WWF 1993

Monday Night Anguish 4.26.93!

Vince: "King of the Ring keeps getting closer and things just keep getting hotter! Hi everyone, welcome to Monday Night Anguish. I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan. Bobby, tonight we are packed with wonderful tag team action!"

Heenan: "That's right, McMahon. The Headshrinkers, a team we haven't seen here on Monday Night Anguish in a long time, return to main action against the amateur team of PJ Walker and Darren Malenko. This is going to be Walker and Malenko's first and last tag team experiment."

Vince: "Also tonight, Damage Inc. try to continue their good run here in the WWF as they take on Jeff Patriot and Tatanka, a.k.a The Proud Americans."

Heenan: "McMahon, I haven't seen a tag team like that since The Slick Bad Guys."

Vince: "Who lost to The Steiner Brothers. Anyway, tonight one more King of the Ring qualifying match and one more TV title tournament quarter-finals match. Right now let's take you to an incident that happened earlier today."

Delay

The Proud Americans arrive and talk a bit among themselves. Interesting fact: They dress like that in public too! Mask included! Anyway, back to the incident. They arrive and talk as Owen Hart suddenly goes after Jeff Patriot while yelling "I'm going to kill that jerk". Yeah, you read right, jerk. You gotta love that censorship. MT Ninja tries to restrain Owen and Tatanka tries to restrain Jeff Patriot. Finally, Jeff Patriot leaves the scene and Owen is still going crazy.

MT Ninja gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "(Owen Hart's music starts) Well, in any case, Owen Hart is in action tonight!"

TV championship quarter-finals: Owen Hart (w/ Brother Love) vs. Bob Backlund

Owen finally has new tights, which are very similar to Bret's. Backlund takes off his jacket and turns around right into a dropkick. Owen uses his high-flying repertoire for most of the match and it works until Backlund avoids a drop-toe hold and drops a big elbow on Owen. Both men are down. They both get up, Backlund goes for a right hand, Owen avoids it and hits a back suplex. Both men are down again and Owen rolls for the cover, which gets a close 2 count. Owen sends Backlund to the turnbuckle and hits a few chops. He kicks him in the gut and hits another dropkick. Monkey flip takes Savage out of the corner and Owen covers for 2. Owen gives Backlund time to recuperate and then runs at him. Backlund then hits a drop-toe hold right into the second turnbuckle. Both men are down and this time Backlund takes the advantage. He hits a few forearms to Owen's back and then locks in the Crossface Chicken Wing! Owen is down and in the middle of the ring! Brother Love gets on the apron. The referee orders him down and MT Ninja suddenly arrives. He hits Backlund with a steel chair legdrop! Backlund is out! Owen takes his time and locks in The Sharpshooter! The ref sees Backlund is out and calls for the bell. Owen advances to the semi-finals!

Vince: "An International Force plot took Backlund out of the TV championship race!"

Heenan: "That title still belongs to the International Force! Backlund, Malenko an all other wrestlers should back off and let Albano give Owen the title! McMahon? McMahon....McMahon, where are going?"

McMahon Time

Vince McMahon is standing in the ring with a mic: "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome a former tag team champion. Along with his manager, Jerry Lawler, here is The Model Rick Martel!" Rick Martel and Jerry Lawler come out a very good heat. Martel poses a bit in the ring and continues taunting the crowd throughout the entire interview. "Rick Martel and Jerry Lawler, first of all thanks for joining us. Now, last week we saw PJ Walker wrestle one of the best wrestlers in the WWF today, Owen Hart (Heat). He was very close to victory and has definitely made a long way since the first year, but you two still treat him as a lesser wrestler."

Lawler: "What do you mean as a lesser wrestler? He is a lesser wrestler! The guy gets a win and a half and suddenly it's "Oh, Pee Wee Walker, he's such a great wrestler! He should get a title shot!" Title shot? Title shot, McMahon? Do you see what this absurd situation has caused? A guy like Pee Wee Walker all of a sudden should get a title shot, but Rick Martel, who's here for years and years, won tag team gold and barely gets a King of the Ring qualifier!"

McMahon: "Well, Lawler, Martel did get a chance for the TV title, but lost to Darren Malenko (Pop)."

Lawler: "Don't you talk about that cheater Darren Malenko and certainly don't you talk about Mr. Perfect (Pop). Shut up! (Perfect chant starts) He cheap-shotted me and that's why Rick is not in the semi-finals!"

McMahon: "But Lawler..."

Lawler: "It's The King for you, McMahon! You're getting on my nerves. This interview is over. Come on, Rick."

Martel taunts the crowd a bit more and the two leave to a heat.

McMahon: "Well...Jerry Lawler and Rick Martel, everybody! (Heat)"

Jerry Lawler gained overness from this segment.

[Commercial break]

King of the Ring qualifier: The Kamikaze Kid (w/ Jim Cornette) vs. Randy Savage

The two lock up and Savage hits a scoop slam to show his power advantage. Savage runs from the corner, but misses a clothesline. Spinning heel kick finds the mark. Cover almost gets an upset. The Kid signals for the end and goes to the top rope. Splash! Doesn't connect. Savage moves out of the way. Savage runs from the ropes and hits a shoulder tackle. Savage goes to the top rope and hits a double axe handle. Savage doesn't cover and waits for The Kamikaze Kid to get up. Second clothesline connects. Cover gets 2. Savage signals for the end and hits a very hard Death Valley Driver! Savage covers nonchalantly and gets only a 2 count! Savage is in shock. Savage goes to the top and tries his patented Elbow Drop! No! The Kid moves out of the way! The Kid gets up first and Savage gets up to catch a stiff superkick! The Kid covers, but Savage gets his foot on the bottom rope. The Kid Irish whips him to the turnbuckle and goes for a clothesline, but Savage moves out of the way. Savage hits a few right hands, but The Kid reverses the position and Savage is in the turnbuckle again. The Kid hits his kick combo and Savage is groggy. Savage runs towards The Kid and gets hit with a backdrop. Savage gets upset and runs at The Kid, who hits a spinning kick in response. The Kid picks him up and Savage hits a right hand to the gut. Savage sends The Kid to the ropes and hits a drop toe hold right into the second turnbuckle. Ouch. He continues to control the match until The Kid ducks a clothesline. The Kid hits a couple of right hands and Savage hits him with a thumb to the eye. He tries to Irish whip him, but The Kid almost runs into the ref. The ref is distracted for a moment, which Savage uses to hit a low blow. Savage rolls The Kid up with a school boy! 1...2...3! Savage rolls out of the way and Jim Cornette protests, but the result stands. Randy Savage advances to the King of the Ring quarter-finals.

Vince: "Well, I guess The Kamikaze Kid won't make history by winning the King of the Ring tournament and the Intercontinental title on the same night."

Heenan: "He's already made history by being the first wrestler to get a title shot with more zits on his face than wins in his record."

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan. Right now let's go to Tony Chimel backstage with the WWF champion!"

Chimel Time

Tony Chimel: "Thanks, Vince, I'm here with the WWF champion, Hulk Hogan. Hulk, last week on Monday Night Anguish things got a little intense between you and Bret The Hitman Hart."

Hulk Hogan: "Well, you know something, Tony Chimel? Things didn't get a little intense between me and Bret last week, Brother, they got a lot intense. I came out and protested against Bret Hart bad-mouthing the red white and blue and what does he do? He comes out and calls that great crowd Yankee trash. Well, not on The Hulkster's watch, Brother! I've decided it's time to put a stop to all this. All that trash-talking, all those cheap-shots and basically everything that International Force does. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes to stop them and that's why I am willing to put my WWF championship on the line at King of the Ring, Brother, against any International Force member. They could send Bret Hart, they could send Owen Hart. They could send The Dynamite Kid, they could send that Ninja dude, they can even send in Brother Love. I don't care, Brother. But one thing is for sure - The International Force will learn a lesson they will never forget."

Chimel: "But Hulk, don't you think that's kind of risky even for you? I mean, that member has over a month to prepare while you don't know who your opponent will be up until the very last minute!"

Hogan: "Risky is not in The Hulkster's vocabulary, Brother. But I have an edge over the International Force. I drink my milk, say my prayers and take my vitamins. I represent the greatest country in the world and I will come out victorious. And International Force, whatcha gonna do when the 24 inch pythons run wild on you?"

Hype

In quotation marks is the narrator. "The place - Dayton, Ohio." Footage of Shawn Michaels beating Marty Jannetty at The Royal Rumble. "The date - June 13th." Footage of The Kamikaze Kid defeating Red Rooster on Monday Night Anguish. "The prize - the Intercontinental Championship." Double footage of the same matches that were shown before. "Shawn Michaels, The Kamikaze Kid. WWF King of the Ring. Coming to you live on Pay-Per-View June 13th. Check local listings."

[Commercial brake]

Damage Inc. vs. The Proud Americans

Brian Christopher and Jeff Patriot start the match. They lock up and Christopher hits an elbow. He sends Patriot to the ropes and hits a hip toss. He goes for an Irish whip, but it's reversed and Patriot lowers his head. DDT connects! It takes a lot out of Christopher and he tags out to Al Snow. Patriot gets up and gets hit with a high dropkick. Snow picks Patriot up and hits a butterfly suplex. Snow taunts the crowd a bit and sends Patriot to the opposite turnbuckle. He goes for an avalanche, but Patriot kicks him in the face and hits a bulldog. Patriot gets up first and hits a fallaway slam. Both men are down. Hot tag Tatanka! Tatanka hits Snow with a tomahawk chop, and one to Christopher. He slams Snow down and starts his dance, which Christopher stops with a missile dropkick. Snow picks Tatanka up and hits a back suplex. At this point, Vince starts a small block interview with The Steiner Brothers.

Vince: "The WWF tag team champions, The Steiner Brothers, thanks for joining us. You must be as impressed as we are from Damage Inc.."

Scott: "Yeah, Vince, we're impressed. But we've been impressed by many teams before. Beastly Beauty, Money Inc., The Slick Bad Guys. But we beat all of them. Because we are the best. We've seen it all, technical abilities, amateur backgrounds, brawlers, quickness. But the difference is that we have all of it. And not so long ago we were the new kids on the block and many tag teams disrespected us before and that was their mistake because look at us now."

Rick: "You know, Vince, me and my brother Scott have wrestled a lot of teams since we got here and yeah, those guys are impressive but we are the WWF tag team champions, which means we are the best. Better than anyone, including Damage Inc.."

Vince: "And if one of those tag teams ask for a title shot, will you accept?"

Scott: "When we got these belts we knew that with all the prestige there will be duties. And one of those duties is taking on all challengers, including Damage Inc. and The Proud Americans, but that is only to prove we are still the best."

Rick Barks and Vince thanks The Steiner Brothers.

Snow is still in control and he tags in Christopher. Christopher hops on the apron and hits a nice springboard dropkick. He covers, but gets only a 2 count. Brian Christopher runs to the ropes and hits a flying elbow. Another cover gets only a 2 count. Christopher tags in Al Snow and holds on to Tatanka. Snow kicks Tatanka in the gut. He Irish whips him to the turnbuckle and hits a couple of stiff chops. Jaw breaker connects, but it has no effect on Tatanka. Tatanka starts dancing around and Christopher gets in again. Patriot clotheslines him to the outside. The ref tries to break it and Snow uses it to take a foreign object from his tights. He hits Tatanka with it and order is restored outside. Snow hits a move which Vince says he calls the Snow Plow. Snow covers and gets the 3 count. Damage Inc. celebrate while Patriot checks on his partner.

Al Snow gained overness from this match.

Brian Christopher gained overness from this match.

Vince: "What a cheap win!"

Heenan: "Hey, McMahon, a win is a win. And an unconscious Indian is an unconscious Indian."

Vince: "We're going to take one final commercial brake but when we come back it's going to be The Headshrinkers vs. Darren Malenko and PJ Walker!"

The Headshrinkers vs. Darren Malenko and PJ Walker (w/ Mr. Perfect)

PJ Walker starts the match with Samu. Walker tries to hit a right hand, but Samu blocks it and hits a couple of his own. He then hits a headbutt and covers for 2. Samu picks Walker up slowly, but gets kicked in the gut. Walker lashes out punishment and a couple of body shots. He tags in Darren Malenko, who hits a flying elbow shot. Malenko sends Samu to the ropes and locks in a sleeper hold. Fatu gets in and hits Malenko with a kick to the jaw. The Headshrinkers continue to control the match until Fatu is tagged in and Malenko avoids a double clothesline, then hitting one of his own. All three men are down. Fatu doesn't let Walker get the hot tag and hits Malenko with something that resembled a neckbreaker. Cover gets a 2 count. Fatu tags in Samu and the two hit a stump piledriver on Malenko. Samu picks Malenko up, sends him to the ropes and hits a side slam. Samu covers and gets a close 2 count. Samu goes for a suplex, but Malenko slides out the back door and tags in PJ Walker. Walker is fired up and he hits The Headshrinkers with rights, but when he tries to headbutt them together, it doesn't really work. A few minutes later Walker regains the advantage and knees Samu a couple of times in the gut and hits him with body shots in the corner. Samu gets out of the corner and Walker hits a DDT! Samu gets up and kicks him in the jaw.

He bites Walker and the referee counts to 4. Malenko gets in and Samu kicks him in the jaw as well. Walker uses the distraction to hit Samu with a dropkick to the back. He climbs a neutral corner and hits an elbow drop. Cover gets 2 after Fatu breaks it. Fatu and Walker get up, Fatu goes for a clothesline, Walker ducks and hits a super kick out of nowhere! Samu, though, regains strength first and tags in Fatu. Fatu hits Walker with a few headbutts and covers for 2. Fatu Irish whips Walker and places him in the corner. He bites him and Malenko gets in. Samu gets in after him. A brawl starts and in the end of it Malenko throws Fatu to the outside. Samu clotheslines Malenko to the outside and turns around right into a Super Kick! Walker covers! 1...2...3! Malenko and Walker pick up the victory!

Vince: "What a win!"

Heenan: "McMahon, Samu wasn't legal! That win shouldn't count and Walker and Malenko and Perfect should be suspended! And Finkel should be fired!"

Vince: "What does Howard have to do with it?"

Heenan: "Nothing, he just bugs me."

Hype II

"One crown." Footage of Razor Ramon hitting a jobber with The Razor's Edge. "One throne." Footage of PJ Walker hitting a jobber with The Implant DDT. "One king." Footage of The Dynamite Kid hitting a jobber with The Swandive Headbutt. "Eight competitors." Footage of several finishers, including the Tombstone Piledriver, Owen Hart's Sharpshooter, The Savage Elbow, The End of the Trail, The Boston Crab, The MT Splash and Jeff Patriot's Figure Four Leglock. "The WWF King of the Ring, coming to you live on Pay-per-View June 13th! Check local listings."

Vince: "Well, it's been a great show, everybody. Join us next....wait a minute, I'm being told something is going on backstage!"

Ending

Macho Man Randy Savage is brawling with The Undertaker backstage and hits him with a couple of chair shots, after each one The Undertaker has more trouble getting up. Officials try to stop Savage, who pushes them away. He keeps punishing Taker until Vince says we're out of time and see him next week.

Overall rating: 78

TV rating: 6.71

Edited by kaplanir

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newsflash!

* WCW fights back!

Since January, the WWF has been on the up rise. You can't say the same about WCW as there is about 60 percent of public image separating the two. New talent such as The Dynamite Kid, Darren Malenko and Jeff Patriot helped the WWF be the leading federation, but now WCW fights back with a few big names signings of its own. Former WWF superstars Jerry Saggs, Jimmy Snuka signed WCW contracts earlier this week. Japanese superstar, who was also WWF champion for a week back in the 80's, Antonio Inoki, also signed with World Championship Wrestling. Another new signing is an up and comer named Phil LaFon. All four are probably going to be stuck in the midcard ranks and superstars such as Sting, Sid, Big Van Vader, Rick Rude and The Ultimate Warrior will still rule the lesser of the big two.

* And in lesser battles...

Back in the 80's , there wasn't a big two, there was a big three. WWF, NWA (now WCW) and AWA. AWA has gone bankrupt since, and now there is a battle between two cult level promotions. Who will go national first? Or maybe, who will drop to regional first? It's obvious that the winner between the two promotions will be the most likely to complete the big three again. Though a win in this fight doesn't promise greatness, it still promises being the third biggest promotion in America. Jerry Jarrett's USWA is the big favorite here since Jim Cornette, the owner of SMW, left for the WWF. On the other hand, SMW currently has 3 percent more public image than USWA and has bigger names, such as Marty Jannetty, Ronnie Garvin and Stan Lane. One thing is for sure - the real close battles aren't between the global promotions, it's right here at cult.

Monday Night Anguish 5/3/93 Report!

By Newsflash reporter, Tony Atkin.

Vince: "Tag team action, tournaments and of course the WWF superstars in action all tonight in an action-packed show! Hi everyone, welcome to Monday Night Anguish. I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan."

Heenan: "McMahon, I'll let you slide without saying I'm The Brain tonight because I'm too hyped for MT Ninja's biggest victory yet!"

Vince: "MT Ninja in action tonight in the TV championship tournament quarter-finals against the big favorite for the title hunt, The Undertaker! Also tonight, we have Rick Martel taking on Tatanka in a King of the Ring qualifier."

Heenan: "All the Jeff Patriots in the world won't help Tatanka tonight and Jerry Lawler is there to make sure of that."

Vince: "Yeah, right, also tonight we've got The Macho Man in action but right now let's go to Howard Finkel in the ring!"

Money Inc. (w/ Jimmy Hart) vs. Bob Backlund and Jim Duggan

A tag team of Backlund and Duggan was just a matter of time, but it's too bad Backlund is getting that sort of treatment. Anyway, he starts the match off with IRS. They lock up and IRS hits an uppercut. Backlund backs into the corner and IRS hits him with a couple of elbows and chops. IRS runs to the ropes and goes for his Write Off, but Backlund ducks. The two exchange rights and Backlund kicks IRS in the gut. Tiger bomb! Wow! That seemed to have taken a lot out of Backlund as he couldn't capitalize, but Jim Duggan still got the hot tag. IRS runs at him and Duggan hits him with a side slam. DiBiase runs in and Duggan backdrops him to the outside. He turns around and IRS pokes him in the eye. IRS hits him with some basic brawling until DiBiase is back and tagged in. DiBiase tries an Irish whip, but Duggan reverses it and lowers his head. DiBiase hits a swinging neckbreaker and covers for 2. DiBiase barely gets Duggan up and hits a weak suplex. DiBiase picks Duggan up and tags in IRS. IRS hits an uppercut that takes Duggan down and locks in a reverse chin lock. Duggan gets adrenaline from the crowd and eventually fights IRS off. Duggan sends IRS to the ropes and the two butt heads. Bob Backlund gets the hot tag. He hits IRS with right hands, and some to DiBiase. He goes for Jimmy Hart, but the manager hops off the apron and Backlund catches air. He turns around and IRS goes for a double axe handle. Backlund kicks him in the gut and hits a Russian legsweep. Backlund signals for the Crossface Chicken Wing! IRS gets on the apron. Backlund catches him and IRS goes after Backlund, but the All-American moves out of the way and IRS collides with his manager. Backlund gets behind IRS and locks the Chicken Wing! IRS almost immediately after going too the ground submits and The All-American team wins.

Bob Backlund gained overness from this match.

Vince: "Jim Duggan and Bob Backlund - victorious!"

Heenan: "He cheap-shotted Jimmy Hart! Who does he think he is?"

Vince: "He's a former WWF champion, that's who he is!"

Heenan: "Well, he'll be a former living creature once Money Inc. or an International Force member gets hold of him. See how many enemies he has?"

Vince: "Right now let's go to Tony Chimel backstage with Owen Hart!"

Chimel Time

Tony Chimel: "Thank you, Vince, I'm right here with Owen Hart. Owen, last week we saw you beat Bob Backlund and advance to the TV title tournament semi-finals with help from MT..."

Owen: "Stop right there, Chimel! I didn't need any help from MT or Brother Love or anyone else! I did it all by myself and I got to where I am all by myself. Yes, I've had the support of great people like my brother Bret and all the rest of my International Force buddies, but when I go into that ring it's just me and the poor victim who's going to get his legs broken in my Sharpshooter. So Chime, I don't want to hear another word on helping me, because in that's squared-circle, it's all Owen."

Chimel: "Okay, so let's talk about The Proud Americans. You have had some troubles with both Jeff Patriot and Tatanka. Do you fear from interference by them in your upcoming TV title tournament matches?"

Owen: "First of all, I don't fear Americans. Second of all, I know they will interfere because it's in their American nature, but like I said - I have the support of my International Force friends and that's all I need."

Chimel: "But isn't that inter..."

Owen: "You're just asking for a right hand, don't you? This interview is over."

Owen walks away.

Almost Interview

Chimel looks for someone to interview since his scheduled one went kaput. He finally finds The Kamikaze Kid, without Jim Cornette. Oh, good.

Chimel: "Kamikaze Kid, can we have some comments from you on your loss last week to Randy Savage? I mean, you put on a great fight and a low blow was the difference maker."

Kamikaze Kid: "Yeah, well at least I have the intercontinental title to focus on. I know Randy Savage did..."

Suddenly, Shawn Michaels bursts into the frame and once again attacks The Kamikaze Kid. The Kid fights back and officials try to restrain the two.

Vince: "We need someone back there! Folks, we have to take a commercial brake, but stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Hype

"One crown." Footage of Razor Ramon hitting a jobber with The Razor's Edge. "One throne." Footage of PJ Walker hitting a jobber with The Implant DDT. "One king." Footage of The Dynamite Kid hitting a jobber with The Swandive Headbutt. "Eight competitors." Footage of several finishers, including the Tombstone Piledriver, Owen Hart's Sharpshooter, The Savage Elbow, The End of the Trail, The Boston Crab, The MT Splash and Jeff Patriot's Figure Four Leglock. "The WWF King of the Ring, coming to you live on Pay-per-View June 13th! Check local listings."

Vince: "Yes, King of the Ring coming to you live June 13th. But this Sunday on Pay-per-View only in the United Kingdom, WWF presents Rampage. Matches such as Bob Backlund vs. Bret The Hitman Hart, Shawn Michaels vs. Scott Steiner and Brian Christopher vs. Tatanka. Check your local listings for more information."

Heenan: "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not going to be there, are you?"

Vince: "No, you and Gorilla Monsoon will announce the event."

Heenan: "What's that? I didn't hear you. Say it again, this time with less jealousy."

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan. Folks, we have just received word that tonight on The Brother Love Show we're going to see The Kamikaze Kid and Shawn Michaels, and if any of them hits a right hand, he'll be taken out of the Intercontinental championship match at King of the Ring, which means we might see a new Intercontinental champion crowned tonight! Stay tuned for that later on, but right now let's go to some pre-recorded comments from Bret The Hitman Hart."

Pre Recorded

Bret The Hitman Hart is standing in the pre-recorded comments studio. This week's background color: Orange! He has the full heel gear, sunglasses and all: "So Hulk Hogan declares he will take on any International Force member we want at King of the Ring for his WWF title. (Claps sarcastically) Hogan, the American hero, shows he has true sportsmanship again. Way to go, Hogan. But while you are too focused on being an American hero, you became an American idiot. Not that that's not a common thing. But did you realize what you've done? Any one of the 5 of us, or a member that will be announced AT King of the Ring! You don't know who you're facing so you can't even prepare for the match. That's professional suicide! We are all better than American wrestler, including you. And by giving us the element of surprise as well, you lose your last chance of retaining! But I'm not one to tell you what to do. You decided to give us an open challenge; we accept it with open arms. Because once Owen wins the TV championship, we get the tag team titles and the intercontinental gold your WWF title will be what we'd be missing. It's about time the WWF titles had some class and it really doesn't matter if you'll be tapping out to the Sharpshooter, MT Splashed until you no longer have air in your lungs or get knocked out by a Swandive Headbutt. Because even though I am still the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be, you have some serious runner-ups as other possible opponents. Hogan, you have sealed your fate. And it isn't a good one.

Vince: "Some intense comments from Bret Hart."

Heenan: "The excellence of execution. Even Monsoon says so! He'll make a better champion than a guy who loses to Stallone, that's for sure."

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan. Let's go to the ring."

King of the Ring qualifier: Rick Martel (w/ Jerry Lawler) vs. Tatanka

Tatanka takes off his entrance attire and Martel uses it to attack him in the corner.

Martel attacks him with right hands to the back and hits a few chops. Tatanka responds with a few tomahawk chops and a clothesline. Tatanka runs to the ropes and Martel ducks, Tatanka comes back and Martel hops above him. Tatanka comes back for the second time and Martel lowers his head. DDT connects! Tatanka covers and gets a close 2 count. Tatanka picks Martel up and The Model takes him down by his legs. Martel hits a few rights, the ref breaks it and Martel taunts the crowd by showing off his physique. Martel picks Tatanka up and takes him down with a suplex. Martel wastes precious time by taking a breather and then covers for 2. Martel gets upset and drops a few fists to Tatanka's face. Another cover gets another close 2 count. Martel picks Tatanka up and goes for a snap suplex, which is reversed into a delayed one by Tatanka. Martel gets up first and runs at Tatanka, who hits a powerslam. Cover by Tatanka gets a close 2 count. Tatanka hits a clothesline, and another one, and another one. Tatanka covers again but only gets a 2 count. Tatanka goes to the top and Martel gets up. Tomahawk chop connects! Cover! 1...2...no. Martel barely gets his shoulder up. Tatanka picks Martel up and The Model punches him in the gut. Martel hits a few right hands and sends Tatanka to the ropes. Backbreaker connects! Martel picks Tatanka up and rams his head into the top turnbuckle. Tatanka starts his dance. Tatanka dances like there's no tomorrow and Martel can't stop him. A thumb to the eye eventually does the job. The ref warns Martel and Lawler hot shots Tatanka. Martel takes Tatanka down with a back suplex. Martel got Tatanka in the position with a soft back and Boston Crab is locked in! Tatanka tries to fight it, but eventually gives up. Martel is going to King of the Ring.

Vince: "Jerry Lawler takes Rick Martel to the quarter-finals! Folks, we have to take a quick commercial brake but still to come: MT Ninja takes on The Undertaker in the TV title tournament quarter finals! And still to come is The Macho Man Randy Savage in action so stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Rampage Challenge

As Anguish returns from commercials, Jeff Patriot is already standing in the ring, with a mic. The whole segment is about two minutes. He asks MT Ninja and Brother Love out and says that since both of their tag team partners have matches for Rampage, why don't they face each other one on one? Brother Love agrees. A hype segment for Rampage, nothing more.

MT Ninja gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "So we have MT Ninja against Jeff Patriot at Rampage! Just another great addition to the already great line up we have."

Heenan: "And great announcers. Well, except Monsoon."

Vince: "Let's go to the ring."

CW Anderson vs. Randy Savage

Your basic squash. Savage starts the match with a few bodyslams on CW Anderson. Savage drops a few high elbows and sends Anderson to the ropes. Backbreaker connects. Savage picks CW Anderson up and hits a nice looking lifting DDT. Savage takes CW Anderson up and hits him with a few knee lifts in the corner. He then Irish whips him to the opposite corner and takes him down with a drop-toe hold on the rebound. Savage continues to control the match until CW Anderson ducks a clothesline and hits a few right hands. Savage kicks him and sends him to the ropes. Spinebuster connects. Savage covers and that's enough to put Anderson away for the 3 count.

Vince: "Macho Man Randy Savage victorious on Monday Night Anguish."

Heenan: "Macho Man is one of the best wrestlers in the WWF. Along with Flair and Ramon. This business has a future, McMahon."

Vince: "Well, I see we're all set so let's go to The Brother Love Show!"

The Brother Love Show

Brother Love is standing in his segment's set and has a mic: "Welcome to the best show on television since The Brady Bunch - The Brother Love Show! (Heat) Tonight we have a very special show. The rule of this show is no hitting (Heat). If Shawn Michaels punches The Kamikaze Kid, that Intercontinental title of his will be stripped off of him and given to The Kamikaze Kid. If The Kamikaze Kid takes a shot at Shawn, he can kiss his King of the Ring title shot goodbye. So let's bring them out! First I would like to introduce arguably the best WWF intercontinental champion of all time, The Heart Break Kid - Shawn Michaels!"

HBK comes out to a nice heat with his title, sunglasses, gum and arrogant look on his face.

"And let me introduce to you the no. 1 contender (Pop) the man who was humiliated at Wrestlemania 9 by The Dynamite Kid - Zit Boy! I mean, The Kamikaze Kid."

The Kamikaze Kid comes out with Jim Cornette and the show starts.

"First of all, Shawn Michaels, why did you attack The Kid on several occasions over the past few weeks?"

Shawn Michaels: "First of all, Brother Love, it's great to be on your show. Second of all, I think The Kid should be taught a lesson. A lesson which should have sunk in a long time ago. This is not a game. This is wrestling. This is as serious and as ruthless as it gets. This is no place for you. And certainly you don't want to challenge for my Intercontinental title. If you step into that ring at King of the Ring, you will never step into a ring again! Who knows if you'll even step at all? Despite his charming good looks, The Heart Break Kid is one tough wrestler. And that is the message I've been trying to get through to you, Kid. You don't belong here and you sure don't belong in a ring with the greatest wrestler of all time, The Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels."

Shawn has a smile on his face and he chews his gum happily.

Jim Cornette: "You know something, Shawn Michaels? It's very easy to come out here and talk some trash about how The Kid doesn't belong here, but it wasn't The Kid who needed a hand full of tights to beat Marty Jannetty at The Royal Rumble (Pop), it wasn't The Kid that needed a golden belt to beat Owen Hart at Blackout! And it's not The Kid that should be worrying towards the Intercontinental title match at King of the Ring. But I tell you who The Kid is. The Kid is the most promising wrestler in all the WWF. The Kid is a wrestler who's made more progress in the last 4 months than you have in your entire career. The Kid is the guy that's going to take your title at King of the Ring."

With that, Shawn Michaels gets up. The Kamikaze Kid gets up as well and the two face each other as The Kamikaze Kid and Jim Cornette leave the set.

Vince: "Very intense Brother Love Show and I think The Kamikaze Kid really has a chance of making history by becoming the youngest Intercontinental champion in history."

Heenan: "But in order to do that, he has to be an Intercontinental champion and that's not going to happen anytime soon."

Vince: "That depends on what you call soon - tomorrow or say King of the Ring. Right now let's go to our main event!"

TV championship tournament quarter-finals: MT Ninja (w/ Brother Love) vs. The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

MT Ninja tries to hit his chops right at the start at the match, but they have no affect on The Undertaker. He goes out of the corner and hits a few uppercuts. The Undertaker sends Ninja to the ropes and hits a flying clothesline. The Undertaker picks Ninja up, but gets a low blow when the ref is preoccupied with Brother Love. Ninja then runs to the ropes for momentum but The Undertaker takes him down with a big boot. The Undertaker picks Ninja up by his arm and sends him into the turnbuckle. Clothesline finds the mark. The Undertaker hits a few more uppercuts and sends Ninja over the top rope to the outside. At this point, Savage appears on a small block in the corner of the screen.

Vince: "Macho Man Randy Savage, thanks for joining us. First of all congratulations on your win tonight. Second of all, don't you feel a little intimidated by the way The Undertaker is manhandling a wrestler that up until a short time ago was undefeated?"

Macho Man: "Well, McMahon, first of all The Macho Man fears no one, oohh yeah. Second of all, The Undertaker should be the one doing the worrying. Did you see me in action tonight? I was on fia! (Savage accent fire)"

Heenan: "I agree. You were great tonight, Macho Man."

Vince: "But Macho Man, I don't think it's fair to compare CW Anderson to MT Ninja. I'm not taking anything from CW Anderson but MT Ninja has beaten great wrestlers in the short time that he's been here and The Undertaker is manhandling him like he was some guy from the streets with no abilities!"

Savage: "You're saying The Macho Man beat a man with no abilities?"

Vince: "No, I didn't mean..."

Savage: "McMahon, you don't deserve to interview The Macho Man. The Macho Man will do his talking in the ring. Oooh yeah!"

The block disappears.

Heenan: "Now look what you've done."

(92)

Back in the ring, The Undertaker twists Ninja's arm, climbs to the top rope, walks on it and clobbers him in the back of the neck. The Undertaker hits another flying clothesline and gets to one knee in the urn's direction. The Undertaker picks Ninja up and hits a Tombstone Piledriver. The Undertaker covers in his special way and gets the 3 count. The Undertaker advances to the semi-finals. Vince reminds his UK fans to order Rampage and says goodbye.

Well, The Undertaker is starting to regain his monster-like reputation that he had when he first got to the WWF. Too bad he has to compete in the TV title tournament, but I guess they're short of midcarders. We all knew that Michaels-Kid will be a great match in terms of quality, but now it has a special underdog vs. cocky champion dimension to it. Rampage should be watchable and the best news from tonight's show: Tatanka is out of King of the Ring! So for sure we won't see him main eventing Summerslam. Unless he becomes the WWF champion by then. Yikes!

Overall rating: 76

TV rating: 6.71

Edited by kaplanir

UK Rampage Preview!

WWF fans all over the United Kingdom are in for a treat as WWF presents Rampage! Two hours of non-stop hard-hitting WWF action LIVE only on Pay-per-View!

In the main event a clash of former WWF champions! The International Force's only Bret "The Hitman" Hart takes on the All-American Bob Backlund!

In a non-title match, the Intercontinental champion Shawn Michaels takes on one half of the WWF tag team champions, Scott Steiner!

An undefeated up and coming superstar in the WWF is one half of Damage Inc. - Brian Christopher and at Rampage he meets a man who knows what it's like to be undefeated - The Native American Tatanka!

In a rematch from Monday Night Anguish, the wild Headshrinkers take on the team of Darren Malenko and PJ Walker!

Damage Inc. are the only undefeated team in the WWF. The Steiner Brothers are the WWF tag team champions. One half of each team will meet as Al Snow takes on Rick Steiner!

In a battle of heritage and youth, the always dangerous "The Model" Rick Martel goes one on one with the no. 1 contender for the Intercontinental championship, The Kamikaze Kid!

Two up and coming superstars in the WWF face in a special grudge match. MT Ninja wants to win this one for The International Force while Jeff Patriot wants to defend his country's honor

Also, Owen Hart will be in action!

It's UK Rampage and you don't want to miss it! Check local listings for more information.

-------------------------------------------------

You are welcomed to post your predictions.

UK Rampage Report!

By Newsflash report, Tony Atkin.

Gorilla Monsoon: "Welcome everyone to United Kingdom's event of the year! Welcome everyone to a sold out Sheffield Arena! Welcome everyone to the third annual WWF UK Rampage! Hi, everyone, I'm Gorilla Monsoon along side Bobby The Weasel Heenan!"

Bobby Heenan: "Monsoon, I'm gonna..."

Monsoon: "You're gonna what?"

Heenan: "...what great matches we have tonight!"

Monsoon: "You've got that right! In the main event, Bret The Hitman Hart taking on Bob Backlund!"

Heenan: "It's great! The future WWF champion vs. the former WWF champion!"

Monsoon: "I agree with you. Backlund has a great shot at the WWF championship."

Heenan: "No! Not Backlund!"

Monsoon: "Let's go to the ring and the first match of the night!"

Tony Mamaluke vs. Owen Hart

The two lock up and Owen backs up Mamaluke into the corner. Owen goes for a right hand, but Mamaluke moves out of the way. Mamaluke hits a few stiff chops, but Owen quickly regains advantage with right hands. Owen sends Mamaluke to the ropes and hits a spinning heel kick. He could have had them right there, but he doesn't want to finish it. Owen likes the idea of being the strong man in the contest and hits a series of power moves. He then sends Mamaluke to the turnbuckle and hits a tornado DDT. It takes a long time for Mamaluke to get up and Owen then takes him down with a dropkick to the back. Owen finally says that it's over and locks in The Sharpshooter. Mamaluke taps out almost immediately. Owen Hart opens UK Rampage with an impressive victory after 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

Gorilla: "Very impressive victory here tonight for Owen Hart."

Heenan: "One down, two to go for The International Force."

Gorilla: "Well, I don't think Bob Backlund and Jeff Patriot will be manhandled like we've just seen Tony Mamaluke. (Jerry Lawler's music starts) But here comes The Model for our next match!"

Rick Martel (w/ Jerry Lawler) vs. The Kamikaze Kid (w/ Jim Cornette)

The two lock up and Martel hits a few knees to The Kid's stomach. Snap suplex finds the mark. He locks in a headlock and a "Let's go Kid" chant begins. He gets adrenaline and frees himself with a few elbows. He hits a kick and sends Martel to the turnbuckle. Martel goes chest first and collapses. The Kid goes to the top rope, Martel gets up and a spinning heel kick connects. Cover by The Kid gets a very close 2 count. The Kamikaze Kid almost cries at this and Martel gets up. Martel clobbers him with a forearm to the back and goes for a suplex, but The Kid counters it into an inside cradle for a 2 count. They get up and Martel hits a strong clothesline. Martel covers but only gets a 2 count. Martel sends The Kid to the ropes and tries a kick, but The Kamikaze Kid grabs Martel's foot and hits an enziguiri. The Kid gets up and waits for Martel to get up. Cross body connects! 1...2...no! The Kamikaze Kid locks an arm-bar and Shawn Michaels comes to ringside to a big heat from the crowd. Shawn watches the match for a couple of minutes until Martel uses the hair to get out of the arm bar and sends The Kid to the ropes. Spinning heel kick by The Kid! The Kid goes to the top and waits for Martel to get up. Jerry Lawler gets on the apron and The Kid takes him down with a rana! The referee goes to check on Lawler as The Kid goes back in. Michaels gets in the ring and low blows him. Back suplex connects! The Kid is out! Shawn Michaels rolls back outside and goes to the back with a smile on his face. Martel is up and looks pleased. He grabs The Kid's feet and locks The Boston Crab! The Kid is out and the referee calls for the bell. Rick Martel kicks The Kid in the head and celebrates with Lawler.

Rick Martel gained overness from this match.

Gorilla: "What a cheap shot by Shawn Michaels!"

Heenan: "Oh, you're one to talk of cheap shots."

Gorilla: "You're going to get a right hand to the kisser when this night's over if you continue this way."

Heenan: "Okay, calm down (Pauses and says the next word quietly) banana breath..."

Gorilla: "What did you say?!"

Heenan: "Nothing! (MT Ninja's music starts) Look, match! You're the announcer! Call the match! Come on, be a professional, Monsoon!"

MT Ninja (w/ Brother Love) vs. Jeff Patriot

Patriot runs to the ring and begins his attack with chops. He hits Ninja with some right hands and a clothesline. And another clothesline! And another! Patriot picks Ninja up and hits a bodyslam. He picks him up, but Ninja escapes the bodyslam attempt. Ninja hits a couple of right hands, goes to the ropes and hits a flying shoulder tackle. Ninja slows the match down and gets a close 2 count after a full nelson slam. Ninja runs to the ropes and Patriot uses a drop toe hold to take him down. Patriot signals for a high impact maneuver of some sorts and places Ninja in the right position. Piledriver connects! Brother Love gets on the apron and Patriot takes him down with a right hand. He turns around and Ninja runs at him. Spinebuster by Patriot! He covers again, but gets only a 2 count. Patriot sends Ninja to the ropes and lowers his head, only to be hit with a kick to the face and a dropkick. Ninja drops a few headbutts. Patriot gets up; Ninja runs to the ropes and gets a 2 count for a nice crucifix. They get up and Ninja hits a headbutt. Patriot hits a couple of headbutts in return and Ninja collapses. Patriot does a Japanese taunt, which gets the crowd pop and climbs to the top. Splash connects! 1...2...3! Jeff Patriot wins the match after 7 minutes exactly and continues to hit Ninja with right hands. Brother Love gets in and kicks Patriot in the back. Patriot gets up and hits Love. Ninja hits Patriot and the brawl continues until three referees break it off.

Gorilla: "What heat between these two!"

Heenan: "What did you expect? One represents everything that is good in the world and the other one represents America! It's the world's oldest conflict!"

Gorilla: "You're American!"

Heenan: "Not a proud one when I see people like Jeff Patriot!"

Gorilla: "Will you stop?!"

Al Snow vs. Rick Steiner

Rick Steiner starts it with a wrist-lock power struggle challenge. Snow accepts and gets the early advantage. Then Rick takes the advantage and Snow kicks him in the gut. Rick then barks and kicks Snow in the gut. Double arm suplex connects. Rick covers and gets a close 2 count. Steiner goes for an Irish whip but Snow reverses and hits a backdrop. Snow picks Steiner up and hits a snap suplex. Snow rolls on top of Steiner and gets a 2 count. Snow picks Steiner up in a suplex position, holds him up and hits the suplex. He covers again and gets another 2 count. Snow goes to the top and tries the Alabama Jam, but Steiner moves out of the way. I guess there's a reason only Christopher does it. The match goes back and forth a little bit and after about 2 minutes, Steiner hits a tiger bomb and gets probably the closest near fall of the night. Steiner locks in a headlock but Snow almost immediately hits a back suplex. Snow sends Steiner to the turnbuckle and hits a couple of kicks to Steiner's gut. Snow duplexes Steiner out of the corner and covers for a close 2 count. Snow shows his strength by picking up the barking face of a dog...or whatever they call him and hitting a brainbuster suplex. Cover gets another close 2 count. Snow taunts the crowd and Irish whip Rick Steiner to the corner again. He manages to hit one right hand until Rick Steiner hits a few of his. Steiner tries to get out of the corner with a clothesline but Snow ducks and the referee gets it. Snow and Steiner look at each other and start to exchange right hands and Snow kicks him in the groin. Snow goes to the outside and gets a steel chair. He tells the crowd "Now I've got him" and turns around right into a kick to the gut. Steiner takes the chair and hits Snow in the head with it. Steiner's got the cover but the referee is still out! Brian Christopher runs to the ring, but Scott Steiner catches up with him and they brawl. The ref starts to get up and counts! 1..............2............3! Rick Steiner gets the win at 9:31!

Gorilla: "What a win for Rick Steiner?"

Heenan: "Oh, that's nice. What do you say about your All-American now?"

Gorilla: "I say he was in an eat or be eaten situation and he ate. Now let's go to some more action!"

The Headshrinkers vs. Darren Malenko and PJ Walker (w/ Mr. Perfect)

Fatu and Walker start the match. Fatu has the early advantage and hits a couple of headbutts, which knocks Walker down. Fatu hits a couple of headbutts to Walker's shoulder. Fatu covers and gets a 2 count. Fatu sends Walker to the ropes and PJ ducks a clothesline. Walker takes Fatu down by the knee. Fatu gets up angry and runs at Walker. Walker uses Fatu's own momentum against him and sends him to the turnbuckle. Walker continues to dominate the match and after about a minute tags in Malenko. Malenko hits Fatu with elbows and locks a headlock. Fatu sends him to the ropes and the two collide. Malenko goes down and Fatu tags in Samu. Samu hits a couple of headbutts and picks Malenko up. Swinging neckbreaker connects. Samu covers and gets a close 2 count. Samu sends Malenko to the ropes and hits a powerslam. Samu picks Malenko up and tags in Samu. The two hit a double DDT and Fatu covers for a close 2 count. Fatu sends Malenko to the turnbuckle and goes for an avalanche but Malenko moves out of the way and tags in Walker. Walker is on fire. He hits Fatu with a clothesline, then takes Samu to the outside with a dropkick to the leg. Walker turns around...right into a Fatu driver! Fatu covers! 1...2...no! Walker kicked out of the Fatu driver! Suddenly, Rick Martel comes running to the ring and goes on the apron, telling the referee that was a 3 count. Malenko climbs the turnbuckle and hits Fatu with a blockbuster. Mr. Perfect then goes after Martel and the referee turns around to see Walker cover Fatu. 1...2...3! Darren Malenko and PJ Walker get the win after 9 minutes and 24 seconds!

Gorilla: "Two wins in two weeks for PJ Walker and Darren Malenko on The Headshrinkers!"

Heenan: "You mean two flukes! This is the second time The Headshrinkers get screwed! Someone has got to do something about these two! And Perfect too! They should all be in prison!"

Gorilla: "For what?"

Heenan: "Being annoying."

Gorilla: "There's no law against that!"

Heenan: "So that's why McMahon's still doing Anguish!"

Gorilla: "Will you stop??"

Brian Christopher vs. Tatanka

The two lock up and Christopher gets a headlock. Tatanka sends him to the ropes and Christopher ducks a clothesline and hits a flying elbow. Christopher picks Tatanka up and sends him to the turnbuckle. Christopher goes to the top and snaps Tatanka's neck forward. Christopher picks Tatanka up and hits him with a standing dropkick. Christopher covers and gets a 2 count. He picks Tatanka up and hits a back suplex. Christopher gets a close 2 count and continues to dominate the match until Tatanka starts his dance and hits a couple of tomahawk chops. Tatanka sends Christopher to the ropes and hits a powerslam. Cover gets a close 2 count. Tatanka goes to the top and tries a tomahawk chop, but Christopher hits him with a right hand to the gut. Christopher goes to the top and tries an elbow drop, but Tatanka moves out of the way. They get up at about the same second and Christopher hits a couple of right hands. Tatanka responds with a couple of tomahawk chops, but Christopher hits him with a thumb to the eye. Christopher locks a headlock, Tatanka sends him to the ropes and Christopher hits Tatanka with a kick to the gut. Christopher sends Tatanka to the ropes and hits a hip toss. Christopher then goes to the top. Alabama Jam connects! Christopher leaves the leg on Tatanka. 1...2...3! Brian Christopher gets the clean win after 9 minutes exactly! Christopher goes to the top again....and hits another Alabama Jam! He then goes to the back to a big heat.

Gorilla: "Brian Christopher - very impressive here tonight."

Heenan: "Finally, some smart talking from you!"

Gorilla: "Let's go to the ring!"

Shawn Michaels vs. Scott Steiner (Non-title match)

The two lock up and Michaels hits a couple of knee lifts. Michaels goes to the second rope and hits a double axe handle. Steiner doesn't go down and HBK hits him with a couple of elbows. Michaels runs to the ropes and hits a famouser. Cover gets a 2 count. Michaels picks Steiner up only to take him back down with a DDT. Michaels covers again and again gets only a 2 count. Michaels picks Steiner up again and sends him to the corner. Michaels hits a couple of right hands, but Scott reverses the position and hits a couple of right hands of his own and a northern-light suplex plus a bridge for a 2 count. Scott continues to control the match for another minute or so and then hits a huge tiger bomb for a very close 2 count. Scott Steiner picks Shawn Michaels up and sends him to the ropes. Michaels ducks a clothesline, but on the rebound Scott locks in a sleeper. Shawn back into the corner and both men are down. Steiner goes to the other corner, helps himself up and runs at Michaels' direction. Superkick by HBK! Michaels picks Steiner up and goes for his back suplex, but Steiner turns it into a sunset flip for a very close 2. Michaels runs to the ropes, Steiner ducks a clothesline and on the rebound the two hit a double clothesline. Scott gets up first and goes to the top rope, Michaels gets up and Scott hits a flying Steinerline. Scott barely gets the cover, and Michaels barely gets the shoulder up. Scott picks Michaels up and hits a nice looking brainbuster suplex. Scott picks Michaels up again and sends HBK to the ropes. Scott goes for backdrop, but Michaels lands on his feet, knocking over the ref while doing it. Michaels low blows Scott and runs to the ropes. Sunset flip! 1...2...3! Michaels wins it after 13 minutes and 32 seconds! Michaels rolls to the outside, where the referee raises his arm.

Gorilla: "What a cheap shot!"

Heenan: "Do you say anything else or do I push another button?"

Gorilla: "What do you mean?"

Heenan: "There are these little monkey puppets that if you push..."

Gorilla: "You're walking on thin ice. Right now let's go to Tony Chimel backstage with Bret The Hitman Hart!"

Chimel Time

Tony Chimel: "Thank you, Gorilla. Bret The Hitman Hart, we're just moment away from the main event - you facing one of America's greatest wrestling symbols, former WWF champion - Bob Backlund."

Bret The Hitman Hart: "One of America's wrestling symbols, Chimel? How many do you have? Two? I've only heard of Hogan so far and if Backlund's Hogan's level, we don't have a problem."

Chimel: "Should we expect interference from International Force members?"

Hitman: "You know, Chimel, I'm tired of you American interviewers always asking those stupid questions. No, you shouldn't expect any interference from The International Force's members because I don't need them. Owen fought his fight and Ninja fought his fight. It's time for me to fight my fight and when Bob Backlund is in The Sharpshooter, screaming and yelling that he quits, it will be the perfect symbolic image. An American screaming and yelling that he can't compete with the rest of the world. I'm on an important mission tonight. These great British fans know what it's like to be better than America and even though my mission is important, it's not hard. Bob Backlund WILL submit to The Sharpshooter tonight." With that, Bret's music starts and he leaves

Chimel: "Back to the ring!"

Bob Backlund vs. Bret Hart

Bret's idea of the British wasn't accurate and he got the biggest heat of the night. Backlund, in the nature of faces in big main events, got the early advantage. Backlund takes Bret down with an amateur take-down and very quickly locks The Crossface Chicken Wing, but Bret's near the ropes and he gets his foot out. The ref breaks it and Bret takes the advantage with a thumb the eye, a kick to the gut and a snap suplex. Bret dominates the match with suplex variation for about 2 minutes, during which Owen Hart comes out to watch the match, sitting on a folding steel chair. You'd figure the referee will learn from earlier matches...not in the WWF. A vertical suplex by Bret gets him a close 2 count. Bret locks Backlund's arms and hits a double arm suplex. Bret covers again and gets another 2 count. Bret barely gets Backlund up, but somehow manages to hit a stomach crusher. Bret goes for The Sharpshooter! But Backlund goes to the ropes. The ref breaks it and Bret goes for a right hand, but Backlund ducks and hits an atomic drop. Bret gets up quickly and gets taken right back down after a nice clothesline from Backlund. Backlund goes for The Chicken Wing again, but Bret sees it coming and elbows Backlund in the face. Bret picks Backlund up and hits a nice snap suplex. Bret Hart sends Backlund to the turnbuckle and puts him on the top. Bret hits a couple of right hands to the groin area, sort of near low-blows. The ref warns him and Backlund gets down. Owen then unfolds the chair and hits Backlund in the back of the head with it. Hulk Hogan comes walking down the aisle to a huge pop. Hogan points at Owen and the referee tries to stop it. Hogan pushes the referee out of the way. In the meantime, Bret's got The Sharpshooter on Backlund in the middle of the ring. Owen runs at Hogan, who hits him with a big boot. Bret gets out of The Sharpshooter but Hogan hits him with a couple of right hands. Hogan sends Bret to the ropes and hits a big boot. The referee starts to get up. Hogan hits his Legdrop! The referee is calling for the bell! Howard Finkel says that due to Hulk Hogan's interference, Bob Backlund was disqualified. After the match, Backlund and Hogan take The Hart Brothers apart and Hogan's music plays as Gorilla says goodbye.

Overall rating: 73

Buy rate: 1.62

Edited by kaplanir

Newsflash News Report

* Jim Duggan released!

Jim Duggan, one of the oldest members of the WWF roster, has been released from his contract over character disputes. The WWF bookers wanted him to turn heel due to his lack of publicity lately and turn into 'Psycho' Jim Duggan. Duggan wanted to stick with his pro USA character, but due to the amount of wrestlers already with that gimmick, he was released.

*UK Rampage results!

The third annual WWF UK Rampage was held last night at the Sheffield Arena in Sheffield, England. Tonight's Monday Night Anguish will also be held there and it will be the first ever Monday Night Anguish outside of the United States. A Rampage report could be found on this issue of Newsflash, but for you lazy readers, here are the short results:

Owen Hart defeated Tony Mamaluke via submission after 6:40 minutes.

Rick Martel defeated The Kamikaze Kid via submission after 7:04 minutes.

Jeff Patriot pinned MT Ninja after 7 minutes.

Rick Steiner pinned Al Snow after 9:31 minutes.

Darren Malenko and PJ Walker defeated The Headshrinkers after 9:24 minutes when Walker pinned Fatu.

Brian Christopher pinned Tatanka after 9 minutes.

Shawn Michaels pinned Scott Steiner after 13:32 minutes.

Bret Hart defeated Bob Backlund via disqualification after 6:59 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Monday Night Anguish Report 5.10.93!

Vince: "The final slot for King of the Ring will be filled as two of the best there ever was face off tonight! Hi everyone, I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan. Bobby, tonight Owen Hart and The Undertaker wrestle for the no. 8 and final slot for King of the Ring. Here's how the tournament looks":

Razor Ramon

Jeff Patriot

The Dynamite Kid

Bob Backlund

Rick Martel

PJ Walker

Randy Savage

Owen Hart/The Undertaker

Heenan: "Well, obviously Rick Martel is finally going to get revenge against PJ Walker at King of the Ring but we have an interesting situation here. After Owen wins tonight, we've got two of the greatest wrestlers in the WWF facing off. I'm going with Savage on that one."

Vince: "I think you're a little too confident in an Owen Hart tonight. Remember who he's facing. The Undertaker, who hasn't been beaten in singles action since Wrestlemania."

Heenan: "And who did I say will win the match at Wrestlemania?"

Vince: "Razor Ramon, but this..."

Heenan: "No but's McMahon. When I say someone will win, he wins. (Repo Man's music starts) Just like I say Repo will win this one."

TV championship tournament quarter-finals: Repo Man vs. Virgil

During the match, Vince announces a few more things for tonight - two undefeated teams face off in a match between Damage Inc. and Darren Malenko and PJ Walker, an announcement by Harvey Wippleman and Ric Flair action. Speaking of Ric Flair, Vince says next week there will be a match between Flair and The Kamikaze Kid. The match itself wasn't of epic proportions, but was watchable. Repo got the early advantage, taking Virgil to the corner. A few chops find the mark. Repo hits a couple of right hands, Virgil gets out of the corner and Repo powerslams him. Repo covers and gets a 2 count. Repo Man picks Virgil up and slams him again. Another cover gets another 2 count. Repo waits for Virgil in the corner, Virgil gets up and Repo goes for a clothesline, but Virgil ducks and starts his Ali-punches with the one with the dance before it to close it. Repo goes down and Virgil covers for a 2 count. Virgil goes to the top rope, Repo gets up and Virgil hits a bulldog. Virgil covers again and gets a 2 count. Virgil goes to the second rope, Repo Man gets up, Virgil goes for a double axe handle but Repo hits him with a right hand to the gut. Repo picks Virgil up and hits a DDT. Repo picks Virgil up and Irish whips him to the corner. Repo hits a couple of rights, but Virgil fights back with rights of his own. Virgil goes for a suplex, but Repo counters into an inside cradle. 1...2...3! Repo Man gets the surprise clean win and goes on to face Darren Malenko at the semi-finals. Repo sneaks to the back just like he got in

Repo Man gained overness from this match.

Heenan: "Well?! Do you believe me now?"

Vince: "You got that one, but I still believe The Undertaker is going to win tonight. (Jerry Lawler's music starts and he comes out without Rick Martel) Oh, what's this now?"

Make plans, make PJ laugh

Jerry Lawler comes out with a mic: "Shut your yaps! (Heat gets stronger) Pee Wee Walker! I'm here tonight because last night you attacked Rick Martel for no apparent reason! I'm here tonight because Rick sustained many injuries due to your attack! I'm here alone and I want to settle this one on one, man to you! Pee Wee, come on! (Waits 10 seconds) You're a lot of things, Pee Wee, but I didn't think gutless was one of them! (Waits 5 seconds) Come...(PJ Walker's music starts. Instead of his usual run, he walks to the ring. Stands up in front of Lawler and given a mic: "I'm here, Lawler. And I'm ready to take you down (Pop)."

Lawler: "Oh, I don't think so, because you are in for the ride...of your life! (Lawler laughs, but then his smile disappears) I said you are in for the ride...of your life! (Lawler laughs again, but the smile disappears again and he gets nervous) Ride of your life! (Lawler passes Walker and goes to the side of the ring that is close to the wrestlers' entrance.) "Ride of your life, damn it! Come on, Rick, I said ride of your life! (Gets nervous) Well, Pee Wee, I guess I have to kick your butt all by myself then...I've got no..."

Lawler turns around as he talks right into a kick to the gut and an Implant DDT! Walker goes on the top turnbuckle and raises his arms to a big pop.

PJ Walker gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "I guess Lawler's plan didn't quite work there!"

Heenan: "Who does this brat think he is? Attacking Jerry Lawler like that with no physical provocation."

Vince: "What about all the times Lawler and Martel attacked Walker with no physical provocation on his part?"

Heenan: "He doesn't need to physically provoke them...He's just annoying so it's allowed."

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan. Right now let's go to some pre-recorded comments from Paul Bearer and The Undertaker."

Comments From the Crypt

Paul Bearer and The Undertaker are standing in a dark and, let's face it, very spooky basement: "Oh, Randy Savage. You have made a mistake. A great mistake. You have put my Undertaker as a target for you. Many people have done the same thing before. Jake The Snake, Jimmy Snuka, Kamala. And where are all of them today? Buried! Six feet under! Oh, yes! But Randy Savage, you believe you have a different fate ahead of you. You think you are the one who can overcome my Undertaker. Well, you can try. You can come out and challenge my Undertaker, but I warn you, Randy Savage. If you do that, you are taking the chance that your challenge will be accepted! And the gates of the dark side will open for another lost soul, sacrificed by my Undertaker! Oh, yes! Fear will paralyze your feet! Cold sweat will drip down your cheek! Your entire body will shake, knowing its destiny awaits it! Oh, yes! (Calms down) Randy Savage, that destiny is called my Undertaker. And that destiny awaits you. It might not be today, it might not be tomorrow but someday you will face your destiny and that day will mark another soul buried by my Undertaker! Oh, yes!"

The Undertaker: "Creatures of the night, be prepared. Another lost soul, that of Randy Savage, is on its way. Randy Savage, as the rabid dogs standing in the gates of hell feast on your soul, you will understand there is no force greater than that of the dark one. And then, you will rest...in...peace."

[Commercial brake]

Vince: "Welcome back to Monday Night Anguish, everybody. Earlier in the broadcast, Jerry Lawler called out PJ Walker in what seemed to be some sort of set-up involving Lawler's client Rick Martel. Here's what happened: (The footage is shown from Walker saying 'I'm here' to the point where Walker hits the Implant DDT on Lawler. Then there is no volume for the footage except for McMahon saying the cameras of Monday Night Anguish might have found the reason for the plan's failure."

Rick Martel is getting ready in his dressing room, watching Lawler's call out on his monitor. The camera then moves to outside the room, where PJ Walker moves, locks the door and continues on to the ring.

Heenan: "Who does this kid think he is, locking all those doors? That's what janitors and Finkel are for!"

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan."

Call Out

The Kamikaze Kid comes out and takes a microphone: "Shawn Michaels! I'm right here, no Jim Cornette, no Brother Love. Just me! And I'm calling you out so we can finish this thing before King of the Ring! Right here, right now!" The crowd pops and about 30 seconds pass until Shawn Michaels comes out nonchalantly. He points at himself and mouths "me? Ok." Michaels first walks elegantly but then starts running and the brawl begins. The two exchange right hands and The Kamikaze Kid takes the advantage and hits a couple of right hands. He then hits a leg lariat that sends HBK over the top rope to the floor. Michaels starts running to the back, but The Kamikaze Kid is after him. The camera follows them and The Kid hits a few more right hands on Michaels. Michaels pokes him in the eye and continues running. The Kamikaze Kid runs after him and out of nowhere Ric Flair appears and hits a clothesline on The Kid. The Kid is laying on the concrete, hurt and Flair and Michaels hi-five each other.

Vince: "What a cheap shot by Ric Flair!"

Heenan: "It was already certain that Ric will win next week, but after this we're going to see a humiliation! It's going to be great!"

Vince: "I wouldn't be so sure if I were you. (Hulk Hogan's music starts) Listen to this ovation!"

Real American Comments

Hulk Hogan comes out to a huge pop, hi-fiving some fans, entering the ring and doing his poses. He finally takes a mic: "I'll tell ya, it's always nice to see all my Hulkamaniacs here in Sheffield. (Cheap pop) But right now The Hulkster has some serious stuff on his mind. At King of the Ring, The Hulkster will defend his WWF championship vs. an International Force member. I really hope it will be a Hart, because those dudes were once cool! I remember the days that Bret was WWF champion. Everybody liked him backstage and he was one of the coolest dudes back there. Same for Owen. But they changed, brothers. And once someone puts The Hulkster as his target, The Hulkster goes on the offence, especially with the way they're acting lately. Everybody saw last night how Bret Hart (Heat) tried to cheat his way to victory over the great all-American Bob Backlund. Well, The Hulkster isn't going to let this kind of thing happen! It's about time someone teaches that International Force a lesson. And that someone is The Hulkster, brothers (Pop). And that lesson will be taught at King of the Ring, June 13th in Dayton, Ohio. Whether the big leg will be dropped on MT Ninja (Heat), The Dynamite Kid (Heat) or either of The Hart Brothers, someone there will be taught a lesson. And he will pass that lesson to his other International Force members. And that lesson is - you don't mess with the WWF championship, you don't mess with the red, white and blue and you certainly don't mess with The Hulkster (Pop). So International Force, whatcha gonna do when The Hulkster and all his Hulkamaniacs run wild on you?!"

Hulk Hogan gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "Hulk Hogan, ladies and gentlemen!"

Heenan: "Big deal."

Vince: "It is a big deal, Bobby Heenan, he's the WWF champion."

Heenan: (Ric Flair's music starts) "You wanna see a really big deal? Watch this. Here comes the greatest WWF champion of all time and perhaps the greatest wrestler of all time as well."

Damien Stone vs. Ric Flair

Flair of course has the advantage early in the surprisingly long match. Maybe Flair wanted a big return. Stone runs at Flair, who takes him down and holds on with an arm-bar. Stone uses the hair to send Flair to the ropes. Flair comes out of the ropes with a shoulder block. Stone gets up and Flair hits a clothesline. Flair slows the match down a bit and controls the match for a couple of more minutes. Flair then sends Stone with a great Irish whip to the corner. Flair hits a couple of his trade mark chops. Flair sends Stone to the opposite turnbuckle and kicks him in the gut. Flair hooks Stone up and hits a snap suplex. Flair backs into the corner and hits his running knee drop. Flair goes back to the corner and hits it again. Flair kicks Stone around and gives the crowd a "woo". Flair picks Stone up and hits a German suplex. He holds on for a bridge. The cover gets 2. Stone didn't kick out, Flair just released him. The referee yells at him and the camera catches Flair saying to the crowd: "Not yet!" The ref then gets a "woo". Flair picks Stone up and locks an abdominal stretch. Flair doesn't hold on for more than ten seconds and lets go. Flair sends Stone to the turnbuckle and hits him with a couple of more chops. He then pokes him in the eye and elbows him in the face. Flair then lets Stone drop. Flair gives one last "woo" and locks in the Figure Four Leglock. Stone is tapping like crazy and Flair wins his first match as a singles wrestler since February.

Vince: "Ric Flair getting an impressive victory towards his encounter next week against The Kamikaze Kid."

Heenan: "This was the very first step in a journey back to the WWF championship. Flair-Hitman IV should be awesome!"

Vince: "Bobby Heenan, getting ahead of himself as usual. No one knows who The International Force member against Hulk Hogan at King of the Ring will be, and even if it was Bret, he comes as the challenger, an underdog. We're going to take a quick commercial brake but still to come is the King of the Ring qualifier between Owen Hart and The Undertaker! Up next we've got two undefeated tag teams in a match as Damage Inc. take on PJ Walker and Darren Malenko! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Failure II

MT Ninja and Owen Hart are standing in the back. They signal each other and Owen hides. Ninja starts walking down the aisle and runs into The Proud Americans, who are drinking some water. Ninja taps on Tatanka's shoulder. The Native American turns around and Ninja gets him with a right hand. The Proud Americans quickly take the advantage and the camera switches to Owen Hart rushing to the scene. But suddenly his throat is caught by a tattooed arm with a gray glove.

The Undertaker: "Save your strength...for the ring..."

The Undertaker lets go and Owen continues on, only to see Ninja lying motionless with The Proud Americans long gone.

Vince: "Well, I guess that's strike two as far as set-ups are concerned for tonight!"

Heenan: "Three on two! It was three on two, McMahon! How is that fair?"

Vince: "How is MT Ninja starting a fight fair? Right now let's go to Tony Chimel backstage with Harvey Wippleman!"

Chimel Time

Tony Chimel: "Thanks, Vince. I'm here with Dr. Harvey..."

Harvey Wippleman: "(Snatches the microphone) Wippleman. You shut up, you're no better than that monkey announcing in the ring. I only agreed to be interviewed by you because there was no alternatives. But right now, Dr. Harvey Wippleman has done it once again. I've got a sensation that's going to rock the WWF. After Sid Justice, Kamala and Damien Demento, I'm going to take the WWF by storm with the next WWF tag team champions - The Headshrinkers! (Fatu and Samu enter the frame) After being mistreated for the last year in the WWF, they're finally going to get the title shot they deserve. Of course there were some inner issues to take care of, but I took care of them! And after the cheating by Darren Malenko and PJ Walker, they will finally go up a level. That's why next week, right here on Monday Night Anguish, The Headshrinkers will finally get the title shot they deserve against The Steiner Brothers!"

Chimel: "How can The Headshrinkers be number one contenders? I mean, look at the successful teams in the WWF - Damage Inc., Walker and Malenko..."

Wippleman: "Those teams and The Steiner Brothers belong to one level. A level much lower than that of Fatu and Samu, who are going to be WWF tag team champions come next week."

Chimel: "Back to you."

Vince: "The Headshrinkers are a dangerous tag team, no doubt. And with the devious tactics of Harvey Wippleman, I think The Steiner Brothers are in for a huge challenge."

Heenan: "It's about time a decent tag team took the belts. If it couldn't be The Slick Bad Guys, let it be Harvey. He deserves it."

Vince: "Let's go to the ring!"

Damage Inc. vs. Malenko and Walker (w/ Mr. Perfect)

Al Snow and Darren Malenko start the match. They lock up, Snow kicks Malenko and gets a snap suplex. Christopher claps him. Snow tags in Christopher and hooks Malenko in a double arm suplex position. He lifts Malenko and with the help of Christopher, drops Malenko face first on the mat. Damage Inc. control the match some more and Christopher gets a very close 2 count after a swinging neckbreaker. Christopher hops to the outside and hits a springboard dropkick! Malenko looks out, but Christopher chooses to tag in Snow instead of cover. Christopher scoops up Malenko, but Malenko slides through the back door and shoves Christopher into Snow. All three men are down and PJ Walker gets the hot tag. Walker is on fire. Right hands and elbows are flying all over the place. Walker sets Snow up and hits a piledriver! Walker covers, but gets only a 2 count as Christopher breaks the count. Walker tags in Malenko, who drops a few elbows on Snow. Malenko hits a knee drop and covers for a 2 count. The two get up and Snow pokes Malenko in the eye. He sends him to the ropes and Walker gets the blind tag. Malenko hits a spinning heel kick and Walker goes to the top. Christopher runs over and pushes him off. Christopher then gets the tag from Snow. Christopher drops a few elbows and covers for a 2 count. Christopher runs to the ropes and tries a flying forearm. Walker ducks and it's anybody's game again. The two get up after the referee reaches 8. They exchange blows and Christopher pokes Walker in the eye. Malenko gets in and catches him with a Perfect Plex! Snow catches him from behind with a low blow, behind the referee's back. Snow hits a Snow Plow! Malenko is out! Snow turns around...Implant DDT! Walker signals he's going to do the same to Christopher but Rick Martel comes out. Mr. Perfect chases him to the back, but Walker is distracted and Christopher is already on the top rope. Missile Dropkick connects! Cover! 1...2...3! Damage Inc. get the win and remain undefeated.

Vince: "With much help from Rick Martel, Damage Inc. remain undefeated."

Heenan: "It's that stupid Pee Wee Walker's fault. He shouldn't get distracted by stuff like that."

Vince: "We're going to take a quick commercial brake but when we come back Owen Hart and The Undertaker face off in a King of the Ring qualifier!"

Hype

[Commercial brake]

King of the Ring qualifier: Owen Hart vs. The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

Owen tries to attack early on but The Undertaker grabs him by the throat. Vince says they hope to get the conclusion of this match, which means it will be a short affair. The Undertaker runs to the ropes and hits a flying clothesline. The Undertaker goes to one knee and gets up, looking at Paul Bearer. Owen Hart dropkicks his back and The Undertaker goes to the outside, landing on his feet. Owen picks him up and The Undertaker uses the top rope to bounce Owen's neck. The Undertaker gets back in and Owen rakes his face. Owen runs to the ropes and hits a flying elbow. Owen goes to the top and tries a splash, but The Undertaker sits up. The Undertaker hits a few uppercuts and sends Owen to the ropes. Owen tries a spinning heel kick, but The Undertaker ducks and the referee gets it. The Undertaker checks on the ref and turns around right into another spinning heel kick by Owen, this time finding the mark. Owen goes to the outside and gets a steel chair. He tries to hit Taker with it, but The Dead Man hits a big boot, which sends the chair right into Owen's face. Owen is out and another referee emerges. The Undertaker covers. 1...2...3. The Undertaker wins the match and because of the time limitations Vince doesn't even has the time to properly say goodbye. That bastard.

Overall rating: 73

TV rating: 6.93

Newsflash!

Last week's report of Monday Night Anguish was not full as the final paragraph, with Tony's opinion, was cut off, so for your sake, and mainly Tony's, here it is:

The Undertaker is still being built as an unstoppable monster, but next week they'll face a problem as if he wins, he goes into the TV championship scene, hardly a monsterish title. On the other hand, if he loses to a man he beat only a week ago, his momentum is stopped. Malenko and Walker will not get their tag team push, which puts Malenko even more in the TV championship picture. He, Owen Hart, The Undertaker are still the top contenders in my opinion.

Sorry, Repo.

Ric Flair's return was a successful one and the question around next week's main event is whether the WWF will go with the old and secure Ric Flair or with the youthful and risky The Kamikaze Kid. The Headhsrinkers-Steiners match is the first in many long weeks that doesn't have a favorite and an underdog. On one hand, you've got The Steiner Brothers, a better and more over team, but on the other, you've got The Headshrinkers, who were teamed with a new manager and built as a real title threat for the first ever title change in Anguish history (Not counting the TV championship battle royal in January). Anyway, here is the given card for next week:

TV championship tournament semi-finals: Owen Hart vs. The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

WWF tag team championship match: The Headshrinkers (w/ Harvey Wippleman) vs. The Steiner Brothers ©

Main event: Ric Flair vs. The Kamikaze Kid

Monday Night Anguish Report 5.17.93!

Vince: "A night of titles on the line, past vs. future and revenge attempts are upon us! Welcome everyone to a very special edition of Monday Night Anguish, here on USA Network. I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan. And tonight is certainly a very special night."

Heenan: "Vince, there's a special atmosphere in the air. A title change is written all over that ring!"

Vince: "You are of course talking about the Headshrinkers-Steiners match for the tag team straps later on. But another great match tonight is our main event - Former WWF champion - Ric Flair - taking on the no. 1 contender for the Intercontinental championship - The Kamikaze Kid."

Heenan : "Slick Ric returned last week. That's my slogan for tonight, and boy, in what fashion. A very convincing victory over that Stone guy and tonight he's going to take that kid apart zit by zit."

Vince: "Also tonight, a rematch from last week, but under different circumstances - Owen Hart vs. The Undertaker, the winner going on to face the winner of the Repo Man-Darren Malenko match at King of the Ring for the vacant TV championship."

Heenan: "Owen will get revenge tonight and Owen vs. Repo should be a great finals."

Vince: "If there's one thing that Darren Malenko taught us in the few weeks that he's been here is that you shouldn't count him out. Right now let's go to The Brother Love Show!"

The Brother Love Show

Brother Love is standing in The Brother Love Show set. He has a mic: "Welcome everyone to The Brother Love Show! (Boo by the crowd) Tonight I have three guests. Two of them will be in the quarter-finals of the King of the Ring tournament coming to you live on Pay-per-View June 13th. The other will be standing in the corner at the same event. First of all, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Jerry The King Lawler and Rick The Model Martel!" (The two come walking down the aisle to Lawler's music and loud boos. They sit in two chairs and Brother Love continues.) "And now, here is Rick Martel's opponent for King of the Ring (The face heat for Walker begins.), a man who's best one word description would be overrated. A man who will be taught an important lesson at King of the Ring - Pee Wee Walker! (PJ Walker's music starts and he comes walking down the aisle with an angry face. He sits in his own chair and Love continues.) "Rick, Pee Wee, at King of the Ring you two will be two of the eight men competing for a WWF championship match at Summerslam. Besides yourselves, who would you pick as your favorite? Rick?"

Rick Martel: "Well, of course my first favorite is me. Then comes myself. Then The Model Rick Martel."

Jerry Lawler: "And let me add that the finals won't be the match that will be remembered. Because Pee Wee Walker, when Rick meets you at the quarter-finals, he will make your poor life a living hell. Every WWF superstar you've competed with so far has treated you with carefulness and compassion. Well, you won't find any compassion in this lean mean wrestling machine. The Model Rick Martel is on his way to the top! Ever since Rick first started wrestling in the WWF, 13 years ago, he's been waiting for his chance, and now, with me by his side, he's going to take it! Pee Wee, The Model deserves his shot. Ever since he first started wrestling, when you were probably still wetting your diaper, this shot was waiting for him. And now, with you probably still wetting your diaper, he's going to take it. You will be taught a lesson, and an important one: Don't mess with the big boys."

(Big boo from the crowd)

Walker now says his things to a quite quiet audience, instead of the occasional pop.

PJ Walker: "Wow, Lawler. Those are some strong words coming from the manager whose client I beat back in March. (First pop) Those are also some strong words coming from the man who I DDT'd only a week ago. Those are some strong words coming from the man who will see me beat his client, win the semi-finals and crowned King of the Ring. The man who will see me go on to Summerslam, beat the champion and become WWF champion! (Get only a mild pop, due to the mentioning of the idea that Hogan won't be champion after Summerslam.) You see, ever since I first go into the WWF, people have been telling me I can't make it. But look at me now. People said I can't wrestle on TV, and I wrestled on the first ever edition of Monday Night Anguish. People said I can't wrestle with people like Damien Demento, but I beat him at the biggest show of the year! (Pop). People said I can't beat people like Rick Martel, a man I pinned in the middle of this ring two months ago. (Yet another pop) And he is also a man who I'll pin in the middle of this ring come King of the Ring. Lawler, you can talk about how Rick Martel has been waiting for his chance for 13 years, but have you ever stopped and thought why he didn't get this chance? Because he's not good enough. Martel, your time here is done. It's time to greet the new (Points at himself) and get rid of the old garbage."

With that, Rick Martel gets up from his seat and Lawler restrains him. Walker's music starts again and PJ leaves the ring.

Lawler: "This isn't over, Walker! Come King of the Ring, you will see how it is to get beaten up by the next WWF champion! You will see, Walker! You will see, damn it!"

Lawler throws the mic as he and Martel seem super-pissed.

PJ Walker gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "I guess PJ Walker won this little psychological battle here, as a preview to King of the Ring."

Heenan: "The King and The Model got annoyed from an annoying man. (Tone turns sarcastic) Yeah, great achievement. Pee Wee for president."

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan. Right now we are joined by Macho Man Randy Savage."

Heenan: "The Macho Man himself? Oh, boy, let me talk to him."

Macho Interview

Heenan: "Macho Man? Mach? Can you hear me?"

Macho Man Randy Savage: "Yes, Bobby. Bobby Heenan, a.k.a The Brain, oooh yeah."

Heenan: "I see you're in a good mood, Mach, and why wouldn't you be? You're one of the greatest wrestlers of all time!"

Savage: "You got that right. I am one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, a true legend! Not to be compared with that incompetent Undertaker. He thinks he's scaring someone? He thinks that rest in peace does something to me? Well, let The Macho Man tell you something, it doesn't. The Macho Man has greater things to worry about. The Macho Man has heard that the King of the Ring crown is not big enough for the head that holds The Macho Man's full of wisdom head. But I'm a fair man, I'm willing to sue for less than I thought of. But the main thing is that The Undertaker isn't on my mind. He doesn't scare me, he doesn't bother me and he certainly is not worthy of my precious thinking time, ooh yeah."

Heenan: "One more thing to say to all your Macho Maniacs at home?"

Savage: "Just keeping idolizing The Macho Man. He's worth it, ooh yeah. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some business to attend to."

Heenan: "Of course, you're a busy man."

Vince: "What business does he have to attend to?"

Heenan: "Well, speaking of business, it's none of yours."

TV championship tournament semi-finals: Owen Hart vs. The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

The Undertaker takes his hat off in the corner and Owen uses this to dropkick Taker's back. Owen hits UT with a couple of forearms to the back. Owen turns Taker around and hits a quick DDT. Owen starts celebrating, but The Undertaker sits up. Owen pokes Taker's eyes and uses a lot of strength, which he has much more since he started working more on his muscles earlier this year. I think that's what Owen missed last year for a big push. Anyway, Owen celebrates again and The Undertaker sits up again. Owen runs to the ropes and gets hit with a big boot. The Undertaker picks up Owen, who again goes to the face. Owen runs to the ropes and tries to tackle Taker, only to go crashing down himself. The Undertaker picks Owen up and Irish whips him to the corner. He chokes him to a 4.5 count a couple of times and sends Owen to the ropes. Taker goes for the flying clothesline, but Owen ducks and Taker crashes. Owen grabs Taker's hair, goes to the corner and hits a running bulldog. Cover gets 2. Owen picks Taker up and Irish whips him to the corner. Owen climbs to the top rope and snaps Taker's neck, a move which gets an "oooh" pop from the crowd. Owen covers again and again only gets 2. Owen hits a headlock and with one hand Taker sends Hart to the ropes. The Undertaker uses Owen's momentum against him and hits a massive bodyslam. Taker sends Owen to the ropes and hits a big boot. Sends him to the ropes again and hits another one. At this point, Macho Man Randy Savage comes walking down the aisle, and Taker doesn't see him. Taker signals for The Tombstone Piledriver and Savage pulls Owen to the outside. He checks that everything is okay and The Undertaker goes to the outside. He hits Savage with a couple of uppercuts and all of Paul Bearer's attempts to restrain his Undertaker don't work. The Undertaker and Savage continue to brawl as Owen rolls back in and the ref continues his count. The referee finally reaches a 10 count. Winner as a result of a count out and first TV championship tournament finalist: Owen Hart. He celebrates in the ring and takes a mic, just as Anguish goes to commercials.

[Commercial brake]

Vince: "Welcome back to Monday Night Anguish, everybody. Before the brake, Owen Hart qualified to the finals of the TV championship tournament. Here is his victory speech, a victory speech that I think should have been given by Randy Savage.

Heenan: "No one cares what you think!"

Vince: "Bobby Heenan is a little upset because after the speech, Captain Lou Albano made a very interesting statement. Watch."

Victory Speech

Owen Hart is standing in the ring, breathing heavily and with a mic: "Well...I did it...To all you...who doubted...me and...my abilities...I showed you! Ha-ha (takes a moment to restore his breath, which doesn't help.) I am now...the number...one...contender...for the TV title. Repo is number two...and that No-Good-International...Force-Member-Darren...Malenko (Pop) Shut up! (Some boos) is at a very...not close...number three. Now...after I win...the title...at King of the Ring...We'll beat that Hulk Hogan (Pop)...I thought I told you to shut up! (The crowd boos again, which finally gives Owen some time to restore his breath and start talking like a normal person and not like Darth Vader.) We'll have the WWF championship and the TV championship. Then, we will go on to conquer the tag team division and the Intercontinental championship, and The International Force will finally rule the WWF! (Boo) And after we show all you American wrestlers how true wrestlers wrestle, we'll go on to the presidential position. Captain Lou, you'll be next! (Captain Lou Albano's music starts to a pop. He comes out and takes the mic: "First of all, you little brat (Pop), you don't tell me I'm next. If anything, I can tell you you're next (Pop). Second of all, I wouldn't get all happy about your (Motions quotation marks with his hands) 'victory' because I have a match for you next week (Pop) It's going to be Owen Hart and MT Ninja (Boo to the sound of that Jap's name) against The Proud Americans (Pop)."

Albano leaves the ring and Owen seems shocked.

Hype

In quotation marks is the narrator. "The place - Dayton, Ohio." Footage of Shawn Michaels beating Marty Jannetty at The Royal Rumble. "The date - June 13th." Footage of The Kamikaze Kid defeating Red Rooster on Monday Night Anguish. "The prize - the Intercontinental Championship." Double footage of the same matches that were shown before. "Shawn Michaels, The Kamikaze Kid. WWF King of the Ring. Coming to you live on Pay-Per-View June 13th. Check local listings."

match.

Vince: "Shawn Michaels vs. The Kamikaze Kid for the Intercontinental gold, Owen Hart against either Repo Man or Darren Malenko, who will meet in the semi-finals next week, for the vacant TV championship, an International Force member facing Hulk Hogan for the WWF championship and of course the 8-man tournament. Who will be King of the Ring? Who will face the WWF champion at Summerslam? All that and much, much more June 13th at King of the Ring, only on Pay-per-View."

Heenan: "What a night it is going to be. I can't wait!"

Vince: "Right now let's go to some pre-recorded comments from Bret 'The Hitman' Hart."

Comments

Bret 'The Heel-Man' Hart is standing in the pre-recorded comments studio. This week's background: Yellow. Yellow and Pink? That's bold for a heel. Anyway, here is what The Hitman had to say: "Hulk Hogan. The American Hero. (In sarcastic tone) Hulkamania is running wild! So Hulk, you say I was once (Imitates Hogan's voice for the next word) cool? And what is your definition of cool? Watching you wrestle Ric Flair for the WWF championship when I was supposed to be the champion in the first place? Doing whatever these American fans tell you to do, with no thinking of your own? Being a puppet in the show that's called American Wrestling? No, Hogan, I will not go down there. You act all "America's greatest Hero" and such, but the truth is you are a puppet. A puppet on these fans' string. You do what they ask, you let them see what they want to see and as long as you have the title, they will still like you. But that will change at King of the Ring, Hogan. When we send you our representative, and it really doesn't matter who it'll be, because we're all better than you, you WILL lose your title. And you WILL know what it's like to be number two. And later on, better and more talented wrestlers will come. And you will be number 3, then 4, then 5 and so on. Until you reach the point where the fans don't care about you anymore. They don't want to see you, they don't want to hear you. They don't want YOU. And that's when you realize your mistake, a mistake that I have made and regret to this day. But I have something to fall back in. I'm the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. You don't even have that. So, Hogan, come King of the Ring, you can kiss your career goodbye."

[Commercial brake]

The Headshrinkers (w/ Harvey Wippleman) vs. The Steiner Brothers © (For The WWF Tag Team Titles)

We join this match as Fatu is in control against Rick. Fatu picks Rick up and bodyslams him and Vince says he used a lot of that slam during the brake. Fatu covers and gets a close 2 count. Fatu waits near the ropes, Rick gets up and Fatu goes for a clothesline. Rick ducks and hits Fatu with right hands to the gut. Rick hits a couple of forearms and sends Fatu to the ropes. Rick lowers his head and Fatu goes for a suplex, but Rick blocks it and hits one of his own. Both men are down. The two continue to exchange momentum with the occasional shout by Wippleman for a couple of minutes until they collide and are both out again. Rick gets to his corner first and Scott gets the hot tag. Scott hits Fatu with a Steinerline, and one to an entering Samu. Scott then hooks Fatu and nails him with the butterfly suplex. Samu enters again and so does Rick. The Steiners hit a double Steiner line to take Samu out. Rick goes to the outside and drops a double axe handle. In the ring, Scott turns around into a high kick from Fatu. Fatu controls the match for a bit more and then tags in Samu. They do that triple headbutt to the mat thingy. Samu picks Scott up and slams him. He covers and gets a 2 count. Samu tags Fatu back in and they hit a double clothesline. Fatu covers and gets a 2 count. Fatu shouts something to the crowd, which drags boos. Fatu turns around and goes for a kick, but Scott blocks it and hits a dragon screw. Both men are down and Rick gets the hot tag. Rick hits a couple of Steinerlines to both Headshrinkers and then hits a Russian legsweep on Fatu. Samu gets in and The Steiner Brothers catch him wit h a double clothesline. And one to Fatu. Another one to Samu, which takes him to the outside. Fatu turns around and Scott kicks him in the gut. Scott places him on his shoulders and Rick goes to the top rope. Steiner Bulldog connects! Rick covers and Scott hits Samu with a Steinerline from the apron. 1...2...3! The Steiner Brothers retain their titles! They celebrate in the ring with their titles.

Vince: "What a win for The Steiner Brothers! They seem unstoppable!"

Heenan: "No! No! No! No!"

Vince: "I can't remember the last time The Steiner Brothers lost! (*If speaking of regular tag team matches, that would be February 15th, to Money Inc.. If speaking of any tag team matches, it's much later, TA*) (Tatanka's music starts) Listen to this ovation!"

Heenan: "This evening has just turned from bad to worse."

Indian Challenge

Tatanka takes a mic and gives an Indian chant, or whatever you call that squeaky voice thing he does. He then starts talking: "I am here on behalf of my people. On behalf of all Native Americans. On behalf of All Americans! (Pop) And that is why next week, Jeff Patriot and I are going to show the world what we're made of and beat MT Ninja and Owen Hart! (Pop) But tonight, I want to give you a little preview, and that is why I am calling out MT Ninja for a match right here right now!" (Pop and Tatanka starts waiting)

Vince: "Will MT Ninja take this challenge? Find out when we return!"

[Commercial brake]

MT Ninja (w/ Brother Love) vs. Tatanka

We join the match as MT Ninja sends Tatanka to the ropes and gets a sleeper. In the meantime, Vince shows us footage from UK Rampage, as hype to next week's main event:

They get up and Ninja hits a headbutt. Patriot hits a couple of headbutts in return and Ninja collapses. Patriot does a Japanese taunt, which gets the crowd pop and climbs to the top. Splash connects! 1...2...3! Jeff Patriot wins the match after 7 minutes exactly and continues to hit Ninja with right hands. Brother Love gets in and kicks Patriot in the back. Patriot gets up and hits Love. Ninja hits Patriot and the brawl continues until three referees break it off.

Back to the match.

Tatanka's arm is raised three times, with only the third time not dropping. He gets up and elbows Ninja in the gut a couple of times. Ninja pokes him in the eye and Irish whips him to the turnbuckle. A couple of chops find the mark. Ninja picks Tatanka up and takes him down with the Death Valley Driver. Jeff Patriot comes walking down the aisle. Ninja is distracted and wastes some time. Patriot just stands in Tatanka's corner and Ninja goes to the top rope. He points at Patriot and yells something in Japanese. He goes for the MT Splash, but Tatanka moves out of the way and the crowd pops. They both get up and Ninja hits a right hand, but Tatanka responds with one of his own. Ninja tries to hit another one, but Tatanka blocks it and hits a couple of tomahawk chops. Tatanka runs to the ropes and hits a clothesline. Ninja gets up and gets hit with another clothesline. Tatanka goes for an Irish whip, but it's reversed and Ninja lowers his head. DDT by Tatanka! Tatanka covers! 1...2...no! Tatanka gets up and Ninja hits him with a right hand, which isn't sold. Tatanka starts dancing. Ninja tries to hit him a couple of times, but Tatanka isn't affected. Tatanka hits a couple of tomahawk chops and Brother Love gets on the apron. Tatanka starts walking in his direction, but with the referee distracted by Love, Ninja hits a low blow. Ninja goes to the top rope and signals for the MT Splash, with the referee still distracted by Love, probably longer than the manager wanted. Patriot quickly gets into the ring and hits Nina with a couple of right hands and a Superplex! Patriot then goes after Love and chases him to the back. Tatanka crawls in Ninja's direction and covers. 1...2...3! Tatanka wins the match.

Vince: "Tatanka pins MT Ninja! Is this what we're going to see next week?"

Heenan: "No! MT Ninja and Owen Hart are going to show The Proud Americans how real wrestlers wrestle, not that American crap that they show."

Vince: "You're an American!"

Heenan: "But not a proud one! (Ric Flair's music starts) You know what, I AM a Proud American, but only because this man right there is American."

The Kamikaze Kid vs. Ric Flair

The Kamikaze Kid comes running to the ring and hits Flair with some chops and high kicks. Flair tries to hit a right hand, but The Kid blocks it and takes him to the corner. He locks Flair's head and hits a bulldog. Kamikaze Kid picks Flair up. Bad decision by The Kid as he tries a tiger bomb, which doesn't come out all that well. The Kid covers, and gets only a 2 count. The Kid picks Flair up and hits a back suplex. That one actually came out decent, but the size difference between the two definitely takes a lot out of this match. Cover gets a 2 count. The Kid picks Flair up, but gets poked in the eye and woo'ed. Flair slows the match down with a couple of kicks and a back suplex of his own. Now, that's how you hit a back suplex. Flair covers and gets a 2 count. Flair picks The Kid up and goes for another back suplex, but The Kid turns it into a sunset flip for 2. They get up and Flair immediately gets a headlock, but The Kid sends him to the ropes and gets a rana. He holds on and gets a 2 count. The Kid Irish whips Flair to the corner and hits a couple of kicks. The Kid Irish whips Flair to the opposite corner and Flair does his bump and goes on the apron. The Kid then hits a clothesline to complete the spot. Shawn Michaels comes walking down the aisle and looks at his reflection in the Intercontinental title. He talks to the camera and says: "Your Intercontinental champion. You gotta love him." Is that a new catchphrase or something because he said that on Superstars also. The camera then backs away and we find out why when The Kid hits a moonsault from the top rope on the Intercontinental champion. The Kid hops on the apron and Flair tries to grab him. The Kid headbutts him in the gut and hops back in. Flair turns around and gets a thumb to the eye. He sends The Kid to the ropes, but misses a chop. The Kid hits a spinning heel kick on the rebound! Vince says he calls that the Kamikaze Kick! Cover! 1...2...3! The Kamikaze Kid upsets Ric Flair! The Kid then runs away through the crowd as Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair are standing in the ring and look angry. Vince then says goodbye.

Overall rating: 79

TV rating: 7.29

Hopefully this time the sum-up will be with the report. Damn job. Anyway, I don't know about you, but for me the Martel-Walker situation got a lot hotter after The Brother Love Show. It's seems like the past-future thing will be the main theme of KotR. Walker-Martel, Kid-Shawn, and the whole tournament concept, to determine a new contender. In fact, 5 of the 8 competitors were never in the WWF championship picture. I think they kind of got the ideal ending for the Owen-Undertaker match. They managed to keep Taker as an unstoppable monster, but also didn't stick him in the TV championship position. Next week's main event shouldn't be a 5 star match, but it will be the first major match in the International Force-American wrestlers storyline. You can even call it a mini-feud ending. I think Bret's speech finally made his transition from face to heel with the heel psychology stuff. The Headshrinkers are officially buried. I don't see how they can come back to the tag team position if after such a hype and a new manager they still can't be champions. Tatanka vs. Ninja was surprisingly good with Ninja carrying the whole match and the main event kind of disappointed, but hey, you can't have them all, right?

Newsflash! News Report!

*Wrestlemania X - already in mind!

A reliable source within the WWF has told Newsflash that there are already several plans for next year's big event - the 10th annual Wrestlemania. A few names that were already brought up were those of Bob Backlund, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair as well as a special 10th anniversary match.

* Monday Night Anguish preview released!

The WWF has released its second weekly Monday Night Anguish preview. Among other things, it mentions the main event which was booked by Captain Lou Albano last week - MT Ninja and Owen Hart vs. The Proud Americans. Also mentioned were Damage Inc. vs. Bob Backlund and The Kamikaze Kid; The WWF tag team champions, The Steiner Brothers in action; Rick Martel in action and the contract signing between Shawn Michaels and The Kamikaze Kid for the Intercontinental championship at King of the Ring. Expect a report from Tony Atkin.

Monday Night Anguish Report 5.24.93!

Vince: "A long time rivalry ends tonight! Hi everyone, welcome to Monday Night Anguish. I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan and tonight Anguish has one of the greatest main events of its short history - MT Ninja and Owen Hart finally face Jeff Patriot and Tatanka."

Heenan: "McMahon, tonight The International Force wins their first big match. Tonight they start establishing their presence in the WWF. It's going to continue at King of the Ring when The Dynamite Kid wins King of the Ring, Owen wins the TV championship and they will also get the WWF championship."

Vince: "Well, if The Dynamite Kid is in fact crowned as King of the Ring, what happens at Summerslam when has to face the WWF champion, who in your opinion, will be an International Force member?"

Heenan: "What if The Dynamite Kid will be that International Force member?"

Vince: "Then there will be jealousy within the International Force. No stable lives forever, Bobby Heenan. Right now, the table is in place, Captain Lou Albano is in the ring and the contract signing is about to begin."

Contract Signing

Captain Lou Albano is standing in the middle of the ring, with his usual "grandpa went to bring the paper" outfit. There is a table and Shawn Michaels' music starts. He comes out to boos, with his title on his shoulder, raising his arm in the air and chewing his gum. He takes his sunglasses off and talks to the camera: "Your Intercontinental champion. You gotta love him." He walks to the ring, offers Captain Lou his hand to shake, but then passes it through his hair, laughing. The crowd boos and then The Kamikaze Kid's music starts to a huge pop. The amount of overness he's gained in three months is amazing. He comes out, with Jim Cornette and the two hi-five some fans. They get into the ring and both shake Captain Lou's hand. It is noticed that there are three chairs but no one is sitting. Captain Lou Albano is the first to speak: "This contract is for a match with one fall for June 13th, 1993 in Dayton, Ohio at WWF King of the Ring. It will have a 20 minute time limit and it will be for the WWF intercontinental championship. A pinfall or submission win will give the win and the title to The Kamikaze Kid (pop). A pinfall or submission win will also give the win and the title to Shawn Michaels (boo). A count out or disqualification win will also keep the title with Shawn Michaels. So will a draw." Vince points out the fact that The Kamikaze Kid is used to be an underdog, but never faced such slim chances to come out as champion. Shawn Michaels : "Before I sign this contract, allow me to once again state that this is not a match that should be on a Pay-per-View. People shouldn't have to pay to see this man get in the way of my beautiful face. I am the best wrestler in the WWF, the best Intercontinental champion of all time and the sexiest man alive. You've got no chance. But that's your problem."

Signs the contract.

Jim Cornette: "You know what, Michaels? We are sick and tired of your theories. Last night you saw what The Kid is worth and at King of the Ring you'll see it again. And it's a lot more than you are."

Cornette starts to sign, but Shawn Michaels tries to jump him. The Kamikaze Kid hits him with a couple of forearms, sends him to the ropes and hits a backdrop. Shawn lands on the table and The Kamikaze Kid goes to the top rope! Shawn Michaels rolls to the outside and goes to the back, angry.

Vince: "The Kamikaze Kid, is in my opinion, the next Intercontinental champion."

Heenan: "No one cares, McMahon!"

Vince : "Grow up, Bobby Heenan. Right now let's go to Tony Chimel backstage with the WWF champion!"

Chimel Time

Tony Chimel: "Thanks, Vince. I'm here with five time and current WWF champion, Hulk Hogan. Hulk, last week Bret Hart made some very harsh comments, saying you don't think, do whatever the fans tell you to do and calling you a puppet among other things."

Hulk Hogan: "Well, you know something, Tony Chimel? Last week The Hulkster did listen to what Bret Hart had to say. The Hulkster heard Bret Hart call him a puppet on the fans' strings, saying The Hulkster can kiss his career goodbye. But Bret Hart forgot one thing, Brother, and that is that many people in the past tried to end my career. But The Hulkster is still here, walking tall, with the WWF championship on his shoulder. The Hulkster knows what stands behind Bret Hart, Brother. Bret Hart is different from The Hulkster in one very important aspect, Brother. And that is his talking. The Hulkster talks from his heart, whereas The Hitman talks from his mind. He's trying some psychological warfare, but it won't work. The Hulkster isn't going to fall victim to mind games. The Hulkster is well-prepared for King of the Ring. I'm in the best shape of my life. I have all my Hulkamaniacs behind me, I say my prayers, drink my milk and say my vitamins and I'm coming after whoever bad-mouthes The Hulkster and these wonderful fans. So, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, MT Ninja Dude, whoever they send out come June 13th, whatcha gonna do when Hulk Hogan runs wild on..."

He is cut off by Bret Hart running into the frame and spearing Hulk Hogan into the wall. Bret hits Hogan with right hands. Tony Chimel calls for help and Bret continues to attack Hogan. He then says that Bret is also sick of mind games. And that it's time for a beating. Officials come and restrain Bret, who adds one more stomp for good measure and leaves.

86 (Interview)

85 (Attack)

[Commercial brake]

TV championship tournament semi-finals: Repo Man vs. Darren Malenko (w/ Mr. Perfect)

We join the match as Repo Man has a sleeper hold on Malenko. Malenko gets adrenaline from the crowd and starts reviving. He hits Repo with a couple of elbows. Malenko runs to the ropes, but Repo Man takes him down with a clothesline. Repo Man picks Malenko up and hits a couple of forearms. He sends him to the ropes, Malenko ducks a clothesline but Repo hits a spinebuster on the rebound. Cover gets a close 2 count. Repo Man drops a couple of fists, but Malenko moves out of the way. Repo tries another one, but Malenko moves out of the way again. Malenko then rolls to the outside and grabs Repo's legs. He pulls him to the outside and hits him with a couple of right hands. Malenko then executes a rana and hits Repo with a couple of more rights. That didn't look very impressive. Malenko then rolls back in. Malenko goes to the top rope and waits for Repo to get back in. Blockbuster finds the mark. Cover by Malenko gets a 2 count. Malenko looks a bit frustrated. He picks Repo up and sends him to the turnbuckle. Malenko hits a couple of chops and then climbs to the second rope. Tornado DDT connects! Malenko covers and again gets only a 2 count. Malenko picks Repo up and slams him. He goes to the top rope and tries an elbow drop, but Repo moves out of the way. Both men are down. Mr. Perfect hits the mat as if that will revive Malenko, but Repo is actually the first to get up. He drops a knee on Malenko's face and covers nonchalantly for 2. Repo Man picks Malenko up and sends him to the turnbuckle. He locks exhausted and takes his time before going for an avalanche. Malenko moves out of the way and quickly hits Repo with the Perfect Plex! 1...2...3! Malenko gets the win out of nowhere with his manager's legendary finisher! Great finish. Perfect gets in and raises his client's arm in victory. Malenko will be the one facing Owen Hart for the TV championship at King of the Ring.

Darren Malenko was sluggish and didn't put much effort in.

Vince: "What a win for Darren Malenko! Great match and Malenko finally gets his shot at the TV championship."

Heenan: "You mean Malenko finally gets what he deserves at King of the Ring - a good ol' Canadian butt kicking."

Vince: "We'll just see about that. Let's go to the ring!"

Damien Stone vs. Rick Martel (w/ Jerry Lawler)

Damien Stone is in the ring when Jerry Lawler's music starts. He comes out, but Rick Martel doesn't come out behind him. He turns around and PJ Walker runs at him and takes him down with a Lou Thesz press. He hits a couple of right hands and Martel comes running, tries to take Walker off of Lawler, but gets Implant DDT'd. Walker turns around, kicks Lawler in the gut and hits another Implant DDT. He raises his arms in victory and goes to the back. The crowd cheers him all the way back.

Vince: "What a mess! Lawler and Martel are both down and they're both irate! Let's go to some pre-recorded comments from The Proud Americans!"

Pre-recorded

Jeff Patriot and Tatanka are standing in the pre-recorded comments studio. This week's background: Gray! An odd choice. I figured it will more red, white and blueish. Anyway, here is what Patriot had to say: "MT Ninja, Owen Hart. Two men who represent the stable that is The International Force. Tonight you face us. Great responsibility comes with participating in the match. We represent this great country tonight. We represent the WWF, and there is nothing more Americana than the World Wrestling Federation. And we will represent it with pride and our win tonight will go out to all Americans wherever they are."

Tatanka: "Tonight, Native Americans all over the country are going to watch me going into that ring and represent them. With Jeff Patriot as my tag team partner in this battle for out nation's pride, this is the most important match of my career and the most important night of my life. Tonight, this country's reputation is on the line against the trash-talking by The International Force, but tonight is also our chance to show everyone what America is all about."

Patriot: "It's the red, white, blue we're talking about here and we will win tonight because I will defend my country's honor with pride. I am a true patriot."

Tatanka chants.

Jeff Patriot gained overness from this segment.

Vince: "The Proud Americans are treating this match as the most important match of their career."

Heenan: "Then they're stupid. They should go after titles."

Vince: "They're proud Americans, Bobby Heenan. Something you'll never be. (The Steiner Brothers' music starts) Well, speaking of Proud Americans, here come two very proud ones right now!"

Non-title match: Booker T and Chris Chetti vs. The Steiner Brothers

Booker T attacks Rick Steiner with the bell and hits a couple of right hands. Booker hits a bodyslam and covers for a one count. They get up and Rick kicks Booker in the gut. Rick picks Booker up and plants Booker with a brainbuster suplex. Rick doesn't go for the cover and tags in Scott. Rick holds Booker's arm up and Scott kicks him in the ribs. Booker is still bending forward and Scott hits a DDT. Scott goes to the top rope, which gets a great reaction from the crowd, which turns into an oooh sound when Booker escapes the legdrop. Booker quickly tags in Chris Chetti, who hits Scott with Scott with a couple of kicks. Chetti picks Steiner up and hits a 3/4 neckbreaker. Chetti covers and gets a surprisingly close 2 count. Chetti goes for an Irish whip, but Steiner reverses it. Chetti ducks a clothesline attempt and hits a spinning heel kick on the rebound. He quickly tags Booker T back in. Booker picks Scott up and hits a piledriver! Booker signals for the end and covers for a 2 count, and the crowd actually pops to Scott kicking out of a jobber move. Booker picks Scott up and sends him to the turnbuckle and goes for an avalanche, but Scott moves out of the way. They get up and exchange right hands. Scott takes the advantage and hits a Russian legsweep. Scott tags in Rick, who Steinerlines Chetti to the outside. Nice flip by Chetti on his way out. Scott hits Booker T with a butterfly suplex and positions him on his shoulders. Rick goes to the top rope and hits The Steiner Bulldog! Rick covers! 1...2...3! this match was hardly a squash, but a win is a win and The Steiner Brothers are still considered the best tag team in the WWF.

[Commercial brake]

Interview Crashing

Vince McMahon is standing in the middle of the ring, with a mic in his hand: "Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce to you one of the eight men who will be competing at King of the Ring for the crown and the WWF title match at Summerslam, along with his manager Paul Bearer, please welcome The Undertaker!

The lights go out to nice pop and The Undertaker, along with Paul Bearer comes walking slowly down the aisle. He gets to the steps, lifts his arms in the air and the lights go back on. They enter and Vince starts the questioning: "First of all, let me ask you a question many people have been asking themselves since last week - can Macho Man Randy Savage outsmart The Undertaker at King of the Ring as well?"

Paul Bearer: "Oooh, Vince McMahon...(He is cut off by Macho Man Randy Savage's music, to boos. Savage comes walking down the aisle, climbs to the second rope and gets some more boos. He then goes off and stares The Undertaker face to face. He asks for a mic and gets one.

Macho Man Randy Savage: "Oooh yeah! (Boo) The Macho Man is here on Monday Night Anguish, much to the delight of all his fans. Let me hear you, Macho Maniacs! (He gives the crowd the mic, and gets another boo.) And to your question, Vince McMahon, Macho Man Randy Savage can outsmart The Undertaker on any given night of the week, the month and the year, ooh yeah. The Macho Man outsmarted The Undertaker last week (starts to get closer to The Undertaker), The Macho Man will outsmart The Undertaker at King of the Ring (is standing face to face with The Undertaker, then turns around, still very close to Taker.) And most importantly, Macho Man will outsmart The Undertaker...right now!"

With that, Macho Man turns around and goes for a right hand, but The Undertaker blocks it. Vince gets out of the ring. The Undertaker hits Macho Man with a couple of uppercuts and positions him for a Tombstone Piledriver. The Undertaker goes for the Tombstone...and plants The Macho Man! The Undertaker goes to one knee in Paul Bearer's direction and his music starts again to another pop.

The Undertaker is in the ring. Out from the back runs Randy Savage, who slides into the ring and attacks. The Undertaker manages to get the upper hand though. Randy Savage can barely stand. Tombstone!!! That shook the ring. The Undertaker leaves, having won this battle.

Vince: "Well, I guess The Macho Man got outsmarted by The Undertaker!"

Heenan: "No! No, he didn't! That man is a monster! He's just 325 pounds of sure power! But don't worry, The Macho Man promised it, he will outsmart The Undertaker come King of the Ring."

Vince: "Well, here's something to think about: The Undertaker has just outsmarted Macho Man Randy Savage, but I can't recall one moment in which The Macho Man out-powered The Undertaker. Anyway, we're going to take our final commercial brake but still to come is the big tag team match between MT Ninja and Owen Hart and The Proud Americans. And up next we've got Damage Inc. going up against Bob Backlund and The Kamikaze Kid! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Damage Inc. vs. Backlund and The Kamikaze Kid (w/ Jim Cornette)

When we come back from commercials, it's Brian Christopher in control against Bob Backlund. Christopher sends Backlund to the ropes and hits a spinning heel kick. Christopher drops a few elbows and covers for a 2 count. Christopher picks Backlund up and tags in Snow. The two hit a double clothesline and Snow covers for 2. Snow kicks Backlund a couple of times and picks him up. Snow Irish whips Backlund into the turnbuckle and takes him out of there with an arm drag. Snow holds on to the arm and the crowd starts chanting "Backlund". The veteran gets an adrenaline rush. Backlund gets up and hits Snow with a couple of elbows and a Russian legsweep. That gets a 2 count and Backlund continues to control for a couple of minutes and then tags in The Kamikaze Kid. The Kid hits a couple of right hands and a kick combo in the corner. Snow crashes to the mat and The Kid covers for a 2 count. The Kid picks Snow up and goes for an Irish whip, but it's reversed. Snow lowers his head, which allows The Kid to hit a DDT. The Kid covers and Christopher breaks the count. Backlund goes after Christopher, but gets hit with a backdrop onto the apron. He appears to be knocked out. In the ring, The Kid goes for a splash but Christopher pushes him off. Snow gets up first and clubs The Kid with a couple of forearms to the back. He then hits a killer powerbomb. The Kid is going to pay for that in a couple of years. Snow tags Christopher in, who drops a leg on The Kid. Christopher goes to the top rope, and the Alabama Jam misses! The Kid moves out of the way. Ric Flair starts walking down the aisle and the crowd responds with a boo. In the ring, The Kid hits Christopher with a couple of forearms and sends him to the ropes. Kamikaze Kick connects! The referee is distracted by Flair and tells him to go to the back. Flair has a tantrum and stays to argue. Al Snow gets in and The Kid hits him with a Kamikaze Kick as well! Shawn Michaels comes from the crowd! He grabs The Kid from behind...and hits The Back Suplex! HBK disappears in the crowd and Flair finally agrees to leave. Christopher, in the meantime, is already on the top rope. Alabama Jam connects! Christopher barely covers! 1...2...3! Damage Inc. remain undefeated! They don't have the powers to hit their finishers again and go to the back. Vince and Heenan talk some crap for a couple of minutes and Flair and Michaels come out. They probably had to wait for Michaels to come back from the crowd. They get in and Ric Flair takes a mic: "I see a job undone here, Shawn, let's finish it!" He drops the mic and locks the Figure-Four Leglock on Bob Backlund on the outside, not before hitting Cornette with a solid right hand. In the ring, HBK hits The Kid with the Back Suplex again. Captain Lou Albano's music stops the party and he comes out with a mic: "Stop right there! If you two don't leave the premises right now, Ric Flair, you'll be suspended and Shawn Michaels, you will be stripped of the Intercontinental championship! (Pop and the heels start to leave) Oh, and one more thing. Due to all your sneak attacks over the last few weeks - next week on Monday Night Anguish we're going to see Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair vs. Bob Backlund and The Kamikaze Kid!" The crowd pops and so do I. It should be awesome.

Al Snow gained overness from this match.

Hype

MT Ninja and Owen Hart (w/ Brother Love) vs. The Proud Americans

Owen Hart and Tatanka start the match. They lock up and Owen backs Tatanka into the corner. The referee calls for a brake, but Owen hits a chop anyway. He kicks Tatanka in the gut and hits a DDT. He covers, with his feet on the ropes, but Jeff Patriot kicks them off. Owen picks Tatanka up and tags in MT Ninja. Owen sends Tatanka to the corner and Irish whips Ninja into him. Tatanka crashes to the mat and Ninja covers for a 2 count. Ninja drops a few elbows and picks Tatanka up. Suplex is blocked and Tatanka hits one of his own. Both men are down and out, and eventually Jeff Patriot gets the hot tag. Patriot hits Owen Hart with a right hand and Ninja with a backbreaker. Cover gets 2. Patriot covers again, this time hooking the leg, but Owen Hart breaks the count with an elbow drop. Tatanka takes Owen and clotheslines him to the outside. Back in the ring, Patriot hits Ninja with elbows, but gets poked in the eye. Ninja controls the match for a couple of minutes and then tags in Owen Hart. Owen rakes Patriot's face and hits a dropkick. Owen picks Patriot up and Irish whips him, and Tatanka tags himself in. Owen hits an overhead belly to belly suplex on Patriot, but turns around into a tomahawk chop. Tatanka starts his dance and gets another one. MT Ninja gets in and gets one himself. Jeff Patriot comes back in and a brawl erupts. Patriot clotheslines Ninja to the outside and goes out himself. Owen and Tatanka brawl in the ring and Tatanka hits Owen with a flying shoulder block. In the meantime, on the outside, Brother Love hits Patriot with a chair behind the referee's back. Love really shouldn't be hitting people with steel chairs. Tatanka looks at him and yells at the referee for not noticing. Owen Hart rolls him up from behind. The ref counts, and Owen grabs the tights! 1...2...3! Owen Hart gets the win for his team! He rolls to the outside, where he, Love and Ninja raise each other's arm in victory. Tatanka yells at them and then attends Jeff Patriot. Vince says goodbye and Anguish goes off the air.

Owen Hart gained overness from this feud ending.

MT Ninja gained overness from this feud ending.

Jeff Patriot gained overness from this feud ending.

Tatanka gained overness from this feud ending.

Overall rating: 77

TV rating: 6.90

Let me start off by saying that I forgive Captain Lou Albano for his silent last couple of months, just for next week's main event booking. It should be a great match. Four of the most agile and technical wrestlers in the WWF in one ring. I think they're playing with fire, hyping the Bret Hart-Hulk Hogan feud, without knowing for certain that Bret will still be in the WWF come King of the Ring. Malenko-Owen should also be a technical classic, if Malenko learns to keep his backstage problems backstage. A Damage Inc. - Steiner Brothers match is inevitable, but I hear backstage politics prevent The Steiners from jobbing to the up and coming team. So I guess we have another Even-people-backstage-don't-know-the-outcome match for King of the Ring. The main event was nice, and I hope it signaled the end of Tatanka main eventing Monday Night Anguish shows.

Newsflash News Report!

* Special Monday Night Anguish show next week!

Sources within the WWF have informed Newsflash that next week's edition on Monday Night Anguish, which will be the last one before the first ever broadcasted King of the Ring tournament, will have some sort of gimmick. You can only presume that it has something to do with King of the Ring. Anyway, the announcement should come from Captain Lou Albano on tomorrow's edition of Monday Night Anguish, unless they'll keep the surprise until next week.

* New Ohio Valley Wresting Champion!

No, it's not Tatanka. It's not a Headshrinker either. It's not even Brian Knobbs, who we all forgot was still there. 24-year-old is Ohio Valley Wrestling's new champion. If you look at the list of former champions (Darren Malenko, MT Ninja, and Jeff Patriot among others) you can see what the future holds for young Candido - a place in the main roster. Expect to see him on future shows of Anguish.

Monday Night Anguish Report 5.31.93!

Vince: "Another huge tag team main event awaits us tonight as King of the Ring just keeps getting closer! Hi everyone, welcome to Monday Night Anguish. I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan. Bobby, tonight Shawn Michaels and The Kamikaze Kid finally face off in a ring, with Ric Flair as Michaels' tag team partner and Backlund as The Kid's."

Heenan: "That's Intercontinental champion Shawn Michaels, for you, McMahon. And it's going to stay that way after King of the Ring!"

Vince: "I'm not so sure. The Kamikaze Kid has the opportunity to be the youngest Intercontinental champion of all-time and I believe he's going to do just that. Anyway, also tonight we've got a rematch from a recent edition of Monday Night Anguish - MT Ninja vs. The Undertaker!"

Heenan: "Ninja is going to get his revenge tonight but it's nothing compared to the beating Macho Man Randy Savage will give The Undertaker at King of the Ring!"

Vince: "Speaking of Randy Savage, he'll be in action tonight against Jeff Patriot and we've also got the undefeated Damage Inc. in action, but first we've got a hot tag team match to kick things off! Let's go to Howard Finkel!"

The Hart Brothers vs. Malenko and Walker (w/ Mr. Perfect)

Bret and Owen are a great team, but not openers. Well, I guess I can let it slide in a show where Shawn Michaels, The Kamikaze Kid, Ric Flair and Bob Backlund are all in the main event. Owen and PJ Walker start the match. They lock up and Owen kicks Walker in the gut. Owen hits a nice standing dropkick and Walker is down. Owen signals for the end and hits a Tiger Bomb! Owen covers, but Malenko breaks the count. Owen goes after Malenko, but Malenko hits him with a DDT! Bret Hart goes after Malenko, but the ref clears the ring of illegal men. Owen and Walker are both still down. And Malenko gets the hot tag! Malenko runs at Bret and hits him with a forearm. He turns around and Owen pokes him in the eye. Owen holds Malenko's head and hits a jaw breaker. Malenko is groggy and Owen hits a dropkick again. Owen tags Bret in and the two hit a double backdrop. Bret picks Malenko up and hits a snap suplex. Malenko gets up and Bret hits him with a clothesline. It's so weird to see that sequence to heel heat. Bret tags Owen back in. Owen controls the match and it's block interview time!

Vince: "And we are now joined by Jerry Lawler and Rick Martel. Thank you both for being with us. Jerry Lawler, you see PJ Walker in action here tonight, and what goes through your mind?"

Lawler: "You want to know what goes through my mind, McMahon? 'How did that brat even get into the WWF?' That's what goes through my mind!"

Vince: "Uh, but Jerry Lawler, this 'brat' beat your client a couple of months ago. Don't you fear we're going to see the same thing at King of the Ring?"

Lawler: "Let me tell you something, Vince McMahon, Pee Wee Walker made a big mistake by advancing to the King of the Ring quarter-finals. You see, when he qualified, he qualified for a rematch against The Model Rick Martel. And rematches were MADE for this kind of situation. Two wrestlers, one's a cheater who got a fluke win and the other one is much better. Rick is going to win the match against PJ Walker, beat two more guys and become the number one contender. Then, come Summerslam, this man right here will become the WWF champion. And the best one of all time."

Rick Martel: "That's right, Jerry Lawler. This tiny man, Pee Wee Walker, is nowhere near the level of myself: The most talented, most successful and most handsome superstar in the WWF. I am the model! And at King of the Ring, I will make Pee Wee Walker regret ever stepping in the ring with me!"

Vince: "Okay, Jerry Lawler, Rick Martel, thank you both very much."

Owen picks Malenko up and goes for a dropkick, but Malenko moves out of the way. Malenko quickly locks in The Texas Cloverleaf! Bret Hart yells at the referee, who has to restrain him. PJ Walker gets in and tries to get the referee's attention. The ref has to get Walker back in his corner and Bret breaks The Texas Cloverleaf with a clothesline. Both men get up at the same time and exchange right hands. Malenko gets the advantage and Irish whips Owen to the opposite turnbuckle. Owen gets it chest-first and Malenko collapses as well. Malenko crawls in Walker's direction and gets the false tag with Bret distracting the referee. The referee has to restrain Walker and Owen hits Malenko with a low blow. German suplex finds the mark, with a bridge. 1...2...3! The Hart Brothers get the win! Owen and Bret celebrate in the ring as Walker and Perfect charge them. Bret and Owen get the advantage but then "Real American" starts playing to a huge pop. The Hart Brothers exit through the crowd as Hulk Hogan comes to help his American dudes.

Darren Malenko was sluggish and didn't put much effort in.

Lawler and Martel interview: 81

Vince: "The Hart Brothers win the match, but who will win the war come King of the Ring? The WWF championship match is just one of the magnificent matches awaiting us in just less than two weeks!"

Heenan: "It really should be a great, McMahon, and I think we know who will win the war. Here's a clue: He's not too old to be champion!"

Vince : "Well, that rules out Ric Flair."

Heenan: "McMahon, there's a difference between being 47 and still being the best and being 43 with a few flukes."

Vince: "Anyway, we're going to take a quick commercial brake but still to come are Damage Inc. in action and up next are Jeff Patriot and Randy Savage in a fascinating one on one encounter! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Jeff Patriot vs. Macho Man Randy Savage

We join the match as Patriot is fighting out of a sleeper with a couple of elbows to the gut and a back suplex. Both men are down until the referee reaches a 7 count and they get up. Patriot hits a couple of right hands, but Savage pokes him in the eye. Savage kicks him in the gut and sends Patriot to the ropes. Spinebuster connects! He covers nonchalantly and Patriot gets the shoulder up. Savage kicks Patriot around and continues to control the match until a kick is blocked and Patriot hits a dragon screw. Patriot tries an Irish whip, but it's reversed and Savage lowers his head. Spinning neckbreaker connects. Patriot drops a few fists and continues his control for a couple of minutes until a sunset flip attempt is blocked with a right hand. Savage drops to his knees and gets the two count. Patriot reverses it into a sunset flip-like cover for another two count. They get up and Savage kicks Patriot in the gut. Savage gets a piledriver! Cover! 1...2...no! Patriot gets his shoulder up. Savage picks Patriot up and sends him to the turnbuckle. Savage hits a couple of knife-edge chops, but Patriot hits a couple of right hands out of nowhere and gets out of the corner. Patriot starts to gain momentum, but Savage pokes him in the eye. Savage sends Patriot to the ropes and hits another spinebuster. Savage doesn't cover this time, though. He picks Patriot up and sends him to the ropes. Drop toe hold connects, but Savage still doesn't cover. Savage seems to run out of ideas so he just hits another piledriver. He goes to the top rope, but suddenly the lights go out. A few gongs are heard and suddenly, The Undertaker appears on the Titantron. He keeps it short: "13 days...Macho Man Randy Savage. 13 days...until you rest...in...peace!" The crowd pops and Savage yells at the Titantron. He goes to the top rope again, but Patriot has enough time to get up and slam him off. Patriot quickly grabs Savage's legs...and locks the Figure Four Leglock! Savage tries to fight it, but he's in the middle of the ring so eventually he has no choice but to give up and give Patriot the upset. Patriot rolls to the outside and hi-fives fans all the way to the outside. Savage then gets up and limps to the back with an angry look on his face

Jeff Patriot gained overness from this match.

Vince: "What a huge win for Jeff Patriot!"

Heenan: "You actually call that a win after the stunt The Undertaker pulled on Macho Man there? If he's dead, he shouldn't talk. That's like rule number one of being dead."

Vince: "You go and tell him that."

Heenan: "I don't want to!"

Vince: "Besides, he should have covered Jeff Patriot when he had the chance. You can't waste chances like that against a dangerous guy like Jeff Patriot. Well, right now let's go to a pre-recorded announcement from Captain Lou Albano."

Weekly Announcement

Captain Lou Albano is sitting in a chair in the middle of the ring, with the arena empty. What is his job, anyway? I mean, we know he's the authority figure, but is he president or what? He looks at the camera and starts talking: "Good evening, Monday Night Anguish fans. I am here to announce that next week's show, the last one before the King of the Ring extravaganza, will be a very special night. The 8 men who will participate in the tournament will all wrestle on Monday Night Anguish, as well. Because next week's edition of Monday Night Anguish will be a very special one. It will be 'King of the Ring mix' night. All 8 participants will wrestle in one on one matches against each other. They can wrestle anyone, except the ones who will wrestle them at the King of the Ring quarter-finals. Good luck for all participants next week and at King of the Ring.

Vince: "King of the Ring mix night next week! What a night it should be."

Heenan: "But it's nothing compared to the real thing!"

Vince: "That's true. Right now let's go Tony Chimel backstage with a very happy Jeff Patriot."

Chimel Time

Tony Chimel: "Jeff Patriot, I understand you are very excited after your big win over Macho Man Randy Savage."

Jeff Patriot: "Excited doesn't even begin to describe it, Tony Chimel! I needed this win after last week, Tatanka and I lost our big match against MT Ninja and Owen Hart. I needed a big match, a big win like this to remind me what it's all about. It's all about going in there, day in and day out and fighting. Fighting for all of the little patriots at home. Fighting for the red, the white and the blue and representing it with pride."

Chimel: "As we heard before, next week is King of the Ring Mix night and of course six days later is your first Pay-per-View, King of the Ring. You have the chance to become the number one contender for the WWF championship."

Patriot: "Well, right now Hulk Hogan is the WWF champion and I believe it's going to stay that way after King of the Ring, and I promise to do my best out there at King of the Ring. I am a true patriot and I will do everything in my ability to make my fans happy and if facing Hulk Hogan at Summerslam is what they want, that's what I'm aiming for. And may the best man win."

Chimel: "Thank you, Jeff Patriot. Back to you, Vince."

Vince: "In my opinion, Jeff Patriot could very well be the 1993 King of the Ring."

Heenan: "Your opinion is wrong. How can he win when there are guys like Razor Ramon, The Dynamite Kid, Rick Martel and Macho Man Randy Savage there?"

Vince: "It will be a very interesting tournament and I think there are now favorites or underdogs there. The man who will be best June 13th will win the tournament and there is no way of telling who will that be. (Damage Inc.'s music starts) But right now it's time for some more tag team action!"

Damage Inc. vs. Scott Taylor and CW Anderson

Snow starts the match with Taylor. They lock up and Snow goes for a suplex, but Taylor goes out the back door and dropkicks Snow's back. He quickly tags in CW Anderson, who runs in right into an Irish whip, which with Anderson's momentum was even more brutal. Snow tags Brian Christopher in and Christopher kicks Anderson in the gut. Damage Inc. control the match until Anderson moves out of the way for an Alabama Jam attempt and tags in Taylor. Taylor goes to the top and hits a flying body press! Could be an upset here! 1...2...what are you, stupid? An upset over the upcoming undefeated tem? Christopher hits a clothesline as they get up and continues to dominate, along with frequent tags, for a couple of more minutes. He probably has the match after a vicious tornado DDT, but he doesn't go for the cover and tags Snow back in. Snow picks Taylor up and kicks him in the gut. He runs to the ropes and hits a face crusher. He picks him up again and Irish whips him to the turnbuckle. Snow hits a couple of hard chops and a jaw breaker. It's the kind of moves you don't see for two months, then see it twice the same night. Snow picks Taylor up and sends him to the ropes. Hard clothesline connects. Snow tags Brian Christopher in. Christopher climbs to the top rope and waits for Taylor to get up. Taylor gets up...and the Missile Dropkick connects! Taylor is out. Christopher drags Taylor back to the middle of the ring and covers. 1...2...3. Damage Inc. continue their undefeated streak. They don't break tradition and as CW Anderson checks on his partner, Snow hits him with a Snow Plow as Christopher hits Taylor with the Alabama Jam. Their music starts again and they go to the back.

[Commercial brake]

Vince: "Welcome back to Monday Night Anguish, everybody. I want to apologize to all our fans, but the main event is in major jeopardy. During the brake, some action occurred backstage. Let's go to the footage."

During the Brake

The Kamikaze Kid is walking backstage in his street clothes, when some faces wish him good luck tonight. He goes into his locker room, where Shawn Michaels awaits him. Michaels says he just wanted to wish him good luck tonight, and goes out. Then, he of course turns around and pounds the living sh*t out of him. A few referees and officials come and restrain him. Shawn adds one more kick and leaves. Yeah, right, are we watching WWF for the first time? He returns and adds some more right hands. Then he is finally restrained and cockily walks out of the ring.

Vince: "With The Kamikaze Kid out cold, Bob Backlund might not have a partner for tonight's main event!"

Heenan: "You mean, he might chicken out."

Vince: "I don't think you can call BOB BACKLUND a chicken after what Shawn Michaels' actions. Right now, let's go to Tony Chimel, this time with a very angry man - Darren Malenko."

Chimel Time II

Chimel: "Mr. Perfect and Darren Malenko, I'm sure you're both angry after The Hart Brothers stole a victory from you and PJ Walker earlier tonight."

Perfect: "Tony Chimel, what we saw earlier is typical International Force behavior. They love talking about how they're superior to American wrestlers but what we saw today was one example of what they're really worth. And at King of the Ring we're going to see another one, when Darren Malenko beats Owen Hart for the TV championship."

Chimel: "Mr. Perfect, with all due respect, I know Owen Hart cheated to pin Darren Malenko tonight, but he still pinned him. If he cheats at King of the Ring and gets away with it, he is the TV champion."

Perfect: "You're forgetting one thing, Chimel. At King of the Ring, Owen's not going to have Bret Hart. He's not going to have anyone of his International Force friends. The only man at ringside will be me. And you can bet I will stop any attempt of stealing a victory, by any means necessary."

Chimel: "Thank you both. Back to you, Vince."

I'm sorry, but due to technical reasons, the rest of the show will have to be on another post.

Edited by kaplanir

Vince: "Darren Malenko, on his way to the TV championship!"

Heenan: "TV championship, match, you mean. A loss to Owen Hart is what awaits him."

MT Ninja (w/ Brother Love) vs. The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

Ninja starts the match aggressively with hard right hands, which The Undertaker no-sells. The Undertaker then hits a couple of uppercuts and backs Ninja into the corner. He chokes Ninja for a 5 count, but isn't disqualified. He goes for an Irish whip, but it's reversed and Love holds the second rope so the dead man tumbles to the outside. Ninja gets some heel-against-Undertaker-offence on the outside for a couple of minutes until he goes back in and tries to lift The Undertaker, who reverses it by pulling Ninja's neck onto the top rope. Taker gets back in and goes for a Tombstone near the ropes, but Brother Love holds his leg and Ninja is just slammed, with Taker also suffering impact. The Undertaker sits up, but Ninja gets up at about the same time. They exchange control of the match until Taker goes for a flying clothesline but Ninja ducks and The Undertaker crashes to the mat and rolls to the outside. Ninja distracts the referee and Macho Man Randy Savage comes limping to the outside, but The Undertaker hits him with an uppercut and Savage is down. The Undertaker goes back in where Ninja sends him to the ropes and hits a backdrop. The Undertaker sits up. Ninja hits a hard clothesline, which takes The Undertaker down. He drops a couple of elbows and covers. 1...2...The Undertaker sits up. Ninja kicks him in the chest and covers again, but The Undertaker sits up again. Ninja sends The Undertaker to the ropes and tries a backdrop, but The Undertaker kicks him in the face. The Undertaker hits a couple of uppercuts and a face crusher. The Undertaker picks him up and chokes him in the corner again. He Irish whips him to the opposite corner and goes for an avalanche, but Ninja moves out of the way and hits a bulldog. The Undertaker is down near the ropes. Brother Love makes a move, but Paul Bearer is there to chase him v...e...r...y...v...e...r...y...s...l...o...w...l...y. MT Ninja goes to the top rope...MT Splash connects! He covers without hooking the leg, and Randy Savage comes from under the ring and holds onto The Undertaker's legs! 1...2...3! MT Ninja gets the win and the second upset of the night! He takes Brother Love and goes to the back. The Undertaker sits up in the ring and Randy Savage limps to the back.

[Commercial brake]

Vince: "Welcome back to Monday Night Anguish, everybody. Before the brake (Footage of the last match) MT Ninja scored an upset over The Undertaker with help of Macho Man Randy Savage."

Heenan: "How can you call that an upset? MT Ninja is a better wrestler."

Vince: "He's also a man who The Undertaker beat a few weeks ago."

Heenan: "So you admit he's a better wrestler! Got ya!"

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan. Anyway, let's go to some words from Brother Love and the victorious MT Ninja."

Winning Comments

Brother Love and MT Ninja are in the back. Ninja is probably smiling: "This if the future of the World Wrestling Federation. MT Ninja is the future of the World Wrestling Federation. The International Force is the future of the World Wrestling Federation. We are the future of the World Wrestling Federation! And at King of the Ring, everyone will see that. When The Dynamite Kid becomes King of the Ring, everyone will see that. When Owen Hart wins the TV championship, everyone will see that and then - when we finally obtain the coveted the WWF championship, everyone will see that The International Force cannot be stopped! The International Force is a concept that should have been planted in American wrestling ever since it began. You people NEED our help. You need International wrestlers, outside interference, to show you what wrestling is all about. Wrestling is all about Sharpshooters, it's all about Swandive Headbutts, it's all about MT Splashes, it's about moves that count! Only in a place like this, a Legdrop could be the finishing maneuver of the champion. But after King of the Ring it won't. After King of the Ring, you will see what a true champion finisher looks like. The WWF champion will finally be someone worthy. You will finally see what a champion should like. What his finisher should look like, what he should look like. You will finally see a true champion."

Brother Love gained overness from this segment.

Vince: (Ric Flair's music starts) "Well, I don't know how this is going to go...but here comes former 3-time WWF champion - "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair."

Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels vs. Backlund and The Kamikaze Kid (w/ Jim Cornette)

At least that's what I think. Flair and Michaels are out. Backlund is out and he starts talking about having no problem facing the both of them by himself and...cue injured challenger. The Kamikaze Kid comes running down the aisle with a determined face. Jim Cornette joins us last, with The Kid already in action against Shawn Michaels. He gets some determined-face offence against Michaels and almost gets the pin after a spinning kick. He goes to the top rope, Michaels gets up and the double axe handle connects. He covers and gets another 2 count. The Kid tags in Backlund, who controls the match and almost gets the win after a wonderfully-sold suplex. Backlund goes to the second rope, but the elbow drop misses. They get up and Michaels hits a clothesline. Cover gets 2. Michaels picks Backlund up and tags Ric Flair in. First of all, Flair gives a "woo". Flair picks Backlund up and hits a gutwrench suplex. Cover gets 2. Flair picks Backlund up and hits a vertical suplex. They get up and Flair does his strut. He turns around and gets hit with a dropkick. Both men are down and The Kamikaze Kid gets the tag. The Kid looks angry and Flair does his "no" bit. He pokes Flair in the eye and tags the Intercontinental champion in. Michaels hits a couple of rights but The Kid kicks him in the gut and hits a DDT. The Kamikaze Kid prepares in the corner and Shawn Michaels gets up. The Kid goes for a superkick, but Shawn blocks it and takes his other leg down. He then slingshots The Kid into the turnbuckle. Ric Flair gets in illegally and drops a knee. Bob Backlund goes after him and the referee restrains him. Ric Flair gets a Figure Four on the outside while The Kid is back in, using the turnbuckle. Ouch. Shawn takes down the turnbuckle pad on the other turnbuckle. Shawn finishes and so do Flair and Backlund. Michaels takes The Kid and picks him up. He takes him to the turnbuckle that is opposite of the exposed one. Michaels goes for an Irish whip, but The Kid reverses it! Michaels meets the steel! The Kid gets a Backlund Victory Roll! Flair gets in and tries to break the count but Backlund clotheslines him to the outside. The ref counts The Kid's cover! 1...2...3! The Kamikaze Kid gets the pin! He and Backlund celebrate in the ring as Anguish ends. Talk about stretching the air time.

Bob Backlund gained overness from this match.

Overall rating: 76

TV rating: 6.89

King of the Ring Mix night should be a nice preview for the real thing. Nice show overall, but the main event was a little disappointing. That's what happens when you give the other matches longer air-time.

Newsflash News Report!

* Leave so soon?

After less than 4 months with the company and with his first Pay-per-View appearance, Darren Malenko is said to be on his way out of the WWF. Malenko has been sluggish in the ring lately and claims that he was promised major storyline involvement when he signed with the WWF. Malenko was feuding with The Mountie over the TV championship before the Canadian superstar was injured. Malenko is scheduled to a match against Owen Hart for the vacant title at King of the Ring. A Malenko win, which was a sure bet until these news came out, is now a very questionable outcome. Another "Bret Hart" is probably ahead of us as not only the WWF championship match will be decided over morale issues and not storylines. Malenko's morale will definitely affect the identity of the next TV champion.

* Ric Flair unhappy by McMahon remark, Beau Beverly to leave WWF

In other WWF news, sources backstage of have told Newsflash that Ric Flair was very unhappy at Vince McMahon's remark on the last edition of Monday Night Anguish, implying that Ric Flair is too old to become WWF champion. Mike "Beau Beverly" Enos will not be renewing his contract with the company and the future of his tag team partner, Wayne "Beau Beverly" Bloom, with the company is still unclear.

Monday Night Anguish Report 6.7.93!

Vince: "With just 6 days to go to the real thing, we have the perfect preview tonight as you join us for King of the Ring Mix night! Hi everyone, welcome to Monday Night Anguish. I'm Vince McMahon, along side Bobby Heenan. Bobby, tonight a very special night as we don't know who will face who!"

Heenan: "Who will face whom, McMahon! That's why they call me The Brain and they don't call you at all. It's going to be such a great night! Rick Martel, Macho Man Randy Savage, The Dynamite Kid and Razor Ramon all in action!"

Vince: "Also tonight we've got IRS in action and a special King of the Ring preview with Gorilla Monsoon (Jerry Lawler's music starts) but I guess it's time for our first match!"

Rick Martel (w/ Jerry Lawler) vs. The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

Martel does the whole I'm-so-scared-of-the-dead-and-the-dark-but-I'm-still-confident-I'm-going-to-win-Sunday routine when the gongs go off. The Undertaker gets in, raises his arms, let there be light and we begin. Martel starts off with some right hands and a suplex. Vince is impressed by Martel's strength and I'm impressed by Vince's stubbornness to keep Martel in the WWF. Martel covers but The Undertaker kicks out and sits up. He chokes Martel in the corner and throws some slow chops. He picks him up and slams him down. The Undertaker goes to one knee in Paul Bearer's direction and Martel uses the opening to throw the dead man to the outside. The Undertaker doesn't land on his feet but Martel still tries to lift him by the hair. Martel gets his neck introduced to the top rope and The Undertaker goes back in. The Undertaker tries to drop an elbow but Martel moves out of the way. Taker sits up and Martel gets up regularly. Martel takes Taker down by his legs and quickly covers for another 2 count. Martel hits a couple of kicks and drops a few elbows. He covers again and The Undertaker sits up again. Martel kicks The Undertaker in the gut and hits him with a couple of chops. Martel kicks The Undertaker and Irish whips him to the opposite turnbuckle. Martel hits an avalanche, but it has no affect on The Undertaker, who chokes Martel again until the referee breaks the hold. Martel goes for a cross-body, but The Undertaker catches him in mid-air and puts him in the right position. Tombstone Piledriver connects! The Undertaker covers. 1...2...3. The Undertaker wins the match. Martel rolls to the outside where he is attended by Lawler. The arena goes dark again and Paul Bearer gets in the ring. The Undertaker goes to one knee in the urn's direction and the crowd loves it.

Vince: "The Undertaker victorious in the first match of King of the Ring Mix night!"

Heenan: "But this is just the beginning! We still have 3 more King of the Ring Mix matches to go!"

Vince: "That's right. We're going to take a quick commercial brake but still to come are more King of the Ring Mix matches and up next is IRS in action! Stay tuned!"

[Commercial brake]

Vince Time

Vince McMahon is standing in the ring with a microphone: "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the number one contender for the Intercontinental championship - The Kamikaze Kid!"

The crowd pops as The Kid and Jim Cornette walk to the ring and hi-five the fans.

Vince: "Jim Cornette and The Kamikaze Kid, thank you both for being here. This Sunday is of course the big match we've all been waiting for, probably the most important match of The Kamikaze Kid's career - against Shawn Michaels for the Intercontinental championship."

Jim Cornette: "Yes, Vince McMahon. This Sunday it finally happens. The Kamikaze Kid has the chance to become the youngest Intercontinental champion of all time! A chance which he's going to take! Everybody knows that The Kid, myself and Shawn Michaels have had our fair share of clashes, both verbally and physically, but there is one thing I can't take from Shawn Michaels and that is his ability in the squared circle. He is one of the best and it won't be an easy task, but I believe in The Kamikaze Kid, I believe he's better than Shawn Michaels and I believe that we're going to have a new Intercontinental champion this time next week."

Vince: "Last week on Monday Night Anguish The Kamikaze Kid pinned Shawn Michaels in a tag team match also including Bob Backlund and Nature Boy Ric Flair. Now, this past Saturday on WWF Superstars, Ric Flair challenged The Kamikaze Kid for a rematch from their clash a couple of weeks ago. Do you accept the challenge?"

Cornette: "Like I said, I believe The Kamikaze Kid is better than Shawn Michaels and I believe we're going to see the title change hands this Sunday and if Ric Flair wants to lose to The Kamikaze Kid again, that's fine. We're even willing to put the Intercontinental championship on the line next Monday against Ric Flair. Let him be the first challenger for The Kid!"

Vince: "And what if The Kid doesn't win the title this Sunday?"

Cornette: "Well, then I guess he'll have someone to take his frustration out on in the form of Ric Flair. But make no mistake about it. Last week The Kamikaze Kid won a tag team match against Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair and next week he is going to beat both of them in singles matches. (The crowd pops as The Kid's music begins again.)

Vince: "Jim Cornette and The Kamikaze Kid, everybody!"

Cornette and The Kid go to the back, hi-fiving the fans on their way to the back as Vince goes back to the announce table.

Vince: "I agree with Jim Cornette. I think we're going to see the title change hands this Sunday."

Heenan: "I agree with you. I also think we're going to see the title change hands this Sunday."

Vince: "I beg your pardon?"

Heenan: "Yeah, there's no way Hogan will stay champion!"

Vince: "Stop it, Bobby Heenan, we were talking about the Intercontinental championship and you know it. Right now let's go to the ring for some more action!"

Damien Stone vs. IRS (w/ Jimmy Hart)

With Ted DiBiase talking time off, The Mountie injured and Repo Man going solo I guess IRS is Jimmy Hart's only client. Wow, Jimmy Hart with only one client. Never thought I'll see the day. IRS starts the match with some right hands and a neckbreaker. He picks Stone up and hits him with some forearms to the chest. He sends him to the ropes and hits him with a right hand to the gut and a Russian legsweep. IRS looks at Jimmy Hart, who yells 'finish him off!' Schyster waits for Stone to get up, sends him to the ropes and runs in the opposite direction. Write Off connects! IRS covers! 1...2...3! IRS makes short work of Damien Stone and lets the real matches have the air-time.

Vince: "IRS making short work of Damien Stone and I'm sure taking out a little frustration for not participating in the King of the Ring this Sunday."

Heenan: "Do you blame him? Kids like Pee Wee Walker are in the tournament and Zit Boy gets an Intercontinental title shot!"

Vince: "How do you think The Kamikaze Kid got to that title shot?! He beat IRS in a number one contender slot match! Anyway, Tony Chimel caught up with The Undertaker after his win over Rick Martel earlier. Let's go to that interview."

Chimel Time

Tony Chimel, Paul Bearer and The Undertaker are in a dark basement, which is probably The Undertaker's dressing room: "(Quietly) I'm here with Paul Bearer and The Undertaker, right after The Undertaker's big win over Rick Martel. Paul Bearer, this Sunday it's going to be a different story when the first man The Undertaker has to face in the tournament is former 2-time WWF champion, Macho Man Randy Savage."

Paul Bearer: "Oohh, Tony Chimel. Last week, after my Undertaker lost a match unfairly to MT Ninja, people have been talking. They have been saying that my Undertaker is not as strong as he used to be. They started saying he became vulnerable. Losing to wrestlers who debuted a short time ago. But I say it's not true. No, it isn't, Tony Chimel. Because last week it wasn't MT Ninja who beat my Undertaker. Nor was it Macho Man Randy Savage. It was the two of them, along with Brother Love and a breaking of the rules. But this Sunday, Tony Chimel, oooh yes! This Sunday, it's going to be a different story. There will be no MT Ninja, there will be no Brother Love, there will be no breaking of the rules. There will be one soul, that of Macho Man Randy Savage, ready for my Undertaker to bury it! Oh, yes!"

The Undertaker: "Macho Man Randy Savage...be prepared....as this Sunday...at King of the Ring...you will....rest...in...peace."

Vince: "Wow. I wouldn't want to be Macho Man Randy Savage this Sunday."

Heenan: "Don't worry, I'm sure he wouldn't want to be you either."

Vince: "Right now let's go to a pre-recorded announcement from Captain Lou Albano."

Weekly Announcement

Captain Lou Albano is sitting in a chair in the middle of the ring and the arena is empty. Much like last week's announcement, only this time with a different arena: "Hello WWF fans and Monday Night Anguish viewers. As you all must know, this Sunday is the first ever broadcasted King of the Ring tournament. In addition to the tournament itself, there will be such great matches as the WWF championship match, the Intercontinental championship match and the TV championship match. Well, in order to complete the picture, I have added a match for the WWF Tag Team titles. The current champions, The Steiner Brothers, will defend their titles against the undefeated team of Al Snow and Brian Christopher, also known as Damage Inc.. May the best team win."

Vince: "What a match it is going to be - Damage Inc. face The Steiner Brothers for the titles!"

Heenan: "McMahon, King of the Ring is going to be an extravaganza for sure with the WWF championship changing hands, the WWF Tag Team titles changing hands, the Intercontinental championship staying on the handsome waist of Shawn Michaels and the TV championship going back to the International Force where it belongs."

Vince: "I hate to agree with you, Bobby Heenan, but that is a very realistic scenario for this Sunday. We're going to take a quick commercial brake but up next are some more King of the Ring Mix matches! Stay with us!"

[Commercial brake]

PJ Walker vs. Randy Savage

We join the match with PJ Walker in surprising control and a serious of arm drags. Walker runs to the ropes and hits a shoulder tackle. He runs to the ropes and hits another one. Walker goes for a slam, but Savage pokes him in the eye. Savage slows the match a bit and hits a spinning neckbreaker. Savage sends Walker to the ropes and hits a drop toe hold. He holds on to the leg and then quickly moves in for a headlock. Walker gets an adrenaline rush from the crowd and sends Savage to the ropes. Walker hits a spinebuster out of nowhere! That took a lot out of Walker too and it takes him some time to go for the cover, which gets a very close 2 count. They get up and Walker hits a couple of right hands but Savage hits an elbow to stop the youngster's momentum. Savage picks him up and slams him hard on the mat. Savage goes for a suplex, but Walker slides out the back door. He hits a few knees to Savage's gut, but Savage pokes him in the eye again. Savage takes Walker and Irish whips him to the opposite turnbuckle. Savage goes for an avalanche, but Walker sees him coming and hits him with a boot to the face. Savage crashes to the mat and Walker covers...with his feet on the ropes! 1...2...3! Walker pulls the upset! Savage is livid and attacks Walker with right hands. Jerry Lawler then comes running down the aisle and restrains Savage. He explains something to him and Savage smiles. Lawler holds Walker's legs and Savage holds his arms. Rick Martel comes walking cockily down the aisle to boos. He gets into the ring and drops a few knees to Walker's gut. He then signals Lawler and Savage to let go and locks the Boston Crab! Walker screams in pain and suddenly the arena goes dark. The Undertaker's gongs are heard and when the lights come back on, the heels are out of the ring and Walker rolls out of the ring in agony.

PJ Walker gained overness from this match.

Vince: "Come Sunday, Macho Man Randy Savage will have no place to run! He'll have to face The Undertaker!"

Heenan: "He'll not only face The Undertaker, he'll beat The Undertaker! He's going to kill him!"

Vince: "The Undertaker is already dead, Bobby Heenan."

Heenan: "So he'll bring him back to life just so he can kill him again."

Vince: "Right now let's go to some pre-recorded comments from the WWF champion."

Pre-recorded

Hulk Hogan is standing in the pre-recorded comments studio. This week's background is: Green! I guess Hulkamania isn't running wild as far as the background colors of the pre-recorded comments are concerned: "Well, you know something, little Hulkamaniacs? This Sunday the time finally comes! King of the Ring! A king will be crowned and a number contender for this (Points at the WWF championship) will be determined but most importantly - The Hulkster finally faces off against The International Force. So, yeah, The Hulkster doesn't know who he's facing this Sunday, but it doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter. The Hulkster has one thing that all the International Force members lack and that is this (Points at his heart), Brother. It doesn't mean a whole lot if your last name is Hart but you don't have one. The Hulkster, with a whole lot of heart and a whole lot of soul is going into that match as the underdog, or so many people believe. Many people think that The Hulkster, the red the white and the blue aren't the favorites in the WWF championship match this Sunday. But they're all forgetting one thing, Brother. The Hulkster says his prayers, drinks his milks and takes his vitamins. The Hulkster is fighting from the heart and fighting with all he's got. And most importantly - The Hulkster has all his little Hulkamaniacs behind him. All the little dudes and dudetts just waiting for Hulkamania to run wild all over The International Force this Sunday. So then, International Force, what are you gonna do this Sunday when Hulkamania runs wild on you?!"

Vince: "There's only one Hulk Hogan."

Heenan: "And thank god for that."

Vince: "Bobby Heenan, you...(Listens to his earpiece) Wait a minute. I'm getting word something is going on backstage. I understand we have our cameras there! Let's go to them!"

Backstage Action

Owen Hart is manhandling Darren Malenko backstage with right hands. He picks him up and Irish whips him into some trash cans. He then proceeds to hit him with right hands while screaming that the TV title is his. He kicks Malenko a couple of times and officials come and restrain him. Owen breaks loose and hits a couple of more kicks until Mr. Perfect comes running to the scene and Owen makes a run for it.

Vince: "What shape is Darren Malenko going to be in for his match Sunday after that cowardly act by Owen Hart?!"

Heenan: "It doesn't matter what shape he'll be in. Either way, he's going down."

Vince: "We'll just see about that. Right now let's go to Gorilla Monsoon with a very special King of the Ring preview. Take it away, Gorilla."

King of the Ring Preview

Gorilla Monsoon is standing in his regular preview set, with the King of the Ring logo on the TV screen behind him: "Hi everyone, I'm Gorilla Monsoon and this is the King of the Ring preview. What an event it's going to be. 8 men in an elimination tournament for the crown, the thrown and that title shot at Summerslam. (Jeff Patriot action appears on the screen.) Jeff Patriot is the first one we'll look at. Although it seems like he's been here for years, Jeff debuted only less than 3 months ago. Ever since he's been very impressive and many people think he's going to pull the upset over guys who were much longer here. (Razor Ramon action appears on the screen.) But first he has to go through Razor Ramon. Razor is also still considered a rooky, having been here for less than a year. He's surprised many people when he pinned The Undertaker at Wrestlemania and he is considered one of the favorites. (The Dynamite Kid action appears on the screen.) The Dynamite Kid is one of the veterans of the tournament. He made his re-debut this year at The Royal Rumble and got a very impressive win over the number one contender for the Intercontinental championship, The Kamikaze Kid. (Bob Backlund action appears on the screen.) And speaking of veterans, former 3 time WWF champion Bob Backlund is on the right track to a title shot at Summerslam and a record 12 years between two title wins. It should be a very interesting encounter between an All-American and an International Force member. (PJ Walker action appears on the screen) PJ Walker has made a huge way from a loser image in the beginning of the year to one of the top 8 guys in the company. PJ is an underdog in this tournament, but that hasn't stopped him before, including a Wrestlemania win in his record. (Rick Martel action appears on the screen) He'll be facing an irate Rick Martel, who's been looking for Walker ever since Walker pinned him a couple of months ago. Martel and his manager, Jerry Lawler, have been dreaming about this title shot every since they started working together and they're not going to lose this shot without a fight. (A few Randy Savage-The Undertaker confrontations appear on the screen) The two clear favorites to win this tournament are Macho Man Randy Savage and The Undertaker. Both former WWF champions, both lost at Wrestlemania and want a win to get back on track and both want a piece of each other. Winning the tournament may not be the first thing on their mind, but it could very well happen to either of them. (Darren Malenko and Owen Hart action appears on the screen) Another interesting confrontation this Sunday will be for the TV championship. The Mountie won the title at the beginning of the year and thus became the first champion, but an injury left him no choice but to vacate the title. A tournament was held and Owen Hart and Darren Malenko advanced to the finals. Hart wants to retrieve the title to The International Force, a stable which The Mountie associates himself with; Malenko wants the title he thinks he deserved ever since he first challenged The Mountie for it. (Damage Inc. action appears on the screen) The most recent announced match for Sunday is the one for the Tag Team titles. Damage Inc. are the new team on the block and they are undefeated so far. Either their streak will end this Sunday or we'll have new champions. (A few Shawn Michaels-Kamikaze Kid confrontations appear on the screen) One of the most anticipated encounters this Sunday is the one for the Intercontinental championship. Shawn Michaels has been a very dominant champion every since he won the title back in October of last year. The Kamikaze Kid can make history by becoming the youngest Intercontinental champion of all-time. Many believe this will be a 50-50 match, but one thing is fore: This will be a most fascinating encounter. (Hulk Hogan action appears on the screen) Probably the most anticipated encounter of the night is also the most unclear one. Hulk Hogan will defend his WWF championship against an International Force member, but who will it be is a different story. The International Force can send whoever they want and The Hulkster will have to give it his all in order to keep the WWF championship in proud American hands. (The logo appears again on the screen) King of the Ring should be a great event and if you don't order it, well you don't know what you're missing! I'm Gorilla Monsoon, saying see you Sunday!"

Vince: "Thank you, Gorilla. What a Pay-per-View it's going to be."

Heenan: "Why did they let Monkey Breath do the preview and not me?"

Vince: "I'm not even going to respond to that. (Jeff Patriot's music starts) I guess it's time for some more King of the Ring Mix action!"

Jeff Patriot vs. The Dynamite Kid (w/ Brother Love)

Patriot starts the match off with excitement and a couple of right hands. Patriot gets a headlock and The Dynamite Kid sends him to the ropes. Backdrop connects and Patriot is down. The Kid kicks him a couple of times and drops an elbow right to the face. Cover gets a close 2 count. The Kid picks Patriot up and sends him to the ropes. He goes for a sleeper, but Patriot counters it into a back suplex. Both men are down and the momentum continues to shift until a spinning neckbreaker by Patriot almost gets the win. Patriot picks The Kid up and hits a full nelson slam. He covers again and again only gets a close 2 count. Patriot gets up and signals for the end. He picks The Kid up and hits the Death Valley Driver! Cover! 1...2...no! The Kid gets his shoulder up and Patriot is in shock. Patriot goes to the second rope but a fist drop misses. The Kid gets up quickly and goes to the top rope. Patriot gets up and The Dynamite Kid finds the mark with a cross body! 1...2...no! Patriot kicks out. The Kid picks Patriot up and sends him to the ropes. Spinning kick misses and Patriot hits a flying forearm on the rebound. They're both down again and get up when the ref reaches a 7 count. Patriot hits a couple of right hands but The Kid responds with a thumb to the eye. The ref tells him that's not nice and Patriot runs to the ropes. Brother Love trips him. The Dynamite Kid continues to dominate the fallen Patriot with kicks when Bob Backlund comes running down the aisle. The Dynamite Kid signals for the Swandive Headbutt when Backlund starts hitting Love with right hands. The Kid is distracted and that's enough for Jeff Patriot to capitalize and hit The Kid with a couple of shots to the guts. Patriot climbs to the second rope...and hits The Superplex! He covers! 1...2...3! Patriot gets the win and Backlund goes into the ring. Love and The Dynamite Kid are helped to the back by International Force members and officials.

Jeff Patriot gained overness from this match.

Bob Backlund vs. Razor Ramon

Backlund stays in the ring and MT Ninja stays at ringside. Ramon comes out and Howard Finkel says that the referee told him that MT Ninja or any International Force stay near the ring during the match, The Dynamite Kid will be disqualified and thus automatically eliminated from the King of the Ring tournament. The crowd pops and Razor hits Backlund with some open hand shots. Razor picks Backlund up and slams him. Cover gets 2. Razor waits for Backlund to get up and hits a clothesline. Razor goes for another one, but Backlund ducks and hits a couple of right hands. Backlund uses all his strength to get a back suplex. Cover gets 2. Backlund quickly locks The Crossface Chickenwing! Razor quickly gets to the ropes, though. I honestly thought that'll be the end, with so little time left for the show. Anyway, Backlund pushes Razor back in and Razor headbutts him on the gut. Razor goes back in and hits a DDT. Razor picks him up and signals for the end. Razor's Edge connects! Razor covers an unconscious Backlund! 1...2...3! Razor Ramon gets the clean victory! Vince speculates whether he will be the King of the Ring as Anguish finishes.

Overall rating: 72

TV rating: 7.23

Nice King of the Ring preview show. Rick Martel won't be King of the Ring. That's just a fact after what we saw here. The Kamikaze Kid-Ric Flair should be interesting, with or without the title on the line. As we all know, an impressing squash means storyline involvement in the near future, so expect to see more IRS. I'm still not sure about who my gamble for King of the Ring is as there are great reasons for any one of the 7 (I told you, Martel WON'T win it.) There should be a Newsflash preview soon, so I guess they'll talk about it in more details. There are two things I especially liked about this show: Malenko was "injured" by Owen Hart, so there is an excuse if he walks out before KotR. The second one was no Bret Hart. They're playing it safe here as well.

WWF King of the Ring 1993 - Official Preview!

Live on Pay-per-View from Dayton, Ohio, WWF presents King of the Ring 1993! 8 men fight in an elimination tournament to determine this year's King of the Ring, who will go on to wrestle the WWF champion at Summerslam!

King of the Ring quarter-finals match: Jeff Patriot vs. Razor Ramon

This is Jeff Patriot's first WWF Pay-per-View appearance. He defeated Damien Demento to enter the tournament. He will be facing Razor Ramon, who will be making his 4th WWF Pay-per-View appearance. Ramon defeated Darren Malenko to enter the tournament. Both are considered underdogs in this tournament but can also surprise the more experienced wrestlers in this tournament.

King of the Ring quarter-finals match: The Dynamite Kid (w/ Brother Love) vs. Bob Backlund

The Dynamite Kid represents The International Force in this battle, while Backlund, a proud All-American is representing his country. Both men hold an in-ring victory over each other and this battle will settle this feud once and for all. The Dynamite Kid has the chance to bring the King of the Ring crown to The International Force. Backlund has the chance to prevent that and proudly win this tournament for his country.

King of the Ring quarter-finals match: PJ Walker vs. The Model Rick Martel (w/ Jerry Lawler)

PJ Walker surprised the world when he pinned Rick Martel in March. Martel has vowed to get revenge and has been trying to ever since. Walker, on the other hand, wants to prove his March win wasn't a fluke and get a 2-0 advantage on Martel. Both will have the chance this Sunday. With the winner advancing to the semi-finals, Walker could pull one of the biggest upsets in WWF history by winning the tournament. Martel, after 13 years in the WWF, has the chance to finally take the giant step towards the WWF championship.

King of the Ring quarter-finals match: Macho Man Randy Savage vs. The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

One of the major favorites to win the tournament will be eliminated in the quarter-finals. It will either be Savage or The Undertaker. Both are former WWF champions and both want a piece of each other. Savage has been insulted by getting Tombstone Piledrived after interrupting an Undertaker match in March. He's been attacking The Undertaker, physically and verbally, every since. Both have the chance to finally get rid of each other and go back to those glory days of being WWF champion. But who will take it?

King of the Ring semi-finals match #1: Jeff Patriot/Razor Ramon vs. Macho Man Randy Savage/The Undertaker

King of the Ring semi-finals match #2: The Dynamite Kid/Bob Backlund vs. PJ Walker/The Model Rick Martel

King of the Ring finals (Winner gets a WWF title shot at Summerslam): Jeff Patriot/Razor Ramon/Macho Man Randy Savage/The Undertaker vs. The Dynamite Kid/Bob Backlund/PJ Walker/The Model Rick Martel

TV championship tournament finals: Darren Malenko (w/ Mr. Perfect) vs. Owen Hart

The first ever WWF champion was The Mountie. Unfortunately, he was injured last April and it was decided that the new champion will be the winner of a tournament. Owen Hart, who defeated Bob Backlund and The Undertaker to get to the finals, wants to retrieve the belt to The International Force, but Darren Malenko, who defeated Rick Martel and Repo Man to get to the finals, thinks the belt should have been his ever since he challenged The Mountie for it last March.

Intercontinental championship: The Kamikaze Kid (w/ Jim Cornette) vs. Shawn Michaels ©

Ever since The Kamikaze Kid defeated IRS to become the number one contender for Shawn Michaels' Intercontinental title, one word has been on his mind: History. At the age of 24, he has the chance to become the youngest Intercontinental champion of all time. Shawn Michaels, on the other hand, wants to stay a dominant champion and make it through the next 4 months, in order to complete a dominant year of reigning as the champion.

Tag Team championship: Damage Inc. vs. The Steiner Brothers ©

Damage Inc. have debuted over a month ago, and have been undefeated ever since. The obvious thing to do was put them against the team that is considered the best, the champions. A fascinating tag team match is ahead of us as we'll finally know who the best tag team in the WWF is.

WWF championship: Hulk Hogan © vs. ???

The WWF champion, Hulk Hogan, is a real American. That we know. He will be defending his title against an International Force member this Sunday. That we also know. The big question is who will it be? Being the proud American that he is, Hogan wanted to defend his country's honor by facing any International Force member in the ring. The International Force took full advantage of that and one member of The Force will be challenging Hogan for the title. It is a rare occasion when Hogan is not the favorite, but without knowing who he will be challenging against, that might be the case.

Don't you dare miss WWF King of the Ring! Live on Pay-per-View this Sunday, June 13th!

Predictions are, as always, more than welcomed.

Newsflash! King of the Ring 1993 Preview!

* TV championship tournament finals: Darren Malenko (w/ Mr. Perfect) vs. Owen Hart

This was a lot easier a week ago, but now Malenko is threatening leaving the WWF, even BEFORE his match with Owen. Malenko feuded over the championship with The Mountie, until Mountie was injured. Owen lost an Intercontinental championship feud back in March, so the TV championship could be a consolation prize. Two scenarios are possible here: Malenko winning the title, built as a credible champion with The Mountie returning and claiming that Malenko never beat him OR Owen winning the title, The Mountie returning as a face that changed his ways.

Our prediction: The Mountie as the next champion.

* Intercontinental championship: The Kamikaze Kid (w/ Jim Cornette) vs. Shawn Michaels ©

Probably the most interesting match for the title since Michaels won it last year. A really tough one to predict here. The history factor is very strong here, concerning The Kamikaze Kid but on the other hand, why would Shawn agree to job a 24 year old kid who was considered just another jobber up until only a few months ago.

Our prediction: Shawn retaining.

* WWF Tag Team championship: Damage Inc. vs. The Steiner Brothers ©

The obvious choice here is the undefeated team who is taking the federation by storm but sources told Newsflash that The Steiners are refusing to job to the new-comers. Our sources are very reliable and if they don't want to job, they won't job.

Our prediction: The Steiners retaining.

* WWF championship: Hulk Hogan © vs. ???

The most talked about match around here in a long time. Three possible scenarios here: Hogan takes on Bret, Bret wins the title and agrees to stay with the WWF; Hogan takes on Bret, Bret doesn't renew his contract with the WWF, which ends next month, and Hogan retains and of course the scenario that the WWF have been trying to prevent ever since Bret started making problems, which is Bret walking out before the match and Hogan taking on another International Force member, and of course retaining. Since Bret wins the title on one scenario and Hogan on two...

Our prediction: Hogan retaining.

* The tournament

We predict a face champion at Summerslam, which means he will take on a heel. If we don't get into turns as such, that only leaves us with Razor Ramon, Rick Martel, The Dynamite Kid and Macho Man Randy Savage. Martel let The Undertaker squash him last Monday, so obviously he's out. Each of the remaining three has great chances as Razor wasn't involved in a major storyline since teaming with Ric Flair, The Dynamite Kid-Hulk Hogan is the ultimate USA-International Force confrontation and Savage and Hogan have an on-going history. We'll go with some wishful thinking on this one.

Our prediction: The Dynamite Kid