Madden 2007

Cole

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just possibly pulled together the best defense ever, and the season hasn't even started.

I'm doing a Baltimore Ravens franchise. First of all, I signed Ed Reed to a 6-year deal. Can't pass this guy up. He's the best at his position and he's young. I then released starting FS B.J. Ward (Makin' room, and plus he was a Seventy-something) and signed FS Lance Shulters (84) as his replacement. I signed Lance to a one year deal for two reasons. First, he's kinda getting up there in age. Second, I'm hoping the Broncos don't re-sign John Lynch so I can pick him up next season. Wow! Ed Reed and John Lynch on the same defense.

I then realized that I also nedd help at both outside linebacker positions (Bart Scott was my LOLB who is an 84). So I signed Jamie Sharper (91) to help my left outside linebacker position.

After the first preseason game (I simulated it and we won against the Giants) I was messing around with the depth charts and. Suprise! I realized Adalius Thomas, who was a 89 ROLB, was a 96 :w00t: LE. 96, being higher then Trevor Pryce (And a lot cheaper) I used Trevor for trade bait. I made a trade to the Broncos.

Broncos get:

Trevor Pryce (LE, 92)

Raven's 3rd Round Draft Pick

Ravens get:

Ian Gold (ROLB, 91)

Bronco's 3rd Round Draft Pick

Bronco's 5th Round Draft Pick

So now not one player on my defense is under 80. My D-Line and Linebacking corps are some of the best in the league, and I have multiple 90's on my starting defense.

:wub:

Edited by Raven52

I've just possibly pulled together the best defense ever, and the season hasn't even started.

I'm doing a Baltimore Ravens franchise. First of all, I signed Ed Reed to a 6-year deal. Can't pass this guy up. He's the best at his position and he's young. I then released starting FS B.J. Ward (Makin' room, and plus he was a Seventy-something) and signed FS Lance Shulters (84) as his replacement. I signed Lance to a one year deal for two reasons. First, he's kinda getting up there in age. Second, I'm hoping the Broncos don't re-sign John Lynch so I can pick him up next season. Wow! Ed Reed and John Lynch on the same defense.

I then realized that I also nedd help at both outside linebacker positions (Bart Scott was my LOLB who is an 84). So I signed Jamie Sharper (91) to help my left outside linebacker position.

After the first preseason game (I simulated it and we won against the Giants) I was messing around with the depth charts and. Suprise! I realized Adalius Thomas, who was a 89 ROLB, was a 96 :w00t: LE. 96, being higher then Trevor Pryce (And a lot cheaper) I used Trevor for trade bait. I made a trade to the Broncos.

Broncos get:

Trevor Pryce (LE, 92)

Raven's 3rd Round Draft Pick

Ravens get:

Ian Gold (ROLB, 91)

Bronco's 3rd Round Draft Pick

Bronco's 5th Round Draft Pick

So now not one player on my defense is under 80. My D-Line and Linebacking corps are some of the best in the league, and I have multiple 90's on my starting defense.

:wub:

Superstar mode as a QB sucks so fucking much. How can you QB if the camera is so close you can't see a damn thing.

BAH!!! I should have gotten Battle for Middle Earth II instead of this crap.

Edited by Pepsi

Superstar mode as a QB sucks so fucking much. How can you QB if the camera is so close you can't see a damn thing.

Edited by jase12881

Guest Bosstown Boy

Now, I've read reviews and read through this topic. In your opinion, is this game worth paying $49.99? I understand it's the NFL game, so I'll probably get it. I could buy this or get two Greatest Hits games like Prince of Persia or something.

:ohwell: I don't know whether to buy it or not.

Edited by Bosstown Boy

Most people that buy Madden buy it every year, so it's hard to really say, as it's never really that much different than the year before.

Just depends how big of a football fan you are, I suppose. I know I'm getting it.

Now, I've read reviews and read through this topic. In your opinion, is this game worth paying $49.99? I understand it's the NFL game, so I'll probably get it. I could buy this or get two Greatest Hits games like Prince of Persia or something.

:ohwell: I don't know whether to buy it or not.

If you're really in the need for an NFL football game, give it a rent. You're really looking at Madden 06 with the Superstar Mode it should've had when it debuted.

So is this game worth buying for the XBOX or PS2 (I have no intent to purchase the 360) or is it just a rental?

Rent it. If you like it enough, go for it on the XBox afterward. The online support is greatly improved over the PS2 (my PSTwo thought it would be cute to restart my connection to EA Nation every time I attempted to login.) Furthermore, the graphics aren't anything to go ape over for the current-gen systems.

Personally for everyone unhappy or skeptical of buying this, heres the key to the game...

DON'T PLAY SUPERSTAR MODE, IT SUCKS!

I'm a huge madden and EA fan boy, and will say it...I love the game, but the superstar mode sucked last year and is bad this year. I thought the new cameras would help out, but really...nah. They outgha try this mode on other games outside of football, it might work better (Baseball, Hockey, Basketball) I'd figure being able to play in baseball, hockey or basketball would be an easier experince as well as a better mode.

:pinch:[/endrant]

So go play some franchise!

According to the stupid tutorial thingy you can use the right analog stick to look left and right.

I dunno how this works though as i never played a QB.

Tried WR, CB, RB, MLB, and TE so far, and I like Tight End the best so far. Used the one that said my father was like the Tony Gonzales of his time...ended up way too high rated though...94 overall...as a rookie. That's like....just induct me into the hall of fame right now. :P

But being a tightend led to my favorite moment, when, on a kick return, my block opened up the lane the returner used for a touchdown.

I noticed that you can really start with some high rated players if you choose the right ones. A hall of fame father that was a corner back netted me a 90 overall rating. The same with a wide receiver hall of fame father that was: "The Randy Moss of his era."

I'm still looking for an option that nets me a fast running back though. Tried "Your father was the Larry Johnson of his time" and ended up with 90 speed....but i don't consider that fast as a halfback....then "Your father was a great all-around back" got me 92 speed...which is ok...but there's faster guys. I'd like to have a speed of 94 or better. Preferrably above 95.

Maybe I'll try the damn scatback one.

EDIT- Tried QB....yes the camera angle thing works. It's the right analog stick on PS2....probably the right control on xbox360 too. It moves the camera so you're looking at things from a different angle. It can be kind of confusing...but at least you're not looking at the center of the field all the time.

Again, I only have the ps2 version, so i can't say for others...but on PS2 you have a little option below the score when you pause the game. If you press R1 or L1 it changes it from human to CPU. If you just leave it on CPU all the time (It defaults to human the very first time you play your superstar), you will only get control of the game when your superstar is in.

So I played some franchise the other day. It's ever so slightly different. The main difference that I saw was the addition of roles. However, that brings me to the most annoying point of the PS2 version at least. The assigning of roles in the post season takes -forever-.

The offseason was already long from waiting for the computer to do everything, but it's even longer now because you have to spend an extra 10-15 minutes waiting for the computer to assign roles to players.

I mean, it was a cool idea, but not exactly worth the extra minutes you have to wait for it to go through.

The whole thing with being able to work out the draft picks is also cool in theory, but I doubt many people will use it alot other than the first few times, because it's so damn time consuming. But I guess it's nice to see how the incoming rookies will play in real game situations.

And I guess if you owned the game and didn't feel any time constraints (renting, you try to pack a lot into the rental period), it might be worthwhile to take your time and make the offseason a long, drawn out affair.

As for whether to rent or buy.....I personally may end up buying it... not because it's the best Madden, but because I didn't buy 2006 so it's either keep playing 2005....or continue to rent 2007 so many times that I pay nearly the purchase price with nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

What it comes down to is this....how often would you play a football game? If you're like me and you'd play football like the length of the NFL season, and somewhat beyond, it's worth it to buy it. If you just want to play some football on occasion...it's better to rent it. Frankly, it's not the biggest leap in the series, but it has some interesting features.

My favorite -small- change is actually the way the refs respond to replay challenges. Instead of 2006's "the call on the play stands" they say stuff such as "After reviewing the play, the player was down before the fumble occured. " on every kind of challenge except for ball spot (which they just say if the play stands or was reversed.)

Edited by jase12881

Personally, the offseason is one of my favorite parts of a franchise, so I don't mind the time it takes.

However, as far as waiting for the CPU to do things, that all processes much faster on PC than on PS2, so I don't know.

I got the xbox 360 version tuesday, does anyone happen to know or heard when they plan on releasing uniforms for download on xbox live? Or if there is anything else that's cool to download? Also, are you able to switch rosters from NCAA '07 to Madden '07 like you could with older versions on PS2?

Another silly question, that i'm sure has been talked about. How much different is the 360 to the other consoles? It seems to me from what I've heard from other people, that they are pretty different.