WWF 1993

Monday Night Anguish 3.22.93!

Vince: "Over 24 hours after the biggest extravaganza in wrestling history, and the chills haven't gone! Welcome to Monday Night Anguish, everyone, I'm Vince McMahon, along side a deeply depressed Bobby Heenan. Bobby, how do you feel about Hulk Hogan beating Ric Flair to win the WWF Championship?"

Heenan: "Shut up!"

Vince: "If you ordered Wrestlemania 9, we want to thank you and if you didn't, you missed one hell of a show. We have a new WWF Champion in Hulk Hogan and new WWF Tag Team Champions in The Steiner Brothers! And tonight it's going to be a hell of a night as well. We've got the still WWF Intercontinental Champion, Shawn Michaels, in action; we have PJ Walker, who beat Damien Demento last night, going up against Rick Martel! Also tonight, a number 1 contendership match for Shawn Michaels' WWF Intercontinental Championship. IRS gets his first chance at a singles title when he faces The Kamikaze Kid. (Hulk Hogan's music starts to a huge pop) And here comes our new WWF Champion!"

Hogan takes a moment to enjoy the crowd and goes to the ring. He poses with the belt for a bit and then exits. He joins the announce table.

Vince: "WWF Champion, the immortal Hulk Hogan, it's a pleasure to have you here."

Hogan: "It's a pleasure to be here, Vince."

Vince: "Tell us, how does it feel to be the first man to win the WWF Championship 5 times?"

Hogan: "Vince, Brother, it's the best feeling in the world. I know that yesterday I got my name into the hall of fame. To be the first man to ever accomplish this, it's amazing. I can't even describe the feeling."

Vince: "Hulk, why don't you stay with us a bit more as we go to The Brother Love Show!"

The Brother Love Show

Brother Love is standing in The Brother Love Show set.

Love: "Welcome everyone to The Brother Love Show! (Heat) Tonight's show is a very special show and you know I just LOVE special shows. First of all, let me introduce my guests for tonight. We all knew they were winners even before Wrestlemania, but after they came out victorious last night, they became legends. Ladies and gentlemen, here is the WWF TV Champion, The Mountie and the only worth kid in the WWF - The Dynamite Kid!"

The Mountie and The Dynamite Kid come out together to a heat and a brand new entrance music. They sit down and Love continues.

Love: "I told you before this is a very special Brother Love Show and the reason for it is that I didn't call out these two great competitors for them to talk, but for me to announce something. Last night as I watched Wrestlemania from the back I noticed some of the winners. The Mountie and The Dynamite Kid among them. And what do both of them have in common? They're both not Americans! And that's why they're so successful! (Heat) Even Bret Hart is a decent wrestler because he's Canadian, even though he won't admit it, that woos you talk about the red, white and blue? Well, we talk about the International Force, the alliance that will take the WWF by storm! Starting with...(Looks around) you, Hogan! How about The Dynamite Kid and The Mountie take on you and a partner of your choosing tonight?"

Hogan: "It's on! I will represent the red, white and blue and everything that is good in this country, and so will my partner! In fact, I think I'm going to give you a preview right now!"

Hogan gets into the ring.

Hogan: "You know something, Brother Love, you can't come out here and start trash-talking about America! The land of the free and home of the brave! (Pop) And you better don't do that when the Hulkster's around. And that is why tonight you will get the beating of your life. And International Force, whatcha gonna do when Hogan, his partner and everything that is good about America run wild on you??"

Hogan goes out to a pop, but the segment doesn't seem to be over.

Love: "Yeah, Hogan is good with the talking. But he hasn't met the latest edition to the International Force! Ladies and gentlemen, in his debut appearance, here is the Japanese killing machine, MT Ninja!"

MT Ninja comes out to the same music The Mountie and The Dynamite Kid came out to. He gets a mild heat and stays in the ring.

Vince: "MT Ninja debuts - next!"

[Commercial brake]

Christian Cage vs MT Ninja (w/ Brother Love)

When we come back from commercials, The Brother Love Show set is down and MT Ninja is in control against Christian Cage. He picks Cage up and slams him to the mat. He then hits him with rights and lefts, but the referee take shim away. Ninja picks Cage up and hits a fallaway slam. He then takes Cage and hits him with snake eyes. Cage doesn't let Cage drop and hits him with a lifting DDT. He goes to the top and splashes Cage! 1...2...3! MT Ninja gets the win. Brother Love gets in the ring and raises his arm in victory. The ref checks on Cage and Ninja starts attacking him. He throws the ref to the outside and hits Cage with rights and lefts. He picks him up and hits another lifting DDT. Cage is lying motionless as Love and Ninja have sick smiles on their faces.

Vince: "My god. Brother Love didn't exaggerate when he called MT Ninja a Japanese killing machine."

Heenan: "That would be an insult to him. He seems like a tough character. And what about the International Force revolution they're planning? They've got the TV Champion, one of the best wrestlers in WWF history and a Japanese killing machine!"

Vince: "I don't know. I hope Hulk Hogan beats some sense into them tonight. (Mr. Perfect's music plays) Wait a minute!"

Heenan: "What's this all about?"

The Perfect Manager

Mr. Perfect comes out in his manager outfit to a pop. He raises his arms and takes a mic: "You know, since I've become a manager, I've had several clients. But unfortunately it was just not meant to be with them. But this time I have a keeper. I have a man in his prime, and in his first days in the WWF. And with me as a manager, he'll take the next step. But before I introduce him, I want to tell you something. I didn't plan on introducing him tonight. But I've been sitting in the back watching that International Force (Heat) trash-talking my country. And I won't take it! (Pop) When you mess with America, you mess with Mr. Perfect and with Mr. Perfect's new client - Darren Malenko!"

Darren Malenko comes out to a nice pop. I guess Perfect as a manager for him isn't such a bad idea. He rarely speaks and Perfect doesn't have any clients since the mass firing. Malenko stands near Mr. Perfect and the manager continues: "You see, Darren and I don't have a lot in common. We're not the same age, we're not the same weight and our wrestling style is different. But there is one thing we have in common and that's the important thing. And that is that we are both Americans and proud Americans! (Pop) So, International Force, you can send whoever you want. Darren will be ready to lay some beatings for the good old red, white and blue!"

Perfect's music plays again to a pop.

Darren Malenko gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "Mr. Perfect and Darren Malenko! What a dangerous alliance!"

Heenan: "The International Force is going to kick them back to wherever they came from."

Vince: "What's wrong with you? That's your country they're talking about!"

Heenan: "Hey, listen, McMahon. It's not like I chose to live here. And how can you argue with them? They say Americans aren't winners. What about last night's winners? The Mountie, The Dynamite Kid and yes, also Bret Hart."

Vince: "Bret Hart sets an example. He wasn't born here but he still doesn't disrespect people just because they weren't born where he was."

Heenan: "Yeah, whatever."

Vince: "You've hit a new low, Bobby Heenan. Folks, next week a new superstar will debut right here on Monday Night Anguish. Let's hear some comments from him."

Fitting

A man, about 5'10", 240 lbs., dressed in tights with a USA pattern and a mask with the flag on it is standing in the pre-recorded comments studio, but this time the background was that of the USA flag. He starts talking: "Hello, my fellow Americans. I am Jeff Patriot. Ever since I was a little kid, I admired two things. And those things are my country and the WWF. And that worked perfect for me, because the WWF represents so many good things that are also good about this country. Hulk Hogan, for example. He, like me, is a patriot. He eats, drinks and breaths red, white and blue. And he is the WWF Champion! Or guys like Tatanka, who's proud of his heritage. All-Americans like The Steiner Brothers and Bob Backlund. They represent what's good about this country, and once I get to the WWF, I'll do the best I can and fight every match for every American."

Vince: "Jeff Patriot, making his debut next week right here on Monday Night Anguish. Folks, this year, for the first time ever, the WWF King of the Ring tournament will be broadcasted live on Pay Per View. This tournament is a one-night single elimination tournament involving 8 WWF superstars. The winner of that tournament will go on to face the WWF Champion, whomever that may be, at Summerslam. It should be a great ride."

Heenan: "Who will the contestants be, McMahon?"

Vince: "The qualification matches will begin next week right here on Monday Night Anguish. Right now, let's go to the Intercontinental Title no. 1 contendership match!"

For Intercontinental no. 1 contendership: The Kamikaze Kid (w/ Jim Cornette) vs IRS (w/ Jimmy Hart)

The two lock up and The Kamikaze Kid hits a kick to the ribs. He sends IRS to the ropes and hits a spinning heel kick. IRS gets up a little dazed and The Kamikaze Kid sends him to the ropes. Flying forearm connects. The Kamikaze Kid tries to send him to the ropes again, but it's reversed and IRS lowers his head. The Kamikaze Kid hits a DDT. Cover gets 2. The Kamikaze Kid continues to dominate the match until he goes to the top rope and attempts a flying clothesline, but IRS moves out of the way. IRS slows the match down and hits a spinning neckbreaker. IRS runs to the ropes and hits a clothesline. Cover gets 2. IRS continues to control until he sends The Kamikaze Kid to the turnbuckle and goes for an avalanche, but The Kid kicks him in the face. IRS tries to avalanche him again but The Kamikaze Kid hits a superkick. Cover gets a close 2. The two get up and IRS knees The Kin in the gut. He sends The Kamikaze Kid to the turnbuckle, but The Kamikaze Kid avoids the avalanche again and hits a tornado DDT. He slowly crawls in the direction of IRS and gets another close 2 count. The ref starts counting and when he reaches 8, IRS is up first. IRS kicks The Kamikaze Kid a few times and then a few elbows. He covers and gets 2. IRS sends The Kid to the ropes and goes for a hip toss, but The Kamikaze Kid lands on his feet and hits a sunset flip for 2. IRS runs at The Kid, but he gets dropped face first into the second turnbuckle. Out on the outside, Jimmy Hart tries to interfere, but Jim Cornette prevents it. Hart waffles him with the megaphone! The Kamikaze Kid goes to the top, but Jimmy Hart tries to trip him. The Kamikaze Kid drops on his feet and grabs Jimmy Hart. IRS goes for a clothesline, but collides with Jimmy Hart. He crashes to the mat and The Kamikaze Kid goes to the top. Knee Drop connects! 1...2...3! The Kamikaze Kid is the number 1 contender for the WWF Intercontinental Championship! The Kamikaze Kid rolls to the outside and helps him manager up and to the back.

Vince: "My god! What a win for this kid!"

Heenan: "Great. IRS has been here for years. He's been tag team champion; he's done Wrestlemanias, Royal Rumbles, Survivor Series, Summerslams. Zit Boy has been here for two and a half months and they're treated as fairs."

Vince: "But it's a face - The Kamikaze Kid got the win and he will face the Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels soon. Right now let's get back to the action!"

PJ Walker vs Rick Martel (w/ Jerry Lawler)

Martel goes for a cheap shot clothesline when Walker gets off the turnbuckle, but Walker moves out of the way and hits a few rights. He picks Martel up and slams him. Martel runs to Walker, but PJ backdrops him. Martel got good elevation. Martel rests in the corner and Walker hits him with a knee lift to the gut. PJ Walker continues to dominate the match until Martel hits him with a poke to the eye to break an arm bar. Martel hits a dropkick and taunts the crowd. Martel picks Walker up and gets in a delayed vertical suplex position. Brainbuster finds the mark. Martel covers and gets 2. Martel taunts the crowd again and goes to the top. He goes for his Martel Splash from the top, but Walker moves out of the way. The two get up and exchange rights, elbows and forearms. Walker takes the advantage with a couple of kicks. Walker hits a clothesline and the two are down again. Walker is up first and he runs to the ropes. Martel goes for a backdrop, but Walker lands on his feet and rolls Martel up in a school boy! 1...2...3! Walker gets the win! Walker celebrates, but Martel hits him from behind with a clothesline. Jerry Lawler joins him and the two kick away at Walker. They continue the assault until officials come and restrain them. They raise their arms in victory and Walker looks hurt.

PJ Walker gained overness from this match.

Vince: "What a vicious assault by Rick Martel and Jerry Lawler!"

Heenan: "That will teach him."

Vince: "What? Not to win? Folks, we have to take a quick commercial brake but we have some great matches for you tonight. Still to come is the International Force-America showdown when The Dynamite Kid and The Mountie face Hulk Hogan and his secret partner. And up next we have The Undertaker in action! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Booker T vs. The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

The bell rings, but then "Macho Man" Randy Savage's music plays to a big heat. He comes out and asks for a mic. He talks about how Bret Hart cheated last night and that he should get a chance at Bret Hart, the King of the Ring tournament and the WWF Championship. He turns around and The Undertaker had enough. He hits a Chokeslam and signals for the end. Booker T is long gone. The Undertaker picks Savage up and hits a Tombstone Piledriver. His music plays and he, along with Paul Bearer go to the back. Official ruling: No contest.

Vince: "Well, apparently The Undertaker has had enough with Randy Savage's whining and to tell the truth, I have too. Let's go to some pre-recorded comments form a very interesting returning duo."

Pre-recorded

Ric Flair and Razor Ramon are standing in the back. Flair starts to talk: "You know something? Last night when I faced Hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship and he won due to the slow count and corrupted officiating of the match, I realized something! As long as Hulk Hogan in the WWF, I will never have a chance to get a normal fair WWF Championship title reign. Every time there will be an official who will count slowly or an authority member that will give him the advantage in a match, or a stupid wrestler from the back that will interfere!"

Razor: "And Chicos, I didn't feel no better. Yeah, I beat The Undertaker but hey, I knew I will beat him all along. I should have gotten greater and tougher matches. Title matches."

Flair: "And then we realized there was a perfect solution to both our problems - we bring back our tag team, with its brand new name: 'The Slick Bad Guys'! The Nature Boy Slick Rick Flair and The Bad Guy Razor Ramon! We're both lear-jet-flying, caviar-eating sons of guns and we have one purpose in mind and that is gold! You see, I have a saying and I've decided to change it a bit. To be the men, you've got to beat the men and we want to beat the men, the tag team champions, The Steiner Brothers!"

Razor : "We will get that title shot and when we do, it's going to be one more for The Slick Bad Guys."

Flair: "Wooo!"

Razor Ramon gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "Talk about your strong tag team!"

Heenan: "McMahon, I can't believe this! They're the strongest tag team in recent memory here in the WWF! This is bad news for all the tag teams in the WWF, and especially The Steiner Brothers."

Vince: "I hate it, Bobby Heenan, but I have to agree with you. Right now let's go to Howard Finkel!"

D'Lo Brown vs Shawn Michaels (non-title match)

Michaels starts the match with right hands. He runs to the ropes and hits his flying-forearm-kick-up-combo. Michaels picks D'Lo up and hits a butterfly suplex. Michaels hits that move where he takes his opponent's head in a reverse DDT position onto his knee in a backbreaker position, but it's actually a back-of-head-breaker. Or something. Forget I said anything. Or wrote. Back to the match! Michaels hops onto the apron and hits a springboard dropkick. Michaels picks D'Lo up and hits a bodyslam. He taunts the crowd, but isn't finished with D'Lo Brown. He picks D'Lo up and sends him flying over the top rope and outside. Michaels goes after him and drops a couple of elbows onto D'Lo Brown's chest. Michaels goes to the top rope and hits a flying elbow drop from the top rope to the outside. Looked great. Michaels rams D'Lo into the post and rolls him backing. Michaels again climbs to the top rope. D'Lo gets up...and Michaels hits a flying clothesline. 1...2...3! Michaels with an easy, yet impressive win.

Vince: "I don't understand this. Michaels had D'Lo Brown maybe five or six moves ago. Why didn't he go for the pin?"

Heenan: "I'll tell you why - he's sending a message to The Kamikaze Kid! This is who I am and this is what you'll have to face. Great psychological move by Shawn Michaels! What a champion!"

Vince: "Folks, we have to take on final commercial brake, but when we come back it's time for our main event! The International Force's The Mountie and The Dynamite Kid vs. Hulk Hogan and his secret tag team partner! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

The Dynamite Kid and The Mountie (w/ Brother Love) vs Hulk Hogan and ???

Hulk Hogan is in the ring and then Finkel introduces his partner. There is quiet for about 10 seconds and then the Indian chant is heard to a pop. There is a close up on The Mountie. Tatanka dances around the ring and he starts the match with The Dynamite Kid. They lock up and Tatanka sends him to the turnbuckle. Turnbuckle clothesline finds the mark. Dynamite gets out of the corner dazed and Tatanka hits a powerslam. He continues to control the match and then tags in Hogan. Hogan hits a couple of elbows and then a suplex. Cover gets 2. Hogan continues to hit right hands and controls the match until The Dynamite Kid hits him with an elbow to break an arm bar. The Dynamite Kid hooks Hogan up and hits a wonderful tiger suplex. The Dynamite Kid doesn't hold on and tags in The Mountie. The Mountie hits a butterfly suplex and covers for 2. The two grapple and The Mountie shoves Hogan into the corner. The Mountie taunts the crowd and Hogan uses The Mountie's back being turned to him to tag in Tatanka. The Mountie turns around and looks frightened. Tatanka hits him with a couple of tomahawk chops, followed by a DDT. Tatanka picks him up and hits a double axhandle from the top rope. Cover gets a close 2 count. Tatanka continues to dominate the match until he sends The Mountie to the ropes, goes for a sleeper, but The Mountie squashes him to the corner. The Mountie picks Tatanka up and hits a back suplex. Mountie drops an elbow and covers for 2. Mountie kicks Tatanka a couple of times and then taunts Hogan. Hogan gets in the ring and so does The Dynamite Kid. All four men go to the outside and brawl there. Brother Love takes the TV Championship and throws it into the ring. The Mountie tries to get in, but Hogan hits him with rights. Tatanka gets in and picks up the title to a pop. Owen Hart suddenly appears out of nowhere on the top rope. He hits a missile dropkick to the belt into Tatanka's face! Tatanka's out! Owen slides to the outside and The Mountie gets into the ring. He's got the cover! 1...2...3! What has come over Owen Hart?"

Owen Hart's turn was completed and he is now a heel.

Owen Hart gained overness from this turn.

Not Over

Owen, Mountie, Dynamite Kid and Brother Love continue to assault Hulk Hogan and Tatanka. Tatanka is out cold and Dynamite Kid and Mountie hold Hogan's arms. Owen has a chair in his hand, but Bret Hart comes running down the aisle to a pop. He takes the chair from his brother's hand. He yells at him and then hits Hogan with the chair! Talk about your huge storyline turn! Bret Hart takes a mic: "(Heat) Shut up! (Heat gets stronger, and he yells to be heard) You know, my brother Owen and I are by far the best wrestlers in WWF history, and that is because we were brought up in Canada, a real wrestling country (Heat). So last night, when neither of us was in the main event, I realized why! We're being discriminated for being Canadian. And that is why the second my fellow Canadian, The Mountie came to me with the idea of an International Force, I welcomed it in welcomed arms. Right now I want to ask MT Ninja to come out here!"

MT Ninja comes out to a mild heat, which gets the stronger when all The International Force's members raise each other's arms in the ring: Bret Hart, Owen Hart, MT Ninja, The Dynamite Kid, The Mountie and Brother Love. Vince expresses his fear from the things this awesome force can do in the WWF as Anguish goes off the air.

Bret Hart's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Overall rating: 79

TV rating: 74

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newsflash

* The turn is here!

So the huge storyline turn that was promised by a reliable WWF source after Wrestlemania has come, and it's actually a double turn. The Hart Brothers turned heel to join The International Force, which also includes Brother Love as a manager, his client The Dynamite Kid, the new comer MT Ninja and TV Champion The Mountie. Among the Americans that will apparently be involved in feuds with International Force are Tatanka, Darren Malenko and WWF Champion, Hulk Hogan.

King of the Ring - 1st time on Pay-Per-View!

The annual WWF King of the Ring tournament will be broadcasted live on Pay-Per-View for the very first time on June 13th. Newsflash has a scoop! (Finally) Here are the 8 qualifying matches that will be fought throughout the next two months on Monday Night Anguish:

Darren Malenko - Razor Ramon

PJ Walker - Ted DiBiase

Damien Demento - Jeff Patriot

D'Lo Brown - The Dynamite Kid

MT Ninja - Bob Backlund

Rick Martel - Tatanka

The Kamikaze Kid - Randy Savage

Owen Hart - The Undertaker

Remember where you saw this first!

Monday Night Anguish, 3.22.93 shortened results.

Reason: my computer sucks.

Main segments:

Tony Chimel interviewed Jerry Lawler and Rick Martel, who explained their actions the previous week by getting sick of Walker getting such a reputation after a "win and a half".

Razor Ramon beat Darren Malenko with help from The Mountie and qualified to the King of the Ring quarter finals.

The Steiner Brothers accepted The Slick Bad Guys' challenge.

PJ Walker defeated Ted DiBiase and advanced to the King of the Ring quarter finals.

A Vince McMahon interview with Hulk Hogan was interrupted by Bret Hart, who attacked the champion and held it high above as if it was his.

Jeff Patriot debuted and defeated Barry Horowitz.

The Dynamite Kid and MT Ninja defeated Bob Backlund and Tatanka after The Kid pinned Backlund.

That was a very good show, and you did something real subtle that I especially liked. There was foreshadowing in Owen's heel turn. How?

Well back in the day, whenever someone was about to turn heel, the heel announcer (in this case, Heenan) would start to show respect for the worker about to turn (in this case, Owen). That was true at least 90% of the time.

I don't know if you did that intentionally, but if you did, good work!

I really like this diary. I thought the Dynamite Kid vs. the Kamikaze Kid feud was great. Cornette and Kid seem to be a good duo. I like the way Razor Ramon is being pushed as such a threat. I can't wait to see Flair and Ramon as a team once again. I'm not yet sold on the International Force idea yet, but it could be good; and Hogan vs. Bret should be great.

Two questions, though: Who are Jeff Patriot and MT Ninja?

Owen's heel turn was built since Wrestlemania. In addition to Heenan showing respect towards him, notice not before nor after the match does he have interaction with the fans.

MT Ninja is Masato Tanaka, Jeff Patriot is Jeff Jarrett.

I have a question for you though, I have an important worker with serious moral problems. Do you know how I can boost his moral up drasticlly in a short period of time?

I have a question for you though, I have an important worker with serious moral problems. Do you know how I can boost his moral up drasticlly in a short period of time?

You could always try hiring some of his friends/family members. That would get their morale up quicker. You could also try pushing them to a higher position on the card; if they're over enough to warrant it, that is. Finally, you could have them just win a lot of matches against high calibre opponents.

Newsflash

*Moral troubles within the WWF!

Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart, who are considered to be the two top superstars in the WWF, are not happy. The Hitman has had moral problems ever since he lost the title at The Royal Rumble. He was quoted saying "People like Flair and Hogan should just give guidance to the new generation, who should lead the way." A reliable source within the WWF told Newsflash that Bret met Vince McMahon and informed him he will not renew his contract, which ends in July. Vince told Bret he is willing to give him the belt if Bret stays. Bret said he will think about it and he is supposed to come with an answer around June. Hogan was troubled by Bret given the chance to take the belt, but was pleased after Vince got his nephew, Horace Hogan, a job at Ohio Valley Wrestling, the development territory of the WWF (Thanks guys!).

*Not only moral

The WWF has problems in other areas as well. Their balance is still negative and a few more development deals were terminated.

Edited by kaplanir

• 4 weeks later...

Monday Night Anguish 4.5.93!

Vince: "6 of the greatest wrestlers in WWF history face tonight in a huge 6 man tag tem main event! Hi, everyone, welcome to Monday Night Anguish. I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan. Tonight 'Macho Man' Randy Savage and The Slick Bad Guys face The Undertaker and the WWF Tag Team Champions, The Steiner Brothers!"

Heenan: "Randy Savage, Razor Ramon and Ric Flair are by far 3 of the greatest wrestlers in history, if not the best. You've got that right, McMahon, but what about the match signed for next week? The titles are going to switch hands!"

Vince: "I hate to agree with you, Bobby Heenan, but that just might be the case as (graphic appears on screen) former three time WWF Champion, Ric Flair, and Razor Ramon face The WWF Tag Team Champions, The Steiner Brothers, for the titles."

Heenan: "And tonight's main event will just be a warm up for them."

Vince: "That remains to be seen. Also tonight, MT Ninja faces Bob Backlund and another slot of the King of the Ring tournament will be filled when Damien Demento faces Jeff Patriot. But right now, it's time for The Brother Love Show!"

The Brother Love Show

Brother Love is standing in the ring with The Brother Love Show set around him. He has a mic: "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to The Brother Love Show! (Heat) My guests tonight are brothers. They are considered one of the best tag teams in WWF history. I don't know by whom, but they are. They are two of the six men that will wrestle in tonight's main event and they are the WWF Tag Team Champions. Ladies and gentlemen - The Steiner Brothers!"

The Steiner Brothers come out to a pop, with the belts. They hi-five a few fans and get into the ring.

Love: "Welcome to The Brother Love Show. You're so happy to be here. You LOVE The Brother Love Show. Get it? Doesn't matter. Anyyyyyway, next week you will defend your titles for the first time, and many people believe it will also be the last time. Do you agree with those people?"

Scott: "No, we don't. We didn't go all the way to Wrestlemania, we didn't beat Money Inc. and we didn't become tag team champions just to lose the titles without even completing a month with them. We are the WWF Tag Team Champions and we are going to still be the champions for a long long time (Pop). Rick?"

Rick: "You know something, Scott? I am proud to be a champion! And I don't think it's in me to lose it so soon! You're right, brother; it's going to be a long time before someone takes those titles!"

He starts barking and The Steiner Brothers' music starts, but then Razor and Flair come to the ring. A brawl ensues.

Vince: "It's chaos here! Right now, let's go to some pre-recorded comments from the WWF Champion!"

Pre-recorded

Hulk Hogan is standing in the pre-recorded comments studio. This week's background color: Red! He starts talking: "Well, you know something, dudes and dudets, all the little Hulkamaniacs watching Monday Night Anguish, there used to be a guy around the WWF I liked. He beat my worst enemies. He made friends with my best friends and he represented everything that The Hulkster represented. But one day he disappeared. That guy's name was the good old Bret Hart. A couple of weeks ago, when he came out and hit me with the chair, brothers, it didn't hurt as much physically as it didn't mentally. It hurt me to see a man who I respected so much turn not only on The Hulkster, but on all his fans. But that wasn't the worst part. If he wants to bad-mouth The Hulkster or even if he wants to hit The Hulkster with a chair, that's fine. But when he starts bad-mouthing the red, white and blue, then he's gone too far. I won't take it. I won't let him insult the country I love so much. So when he talked about the bad America, an America that doesn't exist, it meant only one thing for The Hulkster: That meant war. So Hart took the first shot as a cheap shot last week when he attacked The Hulkster from behind last week. But now it's The Hulkster's turn. So Bret, brother, if you want a battle, you've got one. Because The Hulkster won't let your lies about America slide. The Hulkster will fight back, and fight back hard, brother. And Bret, one more thing, whatcha gonna do when The Hulkster runs wild on you?!?!"

Vince: "Hulk Hogan looks angry and you don't want to anger The Hulkster."

Heenan: "That is so fit for Hogan to get angry only because a better wrestler than him sees the light!"

Vince: "If Bret is better than Hogan, then why doesn't he have the title?"

Heenan: "Oh, he will. Don't worry."

D'Lo Brown vs. Rick Martel (w/ Jerry Lawler)

The two lock up and Martel throws D'Lo into the corner. He seems pleased with himself but D'Lo gets out of the corner and hits The Model with a clothesline. Martel gets up and D'Lo connects with another clothesline. He goes for a third one, but Martel uses a drop toe hold to take him down. He then picks D'Lo up and hits him with a vertical suplex. Martel covers and gets a 2 count. D'Lo barely gets up and Martel shoves him into the corner. Martel Irish whips him into the opposite turnbuckle and takes another moment to taunt the crowd. Martel knees D'Lo a couple of times in the stomach. Martel takes D'Lo out of the corner with an airplane spin and a clothesline. Martel picks D'Lo up and hits a backbreaker. Martel drops a couple of fists and elbows. Martel gets out of the ring and climbs to the top rope. A double axe handle connects and Martel gets another close cover. Martel picks D'Lo up and hits him with an atomic drop, which sends Brown to the outside. Lawler rolls him quickly back in and Martel kicks him around. Martel goes to the top rope, D'Lo gets up and Martel hits a bulldog. Martel signals for the end and locks in the Boston Crab. D'Lo tries to fight it for a couple of seconds, but eventually taps out. Rick Martel wins via submission. But he won't let go! The referee tries to get him off of D'Lo Brown, but it doesn't work. The crowd then bursts into a pop when PJ Walker comes running down the aisle. Martel quickly gets up and the two exchange rights. Walker takes the advantage and then dropkicks Martel to the outside. Lawler picks his client up but then Walker planchas over the top rope onto the both of them. He raises his arms in victory and runs to the back.

Vince: "PJ Walker saves the day!"

Heenan: "PJ Walker, once again, not minding his own business!"

Vince: "Since a couple of weeks ago, Martel IS Walker's business."

Unintentional Ambush

Brother Love walks in the back and talks to an official about how crazy The

Brother Love Show was and that he won't take that next time. Suddenly, he runs into Jeff Patriot and Tatanka. They talk about how the International Force is going down and that Love made the wrong decision when he interfered in last week's main event. Suddenly, Owen Hart and MT Ninja come out of nowhere and the four exchange blows until officials break the brawl, those party poopers.

MT Ninja gained overness from this segment.

Jeff Patriot gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "The International Force certainly has a lot of objectors and when we come back I will interview one of them."

Heenan: "Stop talking about yourself, McMahon, you don't matter. What matters is the main event between Randy Savage and the next tag team champions, The Slick Bad Guys and The soon to be former champions, The Steiners and The Undertaker and that's still to come!"

Vince: "Stay tuned, folks."

[Commercial brake]

McMahon Time

Vince is standing in the ring with a microphone: "Ladies and gentlemen, over the past couple of weeks, a couple of wrestlers called The International Force (Heat) have been wrestling lately in tag team matches. Last week two of the Force's members, MT Ninja and The Dynamite Kid defeated Bob Backlund and Tatanka, with help from Brother Love and a grab of the tights by The Dynamite Kid. Right now, I would like to introduce a man who was robbed last week, but more importantly he is a proud American. Ladies and gentlemen, he is a former WWF Champion - Bob Backlund!"

Bob Backlund comes out to a pop, still no entrance music. He raises his arm and the pop grows.

Vince: "Bob, last week you were robbed by Brother Love and The Dynamite Kid. How do you feel about the situation?"

Backlund: "I'll tell you how I feel, Vince. I think I speak for everybody that there a lot of things you can say here in the WWF, but bad-mouthing this great country is not one of them (Pop) and that's why I will avenge that cheap shot last week. I don't know when and I don't know how but I do know this can't go on. And we should all unify, all the guys in the back and fight this thing called the International Force and Vince, once I get my hands on one of them, it won't be a happy day for him. And that's a promise."

Vince: "Bob Backlund, everybody!"

Backlund raises his arm again to a pop and hi-fives fans all the way to the back, which gives Vince time to get back to the announcing table.

Bob Backlund gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "Wow. Those were some strong words from Bob Backlund."

Heenan: "Sticks and stones may break The International Force's bones but words will never hurt them. You know, it's a lot less catchy when you say that about someone else."

Vince: (Jeff Patriot's music starts) "Speaking of proud Americans, here comes one now!"

King of the Ring qualifier: Damien Demento (w/ Harvey Wippleman) vs. Jeff Patriot

The two lock up and Demento takes Patriot down with a headbutt. He does a scary face to the crowd, but then Patriot gets up and headbutts Demento multiple times, until the scary monster goes down himself. Jeff Patriot Irish whips Demento and hits him with a running knee lift. Demento goes down and Patriot covers for 2. Patriot goes to the top and goes for an elbow drop, but Wippleman distracts him and Demento takes him down. Demento controls the match from then on until Patriot ducks a clothesline and then hits a couple of right hands. He sends Demento to the ropes and then hits a backdrop. Patriot sends Demento to the ropes once again and hits him with a front dropkick. He picks Demento up and sends him to the turnbuckle. He kicks him in all body parts and suplexes him out of the corner. Patriot dominates the match until a chop exchange goes to Demento's side. Demento runs to the ropes and when Patriot gets up he gets hit with a flying shoulder tackle which takes him down. Damien Demento goes to the top rope and hits a flying clothesline. Demento drops a couple of fists and seems to be in control. Demento waits for Patriot to get up and uses double axe handles and right hands to take him down again. Patriot starts to fight back with a few rights of his own and a dropkick. Patriot fires up the crowd and Demento gets up. Patriot hits him with a couple of body shots and Demento goes down once again. Patriot signals for the Figure Four Leglock, but Wippleman hops onto the apron. Patriot hits him with a right hand and goes back to Demento. Demento hits a right hand and tries to Irish whip Patriot to the turnbuckle, but it's reversed. Patriot places Demento on the top rope and hits the Superplex! Patriot rolls over Demento and covers! 1...2...3! Jeff Patriot goes on to face Razor Ramon in the King of the Ring quarter finals!

Vince: "Jeff Patriot, in only his second match in the WWF, advances to the King of the Ring quarter finals. Jeff Patriot, still undefeated."

Heenan: "Hey, but so is MT Ninja!"

Vince: "We'll just see about that later tonight. Right now we're going to take a quick commercial brake but still to come is our main event - Macho Man Randy Savage and The Slick Bad Guys take on WWF Tag Champions, The Steiner Brothers and The Undertaker!"

Heenan: "I'll take your role here, McMahon - but up next, MT Ninja makes it 3-0 for him in the WWF when he beats Bob Backlund."

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan."

[Commercial brake]

Video Time

In quotation marks is the narrator. "The place - Dayton, Ohio." Footage of Shawn Michaels beating Marty Jannetty at The Royal Rumble. "The date - June 13th." Footage of The Kamikaze Kid defeating Red Rooster on Monday Night Anguish. "The prize - the Intercontinental Championship." Double footage of the same matches that were shown before. "Shawn Michaels, The Kamikaze Kid. WWF King of the Ring. Coming to you live on Pay-Per-View June 13th. Check local listings."

Follow Up

Tony Chimel is standing backstage with The Kamikaze Kid and Jim Cornette. There's a TV in the background and the King of the Ring logo is on it.

Chimel: "The Kamikaze Kid, Jim Cornette, we've just seen the King of the Ring video package and now it's official - two months from now on June 13th, The Kamikaze Kid gets his first ever WWF title shot against the Intercontinental Champion, The Hart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels."

Cornette: "Well, I know a lot of people have asked the same question - Why is The Kamikaze Kid, a guy who barely has 4 months in the WWF to his credit, with no Pay-per-View win, gets an Intercontinental Championship shot. Well, I have the answer to that - because he's that good! You are looking at the new sensation of the WWF. For the last four months we have taken the WWF by storm, and we intend to continue this at the King of the Ring with a win over Shawn Michaels and the Intercontinental Championship."

Chimel: "But Shawn Michaels is one of the best Intercontinental Champions of all time. He has beaten great wrestlers to get to where he is today and he has beaten great wrestlers to maintain his place. He might be The Kid's toughest opponent to date."

Cornette: "Then so be it. If he's the toughest opponent that The Kid has ever faced, but that doesn't change the face that The Kid will beat him because as much as Shawn Michaels is good, The Kamikaze Kid is better."

Chimel: "Back to you, Vince."

Vince: "The Kamikaze Kid gets his big chance at the King of the Ring, June 13th. 8 other WWF superstars will also get their big chance at the King of the Ring tournament, the winner of which will advance to meet the WWF Champion, whomever that may be, at Summerslam. Razor Ramon and Jeff Patriot are already there. Next week another slot will be filled."

Heenan: "McMahon, I've been in this business for a long time. I don't think there's anything quite like the King of the Ring, and with this year's stipulation of the winner meeting the WWF Champion at Summerslam, it's going to be off the hook."

Vince: "Let's go to the ring!"

MT Ninja (w/ Brother Love) vs Bob Backlund

The two lock up and MT Ninja hits a bodyslam. He picks him up and signals for the end! Ninja hits a seated powerbomb! 1...2...no! Backlund kicks out at the last minute. Ninja shows his strength by press slamming Backlund. He picks him up and drives him head first into the mat from a bodysalm position. Cover gets another close 2 count. Ninja continues to control the match until Backlund reverses and Irish whip and hits a running knee lift. He gets some air and continues to dominate with a clothesline. Cover gets 2. Backlund hits a suplex and another one. The second was more delayed than the first. Backlund has trouble getting up and the two exchange rights. Ninja takes the advantage with a thumb to the eye. When we come back from a commercial brake, Ninja picks Backlund up and hits a fallaway slam. Snake eyes by Ninja find the mark. Backlund is in trouble. Ninja taunts the crowd, Backlund gets up and Ninja immediately locks in an abdominal stretch. He holds on with the occasional rope grabbing until the referee notices, Ninja raises his arms in innocence and Backlund gets out of it with a hip toss. Backlund starts hyping the crowd while Brother Love distracts the referee. Ninja sneaks up from behind Backlund and low blows him. Ninja rolls him up and the referee turns around. 1...2...3! MT Ninja makes it 3-0. He rolls to the outside where Brother Love raises his arm in victory.

MT Ninja gained overness from this match.

Vince: "MT Ninja stealing another victory, thanks to Brother Love."

Heenan: "You can never compliment someone, can you, McMahon?"

Vince: "I'm not even going to...(The Mountie's music starts) Oh, no."

Shades

The Mountie comes walking down the aisle with the WWF TV belt. He gets in the ring, taunts the crowd a bit and asks for a mic: "I am The Mountie! (Heat) And not just that, I'm the WWF TV Champion! And I will stay the champion after I beat the living hell out of one Darren Malenko. (Pop) Yeah, you people can cheer and I encourage you to cheer because once I get through with him, there will be nothing left for you to..."

He is cut off by Mr. Perfect's music to a big pop. Mr. Perfect comes walking down the aisle and hi-fives some fans. He gets into the ring and asks for a mic: "So you think you're going to beat Darren Malenko?"

Mountie: "I don't think, I kn..."

Perfect: "Hey, shut up, I'm talking now. You know, why don't we try something? Last week on Monday Night Anguish a member of your International Force, Bret Hart (Big heat), attacked Hulk Hogan and posed with his belt. How about Darren Malenko do the same thing to you?"

Mountie: "You know, Perfect, your stupidity represents America perfectly (Heat). Bret's ingenious move last week was based on the element of surprise. You already told me Darren Malenko is going to try something like that, so the whole..."

Suddenly Darren Malenko comes through the crowd and attacks Mountie with right hands. He takes him down and quickly locks in the Texas Cloverleaf. Mountie taps out and Perfect takes the TV Championship and gives it to Malenko. Malenko gets up and poses with the belt while Mountie rolls to the outside, hurt.

Vince laughs.

Heenan: "How can you laugh at that?"

Vince: "Because The International Force got theirs, that's how! And Randy Savage and The Slick Bad Guys will get theirs in our main event next! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Razor Ramon, Ric Flair, and Randy Savage vs Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, and The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

When we come back from commercials, Randy Savage is in control against The Undertaker. He slams him a couple of times, drops a couple of knees and covers, but The Undertaker sits up. Savage out of panic tags in Ric Flair. The Undertaker walks in Flair's direction, but gets poked in the eye. Flair dropkicks him and hits a back suplex. He covers, but The Undertaker sits up again. Flair panics as well and tags in Razor Ramon. Ramon is not afraid and controls the match until The Undertaker moves out of the way for a shoulder block. The Undertaker sends Razor Ramon to the ropes and hits a big boot. He chokes Razor a couple of times until the ref reaches 4. Rick Steiner barks at him and gets tagged in. He barks to the crowd and the crowd barks back. Rick locks in an arm-bar and Razor gets out of it. Razor sends Steiner to the ropes, but it's reversed. Steiner kicks him in the gut and hits a Russian legsweep. Cover gets a close 2 count. Steiner barely picks Ramon up and hits a stomach crusher. Rick tags in his brother, who attacks Razor with reversed elbows. Scott shows his strength by picking Razor up in a suplex position and hits a brain buster. Scott controls the match until a top rope elbow drop doesn't find the mark and Razor tags in Savage. Savage hits Scott Steiner with right hands but Scott hits Savage with a few right hands and quickly tags in The Undertaker to a huge pop and to Savage's scared face. The Undertaker signals he is going to slaughter Savage. The Undertaker hits a couple of uppercuts but Savage uses a thumb to the eye. He's learning! The Steiners won't have it and they get into the ring. The Slick Bad Guys are in too and a brawl ensues. The Slick Bad Guys and The Steiner all go to the outside and brawl there. Razor slams Scott into the steel steps and Savage slams The Undertaker in the ring. He covers and Razor holds Taker's legs onto the mat. 1...2...3! Savage and The Slick Bad Guys run to the back.

Vince: "No! What a travesty of justice! We have to go! See you next week!"

Overall rating: 75

TV rating: 7.25 (Highest ever)

Edited by kaplanir

Guest ryan_the_canuck

Good show, but, to be honest, I lost a lot of enthusiasm for this diary when you left...I had to go back and re-read some stuff just to remember what was going on.

WWF in New York City!

Tag team main event!

Bret and Owen Hart, representing the International Force go up against WWF Champion, Hulk Hogan, and The Undertaker!

Special attraction!

Darren Malenko, on his way to the TV Championship shot, faces "Macho Man" Randy Savage!

Non-title match!

Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka!

6-man grudge tag team match!

"The Model" Rick Martel and The Slick Bad Guys vs. PJ Walker and WWF Tag Team Champions, The Steiner Brothers!

Representing The International Force, The Dynamite Kid, vs. Bob Backlund!

Booker T vs. Jeff Patriot!

Beau Beverly vs. The Kamikaze Kid!

WWF In New York!

Bob Backlund vs The Dynamite Kid (w/ Brother Love)

The two lock up and Backlund wins it with forearms to The Kid's head. He hooks him up and hits a quick snap suplex. The Dynamite Kid rolls to the outside, where Brother Love comforts him while Backlund is celebrating in the ring. The Dynamite Kid rolls back in and the two lock up again. The Dynamite Kid backs Backlund into the turnbuckle. The ref tries to get a clean break, but The Dynamite Kid goes for a cheap right hand. Backlund ducks and gets behind The Dynamite Kid. Back suplex connects. The Dynamite Kid gets up and Backlund hits him with a dropkick. The Dynamite Kid gets up and Backlund hits another dropkick, which sends The Kid over the top rope. Love helps The Kid back up and The Dynamite Kid regains his composure. He climbs the apron and Backlund tries to grab him. The Dynamite Kid thumbs him in the eye and gets into the ring. Backlund is groggy and The Dynamite Kid catches him with a stiff superkick. Backlund goes down. Cover gets 2. The Dynamite Kid locks in a headlock for a couple of minutes but Backlund gets up. He sends The Dynamite Kid to the ropes, ducks a clothesline, runs to the opposite rope and hits a flying clothesline that thrills the crowd. Cover gets a 2 count. Backlund picks The Dynamite Kid and tries to Irish whip him. It's reversed and The Dynamite Kid puts his head down. Backlund kicks it and hits a DDT. Cover gets a very close 2 count. Backlund runs to the ropes and Brother Love grabs his foot. Backlund goes to the outside after him and starts chasing him around the ring, but eventually he meets The Dynamite Kid, who hits him with a clothesline and some right hands. The Dynamite Kid rolls him back into the ring. The Dynamite Kid Irish whips him into the turnbuckle and hits him with some stiff chops. Backlund responds with right hands and a desperate clothesline. Both men are down. The Dynamite Kid is up first and goes to the top rope. Backlund quickly gets up as well and climbs to the second rope. He hits The Dynamite Kid with a couple of right hands and hits a super belly to belly suplex! Both men are down and Backlund gets up. He puts The Dynamite Kid in position and locks in The Crossface Chicken Wing! The Dynamite Kid tries to fight it and Brother Love climbs the apron. Backlund hits him with a right hand. He goes back to The Dynamite Kid, who goes for a right hand, but Backlund ducks and hits an inverted atomic drop, followed by a clothesline. Backlund locks in The Chicken Wing again! The Dynamite Kid is in the hold for a couple of second and then taps out.

Bob Backlund gained overness from this match.

Beau Beverly vs The Kamikaze Kid (w/ Jim Cornette)

The two lock up to start things off and Beau hits a swinging neckbreaker. Beau picks The Kamikaze Kid up and hits him with a piledriver. Cover! Upset? No. Beverly drops a few fists, but The Kamikaze Kid moves out of the way for the last one. The Kamikaze Kid hits a couple of consecutive dropkicks and covers for 2. The Kamikaze Kid climbs to the second rope and hits a flying karate kick. Cover gets another 2 count. The Kamikaze Kid goes for a back suplex, but Beau lands on his feet. He kicks The Kamikaze Kid in the gut and hits another piledriver! Cover gets an even closer 2 count. Beau picks The Kid up and hits him with a powerbomb! The crowd is in a hush. Cover gets another close 2 count. Beverly continues to repeat himself with a swinging neckbreaker. Beau climbs to the second rope, The Kid gets up and Beverly hits him with a forearm to the face. He picks The Kid up, but gets hit with kicks. Tiger bomb connects! The Kamikaze Kid barely gets up, but after he does he climbs to the top rope and hits the Knee Drop! Cover! 1...2...3! The Kamikaze Kid picks up the win after all!

Booker T vs Jeff Patriot

Booker T tries to storm at Patriot as he gets in the ring, but Patriot uses the momentum to slam Booker. He picks him up and hits a snap suplex. Patriot continues his dominance with a spinning neckbreaker and a couple of kicks. Patriot goes for another neckbreaker, but it's reversed into a neckbreaker by Booker. Booker uses his strength to hit a full nelson slam. Cover almost gets a 3 and an upset. Booker sends Patriot to the ropes and tries to hit a hip toss, but Patriot counters it into a crucifix for 2. Booker goes for a right hand, but Patriot ducks and hits a Death Valley driver. Patriot is impressive tonight. Cover gets a close 2 count. They get up and Booker hits a quick clothesline. Booker T hits Patriot with rights, lefts and elbows. He picks him and hits another neckbreaker. Booker Irish whips Patriot to the turnbuckle and places him on the second rope. Patriot kicks Booker and climbs to the top. Victory roll! 1...2...3! Excellent maneuver by Jeff Patriot, that got him the win!

Rick Martel and The Slick Bad Guys vs. PJ Walker and The Steiner Brothers.

Razor and Walker start the match. Razor asks for Scott, who is tagged in. Razor taunts the crowd and when Scott shows him how to hype the crowd, Razor hits him with open right hands. Razor picks him up and slams him to the mat. Razor tags in Flair. Flair calls Scott for a wristlock challenge. Flair takes the advantage first, then Scott, but then Flair kicks him in the gut. Flair Irish whips Scott to the turnbuckle and hits him there with a couple of chops. Scott collapses. Cover by Flair gets a 2 count. Flair tags in

Rick Martel. The two hit a double clothesline and Martel hits a snap suplex. Martel goes to the top and signals for the Martel Splash, but Scott moves out of the way. PJ Walker gets the hot tag. Walker hits Martel with right hands and a bodyslam. Walker picks him up and hits an amateur take down. Walker covers, but Martel kicks out. Walker tags in Rick Steiner, who hits a couple of clotheslines and a vertical suplex. Rick Steiner goes to the top, but Martel quickly tags in Razor Ramon. Ramon takes Rick off the top rope and onto the mat. Razor Irish whips Rick and Scott blind tags himself in. Razor takes Rick down with a clothesline but Scott hits him with right hands. Scott goes for a hip toss, but Razor turns it into a chokeslam. Razor taunts Rick, who gets in. Walker gets in as well and it's a brawl. Martel sends Scott to the ropes and hits a Frankensteiner! The ref clears the ring and Razor covers. 1...2...3! Will this be the outcome tomorrow night?

Non title match: Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka

The two lock up to start it off and Michaels hits two consecutive bodyslams. Shawn runs to the ropes, ducks a Tatanka clothesline attempt and hits a forearm-kick up combo. HBK takes Tatanka and rams him into each and every turnbuckle. Tatanka then starts his dance and takes advantage. Tatanka drops a few rights and picks Michaels up. Small package gets 2. Tatanka takes Michaels down with some tomahawk chops and goes to the top. He hits another tomahawk chop. Tatanka starts his dance again and the crowd gets pumped up. He quickly covers and gets a close 2 count. Tatanka picks Michaels up and Irish whips him into the turnbuckle. He then squashes him with a clothesline. Michaels barely gets out of the corner walking and Tatanka bodyslams him. Tatanka drops a leg and covers for a close 2 count. Michaels gets up and pokes Tatanka in the eye. He tries to Irish whip The Native American, but it's reversed and Tatanka uses his momentum to hit a clothesline. Tatanka locks in an arm-bar and Michaels gets up. He tries to go for the hair, but every time he gets close the ref looks. Finally, Tatanka lets him go with an Irish whip. Michaels goes for a crucifix, but he hits the referee with his leg. Tatanka counters it into the End of the Trail! Tatanka covers and the crowd counts 3. Tatanka tries to get the ref up and he starts showing signs of consciousness, but MT Ninja comes running down the aisle. He exchanges rights with Tatanka and hops onto the apron. Tatanka goes for a right hand, but Ninja drops down. Tatanka bounces off the top rope right into a Back Suplex by Shawn Michaels. The ref starts reviving and counts: 1...2...3 Michaels wins the match and The International Force screws yet another popular American wrestler.

Pre Match I

Mr. Perfect's music sounds to a big pop. He comes out with Darren Malenko behind him and takes the mic: "Well, I definitely want to be a part of that. New York, New York (Cheap pop). May I introduce to you the next WWF TV Champion - Darren Malenko. (Pop) But before we go on to conquer the TV strap, we have a stop here in New York (Smaller cheap pop). And that stop is called "Macho Man" Randy Savage (Heat). It was not long ago that I tagged with Savage, but he's changed. He aligned himself with people like Bobby Heenan (Heat), Ric Flair (Heat) and Razor Ramon (Heat). But it is no threat to Darren. Just like Darren is going to beat The Mountie on his way to the top, he is going to beat Savage on his way to The Mountie."

Darren Malenko vs Randy Savage

Savage comes out to a big heat and the two lock up. Malenko takes him down with an arm drag. Savage gets upset and runs at him, but Malenko drop toe holds him right into the second turnbuckle. Malenko climbs to the top and hits Savage with his own maneuver, the double axe handle. Malenko covers and gets a 2 count. He covers again, this time hooking the leg, but the count still doesn't reach 3. Malenko Irish whips Savage into the turnbuckle. The ref asks for a clean brake, but Savage pokes Malenko in the eye. Savage hits Malenko with a couple of right hands. He picks him up and hits a fallaway slam. Cover gets a close 2 count. Savage places Malenko on the second rope and amateur suplexes him out of it. Great move. Cover gets a close 2 count. Savage runs to the ropes and hits a shoulder block. Savage picks Malenko up and sends him into the turnbuckle again. This time Malenko blocks the avalanche attempt with a boot to the face. Savage is groggy and Malenko climbs to the top. Cross body connects! 1...2...No. Only 2. Malenko picks Savage up and hits a DDT. Malenko pumps the crowd up and locks in the Texas Cloverleaf! Savage tries to fight it but in the meantime The Mountie comes running down the aisle with a chair and hits Perfect with it. He locks in the Abdominal Stretch on Perfect while holding to the apron for leverage! Malenko leaves Savage and goes after Mountie, who runs to the back with Malenko right after him. The ref continues to count and eventually counts Darren Malenko out. Randy Savage wins via count out.

Pre Match II

Bret Hart's music plays and he comes out, along with his brother Owen. They get into the ring and Bret takes a mic. For the first time, Bret and Owen come to the ring with sun glasses. Bret starts the trash talk: "Ah, New York (Pop, which turns into a heat when...) What a dump. You know, I've been in a lot of places in America. Never been too impressed by this country, but this is definitely the worst place to wrestle in. (Heat) I mean, look at you people! You inner city slick crooks, who care only about money. (From here on, Bret's speech is barely heard over the loud heat.) You really have to learn a lot from us Canadians. We care about what truly matters - friendship, love, sportsmanship. Family (Points at Owen, who nods.) But I can't blame you people. That's who you are and that's how you were raised. Just like Hulk Hogan (Pop). Yeah, you can cheer because he's just like you. Drinks his milk, with a shot of booze (Heat). Says his prayers - to get more money and be even more greedy and cheap. And takes his vitamins. So that's how you call it today? Vitamins? You people are pathetic. And I'm ashamed I have to represent the Canadian people in a place like this. But I have to. Maybe after I win here and get my money, it will be spent on more noble causes than what Hogan will spend it on. On that boozed up milk, those so called vitamins and the lord knows what. Maybe if you see real athletes compete, you will know what wrestling should be about." He tosses the mic.

The Hart Brothers vs Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

After a 5 minute entrance ceremony for each, The Hulkster and Taker are ready to wrestle. Hogan and The Hitman start it off. Hogan hits a couple of right hands and Bret gets his head outside, causing a break. He runs at Hogan, who hits a powerslam. Cover gets 2. Hogan points at Taker as if asking the crowd if to let him in. Hogan picks Bret up and tags Taker in. Hogan slams him down and Taker picks him up. He sends Bret to the ropes and runs to the opposite ropes. Flying clothesline connects and Bret rolls to the outside, where Owen checks that everything is alright with him. Bret rolls back in and clotheslines The Undertaker's back. The Undertaker goes all the way to the outside, but lands on his feet. Bret picks him up by the hair but The Undertaker introduces Bret's neck to the top rope. The Undertaker gets back in, where Bret thumbs him in the eye. Bret takes The Undertaker's jaw and drives it into his own head. The Undertaker is groggy and Bret hits him with a flying clothesline. Nonchalant cover gets 2 as The Undertaker sits up. Bret, frightened, tags in Owen. Owen goes to the top rope and hits a flying spinning heel kick. Cover gets 2 as The Undertaker sits up again. Owen hits a Russian legsweep and taunts the crowd, but The Undertaker sits up behind him. The Undertaker tags in Hogan and Owen turns around to see this. Hogan threatens him and Owen begs for mercy. Hogan points at Bret and Owen tags in his brother. The two exchange right hands and Bret pokes Hogan in the eye. Hogan drops and Bret quickly locks in the Sharpshooter! Hogan uses his leg strength to get Bret off of him. Bret is shocked. Hogan starts Hulking up and points at Bret. With the crowd: "You!" Hulk's going bananas continues. Bret tries to hit him with a right hand, but Hogan blocks it and hits a couple of rights. He sends Bret to the ropes and hits a big boot. Owen tries to get in but Taker gets in and chokeslams him. Hogan runs to the ropes and hits Bret with the Legdrop. Cover! 1...2...3 Hogan continues celebrating until Finkel says goodbye to the crowd.

Overall rating: 76

Newsflash!

*No end in sight for Bret Hart saga!

With approximately two months left before King of the Ring and no one in the WWF knows for sure what the outcome of the Bret-Hogan match which is being hyped over the last few weeks, and no one even knows for sure if the match will happen. This is the situation currently:

Hulk Hogan was asked to drop the belt at King of the Ring to make Bret a 2 time champion and base the International Force as a force to be recognized. Hogan said no, but after more negotiating, which included the signing of Hogan's nephew, Horace, he agreed. Bret Hart, on the other hand, didn't like being played by Hogan and having the fait of his career hanging over if Hogan wants to be champion a couple of months or not. He had some rough meetings with the officials and right now there are three options: Bret could have enough of it and leave the WWF BEFORE King of the Ring, in which case the main event will be changed and Hogan retaining will be an option again; Bret could prove his loyalty by not screwing up the main event but still leaving AFTER King of the Ring, in which case Hogan will get his and retain the title against Bret. The third option is of Bret's problems with the WWF being solved and Bret winning the title at King of the Ring. One thing is for sure: Both on stage and off of it, King of the Ring will be interesting to watch.

Edited by kaplanir

Monday Night Anguish 4.12.93!

Vince: "Tonight, The Steiner Brothers face their toughest challenge yet as many believe The Slick Bad Guys will win the titles. Hi everyone, welcome to Monday Night Anguish. I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan. Bobby, tonight the tag team you identify with the most might win the gold."

Heenan: "I think you're a little confused there, McMahon. You said might instead of will. The word you're looking for is will."

Vince: "Also tonight - D'Lo Brown and The Dynamite Kid in a King of the Ring qualifier and other superstars in action. Folks, King of the Ring is our next Pay-per-View, you know that but to all our British fans, we're coming to you live May 9th with UK Rampage! The great action-packed matches for Rampage include The Mountie vs. D'Lo Brown and Bob Backlund vs. Bret Hart! Check your local listings for more information. But right now, it's time for The Brother Love Show!"

The Brother Love Show

Brother Love is standing in The Brother Love Show set with a mic: "Welcome everyone to The Brother Love Show (Heat)! I am very proud of myself for getting an exclusive interview with tonight's guest. He is a member of the talented pack of wrestlers we all know and LOVE - The International Force (Heat). Ladies and gentlemen - the greatest WWF Champion of all time - Bret 'The Hitman' Hart!"

Bret's music plays and he comes out, for the first time on TV with sunglasses. He doesn't let some fans touch him and gets into the ring. He poses for the crowd, who respond with a big heat. He then signals as if they don't matter. He sits down.

Love: "Bret, thanks for being here (Bret nods). Bret, you are considered by many if not all as the best WWF Champion of all time. You've beaten some of the greatest names in this industry; of course none was as great as yours. How do you feel about today's generation of superstars in the era after your championship era?"

Bret: "Well, Brother Love, first of all it's great to be here and find I think the first cultural American I've seen in a long time, including this audience (Heat) Oh, shut up! (Heat). What do I think about today's generation? Well, of course no one can be as good as me. As you all know, I'm the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be, but I can see some superstars with great futures in front of them. My Brother Owen, (Points at Brother Love) The Dynamite Kid, MT Ninja and The Mountie (Heats come with all those names) are all packed with potential. But on the other hand, there are some wrestlers I see and just get disgusted thinking what the industry will look like with those guys taking over. People who represent America on all its flaws, and it as many. People like Jeff Patriot (Pop), Bob Backlund (Pop) and of course, the worst of all - Hulk Hogan (Pop, and a Hogan chant that starts)."

Love: "You people can chant all you want, Hulk Hogan is not invited. And no matter how much you want him, guess what - he ain't com..."

He is interrupted by Real American over the PA and the crowd goes nuts. Hulk Hogan comes out and hi-fives some fans while pointing at Love and Bret in the ring. He gets in and poses a little bit. He then asks Finkel for another mic, which he gets.

Hogan : "You know something, Love and Hart? You can sit around and insult America and its representatives in the WWF, but the bottom line is that we're better than you, brothers. Let's take a look at the WWF champions. Our tag team champions are probably the best tag teams I've seen in a long while - The Steiner Brothers, who (interrupted by a pop) Yeah, that's exactly what they're worth! And they learned their basics in Minnesota right here in the USA, Brother! (Pop) Who is the next WWF TV champion? Darren Malenko (Pop), who is as red, white and blue as it gets, Brother. And finally, who is the man you find most disgusting? The Hulkster (Pop). And you can love him or hate him but the fact of the matter is that this right here (Points at the WWF Championship around his waste) means I am the best there is (Pop). Another fact is that this is my fifth title reign, an accomplishment never before achieved and especially not by you, Bret. That means I am the best there was, Brother (Pop). And I might not be the best there ever will be because I see a lot of talented dudes wrestling around here, but one thing is for sure, Bret - you are not the best there was (Pop), you are not the best there is (Pop) and you are certainly not the best there ever will be (Pop)."

With this, Bret tries to cheap shot Hogan, who blocks the shot and hits a couple of rights, but the rest of The International Force come to the rescue. They attack Hogan and Love and Bret join them. Suddenly, Tatanka and Jeff Patriot come running to the ring. The International Force still have the advantage, but once Bob Backlund, Darren Malenko and Mr. Perfect appear, the Americans are in control. All International Force members roll to the outside and attend Bret.

Continuation

Jeff Patriot has the mic now: "Tell me something, you bunch of no-good pathetic losers (Pop), who are you? Who are you to badmouth this great country? (Pop) You like talking about America, well let me tell you something about America: America brought these 6 great athletes. Look at this ring! Look at the talent in this ring! Look at Bob Backlund (Pop), he has 3 WWF title reigns to his credit, something none of you have. Look at Mr. Perfect (Pop), he held the prestigious Intercontinental title for over 9 months, giving birth to the greatest reign in history, another thing none of you can say about yourselves. Look at Darren Malenko (Pop), this guy is going to take the WWF by storm, starting with your TV title, Mountie (Pop). And look at Tatanka (Pop). He had one of the most impressive undefeated streaks in WWF history and if it wasn't for your cheating methods, Mountie, he would have been undefeated to this day!"

Tatanka takes the mic: "And let's not forget Jeff Patriot (Pop), this guy can beat each and everyone of you on any day of the week (Pop) and after King of the Ring, he's going to be the no. 1 contender for the WWF title!"

Patriot: "And last but certainly not least, the immortal one - Hulk Hogan (Biggest pop). What can you say about this man that hasn't been said? 5 time WWF champion, the best wrestler today and probably the best of all time. And tell me, how can you guys compete with that? You (Points at Owen) wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for your brother (Pop), you (Points at MT Ninja) have one and a half wins and you call yourself a sensation (Pop), you (Points at Brother Love) haven't managed a successful wrestler since about the ice age (Pop), you (Points at The Dynamite Kid) are just a pathetic has-been (Pop), you (Points at The Mountie) are about to lose that TV championship and never seen once Darren Malenko is finished with you (Pop) and you (Points at Bret Hart to a heat)... You are the worst of all. You held the WWF title for about 2 seconds, lost it and haven't finished crying about it ever since! (Pop). You're just a bunch of pathetic loser and we're going to take you out. One by one." (Pop as Patriot's music starts and all of the wrestlers in the ring pose to the crowd and threaten the International Force members with hand gestures.)

Jeff Patriot gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "It's about time someone said that!"

Heenan: "Who does he think he is, talking like that about such talented workers?"

Vince: "He's someone you'll never be, Bobby Heenan - a real American. Folks, we're going to take a quick commercial break but still to come is the WWF tag titles main event between The Steiner Brothers and The Slick Bad Guys!"

Heenan: "And up next The Dynamite Kid is going to qualify to the King of the Ring tournament, defeating that no-good D'Lo Brown."

Vince: "Stay tuned!"

[Commercial break]

D'Lo Brown vs The Dynamite Kid (w/ Brother Love)

We return from commercials to see The Dynamite Kid in control. He hits a dropkick and D'Lo goes down. The Dynamite Kid runs to the ropes and hits a flying reverse elbow. The Dynamite Kid goes to the top and D'Lo gets up. Bulldog connects. The Dynamite Kid signals for the end and goes to the top. Top Rope Legdrop connects! The Dynamite Kid leaves his leg on D'Lo as a cover. 1...2...3 The Dynamite Kid gets the third slot in the King of the Ring tournament.

Vince: "(The Dynamite Kid's music still plays in the background.) Well, another slot for the King of the Ring tournament has been filled. Let's take a look at the tournament so far:

QUARTER FINALS

Razor Ramon

Jeff Patriot

The Dynamite Kid

MT Ninja/Bob Backlund

Rick Martel/Tatanka

Ted DiBiase/PJ Walker

Randy Savage/The Kamikaze Kid

Owen Hart/The Undertaker

Heenan: "Look at that, the International Force are going to have three representatives in the tournament!"

Vince: "Well, anything can happen in the WWF. In fact, everything DOES happen in the WWF! And can you imagine what will happen if The Kamikaze Kid wins the tournament AND wins The Intercontinental Championship?"

Heenan: "No, and I don't have to because Macho Man is going to make him into meatballs."

Vince: "We'll just see...Wait a minute, what is he doing?!"

Continuation II

Brother Love takes a mic: "And to show all of you what we think about American wrestlers, here is a little demonstration."

The crowd boos as The Dynamite Kid goes to the top. Brother Love places D'Lo Brown in the center of the ring, but the crowd pops as Bob Backlund comes running down the aisle. He pushes The Dynamite Kid off the top rope and clotheslines Brother Love to the outside. The Dynamite Kid runs at Backlund, who uses the momentum to slam him. Backlund looks at the crowd and points to the top rope. Backlund starts climbing it and hits The Swandive Headbutt on The Dynamite Kid! Backlund celebrates as Brother Love rolls The Dynamite Kid to the outside.

Vince: "Thank god for Bob Backlund!"

Heenan: "Thank god for Bob Backlund? Thank god for The Dynamite Kid! Because he's going to get rid of Bob Backlund and do us all a big favor once he recuperates from this cheap shot."

Vince: "Right now let's go to some pre-recorded comments from Darren Malenko and his manager - Mr. Perfect."

Heenan: "Oh, good."

Pre Recorded

Mr. Perfect and Darren Malenko are standing in the pre-recorded comments studio. This week's background: Purple!

"The Mountie. The WWF TV champion. Well, not for long! Because once we get you, you will never even remember the time you were champion, thanks to the beating Darren will give you. We don't know when, we don't know where, but it will happen. Darren Malenko will either pin you or make you submit and win that TV championship on his way to the top. But Mountie, maybe when it was just about the fact that you have the title we want, we could have gone easy on you. Letting you continue on wrestling and not finishing off your career. But this has become more than that. When you step into the ring with Darren Malenko, Darren will be representing the most important thing to him and to me. And that is this great country. America. And when you represent America, or worse than that - when you face a wrestler that badmouths America, you have to take it up a notch and that's why you're going to be kicked around when that day comes. And Mountie, that day will come. And THAT'S perfect."

Darren Malenko : "Mountie, that title is mine. Soon, Mountie. Soon."

Vince: "I'm sure the authority team is listening to all this."

Heenan: "Yeah, so?"

Vince: "So Malenko's wish will be granted. He will get that TV title match sooner or later."

Heenan: "That's ridiculous. We have plenty of other wrestlers deserving of title matches and they'll get it."

Vince: "We'll just see about that. Right now let's go to the ring for some more action!"

Non-title match: Booker T vs Shawn Michaels

The two lock up and Michaels throws Booker into the turnbuckle. Booker runs at the champ, but gets superkicked right in the jaw. Michael shows his strength advantage by picking Booker up and hitting a fallaway slam. Booker rests in the corner and Michaels Irish whips him into the opposite corner and arm-drags him. Michaels hits a vertical suplex and appears to hit another one, which is changed at the last minute to a brainbuster for a 2 count. Michaels holds the top rope and kicks Booker until the jobber gets pushed out of the ring. Michaels goes after him, rams his head into the apron and rolls him back in. Booker gets up and Michaels is already on his way back from the ropes. Flying forearm connects. Michaels kicks up cockily, which gets a boo from the crowd. Michaels gives the camera a cocky smile and gets back to the demolition. Michaels tries to ram Booker's face into the top turnbuckle, but the jobber reverses it. Booker starts to gain momentum with chops and elbows. Booker kicks Michaels in the gut and hits a few forearms. He goes for a belly to back suplex, but Michaels, showing great athleticism, lands on his feet. HBK backs Booker into the ropes and rolls him up for 2. Booker reverses it and gets a 2 as well. Michaels reverses it again and holds onto the tights. The ref counts to 3. Even though he controlled most of the match, the hand full of tights made the difference. Michaels gets angry at Booker and starts kicking him around. The crowd then pops as The Kamikaze Kid comes running down the aisle. He and Michaels exchange rights and Michaels takes the advantage. He pokes The Kamikaze Kid in the eye and hits his patented Back Suplex. Michaels goes in Finkel's direction and picks up the Intercontinental belt. He tries to hit The Kamikaze Kid with it, but the challenger ducks and spinning heel kicks the belt right into Michaels' face. Michaels is knocked out as Anguish goes to commercials.

[Commercial break]

Vince: "We are back here on Monday Night Anguish. Bobby Heenan, before the break the Intercontinental champion's patented Back Suplex wasn't enough to knock out The Kamikaze Kid, who eventually came out on top."

Heenan: "Yeah, using a foreign object!"

Vince: "Which Michaels brought to the ring in the first place!"

Heenan: "Oh, what do you know? The important thing is that at King of the Ring, this kind of thing will no be tolerated."

Vince: "Well...(Listens to his earphone) wait a minute. I'm being told something is going on backstage. Let's go there!"

Save Some

Rick Martel and PJ Walker are being held back by several jobbers and officials. Jerry Lawler is not one of them. The yell at each other. Here is some stuff you could hear over the yelling:

Martel: "You shut your mouth, you little brat. I'll show you!"

Walker: "Bring it on!"

They try to break free, but the officials and jobbers hold them back.

Walker: "Come on, Martel, are you chicken?!"

Martel tries to break free, but can't.

Martel: "What I do in the ring today is nothing compared to what I'll do to you when I get my hands on you! (To the hold backers) Let me go, you idiots!"

He breaks free and walks away, obviously pissed.

Vince: "Things are really heating up between Rick Martel and PJ Walker."

Heenan: "I wouldn't want to be Martel's opponent tonight."

(Macho Man Randy Savage's music starts)

Vince: "Now what?"

Heenan: "Now we are honored by the presence of one of the greatest wrestlers alive!"

Randy Comments

Macho Man Randy Savage comes walking down the aisle, getting the biggest heat of the night. He climbs each turnbuckle and the heats get stronger on each one. He asks for a mic and gets it: "Oooh yeah! (Heat) The Macho Man got some things to say so you better listen up. Last night we all saw The Macho Man pin The Undertaker in this ring (To the camera, with his fingers) 1...2...3. You saw it, the people at home saw it, Vince McMahon saw it and Bobby Heenan saw it."

Heenan: "That's true! I did! This guy's amazing!"

Savage: "Well, I proved to everyone that I am better than The Undertaker! I am better than any wrestler in the WWF. I should be the number one contender for Hogan's title! But I'm not, because first I have to get an obstacle out of the way. An obstacle called The Undertaker. And once I take care of The Undertaker, there will be no other obstacles in my way. And I will be WWF champion! (Heat) You can boo all you want; you can give me all the jeers in the world, but it will happen. But first, Undertaker, The Macho Man is coming after you! Oooh yeah!"

Vince: "I wouldn't be so cocky if I were Randy Savage. Many people have thought in the past they could get passed The Undertaker, and eventually rested in peace."

Heenan: "Yeah, people like Razor Ramon?"

Vince: "No. Ramon cheated to win. And I still believe The Undertaker is a better wrestler than he is."

Heenan: "McMahon, people care more about what tooth paste Randy Savage will use tonight than about what you think."

Vince: "Let's go back to the action."

Tony Mamaluke vs Rick Martel (w/ Jerry Lawler)

Tony Mamaluke takes the surprising advantage early on with a few high dropkicks that welcome Martel to the ring. He tries to hit a right hand, but it's blocked by Martel, who hits a couple of rights of his own. Martel picks Mamaluke up and hits a brainbuster suplex. Martel continues to dominate until Mamaluke counters a powerbomb attempt into a rana and a cover for 2. Mamaluke continues to control with a few chops to Martel. He slaps him around and then starts a series of kicks to the head and body of Martel a-la Kamikaze Kid. Mamaluke takes Martel out of the corner with an arm-drag and seems to be in control. He raises his arms and the crowd pops silently. Martel gets upset and runs at Mamaluke, who hits a drop toe hold. Anguish goes to commercials and when we come back, Mamaluke goes for a right hand, but Martel ducks and goes for a back suplex. Mamaluke lands on his feet and gets an inside cradle for 2. Mamaluke hooks Martel up and hits a snap suplex. He goes for a DDT, but Martel turns it into a northern lights suplex bridge for 2. Martel locks a headlock and Mamaluke sends him to the ropes. Mamaluke flattens himself, but Martel drops a legdrop to the back of the jobber's head. Martel then quickly locks in the Boston Crab. Mamaluke tries to fight it, but he can't so he taps out. Martel, though, doesn't let go and three referees have to physically get him away from Mamaluke. Martel kicks Mamaluke until he gets to the outside and celebrates with Lawler.

Vince: "What a despicable act by Martel! He attacked Tony Mamaluke just for wanting to win!"

Heenan: "Despicable?! The word you're looking for is ingenious! He is sending a message to PJ Walker! This is great psychological warfare! Mamaluke got kicked just like the day he first tried to kiss a girl! Haha!"

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan. Folks, earlier on, Tony Chimel tried to get some comments from the reigning WWF Tag Team champions, but things got a little out of hand. Let's take you to what happened."

Chimel Time Ruined

Tony Chimel is standing backstage with The Steiner Brothers, who are holding their titles.

Chimel: "Rick and Scott Steiner, tonight you have to face what is considered to be the toughest challenge yet in your tag championship reign - The Slick Bad Guys."

Scott: "Yeah, Tony, we know we have to wrestle a former 3 time WWF champion. We know we have to wrestle a guy, who defeated The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, but they have to wrestle the tag champions, and Tony, there is a reason why we're champions and that is that we are the best."

Rick: "Well, you know Tony Chime me and my brother Scott are going to put everything we've got on the line tonight and we're going to give it our all and bring the tag championship back home with us!" (Barks)

Ric Flair's voice out of the frame: "Wooo! (Gets in the frame, along with Razor Ramon) The Steiner Brothers are sure they're going to beat us tonight. Did you hear that, Razor? Well, you might be great champions but you're not...Razor, would you like the honors?"

Razor: "Limousine-riding..."

Razor : "lear-jet-flying..."

Razor: "caviar-eating..."

Flair: "Wooo! Go all the way, Razor!"

Razor: "sons of guns!"

(Both laugh)

Flair: "Steiners, to be the men, you've got to beat the men and you still haven't faced (Points at Razor and himself) the men! But tonight, you will and you will know why we are - the men! Wooo! Come on, Razor!"

(Walk off)

Slick Bad Guys vs The Steiner Brothers © (For The WWF Tag Team Titles)

Razor and Scott start the match. They lock up and Razor gets a scoop slam. He taunts the crowd, who boos while Flair claps him. Razor Irish whips Scott to the ropes and hits a spinebuster. Flair asks for the tag and gets it. The Slick Bad Guys send Scott to the ropes and Razor hits a double backdrop. Flair then drops a knee to Scott's face. Flair picks Scott up and hits a vertical suplex. He covers and gets 2. Flair hits a couple of forearms and continues to dominate until a right hand battle, which Scott wins. Scott hits a suplex and Rick gets the hot tag. Razor gets in illegally and Rick kicks him in the gut. Rick throws Razor over the top and goes back to Flair. Flair goes for a right hand, but Rick ducks and hits a back suplex. He barks and the crowd pops. Rick continues to control the match until he goes for a roll-up and Razor almost beheads him with a clothesline. Razor gets back to his corner and Flair gets the tag. Razor looks at the ref as if saying "Now is it okay?" He kicks Rick in the head and hits a Death Valley driver. Cover gets a very close 2 count. Razor hits another scoop slam and taunts the crowd some more. He sends Rick to the ropes and goes for a hip toss, which is blocked. Razor goes for it again, but he gets blocked again. Rick then goes for a backslide for a 2 count. Razor goes for a quick clothesline as the two get up, but Rick ducks it and kicks Razor in the gut. Suplex finds the mark. The ref reaches an 8 count until the two get up and exchange rights. Rick takes the advantage and hits a Russian legsweep. He's exhausted but still manages to cover Razor for a 2 count, after Flair gets in and interferes. Scott gets in as well and clotheslines Flair to the outside. Razor then clotheslines Scott to the outside and turns around into a kick to the gut from Rick. Rick picks him up and hits The Razor's Edge! He hit Razor with his own move! Razor is out! Cover! 1...2...3! The Steiner Brothers retain their titles!"

All participants gained overness from this feud ending.

The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Vince: "What a match! What a win! What a night! We have to go! Good night, everybody, see you next week!"

Overall rating: 78

TV rating: 6.64

Edited by kaplanir

Newsflash

*Damien Demento released!

Wrestlemania 9 was Damien Demento's first Wrestlemania. As it turns out, it probably will also be his last. Demento was released from the WWF after last week's Monday Night Anguish taping. This probably explains his Wrestlemania slot as the WWF wanted to open PJ Walker's post-jobber career with a major win over someone a little more than a jobber.

* Two new wrestlers in the WWF!

The WWF have called up two new wrestlers from Ohio Valley Wrestling - WWF's development territory. Their names at OVW, which they will probably use in the main rosters as well are Al Snow and Brian Christopher, who is the son of none other former wrestler current manager Jerry "The King" Lawler. It is still unclear whether they will go their separate ways or continue as a tag team in the main roster as well, but they are said to be very talented and Christopher's gimmick has already been revealed as obnoxious, a gimmick usually used by managers. It will be interesting to see how it will work on an active wrestler and what gimmick Snow will be assigned with.

Monday Night Anguish 4.19.93!

Vince: "As the countdown to King of the Ring continues, one more qualifying match tonight and much, much more! Hi everyone, welcome to Monday Night Anguish. I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan. A huge night is indeed ahead of us. MT Ninja will try to continue his undefeated streak as he takes on Bob Backlund in a King of the Ring qualifying match."

Heenan: "What do you mean try? But that's not important, McMahon. The International Force has taken a huge blow this week!"

Vince: "You're right, Heenan. The Mountie, the TV Champion and one of The International Force's top recruits has sustained an injury and the TV championship was declared vacant. We're going to hear from Captain Lou Albano about this later. Also tonight, PJ Walker takes on Owen Hart and The Kamikaze Kid in action. But right now here comes one of the most impressive and promising tag teams in the world, in their WWF debut – Al Snow and Brian Christopher. They are Damage Inc.."

Jim Powers and Tony Mamalukee vs. Damage Inc.

The two come out and try not to touch the fans. Al Snow starts the match with Jim Powers. The lock up and Snow kicks him in the gut. He runs to the ropes and hits a face crusher. He covers and gets 2. Snow picks Powers up and Irish whips him to the turnbuckle. He hits some stiff chops. Snow takes Powers out with a jaw breaker and locks in an arm-bar. Powers tries to gets out of it with an Irish whips, but Snow holds on and hits a clothesline. He shows the crowd he has brains and they respond with a heat. He responds to the respond with a "Go to hell". Snow sets Powers up and hits a tiger bomb. The ref counts and Snow probably has the 3, but he lets go and tags in Brian Christopher. Christopher kicks Powers around and continues to control the match until he goes to the top. He goes for the Alabama Jam, but Powers moves out of the way. Mamalukee gets the hot tag and hits Christopher with a suplex. He hypes the crowd up and gets a mild pop. He quickly covers and gets 2. Mamalukee tags in Powers who hits a clothesline from the top and gets the 2 count. Powers tries to hit a few right hands, but Christopher blocks one and kicks him in the gut. He locks in a head lock and tags in Snow. He holds Powers' arm up so Snow can kick him, and so he does. He goes for an Irish whip, but it's reversed. Powers lowers his head and Snow kicks him. He reverses the position and locks in a reverse sleeper! Vince says he calls it The Beast Choker. The referee checks Powers' arm three times and he's out. Mamalukee gets in to see how his friend is doing and Christopher clotheslines him to the outside. They make angry faces and the camera goes back to Vince and Heenan.

Vince: "Very impressive WWF debut for Damage Inc.."

Heenan: "I like these guys. They're handsome, strong and have technical ability. Just like me!"

Vince: "Yeah, sure. They seem to be a dangerous addition as far as the WWF tag team division is concerned. (PJ Walker's music starts) But right now it's time for some action!"

PJ Walker vs. Owen Hart

The two lock up and PJ Walker gets a headlock. Owen sends him to the ropes and lowers his head, which lets Walker to hit a swinging neckbreaker. Walker signals for the end! He picks Owen up and sets him up...piledriver connects! Walker covers! 1...2...no! Owen kicks out and prevents a major upset. Walker tries a legdrop, but Owen moves out of the way. They both get up and Owen hits a good elevation dropkick. Walker gets up and Owen hits him with a flying elbow. Cover gets 2. They get up and Owen goes for a scoop slam. Walker counters into an inside cradle for 2. They get up and Owen clotheslines Walker. Owen picks him up and goes for a right hand. Walker responds with a few of his own and hits a DDT. Walker barely gets the cover and Owen barely gets the shoulder up. Walker gets up first and the crowd gives him energy. Walker starts believing in himself and hits rights and lefts. Walker hits a few forearms and goes for a roll-up, but Owen hangs on to the ropes. Walker gets up and Owen hits him with a clothesline. The match takes a slower pace from now on. At this point, Vince interviews Rick Martel in a small block in the corner.

Vince: "Jerry Lawler and Rick Martel, thanks for joining us. PJ Walker seems to be wrestling one of his greatest matches tonight. Do you see this as a threat?"

Lawler: "A threat? You call that Pee Wee a threat to The Model? Everyone saw on Monday Night Anguish how Martel manhandled Walker. He can take him on any given night. And you just wait and see - Owen Hart will do the same."

Vince: "So what are you saying? That Rick Martel is a good wrestler or that PJ Walker isn't?"

Lawler: "McMahon, you're even dumber than I remember. I'm saying both! And it's just like the WWF to stick The Model in matches against lesser opponents like Pee Wee instead of putting him in high-profile title matches, which The Model belongs to. This is a disgrace! But I'm not surprised. The WWF is known for its crooked thinking and its horrible decisions. This is no new thing. But with the great talent of The Model and the great mind of myself, we will fight the authority, fight against all odds and we will reign supreme in the WWF. If the road has to start with PJ Walker, so be it. Walker will be only one of all the victims who will tap out. Every great journey starts with one small Boston Crab, McMahon, or in Walker's case - a teeny tiny Boston Crab!" (He laughs with Martel as the block disappears)

Owen Hart is still in control and he covers for 2. Owen goes for a suplex, but Walker slides out the back door and gets a roll-up for 2. Owen counters into a roll-up of his own, with the hand full of tights. Owen holds on and the ref counts. 1...2...3! Owen gets the win. Walker protests, but Owen clobbers him from behind. Owen locks in The Sharpshooter! Suddenly, Jeff Patriot comes running down the aisle and hits a face crusher on Owen. He locks in The Figure Four! Owen Hart is screaming in pain and MT Ninja comes to the rescue. He breaks the hold and starts pounding Patriot. And Tatanka comes to the rescue! At some point Bret Hart shows up and officials break up the brawl which finally includes The Hart Brothers, MT Ninja, PJ Walker, Jeff Patriot and Tatanka.

[Commercial break]

Vince: "We are back here on Monday Night Anguish. What a brawl ensued here only moments ago and we've been informed that our British fans will have yet another treat on Rampage May 9th live on Pay-per-View as MT Ninja goes one on one against Jeff Patriot. Other matches include Bob Backlund vs. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels vs. Scott Steiner. If you live in the UK, you wouldn't want to miss it. (Captain Lou's music starts) Oh and look who's coming! We haven't seen him in a long time!"

Heenan: "And did anyone complain?"

New Champ on the Way

Captain Lou takes the mic: "How are you all doing tonight? (Pop) As you all must have heard by now, The Mountie (Heat) has sustained an injury (Pop and a small smile on Albano's face). Therefore, the WWF TV championship was declared vacant (Pop). And so, in a meeting, the authority team has decided that there will be a tournament to declare the new champion. The finals of this tournament will be held on June 13th at King of the Ring. And we all agreed that the first man that should get a chance in this tournament is the number one contender. So I give you Darren Malenko! (Pop)" Darren Malenko comes out and Lou Albano gets out of the ring.

Vince: "Here they come! Darren Malenko and Mr. Perfect. I don't know how fair is this, that instead of one match, Malenko has to wrestle three matches to get the title."

Heenan: "Don't worry; he'll only have to wrestle one..."

Vince: "What do you mean wrestle on...Oh, stop it Bobby Heenan. Let's see who his opponent is...(Jerry Lawler's music starts)."

Heenan: "(Laughing) Oh, this should be good."

TV title tournament quarter-finals: Rick Martel (w/ Jerry Lawler) vs. Darren Malenko (w/ Mr. Perfect)

Malenko starts off hard on Martel. He hits a couple of dropkicks, picks him up and hits a DDT. He covers and gets 2. Picks him up and hits another DDT. Malenko continues to control the match until he runs to the ropes, and Lawler grabs his foot. Perfect goes over and tries to catch Lawler. The ref gets out and Malenko is distracted. Martel hits a low blow and takes the advantage. Martel hits a few right hands and a back suplex. The ref is back in the ring. Martel covers and gets a close 2 count, after Vince said of course that this can't end this way. Martel, though, is still in control. He picks Malenko up and hits a tiger bomb. He smiles at Lawler and holds on for only a 2 count. Martel gets upset. He consults with Lawler and when he returns, Malenko elbows him in the face. Malenko sets up his foot and hits a stiff superkick. Cover gets a close 2 count. Malenko Irish whips Martel to the far side and hits a tornado DDT! Malenko covers and gets a very close 2 count. Malenko signals for the end and locks in the Texas Clover Leaf! Lawler gets on the apron and Malenko hits him with a right hand. He turns around and Martel gets him with a thumb to the eye. Malenko hits a few forearms and an arm drag. Malenko holds on to an arm-bar. Martel counters it with an Irish whip. He goes for a front dropkick, but Malenko holds on and quickly locks in the Texas Clover Leaf again! Lawler gets on the apron again, but Mr. Perfect takes him down by his legs and gives him a solid right hand. The ref goes to the outside and Perfect backs down. The ref gets back in and Martel submits. Malenko advances to the semi-finals.

Vince: "Darren Malenko, making his first step in his new journey to the TV championship."

Heenan: "That Perfect cost Martel the title! He should be suspended, fired!"

Vince: "Didn't you once say you taught him everything he knows?"

Heenan: "So what? Didn't you once say you can announce? People say things!"

Vince: "Folks, we're going to take a quick commercial brake, but still to come is the King of the Ring qualifier between the undefeated MT Ninja and the all-American Bob Backlund. But up next some comments from The Undertaker, who we will see in action later tonight. Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

McMahon Time

Vince McMahon is standing in the middle of the ring, with a mic: "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome from Death Valley (Pop starts), the phenom himself, along with Paul Bearer - The Undertaker!" The Undertaker comes out to a nice pop, along with Paul Bearer. He raises his arms and the lights go back on. The two get in and Paul Bearer places himself near McMahon. "Paul Bearer, first of all, thank you for this interview. Now, this year has been a rather unique year for The Undertaker. Instead of focusing on his WWF championship quest, like he did in previous years, he had to face wrestlers who forced him into the matches. First Razor Ramon at Wrestlemania and now Macho Man Randy Savage."

Paul Bearer: "Ooohhh, Vince McMahon. Ever since the Royal Rumble, when my Undertaker was eliminated, we had to set aside our quest for WWF gold and focus on feeding souls to the creatures of the night. Razor Ramon's soul will get there and so will that of Macho Man Randy Savage. And once my Undertaker finishes off Macho Man Randy Savage, he could move on to the King of the Ring, winning the tournament and going on to face the WWF champion at Summerslam. Randy Savage will not be an obstacle, he will be a warm-up! Oohhh yes!!"

The Undertaker: "Creatures of the night, you may await as one more soul will soon be on its way to you. Macho Man Randy Savage, your days are numbered. Once you face death itself, there will be no escape for you and you will (With the crowd) rest in peace." The Undertaker rolls his eyes and, along with Paul Bearer returns to the back.

Vince: "The Undertaker, ladies and gentlemen!"

Heenan: "Big deal. He can talk the talk....wait, he can't even talk the talk! That's why he has that talking midget corpse with him."

Vince: "I wouldn't talk about midgets if I were you, Bobby Heenan."

Heenan: "Hey"!

Vince: "(The Kamikaze Kid's music starts) but here comes The Kid!"

The Kamikaze Kid (w/ Jim Cornette) vs. Christian Cage

No match really, as Shawn Michaels attacks The Kamikaze Kid on his entrance. The two exchange blows and The Kamikaze Kid takes the advantage. He goes to the top rope, but HBK ducks and The Kamikaze Kid crashes to the concrete. Shawn Michaels continues to pound him with right hands. Jim Cornette tries to help his client, but he gets a right hand as well. Many officials have to restrain Michaels and attend the aching Kid.

Vince: "What a horrible act!"

Heenan: "I think he actually did him a favor. One of those right hands took a zit off The Kid's face!"

Vince: "We're going to try and get Tony Chimel there. Tony, can you hear us?"

Explanation

Tony Chimel is standing next to a heavily breathing Shawn Michaels: "Shawn, why did you do that?!"

Shawn Michaels: "That...should teach him....a lesson. Never mess...(Smiles) with the hart break kid. That's...just....a preview....to the amount of....punishment he's going to...absorb at King of the Ring."

Chimel: "But, Shawn, look at this! You might have put him out of King of the Ring; you might have affected his whole career!"

Michaels: "So?"

Chimel: "So what did he ever do to you? He's just a kid doing his best in wrestling! He just won a match! Is that a reason to punish him?"

Michaels: "Chimel, I'm the Intercontinental champion! I don't....need reasons for my acts. I can do....what I want whenever I want. That's what this title is...all about."

Suddenly, The Kamikaze Kid seems healed and he goes after Michaels. The two exchange rights and the officials and medics try to separate them.

Vince: "What a situation here for the Intercontinental gold."

Heenan: "What will it take to teach The Kid that he is just not ready to compete with Shawn Michaels? He should go home and watch cartoons."

Vince: "Well, Bobby Heenan, it's time for Bob Backlund to end one of your favorite wrestlers' undefeated streak. Let's go to the ring."

King of the Ring qualifier: MT Ninja (w/ Brother Love) vs. Bob Backlund

The two lock up and Backlund gets a headlock. Ninja Irish whips Backlund and lowers his head. Backlund hooks Ninja's arms and hits a double arm suplex. Ninja quickly gets up and runs at Backlund, who kicks him in the gut and hits a double arm suplex. Backlund continues to control the match for a few minutes. He then picks Ninja up and hits a snap suplex. He rolls over and gets a 2 count. Backlund kicks Ninja one more time, hypes the crowd and goes to the top. Love climbs on the apron and Backlund kicks him down. But the waste of time was enough for Ninja to pull his knees up for the splash. Backlund tried to hit Ninja with his own finisher and paid for it. Ninja picks Backlund up and hits a neckbreaker. Love signals for something and Ninja hits a piledriver! Heenan yells 4-0 but the cover only gets 2. Ninja, though, continues his dominance until he hooks Backlund up in a suplex position and Backlund lands on his feet. Backlund then shows his strength by hooking Ninja up in a suplex position and hitting a brainbuster. Cover gets only 2. They both get up and Backlund takes the advantage with a few kicks to the gut. Ninja collapses and Backlund covers for 2. When Anguish returns from commercials, Backlund continues his dominance until Ninja avoids an avalanche. He hits a few right hands, but Backlund responds with forearms and elbows. Backlund gets out of the corner and hits a few kicks. Backlund hits a clothesline and Ninja collapses in the middle of the ring. Backlund locks in the Crossface Chicken Wing! Brother Love gets on the apron and Backlund knocks him down. Ninja goes towards Backlund, who turns around in time and hits a suplex. Backlund goes to the top. Splash connects! 1...2...3! Bob Backlund advances to the King of the Ring quarter-finals on the account of MT Ninja's undefeated streak!

Vince: "So what do you say know about Bob Backlund, Bobby Heenan?"

Heenan: "Shut up, ok? Just shut up!"

Vince: "Well, I guess Bobby Heenan is not in the mood. Let's go for some more action!"

D'Lo Brown vs. The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

The Undertaker controls the match early on with a few uppercuts in the corner. D'Lo tries to reverse it and hits a few chops that don't affect The Undertaker. Taker holds D'Lo's arm, climbs to the top rope and clobbers D'Lo. The Undertaker picks D'Lo up and hits the Tombstone Piledriver. Taker cover gets the 3 count and the win. The Undertaker's music starts and immediately stops to Macho Man Randy Savage's appearance on the Titantron: "Yo, Taker. Right here. You know, the Macho Man saw you earlier on talking some trash about him. Oooh, yeah. But can you back that up? That's what I thought. I'm waiting for you, Taker. Right here, right now!" The Undertaker is going to the back and Paul Bearer after him. The cameras follow them and Macho Man jumps The Undertaker from behind and hits him with right hands. The Undertaker takes the advantage with uppercuts. He starts choking Savage and it takes about 10 officials, who are working hard tonight, to restrain him.

The Undertaker gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "My god, Randy Savage, be careful what you wish for!"

Heenan: "Don't worry. He'll get your revenge. I mean his revenge."

Vince: "Bobby Heenan a little not focused. (Hulk Hogan's music starts) But talk about focused; it doesn't get any more focused than the WWF champion!"

Main Event Comments

Hulk Hogan takes a mic: "You know something, Hulkamaniacs? Last week on Monday Night Anguish we had a little verbal confrontation between The International Force and the best American wrestlers in the WWF. But before that I was an uninvited guest on The Brother Love Show. And Bret Hart (Heat) was talking about being the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. But there is one thing that Bret Hart will never be able to claim he is and that is immortal. Because Bret Hart doesn't drink his milk, say his prayers and take his vitamins. And once The Hulkster is going to get his hands on Bret Hart, he is going to make sure Bret learns the lesson someone should've taught him a long time ago - you don't bad-mouth the greatest country in the world. So, Bret Hart, whatcha gonna do when..." He's interrupted by Bret Hart's music to a big heat. Bret comes out with his wrestling gear, his leather jacket and his black heel sunglasses. He takes a mic as well: "So, Hogan, I'm not the best there is? So how come it took me 10 minutes to win my match at Wrestlemania while it took you over 20? I'm not the best there was? You are? So how come you never beat me? I'm not the best there ever will be? How can you know that when I've got 8 years to spare over your career and I'm already better than you? (Heat) Yeah, you can boo all you want but that's only because you know it's true. You're just a bunch of no-good Yankee trash!" With that, Hogan hits Bret with a right hand and the two exchange blows. International Force members and their feuders come and separate the two as Anguish finishes.

Overall rating: 78

TV rating: 6.78

Edited by kaplanir

Newsflash!

* Two major blows to WWF!

Two members of the International Force, The Mountie and The Dynamite Kid, have both sustained injuries. The Kid's injury is minor and he is expected back in about a month. The Mountie, though, has suffered a ripped bicep and he is not expected back until November. As a result, The Mountie's TV championship was declared vacant and a tournament is held to determine the new champion. The tournament, which already saw Darren Malenko beat Rick Martel and advance to the semi-finals will conclude at King of the Ring, where in addition to the king, a new TV champion will be crowned.

* Jim Powers to OVW again!

Jim Powers, who has just recently returned from Ohio Valley Wrestling development territory, will go back there after his weak performance against the debuting Damage Inc. last week on Monday Night Anguish. Three new jobbers were hired, though, and their names are CW Anderson, Damien Stone and Nicho Salvaje.

Edited by kaplanir