Madden 2007

Cole

Preview

It sounds really, really good. The addition of the new moves for speed HB's plus the additions to superstar mode (with the cameras for all the positions etc) makes it much, much better as I hated that mode last year.

What else...I can't really think of too much at this point.

Discuss.

(Scheduled Release Date Is Sometime August, Can't Remember When)

And before anyone mentions it being too early, I just wanna discuss it as I'm really pumped up for the three games that EA is putting out in the next couple months (you'll see my topics for the other two soon, I'm sure) this being one.

Edited by Cole

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to it, but I wish that the 360 version didn't get some stuff that the current-gen aren't going to have and vice versa. Mainly, the 360 will have the combine and the PS2/X-Box won't, but the 360 won't have the SS mode. :(

A few new features that I'm very excited about is there is going to be some ESPN stuff mixed in like NFL 2k5. Game Summaries. Basicly Madden 07 is going to be the NFL Coach Game (due out June 20th) with add ons. I'm really excited about being able to control the offensive line. I get so pissed when I try and run the ball and guys get in the way.

Yea..nothing has ever pissed me off more then the run blocking. When I'm running around the corner with the fullback there to throw blocks, why does he turn away from the defender 2 yards away and instead block one 10 yards away!

I always hated the blocking on punt returns. Hopefully that can be fixed as punt returns are an important aspect of football.

100% agreed. PR Middle is utterly useless as none of the blockers turn around, so you have six guys watching as seven defenders charge at you as you try to field the punt.

• 3 months later...

So what's going on with the UK release date of Madden 07? It's supposed to be August 25th, but Play.com and GAME list the Xbox 360 version's release date as September 8th, even though other platforms still have the release date as August 25th. And some websites still list the release as being August 25th (even the official EA site). Anyone know anything about this?

I'm really looking forward to it, but I wish that the 360 version didn't get some stuff that the current-gen aren't going to have and vice versa. Mainly, the 360 will have the combine and the PS2/X-Box won't, but the 360 won't have the SS mode. :(

Actually, the 360 does have Superstar mode this time.

Actually, the 360 does have Superstar mode this time.

The fact that you only play as your superstar will definitely help superstar mode feel like a different mode. But I hope they add more feedback-type stuff to the mode. It sucks to like win the superbowl or break a record and get no feedback whatsoever....or as last year "The Buccaneers have won the superbowl." when I won with my Superstar QB.

The thing I don't like is that you can automatically make yourself the starter. While I support this as an option, I hope (though I doubt) they'll allow you to earn it through your play. My feeling is that the computer will probably change you to the starter automatically if you have a higher overall rating, but it would be nice if it was based on your play...especially in the preseason. I support the ability to start yourself only because it would suck to get drafted as a QB by the Colts for example, and be stuck behind Peyton Manning for years and years.

The other thing I'd like to see in the game that I don't think is in it (based on previews that I've read/seen) is the ability to both negotiate (at least to some extent) your contract after being drafted, and a credible use for your salary (even if it's just accumulated for bragging rights or something). That way you really do feel some need to go to the team that pays you the most, or at least money would be a factor that way.

However, I think these things will be coming in the future. I should just be happy that they're moving in the right direction with Superstar mode (which is a mode I've been hungering for since...well quite a long time before they created it).

i just hope that most of the positions are fun to play.

The fact that you only play as your superstar will definitely help superstar mode feel like a different mode. But I hope they add more feedback-type stuff to the mode. It sucks to like win the superbowl or break a record and get no feedback whatsoever....or as last year "The Buccaneers have won the superbowl." when I won with my Superstar QB.

The thing I don't like is that you can automatically make yourself the starter. While I support this as an option, I hope (though I doubt) they'll allow you to earn it through your play. My feeling is that the computer will probably change you to the starter automatically if you have a higher overall rating, but it would be nice if it was based on your play...especially in the preseason. I support the ability to start yourself only because it would suck to get drafted as a QB by the Colts for example, and be stuck behind Peyton Manning for years and years.

The other thing I'd like to see in the game that I don't think is in it (based on previews that I've read/seen) is the ability to both negotiate (at least to some extent) your contract after being drafted, and a credible use for your salary (even if it's just accumulated for bragging rights or something). That way you really do feel some need to go to the team that pays you the most, or at least money would be a factor that way.

However, I think these things will be coming in the future. I should just be happy that they're moving in the right direction with Superstar mode (which is a mode I've been hungering for since...well quite a long time before they created it).

i just hope that most of the positions are fun to play.

I would love the option to holdout on a contract in like the training camp and stuff like that. Negotiating contracts after the draft would be a great addition too. I think they could have a lot of things to improve on, but I think this year will still be a huge upgrade.

I have already bought the game on preorder from EB, it looks to be awesome. I'm excited, as this looks to be the first great game in my opinion for the 360; none of the other games have been that enjoyable to me.

I'm semi excited for this, I played NCAA 07 about as much as I've seemed to in previous years, a little just getting bored with it after a bit. I'll probably get back to playing that once College Ball starts up.

Back onto Madden. I didn't pre-order this or anything, but I'm assuming I'll be alright, if they don't have it at the EB I usually get stuff from, I'll go to the other one close to me, or Best Buy...I'm not too worried.