Heenan: "No, I don't!"

Walker's music plays to a weak pop.

Monsoon: "And here comes Walker!"

Finkus: "And his opponent - from New York City, New York; weighing 225 lbs. - PJ Walker!"

Heenan: "I don't like this guy."

Monsoon: "Nobody asked you! PJ Walker making his Wrestlemania debut!"

Walker comes with two belly dancers and in the middle of the way. The dancers kiss him on the cheek and he runs into the ring.

Damien Demento (w/ Harvey Wippleman) vs PJ Walker

Walker runs into the ring and hits a few rights. He bodyslams Demento. Demento gets up and Walker hits a clothesline. Demento gets up and catches another one. Walker picks Demento up and hits a fallaway slam. Demento rolls to the outside and bangs on the apron. Harvey Wippleman calms him down and we are able to hear: "He's nothing. You're Damien Demento!" Demento comes back in and the two lock up. Walker locks a hammerlock, but Demento elbows him in the face. Demento hits Walker with right hands, double axe handles, forearms and elbows. Demento goes to the second rope and hits a flying clothesline. Cover gets 2. Demento goes for another one, but this time Walker ducks. Walker picks Demento up and hits a piledriver. Cover gets a very close 2 count. Demento gets up and Walker hits a dropkick. Then another. Third one sends Demento over the top rope to the outside. Walker hits a plancha and some right hands. Walker climbs to the apron and goes for a cross body, but Demento moves out of the way. The two roll back in when the ref gets to a 6 count. They continue brawling and Walker takes the advantage. He maintains it until Walker blocks a moonsault and turns it into a pumphandle slam. Demento sends Walker to the ropes and hits the big boot. Cover gets 2. Demento climbs to the second rope and hits a flying double axe handle. Demento runs to the ropes and hits a shoulder block. Cover gets another close 2 count. Demento goes for another shoulder block, but Walker uses his quickness to execute a crucifix for 2. They get up and Walker quickly locks in a headlock. Demento sends him to the ropes; they avoid each other on the first exchange but on the second one butt heads. The ref reaches a 7 count and Walker is up first. Walker tries to lock in an abdominal stretch, but Demento quickly breaks it with a hip toss. Demento picks Walker up and hits an airplane spin. He then locks in an arm bar. Walker uses Demento's weird hair to send him to the turnbuckle. He sends him to the opposite turnbuckle and then hits a Stinger-splash like avalanche. Demento gets out of the corner and Walker back drops him. Cover gets 2. Walker signals for the Implant DDT, but Wippleman distracts him and gives Demento time to recuperate. When Walker turns around Demento hits a backbreaker and dominates for a minute or two with some basic brawling and power moves. Walker breaks this chain by countering a back suplex into a sunset flip for 2. Walker tries a Lou Thesz press, but Demento catches him and locks in a bear hug. Walker fights it with right hands and a clothesline. Walker goes for a belly to back suplex, but is countered into a belly to back suplex by Demento, which is countered when Walker lands on his feet and rolls up Demento for 2. Demento gets up and Walker hits him with some head scissors. Walker signals again for the Implant DDT, but Wippleman is again on the apron. Walker grabs him and Demento runs at him, but Walker moves out of the way and Demento collides with Wippleman. Demento is angry and turns around right into the Implant DDT! 1...2...3! Walker wins it at 17:11! He rolls to the outside, where the referee raises his arm in victory.

PJ Walker gained overness from this feud ending.

Damien Demento gained overness from this ending.

Monsoon: "PJ Walker wins his first ever Wrestlemania match!"

Heenan: "But he couldn't do it himself!"

Monsoon: "Yes, Wippleman and Demento's stupidity sure did help him."

Heenan: "Hey!"

Finkus: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it will be with a 20 minute time limit!"

The Kamikaze Kid's music plays to a weak pop.

Monsoon : "And here comes the sensation!"

Heenan: "What are you talking about? Ric Flair's match is later!"

Monsoon: "I'm talking about The Kamikaze Kid of course!"

Finkus: "Introducing first, accompanied by his manager Jim Cornette, from Minneapolis, Minnesota; weighing 213 lbs. - The Kamikaze Kid!"

The Kamikaze Kid comes running without belly dancers, gets into the ring, hops around in the ring a bit and then The Dynamite Kid's music plays to a heat.

Finkus: "And introducing his opponent - accompanied by his manager, Brother Love, from Golborne, Lancashire, England; weighing 228 lbs. - The Dynamite Kid!"

Monsoon: "This is The Dynamite Kid's first Wrestlemania since we were in Atlantic City for Wrestlemania 4!"

The Dynamite Kid and Brother Love each have a belly dancer and they leave them when they get into the ring.

Heenan: "But back then he was a tag team wrestlers, now he stands on his own two feet."

Monsoon: "Which are placed on Brother Love's feet."

Heenan: "Quit it, Monsoon."

The Kamikaze Kid (w/ Jim Cornette) vs. The Dynamite Kid (w/ Brother Love)

The two begin a quick moves sequence which ends with The Dynamite Kid sending The Kamikaze Kid to the ropes and hitting a spinning kick. He goes to the top and goes for the legdrop from the top rope, but The Kamikaze Kid moves out of the way. The Kamikaze Kid quickly gets to his feet a-la Shawn Michaels and prepares. The Dynamite Kid gets up - and The Kamikaze Kid nails him with a superkick. The Kamikaze Kid uses some right hands and gets the crowd worked up. The Kamikaze Kid hops to the apron and Brother Love attempts to catch his foot, but Jim Cornette warns him. The Kamikaze Kid hits a springboard dropkick. 1..2...Brother Love pulls the referee. Jim Cornette chases him and they go each man to his corner. The Kamikaze Kid goes for a hip toss, but The Dynamite Kid counters it into a backslide for 2. The Dynamite Kid sends The Kamikaze Kid to the ropes, kicks him in the gut and hits a great DDT. He taunts the crowd, who respond with a boo. The Dynamite Kid continues to control until a Hurrancarana attempt of his is countered into a powerbomb for 2. The Kamikaze Kid runs to the ropes and hits a clothesline. The Dynamite Kid gets up, and gets nailed with another one. The two lock up and The Kamikaze Kid locks in a headlock. He sends him to the ropes and lowers his head. The Dynamite Kid goes for a suplex, but The Kamikaze Kid slides through the back door and hits a swinging neckbreaker. Cover gets 2. The Kamikaze Kid hits two consecutive dropkicks and gets another close 2 count. The Kamikaze Kid sends The Dynamite Kid to the turnbuckle and tries to send him to the opposite to the eye, but instead gets poked in the eye. The Dynamite Kid goes for a scoop slam, but The Kamikaze Kid again escapes through the back door and rolls him up for 2. The Kamikaze Kid runs to the ropes and gets a crucifix for 2. The Kamikaze Kid runs towards The Dynamite Kid, who tries to backdrop him to the outside, but The Kamikaze Kid lands on the apron. The Dynamite Kid turns around and The Kamikaze Kid headbutts him in the gut. Sunset flip gets 2. The Dynamite Kid runs to the ropes but The Kamikaze Kid gets him with a spinning heel kick. Cover gets 2. The Kamikaze Kid hits an arm drag and locks in an arm bar. The Dynamite Kid uses the hair and sends The Kamikaze Kid to the ropes. The Dynamite Kid kicks him in the gut and hits a DDT. Cover gets 2. The Dynamite Kid continues to dominate the match for about 3 minutes until a backslide attempt is fabulously countered into an inside cradle for 2. He signals for The Lightning Kick and goes to the top. Brother Love hops on the apron but Jim Cornette takes him down and starts hitting him with right hands. The Kamikaze Kid is distracted by the brawl and The Dynamite Kid rolls him up from behind with a hand full of tights! 1...2...3! The Dynamite Kid gets the win at 15:06! He quickly rolls to the outside and gets his manager out of the predicament. They raise each other's arm in victory.

The Dynamite Kid gained overness from this feud ending.

The Kamikaze Kid gained overness from this feud ending.

Gorilla: "What a cheap win for The Dynamite Kid!"

Heenan: "Hey, Monsoon, a win is a win, especially at Wrestlemania."

Gorilla: "What about the things Wrestlemania stands for? The beauty of competition, that makes this sport so great?"

Heenan: "What are you talking about?"

Gorilla: "Oh, forget it. I don't know why... (Suddenly, The Undertaker's gongs are heard). The time for talk is over - here comes the dead man!"

Finkus: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is with a 20 minute time limit! Introducing first, being accompanied by Paul Bearer, from Death Valley, and weighing at 325 lbs. - The Undertaker!"

The Undertaker and Paul Bearer get in the ring with their usual spooky entrance, only without the darkness, being in an open arena and all.

Gorilla: "The Undertaker. There never was, there isn't and I believe there will never be a wrestler quite like him."

Heenan: "Yeah, talk about not your catch as catch can wrestler. He comes out there to kick some butt, but Razor is going to put a stop to it in a couple of minutes."

Gorilla: "He is not."

The Undertaker's music stops and Razor's begins.

Finkus: "And his opponent - from Miami, Florida; weighing 280 lbs. - Razor Ramon!"

Razor, being his cocky self, comes out with the gold and the toothpick as always. He has two belly dancers, one to each arm. They kiss him on the cheek and he goes in.

Gorilla: "Among other things, Wrestlemania also stands for the power of The Undertaker - two years ago he beat a legend in Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka, who thought he could stop him. Last year he defeated Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, who also he could stop him. And this year..."

Heenan: "Wait, are you implying there's a chance Razor will lose here?"

Gorilla: "I'm not implying, I'm saying it as it is - Razor is the underdog in this encounter!"

Heenan: "Who cares what you say, I'm the popular one."

Gorilla: "Yeah, sure."

The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) vs Razor Ramon

After Razor gives Finkus his gold and threatens him Razor and The Undertaker stand face to face. Razor talks some trash and hand-gestures what he's going to do to Taker. He throws the toothpick at him and The Undertaker gets to one knee in the direction of Paul Bearer and the urn. Razor uses the opening to attack Taker with forearms and some open hand fists. Razor picks Taker up and slams him. The Undertaker sits up and Razor picks him up. He sends him to the ropes and hits a kneelift. He slams The Undertaker a couple of more times and The Undertaker sits up after every slam. Razor tries to kick The Undertaker, but the dead man sees it coming and blocks the kick. He hits a few uppercuts and a face-crusher. He again goes to one knee in Paul Bearer and the urn's direction to a pop.

The Undertaker turns around and Razor hits him with a kick to the gut. Razor's Edge coming up! Connects! 1...2...The Undertaker throws Razor to the outside and sits up! The crowd goes crazy, so does Gorilla Monsoon and Heenan starts to have second thoughts about Razor's chances. The Undertaker goes to the outside after Razor and rams him into the post. He then throws Razor back in. He tries to Irish whip Razor, but it's reversed and The Undertaker ducks a Razor elbow attempt. The Undertaker hits a great flying clothesline on the rebound. He continues to control the match until Razor uses The Undertaker's head being lowered to hit a piledriver. He covers, but only gets 2. Gorilla indicates that the last kick out was not with much authority. Razor hits a tornado punch and looks to be in control. He covers and gets another close 2 count. Razor signals for another Razor's Edge, but The Undertaker sits up from behind him. The Undertaker hits him with uppercuts, but Razor kicks him in the gut and hits a suplex. Razor hits a swinging neckbreaker and gets another close 2 count. Back suplex connects and Razor taunts the crowd a bit. He hits a few elbows on The Undertaker, but the dead man sits up again. Razor continues his offence with a great spinebuster. He covers, but The Undertaker sits up again. Razor picks him up and locks in an Abdominal Stretch, with the heel-top-rope-grabbing. It's simply amazing how every time the referee goes to see if the hold is legit, Razor lets go of the top rope. Eventually, the ref notices the rope grabbing and after Razor raises his arms in an "I didn't do it" hold, The Undertaker gets out of the hold with a hip toss. Razor clotheslines The Undertaker to the outside, but he lands on his feet. Razor picks Taker by the hair, but gets his neck met with the top rope. The Undertaker goes back in and twists Razor's arm. He holds onto the arm and climbs to the top rope. He showboats his agility with some top rope walking and hits Razor with a forearm to the back. The Undertaker dominates the match until he goes for the flying clothesline again, and Razor ducks. The Undertaker goes all the way to the outside from the momentum and Razor is right after him. He rolls The Undertaker back in, but the dead man sits up. They exchange rights in their own style - Razor using open hand fists and Taker using uppercuts. The Undertaker takes the advantage and backs Razor into the corner. Razor hits him with a poke to the eye and takes him down. Razor covers...with his feet on the second rope! 1...2...3! Razor upsets The Undertaker at 18:00! Paul Bearer gets in the ring and Razor knocks him down with a right hand. He takes the urn and smashes Taker in the head with it. He celebrates in the ring, but The Undertaker sits up. Razor runs to the back and Taker goes to one knee in the direction of Paul Bearer and the urn.

Razor Ramon gained overness from this feud ending.

The Undertaker gained overness from this feud ending.

Gorilla: "Razor Ramon steals the match, but it looks like The Undertaker has won the war!"

Heenan: "What are you talking about? He pinned him 1-2-3 in the middle of that ring!"

Gorilla: "Yeah, with his feet on the bottom rope!"

Heenan: "What's your point?"

Gorilla: "Ah...Forget it."

Finkus: "The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is for the WWF Tag Team Championships! (Bwahahaha) Introducing first, coming down the aisle, at a total combined weight of 506 lbs. - They are the WWF Tag Team Champions: The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase and IRS, Money Incorporated!"

The champions come to the ring, without Jimmy Hart, but with four belly dancers. One for each arm. The kisses ritual happens and the champions get into the ring.

Gorilla: "We might have an interesting situation here. No Jimmy Hart for Money Inc.."

Heenan: "It's all because of that Tatanka! Damn him!"

Gorilla: "Well, I guess he should have thought about it twice when he tried to interfere in our opening contest."

Heenan: "Damn that Tatanka!"

The Steiner Brothers' music plays to a pop.

Gorilla: "Oh, and here come the challengers!"

Finkus: "Their opponents and challengers - weighing in a total combined weight of 556 lbs. - Rick and Scott, The Steiner Brothers!"

The Steiner Brothers look focused as they come to the ring, hi-fiving some fans. They have no belly dancers with them.

Gorilla: "Brain, I believe The Steiner Brothers are the toughest opponents Money Inc. will meet in their current title reign."

Heenan: "What are you talking about? They've faced The Steiners before!"

Gorilla: "Not without Jimmy Hart they didn't."

Heenan: "Oh..."

Money Inc. © vs The Steiner Brothers (For The WWF Tag Team Titles)

IRS and Rick start the match. They lock up and Rick hits an overhead belly to belly suplex. IRS gets up, slows down and they lock up again. Rick again gets the upper hand and hits a suplex. Quick cover gets 2. Rick picks up IRS and tags in Scott. They hit a double scoop slam and Scott covers for 2. Scott picks up IRS and hits a back suplex. He walks towards IRS, who uses his tights to send him crashing into the second turnbuckle. IRS tags in DiBiase who covers for 2. He picks up Scott and hits a great tiger bomb. Cover gets 2 after Rick breaks it. DiBiase is not finished and he picks up Scotty Steiner. Swinging neckbreaker finds the mark. DiBiase laughs to the crowd, who respond with a heat. DiBiase goes to hit a right hand, but it is blocked by Scott. Another one is blocked and Scott quickly hits a snap suplex and both men are down. Rick gets the hot tag! Rick gets in and delivers right hands to DiBiase. IRS tried to get in and Rick Steinerlines him to the outside. Rick continues to control the match for a minute or so until DiBiase pokes him in the eye and tags in IRS. IRS hits Rick with rights and some elbow drops. Cover gets 2. IRS locks in a reversed chin lock with his feet on the bottom rope. Scott comes in to protest, but Ted DiBiase gets in and takes over the reversed chin lock, with his feet on the bottom rope. Scott gets in again and IRS gets tagged back in. Rick Steiner uses the crowd cheers to get up. He hits IRS with elbows to the stomach. Rick Steiner sends IRS to the ropes and the two collide and butt heads. They're both again and Rick gets up first. And now it's Scott's turn to get the hot tag! He Steinerlines IRS to the outside and then DiBiase. He works up the crowd and the champions take the belts and start walking to the back. Rick goes after them and butt their heads. He sends DiBiase into the barricade and IRS back into the ring. Scott continues his offence with a Frankensteiner attempt, but IRS reverses it into a powerbomb for 2. IRS is also exhausted, but he manages to place his arm on Scott's chest for 2. They get up and exchange rights. Scott locks in a headlock. DiBiase tries to turn it into a back suplex, but Scott reverses it into a sunset flip, which is broken when IRS kicks Scott in the face. Rick gets in and attacks IRS. Scott joins him and they Steinerline IRS to the outside. Scott looks at the briefcase and asks the crowd. The ref warns him and in the meantime Rick climbs to the top rope. DiBiase turns around...Flying Steinerline! Rick rolls out of the ring! Scott covers! 1...2...3! We have new WWF Tag Team Champions at 09:32! The Steiner Brothers take the belt and the ref raises their arms next to the ring.

IRS gained overness from this feud ending.

Ted DiBiase gained overness from this feud ending.

Rick Steiner gained overness from this feud ending.

Scott Steiner gained overness from this feud ending.

The WWF Tag Team Titles have gained in image.

Gorilla: "They did it! We have new champions!"

Heenan: "It's all because of Tatanka! Tatanka I say!"

Gorilla: "No one cares what you say! The Steiner Brothers deserved this win and they got it fair and square!"

Heenan: "Tatanka!"

Gorilla: "Will you shut up? Well, they are putting the steel cage together for the steel cage match. Certainly an attraction. We haven't had a steel cage match at Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania 2, when Hulk Hogan beat King Kong Bundy for the WWF Championship. It certainly will be great if there is also a steel cage match and the immortal one also wins a WWF Championship match, now wouldn't it?"

Heenan: "No, it wouldn't!"

Gorilla: "Well, it looks like they're ready down there. Let's go to The Finkus!"

Finkus: "The following contest is the steel cage match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship! The only way to win this match is by escaping the cage, with both your feet touching the floor. There are two ways to get out of the cage - to climb it and go through the door."

Owen Hart's music starts to a strong pop.

Finkus: "Introducing first the challenger, from Calgary, Alberta, Canada and weighing 227 lbs. - 'The Rocket' Owen Hart!"

Owen Hart comes out and climbs the cage to the inside. He doesn't have belly dancers.

Gorilla: "Last year at Wrestlemania Owen beat Skinner. What a road he made since then. Now he is highlighting a main attraction, with an opportunity to win his first title in the WWF."

Heenan: "Monsoon, don't forget who's he going up against."

Gorilla: "There's no doubt Shawn Michaels is one of the best Intercontinental Champions in WWF history, but I think he has a very tough challenger in Owen Hart."

"Sexy Boy" starts.

Finkus: "And his opponent - from San Antonio, Texas and weighing 225 lbs.. He is the WWF Intercontinental Champion - 'The Hart Break Kid' Shawn Michaels!"

Gorilla: "This guy's talent is overshadowed by his arrogance and cockiness."

Heenan: "What are you talking about? Nothing can overshadow Michaels' talent. He is one of the best!"

Gorilla: "I've never doubted that! But he is cocky. That's a fact."

Heenan: "The next olympic games will be played at Atlanta."

Gorilla: "What does that has to do with anything?"

Heenan: "It doesn't. But that's a face also."

Gorilla: "You're unbearable sometimes."

Heenan: "Thank you."

Shawn Michaels comes out with his arms up and his sunglasses. In the middle, he goes back and takes the belly dancers. He talks to them all the way, probably about how great he is, kisses them both and takes the sunglasses. He takes them off and goes through the door. He looks at Owen with a look of contempt.

Owen Hart vs Shawn Michaels © (For The WWF Intercontinental Title)

The two lock up and Shawn hits a bodyslam. He gives Owen the same look he gave him when he got into the ring. Michaels picks Owen up and throws him into the cage face first. He runs to the other side of the cage and starts climbing it, but Owen comes running and pulls him down. Michaels lands on the top rope in a tough position. Owen hits a neckbreaker and a couple of dropkicks. He hits a couple of right hands and sends him to the turnbuckle. Owen runs and hits a bulldog. Owen starts climbing the cage, but Michaels starts climbing faster. They exchange rights and finally go crashing to the mat. Michaels is the first up and he hits a few elbows on Owen Hart. Shawn starts climbing the cage, but he sees Owen is getting up. He hops onto the top rope and then hits a spinning heel kick. Michaels climbs to the top and goes for an elbow drop from the top rope, but Owen moves out of the way. Owen gets up first and starts kicking Michaels. He goes for a flying clothesline, but Michaels ducks it. Michaels starts climbing the cage quickly, but Owen takes him down with a powerbomb. Both men are down. Michaels gets up first and picks Owen up. He takes Owen to the cage wall and runs his face over the steel. Owen is bleeding. Michaels yells to the crowd, but Owen dropkicks his back, which drives him face first into the cage and again both men are down. They get up at about the same time and Michaels goes for a dropkick, but Owen grabs his feet and locks in The Sharpshooter! Michaels taps out, but it does him no good. Owen releases the hold and starts climbing the cage. Michaels catches up to the challenger and goes to the top rope. He grabs Owen and delivers a back suplex from the top rope! Owen is out cold! Michaels starts crawling and gets out through the door. It's over. Michaels retains his title at 12:45! Both men look beat and Michaels can barely stand on his own two feet.

Shawn Michaels gained overness from this feud ending.

Owen Hart gained overness from this feud ending.

The WWF Intercontinental Title has gained in image.

Gorilla: "What a battle! And it is fit we are in a Roman coliseum, because these men battled like gladiators on a good day. They just put their careers and health on the line for the gold."

Heenan: "Monsoon, I'm in shock. I've seen some cage matches in my day, but not something like this. This was amazing and I have to hand it to Owen Hart. I didn't think he had it in him, but he just battled until the very last moment, but in the end of the day, Michaels turned out to be the better wrestler.'

Gorilla: "This certainly will be a talked about match for years to come, as will this Wrestlemania be! And we aren't finished yet! We have two more great grudge matches to go and...(Randy Savage's music starts) And I guess we're about to start one of them.

Finkus: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is with a 20 minute time limit! Introducing first, from Sarasota, Florida and weighing 273 lbs. - 'Macho Man' Randy Savage!

Savage comes out to a big heat with two belly dancers, they kiss him. Savage gets into the ring and climbs to the top rope for the heat to get stronger.

Gorilla: "This match is all about hatred. Pure hatred."

Heenan: "Yes, Savage hates lucky guys who think they can wrestle like Bret Hart."

Gorilla: "You don't know what you're talking about. (Bret Hart's music starts) But here's a guy who knows what he's talking about very well! The excellence of execution!"

Finkus: "And his opponent from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, weighing 234 lbs. - Bret 'The Hitman' Hart!

Bret comes to the ring with no belly dancers, poses a bit and gives a front-row young fan his shades.

Gorilla: "Many people, including The Hitman himself, believed before Blackout that Bret Hart will be the man who would wrestle Hulk Hogan tonight for the WWF Championship."

Heenan: "But there was a change of plans."

Gorilla: "Yeah, a change of plans called Randy Savage."

Bret Hart vs Randy Savage

They lock up and Bret hits a belly to belly suplex. Savage takes him down by the knee and picks him up. Scoop slam finds the mark. Savage picks Bret up and hits a Death Valley driver for 2. He continues to control the match for about two minutes until Savage goes for a piledriver, but Bret reverses it into a backdrop. Bret picks Savage up and hits a vertical suplex. He picks him up again and this time hits a snap suplex. Cover gets 2. Bret hits a tiger driver for another close 2 count. Bret runs to the ropes and Savage drop toe holds him. Savage sends Bret to the ropes and the hits a spinebuster. Cover gets 2. Savage sends Bret to the corner and hits him with some stiff knife edge chops. Bret responds with some right hands and goes to the top. Savage tries to fight him off, but Bret catches him. Bret lifts Savage...and hits a sit-out powerbomb from the top rope! Bret barely gets the cover! 1...2...3! It's over! Bret made short work of Savage at 10:09! Bret gives some hi-fives to fans on his way out.

Randy Savage gained overness from this feud ending.

Gorilla: "Bret made very short work from Savage, Brain!"

Heenan: "Monsoon, that doesn't matter anymore. None of the matches matter anymore compared to what we are about to see."

Gorilla: "People referred to it as battle of the titans, clash of giants. The main event is now.

Finkus: "The following contest, scheduled for one fall is for the World Wrestling Federation Championship! (Pop, which turns into heat when Flair's music starts) Introducing first, from Charlotte, North Carolina, weighing 243 lbs. - he is the World Wrestling Federation Champion - 'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair!"

Ric Flair comes walking to the ring with the occasional wooo and two belly dancers. They kiss him on the cheek, Flair asks for one more from each and he gets four kisses overall. He gives one more wooo and gets into the ring.

Gorilla: "This is Ric Flair's second Wrestlemania. Last year at Wrestlemania, he lost his WWF Championship to Randy Savage, the man who saved Flair's title last month at Blackout!"

Heenan: "Why do you sound so surprise? So it took Savage some time to realize who the good guys are, that's no reason to tease him."

Gorilla: "That's not what I'm talking about and you know it.

Real American starts.

Gorilla: "Listen to this ovation!"

Finkus: "His opponent and challenger from Venice Beach, California and weighing 302 lbs. - Hulk Hogan!"

Hogan comes out with no belly dancers, looks at the crowd for a bit and starts walking towards the ring, pointing and looking at Flair the whole time.

Gorilla: "They call him immortal, they call him Mr. Wrestlemania, they call him everything that is good in this great country. Hulk Hogan."

Heenan: "Monsoon, it's no longer about what they say. It's what they do. These two have battled verbally and physically over the last few weeks, in and out of the ring. This is it."

Ric Flair © vs Hulk Hogan (For The WWF World Title)

The bell rings and the two lock up. Hogan hits Flair with a kick to the gut and goes for the suplex, but Flair slides through the back door and hits a clothesline. Hogan gets up and goes to the corner, where Flair hits him with some stiff knife edge chops. Flair hits a couple of right hands, but Hogan responds with right hands of his own. Flair backs off and then crashes to the mat. Hogan sends Flair to the turnbuckle and squashes him with a clothesline. Flair gets out of the corner and Hogan DDT's him. Cover gets 2. Hogan sends Flair to the ropes and hits a side suplex but the cover gets only 2 again. Hogan goes for an elbow drop, but Flair moves out of the way. Flair controls the match for about 3 minutes until he goes for a belly to belly suplex, but Hogan blocks it and hits a couple of rights. Hogan sends Flair to the turnbuckle and he flips. He runs on the apron and goes to the top, but Hogan gets him down. Hogan poses and scratches Flair's back. Flair pokes him in the eye and does his wooo-Flair walk combo. He hits Hogan with some more knife edge chops in the corner and tries to send him to the opposite one, but Hogan reverses it and Flair again flips onto the apron. He runs, but Hogan clotheslines him to the outside. Hogan goes after Flair and tries to Irish whip him into the guardrail. Flair reverses it and Hogan crashes into the steel guardrail. He picks Hogan up and tries to ram him into the post. Hogan breaks the referee's count and goes after Flair. The two continue to brawl on the outside with the dominant one breaking the count until Flair reverses a Hogan bodyslam on the concrete attempt and neckbreakers him onto it. Flair breaks the count and takes a camera chord. He starts to choke Hogan, but the referee doesn't want to disqualify him. Monsoon says that Flair is trying to get himself disqualified in order to keep his title. Flair rolls Hogan back in and covers for 2. He doesn't look frustrated and continues his offence. Flair goes to the corner and hits a kneedrop on Hogan. Flair goes for the Figure Four Leg Lock, but Hogan kicks him over the top rope. Flair goes back in and hits Hogan with some right hands. The ref gets him off and Flair continues with the right hands. He waits for Hogan to get up and hits a dropkick and an atomic drop. Hogan is down. Flair goes to the top rope and Hogan gets up. Double axhandle connects. Flair continues to control the match for a minute or so. Flair hits a couple of more kneedrops and seems to be in control. Flair uses his strength to pick up Hogan and hit a shin breaker. Flair covers and gets another close 2 count. Flair goes for a clothesline, but Hogan moves out of the way and the ref gets hit. Flair hits a low blow and goes to get the belt. He waits for Hogan to get up and hits him with it. The ref gets up and counts! 1...2...No! Hogan kicks out and starts Hulking up. He shakes his head, getting momentum and pointing at Flair "YOU!" Hogan hits a couple of rights to Flair. He sends him to the ropes and hits a big boot. Hogan runs to the ropes...Legdrop connects! 1...2...3! Hogan wins the title for the 5th time at 21:25! Hogan celebrates in the ring.

Monsoon: "It's over! Hogan did it! Hulk Hogan has won the title for the 5th time!"

Heenan: "No! No! No!"

Monsoon: "Ladies and gentlemen (Fireworks start) Oh! Ladies and gentlemen, we've had a great night tonight! For Bobby Heenan, I'm Gorilla Monsoon! Good night everybody!"

Overall rating: 81

Buy rate: 1.39

Edited by kaplanir

Newsflash

*Hogan's the champion, my friend!

Wrestlemania 9 featured a WWF Championship change. Hulk Hogan won the title for the 5th time, defeating Ric Flair. Hogan used his patented Legdrop to win the title and right now there are many speculations regarding his opponent. The first option was Randy Savage, but this is not sure due to his loss to Bret Hart at Wrestlemania. The second option was Shawn Michaels in a title vs. title feud. The third option was the much over Razor Ramon, and this is also the most likely one. Keep in mind a big name in the WWF promised us a huge storyline turn after Wrestlemania a couple of weeks ago.

Other results:

In a dark match, Darren Malenko defeated Beau Beverly via submission.

The Mountie pinned Tatanka in a no DQ match to retain his TV Championship (15:14).

PJ Walker pinned Damien Demento (17:11).

The Dynamite Kid pinned The Kamikaze Kid (15:06).

Razor Ramon pinned The Undertaker (18:00).

The Steiner Brothers defeated Money Inc. to win the Tag Team Championships when Scott Steiner pinned Ted DiBiase (09:32).

Shawn Michaels defeated Owen Hart in a steel cage match to retain his Intercontinental Championship (12:45).

Bret Hart pinned Randy Savage (10:09).

Edited by kaplanir