The first album you bought.

probablyoliver

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish

Eh I still listen to it. It's not awful.

Could be worse.

I actually went to buy a best of Alice Cooper, but they didn't have it, so I bought that instead.

Guest JT179

First album I actually bought was AC/DC Back In Black. Got it along with a portable CD player with my first tax refund check. I was so proud of myself! I actually had something cool to match all those kids with money at the school.

Sweetness is one hell of a song...other than that I've never listened to much JEW...I've got access to the latest album (I think it's the latest anyway) but I can't be arsed to listen to it.

Now to the subject at hand...First album. "Definately Maybe" on tape...I was young at the time...I remember picking up "(What's the Story) Morning Glory", "The Great Escape" by Blur and "Travelling Without Moving" by Jamiroquai round about the same time...So I'd say it was about 95/96/97. These were mostly influenced on my brothers taste of music...in fact I think we may have bought some together...however after that I draw a blank and the next album I remember buying is "Just Enough Education To Perform" by The Stereophonics and two Travis albums "The Man Who" and that other one, the one where they were popular (:shifty:)...though my brother and I have some albums from between this period, I just can't remember buying them. So yeah, I always seemed a year or two out for the most part...but that's because I only really pick up cheap albums. Even now. I started buying a lot more albums a year or two ago...shit man, I have a Jennifer Lopez album gigging around somewhere. But I sort of gave up. The last album I remember buying was "Mew & The Glass Handed Kites" and it's awesome.

So yeah...I went into far more detail. "Definately Maybe" on tape. Which I actually found a month or so ago. Brought back memories.

Thats the weird thing with me...I only really started buying music 4-5 years ago, or really even paying much attention to it, but I've managed to buy/be given 450+ CD's in those 4-5 years.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Hanson's debut album...I win :(

Worrying thing is...it's not ACTUALLY that bad...plus I thought the lead singer was a hot girl...then I found out it was a guy and that was bad...bad.

Edited by TMM

Thats the weird thing with me...I only really started buying music 4-5 years ago, or really even paying much attention to it, but I've managed to buy/be given 450+ CD's in those 4-5 years.

Edited by YI

Fuck...that's a lot. I only really started buying CD's reguarly a year or two ago (Stopped now due to limited budget :shifty:) and I have somewhere around 100, I would estimate. However not all of those are 'legit' copies. Also I payed full price for very few of those. :shifty:

I buy from sales, second hand, Amazon marketplace, anywhere cheap, trade stuff in, etc etc.

A lot of my CD's weren't full price, looking at mostly £5-£6, some even cheaper depending on where I go.

But I literally seem to buy a good 15 a month, seemingly.

Add the fact that I tend to ask for CD's from people for birthdays, Christmas and such. And I spend all my tips on CD's.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Guest Small Red

First single: Man Utd's Glory Glory

First album: S Club 7's debut

And aww, grandpa Hammy, you remember buying your first vinyl for three shillings?