Madden 2007

Cole

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rented the game, Have played 10 seasons with my QB and a HB on Superstar, never can get into Franchise but I desperately want to. I retired my Halfback because every where he went he A) Failed or B) Second to Peyton Manning, or never a valuable asset. Then he got too old and I had to retire him. My QB made the HoF, 2 Back to Back Superbowls with the Redskins and the second most yards/touchdowns when he retired. So that's cool.

I'm going to go try Franchise again - and actually learn it. I still don't know of the blocking feature and I've had it for five days. Though from what I get it's a good rent, so I'd suggest it to most people.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be getting this for the Wii when I get a Wii for Christmas, so can somebody tell me how much better it is than 06?

Do you get more than 1 second in the pocket before your O-Line collapses and you're sacked? Does your team actually block on punts or just run around hoping the opposition will run into them? Is passing still like the krypton factor where you try to 'place' it to the left of the receiver only to throw it 6 miles out of bounds?

And any other tidbits would help.

Loving the graphics/presentation (360), hating the gameplay. Me and AD played, I was the Chargers at the Chiefs, KC won 66-28. WTF? I don't mind getting blown out, but that was ridiculous. Having constant shootouts against the CPU, too. Including with, of all teams, San Fransisco. And I've not registered a single sack with the Bears in the 3 or 4 games I've played. That's bloody weird. I got some sliders from Operation Sports, and they seemed to remedy things, but for some reason they didn't save, and I can't be arsed to manually input them every time I want to play. And where is the option for the Accelerated clock?

I enjoy superstar mode, particularly as a tight end or full back (can be a bitch to block sometimes as FB with the cameras), the cameras are a good idea, but there's some shitty angles. It'd be nice to have some adjustment options. And it'd be nice if the AI wasn't retarded when it comes to playcalling. Seriously, under a minute left in the game, all we need to do is get into field goal range and whack one through to win by 2 points, and Peyton Manning takes the snap and...takes a knee. Why?

Playing a QB in superstar mode isn't as easy as I first thought. Sure, I put up good numbers in the first two games with Oakland, but then I cranked up the difficulty wanting a bit more realistic numbers. The result? Throws that are miles from their intended target even when I make sure to set my feet. Most annoying pass of the whole game was on a stop and go by Randy Moss....he makes his stop....i wait...he starts streaking down the field, wide open. I throw....it goes about 15 yards forward and about half the field left, no where near my wide open receiver and right to the defense. There was no pressure at all, and my feet were set.

Also the camera angle seemed to screw with me more. Changing somewhat randomly right when I needed to see the other way. Sure made playing difficult. Game vs Denver I threw 5 interceptions and two touchdowns. ouch.

I don't like that importing players from NCAA seems to be a crap shoot with what their skills are. I play NCAA as Penn State...

In NCAA, Tony Hunt, my running back, had a speed of like 91 or 92. In Madden, his speed went down to an 86.

Justin King, my star corner, was also my kick/punt returner and won awards 2 times as a return man. Yet when I drafted him in NCAA, his return stat is a zero.

Deon Butler and Derrick Williams were two of my wideouts. I liked tossing to Butler alot more, since he seemed to get open faster then Williams. Butler won the heisman once, WR of the year 3 times, was a 2 time starting all american and a one time 2nd team all american (that was the first season I played) and had atleast double the stats of Williams. Yet when I simmeda season to see what the draft would look like, Williams is listed as a top five draft pick, Deon Butler a 2nd/3rd round choice

Oh yea, and Anthony Morelli, Penn States current QB, left for the draft as a 1st year senior and a heisman runner up. Yet when I imported that draft class, Morelli is no one to be found..jsut totally disappeared

Edited by Lint6

X360 - So what does putting a player who is out for the season through injury on IR actually do in this game? It should free up a space for you to add somebody to replace the injured player, but it doesn't. I have Julius Jones and Justin Beriault (out for the season with a broken collarbone and wrist, respectively) on IR but I still had to release a couple of other players to sign replacements for them. It's just stupid.

I don't like that importing players from NCAA seems to be a crap shoot with what their skills are. I play NCAA as Penn State...

In NCAA, Tony Hunt, my running back, had a speed of like 91 or 92. In Madden, his speed went down to an 86.

Justin King, my star corner, was also my kick/punt returner and won awards 2 times as a return man. Yet when I drafted him in NCAA, his return stat is a zero.

Deon Butler and Derrick Williams were two of my wideouts. I liked tossing to Butler alot more, since he seemed to get open faster then Williams. Butler won the heisman once, WR of the year 3 times, was a 2 time starting all american and a one time 2nd team all american (that was the first season I played) and had atleast double the stats of Williams. Yet when I simmeda season to see what the draft would look like, Williams is listed as a top five draft pick, Deon Butler a 2nd/3rd round choice

Oh yea, and Anthony Morelli, Penn States current QB, left for the draft as a 1st year senior and a heisman runner up. Yet when I imported that draft class, Morelli is no one to be found..jsut totally disappeared

X360 - So what does putting a player who is out for the season through injury on IR actually do in this game? It should free up a space for you to add somebody to replace the injured player, but it doesn't. I have Julius Jones and Justin Beriault (out for the season with a broken collarbone and wrist, respectively) on IR but I still had to release a couple of other players to sign replacements for them. It's just stupid.

Fucking EA. Get the rules right. Bears are down 20-14 with just under two minutes left in the 4th quarter. Rex has marched the team down to midfield (started on our own 10 after penalties and a sack). First down, play action, Rex drops back and throws, but a defender has moved in, doesn't actually hit him, but the ball bounces off his shoulderpad and bobbles away. Lions guy returns the 'fumble' for a TD. Naturally I challenge, as it was clearly an incomplete pass, but the play stands?!?!

There's so much wrong with this game (360), I'm just glad it was my brother who bought it and not me. All this fucking around with sliders just to get anything resembling a realistic game, can you imagine the scene during playtesting (if there was any)?

Must be a UK thing, because the Superstar mode in ours a fumble is NEVER called on a QB.

You've got to be kidding? The computer throws the ball backwards for fumbles ALL the time on my Superstar mode. The worse part is that it hits the field and half the time on the rush for the ball the QB kicks it OUT OF BOUNDS!