Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

Guest clintcasey

Norro's UPDATE: Well folks, the game's out now and all of us are enjoying it's splendid glory. Casey, hope you don't mind my hijacking your post, but looks like we need a spot for all of our friend codes, so this is where I'll be putting them all in. The list will be updated as much as I can, so always check back to try and find a fellow EWBer you'd like to have a brawl with!

abundant: 0258-9959-8617

Maxx: 3737-9203-4184

Vilge Duin: 0087-1979-6344

LL: 3523-1754-6425

Zero: 0173-1045-4810

Tywon: 4038-5758-2331

The Mask of Norro: 4811-6705-6555

GoGo: 4940-5206-3893

Shorty: 0860-3028-7426

PkmnTrainerJ: 2492-4173-6992

Skummy: 0431 - 0210 - 0928

ORIGINAL POST:

Nintendo has recently announced at E3 that the next installment of Super Smash Brothers which will come out for Wii. No word yet on just how many characters will be returning but Nintendo has confirmed 5 new characters including one that hasn't been seen on any Nintedo games ever too my knowledge they are:

# Pit (Kid Icarus)

# Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

# Zero Suit Samus (the blue "no-suit" Samus from Metroid: Zero Mission)

# Metaknight (Kirby)

# Wario (Wario)

Also apparently making an aperence in this game, a nintendog.

EDIT: they also said that there is a possibility that other 3rd party game characters will be included (ie: Maybe Sonic the Headgehog)

Snake.JPG

Edited by The Mask of Norro
Added J and Skummy

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Botmaster4lyfe

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the equation for why Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL will be the greatest game ever:

Kirby

+

Solid Snake

=

KIRBY WITH A MULLET.

E3 is over. Nintendo won. The last guy was hard.

As a Smash Brothers Melee afficionado, I am fucking STOKED for this game. I didn't think they could possibly top MetaKnight, and then SOLID SNAKE showed up.

But Bowser better fucking be in it or heads will roll, as I am a master of Gratuitous Bowser Style.

I've already decided to go for the Nintendo Wii since Sony opted to lie once again to its customers (no two versions ala Microsoft?) and put up an insanely steep price tag.

If they pull off online for this bad boy, I will be in a coma until launch day.

For those who have seen the video or read about it, Solid Snake + box + SSB arena = comedic GOLD.

Guest clintcasey

I've already decided to go for the Nintendo Wii since Sony opted to lie once again to its customers (no two versions ala Microsoft?) and put up an insanely steep price tag.

If they pull off online for this bad boy, I will be in a coma until launch day.

For those who have seen the video or read about it, Solid Snake + box + SSB arena = comedic GOLD.

Guest clintcasey

Snake. I guess you could argue that since the original Metal Gear game was released for computer and eventualy ported to the NES that the series has been on a nintendo console before, (although that was nearly 20 years ago) but Solid Snake wasn't in that game.

I've never really been fond of Super Smash Bros, but Snake, and possibly Sonic, would make it all worthwhile. Sonic vs Mario, all the time. ALL the time.

Snake. I guess you could argue that since the original Metal Gear game was released for computer and eventualy ported to the NES that the series has been on a nintendo console before, (although that was nearly 20 years ago) but Solid Snake wasn't in that game.

I dunno if I understand you or not, but did you say Solid Snake wasn't in the original Metal Gear?

And if we're accepting ports, Snake was on Gamecube in the remake of MGS, The Twin Snakes.

Guest clintcasey

I've never really been fond of Super Smash Bros, but Snake, and possibly Sonic, would make it all worthwhile. Sonic vs Mario, all the time. ALL the time.

I dunno if I understand you or not, but did you say Solid Snake wasn't in the original Metal Gear?

And if we're accepting ports, Snake was on Gamecube in the remake of MGS, The Twin Snakes.

Guest clintcasey

Yeah, but Earthbound was GREAT!!! And F-Zero was also good. Instead of ditching Ness they should instead improve his moveset to be on par with everybody else since they left him too weak. Plus they never let him use his Special Psychic attack that you get to name from the game and that was like his ultimate attack. Captain Falcon can stay too, but if they want to let him go I wouldn't misss him.

Yeah, Snake wasn't in the original Metal Gear, his debut was in Metal Gear Solid. I don't know if we're accepting ports or not though, I don't but I guess that a matter of opinion.

I'm fairly sure Solid Snake was in Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 : Solid Snake. The clue is in the name. Unless there's some sort of conspiracy I've missed, Solid Snake took on Gray Fox in the first one, Big Boss in the second one, Liquid Snake in MGS and so on. Feel free to enlighten me though, I have been wrong about these things before >_>

Yeah, but Earthbound was GREAT!!! And F-Zero was also good. Instead of ditching Ness they should instead improve his moveset to be on par with everybody else since they left him too weak. Plus they never let him use his Special Psychic attack that you get to name from the game and that was like his ultimate attack. Captain Falcon can stay too, but if they want to let him go I wouldn't misss him.

Edited by --J--

Guest clintcasey

Never played Earthbound, just saw Ness as unneccesary as Earthbound wasn't released outside Japan, and only just has it's sequel on the way.