Madden 2007

Cole

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started playing superstar mode, and i kind of like it, but I -really- wish they had accelerated the other side of the ball more when you're not playing it. It's supposed to be "accelerated" according to the manual that came with it, but it's still incredibly slow and boring to watch the defense on the field if you're on offense.

They do come to the line right away and snap the ball though, so if you can call that accelerated...I guess it is.

I had more fun when I learned how to change the view in superstar mode to a more managable normal madden view rather than the side view they had me playing from. Turns out circle changes these views in Superstar mode. I do kind of miss commentary playing superstar mode, but I can understand that it's more realistic this way. I just want to hear the announcers talk about me :P

If you get it on the 360, you basically get Madden '06 with a proper superstar mode, a new running play feature I have not used, better graphics, and new commentary.

If you don't get it on the 360 you get Madden '06, proper superstar mode, and a new running feature.

Oh, and some field textures.

Not really worth creaming over, but that said, I was playing Madden '06 up to yesterday so it's still very much enjoyable.

But you also get a reliable online service.

Just starting superstar mode (Again, that's all I've played so far) and I noticed a couple things. Number one, you can no longer choose just any position. No more taking that burner wide receiver and turning him into a mediocre QB with speed.

However, the game has a way of basically letting you copy-cat certain superstars basic stats by messages like: "Your father was the Michael Vick of his time." which gave me a QB with very high speed (95 speed) and high throwing power and actually decent accuracy (something like 91 thp 88 acc) and a total overall rating of 88 which is the same as Brett Favre (and coincidentally, I went to Green Bay).

While this is cool and all....I liked the fact that in 06 you had to really get luck to have outrageous-type stats such as 90+ speed for a QB (or my 95 speed defensive end)....you had to have like a dual threat father...and a sprinter or relay running mother, which ended up being quite rare.

Though I do like the fact that you can set the look of your superstar no matter what now. I hated the fact that in 06 you would find a really great combination of parents, only to find that the guy had the wrong skin color or looked stupid.

meh...anyways...enough ranting..back to playing.

Just starting superstar mode (Again, that's all I've played so far) and I noticed a couple things. Number one, you can no longer choose just any position. No more taking that burner wide receiver and turning him into a mediocre QB with speed.

However, the game has a way of basically letting you copy-cat certain superstars basic stats by messages like: "Your father was the Michael Vick of his time." which gave me a QB with very high speed (95 speed) and high throwing power and actually decent accuracy (something like 91 thp 88 acc) and a total overall rating of 88 which is the same as Brett Favre (and coincidentally, I went to Green Bay).

While this is cool and all....I liked the fact that in 06 you had to really get luck to have outrageous-type stats such as 90+ speed for a QB (or my 95 speed defensive end)....you had to have like a dual threat father...and a sprinter or relay running mother, which ended up being quite rare.

Though I do like the fact that you can set the look of your superstar no matter what now. I hated the fact that in 06 you would find a really great combination of parents, only to find that the guy had the wrong skin color or looked stupid.

I remember in 06 one of the guys I made had a HoF wide receiver for a dad and a world class sprinter for a mom. I made him a half back and came in with a speed of 95 and an overall rating of 94. I was still noly drafted in the 2nd round <_<

Now I'm a 6', 220lbs QB who ran the 40 in 5.98 seconds and did 20 reps of 225lbs. My speed is a 58, but my throw power is 98, acc is 88 and awr is 90. Basically I'm a young Brett Favre. I was drafted by the Jets in the 2nd round and became a starter right away over Chad Pennington (Y)

My HB got drafted by the Steelers in the 2nd round (imported from NCAA). I was originally playing under Parker until he went out for the season in week 4 and I finally got some play time. After that I was boosted to an 89 OVR and was the starter on the Steelers. I lost to the Colts in the Conference Championship though, but made it to the pro bowl. I just saved this one and I'm about to import my RE and see how he does. I still hate how the XBOX version doesn't have the jump the snap feature but the 360 does.

I got the thing in my DNA that compared me to Favre, and then was drafted by the Packers where I was just a few overalll worse than Favre, and was set to take over for him aat the end of the season. I got bored, though.

I don't like SS mode because accelerated clock gets all fucked up in it.

Edited by That One Guy

I just bought the PS2 version (To play while I pull the resources together for an Xbox 360) I have the feeling this will ultimately be the same as last year, only with lead blocking, highlight stick and new rosters.

:ohwell:

Oh Cole you'll love the 360 version even more.

Because soon you'll love the 360

Embrace Microsoft Cole, its your friend, it won't hurt you

Edited by Maxx

A few impressions on the 360 version after 1 hour of play

1. The achievements require a lot of work with the game to get, no more easy 1000 points.

2. The kick meter I will always find confusing

3. The menu music on the whole is ok but worse then most years

Edited by Corizzle

I know what you mean with that. In 06 I imported myself from NCAA. I went from a 6'0, 215lbs white halfback with a shaved head, to a 6'3, 220lbs black halfback with a fro... :shifty:

After the second anual "Piss Around With Superstar Mode And Leave Unimpressed" ended, I've decided to go with Clawson's recomendation and play with the cards. Hopefully my defense will step up, I always had trouble with Offense in last years version but my D was a wall (Playing with the Bills, held the Colts to 3 points, beating them 6-3 and then winning the Superbowl 14-3)

I did play a game while in the superstar mode, as I guessed it's essentially the same thing just with lead blocking, highlight stick and updated rosters.

It should be a good tie over for a week or two until I get a 360.

Help me pick this year's franchise team for me...

I want a team that will take time and energy to develop into a true playoff team. Can't be the 49ers or the Cardinals. I was thinking maybe the Lions but wanna hear other suggestions. I probably won't start this until I have a roster update, so assume the team rosters will be up to date.

Packers are a good project team. Decent defense, good QB in Favre and Rodger will be ready when you need him. Good RB depth in Amahn and Najeh. The biggest challange is the O Line, if you can get a decent blocking scheme going on, you'll be set to go.

That and AJ Hawk is really fast.