Sequals

Laice07

Before Terminator 3 I said it should never have been made. I saw it and it was a pretty good film, but it lacked something. Maybe it shouldnt have been made, but it was still pretty decent.

Also, I think that Bill and Teds Bogus Journey(or whatever it was called, the sequel) was better than the first.

And yeah, they SHOULD have stopped at JP 2. The first one is one of my favourite films and the second one was kinda crap. The third one was quite meh

Good Sequels:

X2 - Quite possibly the best sequel to a film (in relation to the quality of the first). Much better than the first.

Both Indiana Jones films - I love all three, and Sean Connery playing a seemingly confused old man = gold!

Blade II - On par with the first, some may say better. Excellent film.

Bad Sequels:

The Batman films - They slowly got worse after the first film. The second was very good, but not AS good. Batman & Robin was balls.

I'll add more when I think of them.

Home Alone 3 and 4.

1 and 2 were gold. Joe Pesci>*

Jurrasic Park 2/3 etc, Austin Powers Goldmember, Starship Troopers 2 and Jason 3 onwards were all shit-tacular.

Godfather II was better than I. Just. Does Kill Bill 2 count? As a cinematic experience I thought it was better than I, but then again it was all one movie technically...

Sequals that ruined/tainted a legacy:

Jungle Book 2

The Little Mermaid 2

The Lion King 2

Sequals that were amazing:

Toy Story II

Sequals that Should/Could be made:

A Prequal to the Ring, where we see Samara Morgan and what exactly happened to her, plus the making of the tape. Would be hard to do though.

The Back to the Future Trilogy was good. Probably the best.

Toy Story 2

Austin Powers 2

Terminator 2

Bad Sequels/Prequels

Star Wars

Batman & Robin

The Lion King 2 + 3

To be honest though I actually kind of like Rock V & VI, I mean they're not THAT bad.

Sequals that Should/Could be made:

A Prequal to the Ring, where we see Samara Morgan and what exactly happened to her, plus the making of the tape. Would be hard to do though.

Well, Ringu 0 served as a prequel to Ringu (The Japanese Ring) so If the other two Ring movies get remade, we might possibly see this happening

Edited by Ruckus

Bad Sequels

Barber Shop 2 - While it wasn't a bad movie it just felt like I was watching Barber Shop again with one small change in the story.

Star Wars - The originals are classics. Phantom Menace was good. Attack of the clones bored me...and I walked out of the theater about an hour into the film and don't remember any of the first hour.

I might edit later with more.

Good Sequels

Matrix 2 and 3 - I know a lot of you hate them, but I loved them and I feel they were not only as good as the first but combined they were better than the first and pushed the movie to a whole new level of greatness.

Lord of the Rings - Granted they were required to finish the story, but never the less they were amazing.

Austin Powers 2 and 3 - They could continue making A.P. movies for years to come and I'll still hit the theater and buy the DVD's.

2 Fast 2 Furious - Unlike most people I think this was as good as the first.

Should be made

American version of the prequel to The Ring.

The Fast and The Furious 3 - I think they've got one more sequel in this franchise. Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Ludacris and Tyrese all in the same movie would own.

Bad Sequels

Men In Black 2

Every Star Wars prequel

Whole Ten Yards

Analyze That

Final Destination 2

Batman & Robin (There was nothing wrong with Clooney as Batman. The thing that really lets this movie down is the script. The dialogue is fucking atrocious)

The Matrix Revolutions (I thought Reloaded was ok, but this movie is the worst possible conclusion to the series. It was a bunch of special effects topped off with a duel between Smith and Neo which had very little drama involved. Then they finished off with an almost cliffhanger, anticlimatic ending. Terrible)

Good Sequels

Godfather Part 2 (The parts of Vito Corleone/Robbie D were ultimatly the reason why I love the movie so much)

Austin Powers 2 (Dr Evil and mini-Me made that movie)

American Pie 2 (Haven't seen Wedding, but this made me laugh harder than the first)

Can't think of any other good ones at the moment.

Guest Red Devil

The Bad Sequels for me are Rocky V and the third Matrix, completely ruined the Matrix films for me. I had heard that there would be a sequel to Meet The Parents, loved the first one so has anyone got any news on it?

Men in Black 2 is a horrible sequal, I can't belive I couldn't think of that. It didn't feel like a movie, so rushed and so pointless. As for a good sequal: Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban, not really a sequal but oh well.

The Back to the Future Trilogy was good. Probably the best.

Toy Story 2

Austin Powers 2

Terminator 2

Bad Sequels/Prequels

Star Wars

Batman & Robin

The Lion King 2 + 3

To be honest though I actually kind of like Rock V & VI, I mean they're not THAT bad.

Gotta disagree. Back to the Future 2 sucked monkey crackers. I never forget the reaction from everyone in the theater when "To Be Continued" popped up on the screen.

Now, my pick for worst ever sequel...has to be Alien Resurrection, the fourth film in the Alien series. The first one was very good (dated *very* little despite coming out in 1979), but the second.......*cums*......It just so happens to be my favorite movie of all time. The third was ass (killing off the other two survivors off camera at the beginning of the movie completely negated the point of the previous film), but nothing compares to the horrible abortion known as AR. The acting is so wooden that termites get dry-heaves from it. There's one scene in particular. The "evil" general guy at the beginning of the movie ("evil" my ass... More like Eugene after getting a caramel enema from Paul Reubens) gets killed...sorta. The Alien shoots his jaw-thingy into the back of the guy's head. He nosells it, puts his hand to the back of his head, pulls outa piece of brainstem(!), and proceeds to look at it like it was a booger. WTF?!

Edited by Billy Castillo

Guest bruins72

Bad Sequels

Final Destination 2

I actually enjoyed this movie. I know it wasn't meant to be a comedy but I found myself laughing through it. I think I actually liked it more than the original because it was so funny. If it was just a horror or supernatural suspense type thing, I wouldn't have enjoyed it so much.

Gotta disagree. Back to the Future 2 sucked monkey crackers. I never forget the reaction from everyone in the theater when "To Be Continued" popped up on the screen.

I loved the original Back To The Future movie but I thought the sequels were watered down. I enjoyed little bits of those movies but overall I was disappointed with them.