Madden 2007

Cole

I'm not too worried about getting bored....with Madden 06 on the XBOX, I played it from release day to about April of this year. Thats a long time on one game for me, I only tend to do that with the Madden series of games because I can always get into the games.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're asking whether or not you should get it if you don't know American Football I'd say yes. You can catch on very quickly. When I was younger I actually learned football through Madden so with the way it is today you could easily learn football from Madden.

I've had it pre-ordered for about a month for the 360 now. I'm looking forward to the Superstar mode this year. Didn't get to use it last year seeing as the 360 version didn't have it.

Hopefully EA manage to get the patch up for the fatigue glitch on the 360 version within a week of release.

I hear the PC version is only $27.99 this year, and they've been paying much more attention to it than in past years. My PC is good enough that the graphics are about the same as an XBOX, and since the only console I own is a PS2 anyway, I might go PC this year.

Just read IGN's review. They gave it 8.3, which is ok, but I was hoping for better frankly.

With the changes they made this year it sounded like it was going to be the best Madden yet, but the reviewer had more negative to say than good.

Still gonna rent it and try it myself though. If I can find it in.

Got it this morning, PC version. They cut back on a few of the audio updates. Madden still commentates rather than the radio guy which made me sad. Tony Bruno show is still around, and like Madden's commentary, it has not changed at all. That really pissed me off, actually, mostly because it's changed completely for the other versions.

The field texture change is nice, looks much better, but that seems to be the only really noticeable graphics update unless you play on the 360.

The 40 yard dash blows, it's just tapping a button as fast as you can, and it seems like no matter how fast I tap it my time sucks.

Playing on All Madden, I really need sliders. The games are very unrealistic so far, but it was that way with '06 too until sliders came out. I will play with it and try to make my own here in a bit.

Noticing how far back the rosters are is also a drag. I mean, that's to be expected and they'll get it updated pretty quickly, but I still wish I could have something more recent. Shaun King isn't even playing for my Colts.

The "revamped" Superstar mode seems the exact same with the exception that you play only your own position. That, by itself, is great, but it should have been there to begin with. So we basically get the superstar mode that should have been '06, and the feature probably won't be all that fun until '08 or '09.

The gameplay is nearly identical with the exception of the new features, also to be expected. The 360 version has updated kicking but the PC version does not.

PC version also missed out on the nifty home team intros, which I suspect may be 360-exclusive.

I really had high expectations, but normally I can't put Madden down these first few days and this feels like the same exact game with a different layout to me. The ratings seem spottier than usual as well.

I haven't really been able to give the game it's fair shake yet, but it seems as though if you're not playing on 360, it's a game you can happily wait until the rush is over to pick it up.

I got it about two hours ago and just took a break from it. It's still fun, but it seems way too much like last years. I like superstar mode, it's almost identical to last years with the exception of playing as your player. But on the upside, they have Audioslave "Revelations" in the game so it gets a (Y) from me.

I got it about two hours ago and just took a break from it. It's still fun, but it seems way too much like last years. I like superstar mode, it's almost identical to last years with the exception of playing as your player. But on the upside, they have Audioslave "Revelations" in the game so it gets a (Y) from me.

If you get it on the 360, you basically get Madden '06 with a proper superstar mode, a new running play feature I have not used, better graphics, and new commentary.

If you don't get it on the 360 you get Madden '06, proper superstar mode, and a new running feature.

Oh, and some field textures.

Not really worth creaming over, but that said, I was playing Madden '06 up to yesterday so it's still very much enjoyable.