Continuing the UK trend POLL

Liam

Who is the better band?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best band of these two?

• Radiohead
    • Muse

I'm not a big fan of either, my brother adores them, but I've never seen much fuss about them. Matt Bellamy's voice has never hurt my ears to listen to, though, so Muse win by default.

Muse > Radiohead. Easily.

Edited by Kid Britain

Muse. I like both. But Muse are a lot easier to listen to. And on a whole I think they're probably more consistent than Radiohead. I'm yet to find a Muse song that I can go "I don't like that".

Edited by YI

http://media.putfile.com/Muse-Supermassive-Black-Hole

I think this new song be Muse shows how shite they really are....

How is that song shite? It's got a nice riff. It's something a bit different for Muse, and has a sweet chorus. Granted it's nowhere near their best work, but I wouldn't say it was shite. The chorus in itself makes it more than listenable.

Ack I love both of them.

Errrrrrrrm if I look at who I tend to listen to more.....Muse.

I don't think they 'ripped off' Radiohead, I think they just picked up where Radiohead left off at that time. Both groups ARE important to British music for their attempts at trying different stuff.

I don't think Muse ripped off Radiohead as much as they did Jeff Buckley.

But anyway, everyone rips off someone so it doesn't matter. I prefer Radiohead because of "OK Computer" and "Kid A"... two of my five favorite albums ever. Plus I made out with a total bitch once while Muse was playing, totally kills the band for me.

Note to self, play shitty music when on dates.

Edited by damshow

Muse all the way.

I'm not a huge fan of either, but I like half a dozen or so Muse songs, and find Radiohead to be unappealing and incredibly overrated (I don't see how OK Computer keeps getting voted No.1 album).

And that new Muse song is pretty awesome actually. Great riff.

I don't think Muse ripped off Radiohead or Jeff Buckley. His voice is similar to Buckley's, but you can't just "rip off" a voice like that, that's something that has to come naturally. Even if Buckley was a huge influence, you can't just think "I like that voice, I'm going to sing like that" and have it work.

As for Radiohead, I've never seen the comparison at all. Muse are heavier, less experimental, and generally completely different. I don't see it.

I think it was quite possibly Radiohead fans themselves who probably stated it....I just put what I'd read. It was around the time Muse released thier first album, but most of those accusations had gone by the time they'd moved onto thier second and away from that sound.