The first album you bought.

probablyoliver

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never bought an album in my entire life. Mostly due to lack of money, and the fact that half the albums I want can't be found here, which sucks. I'd buy online, but I'm underaged. So what's the (next) best thing?

Downloading, of course. :P

"Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water" by Limp Bizkit

Yes, unfortunately (in hindsight, at least) I bought that album with my own money and was the first rock I ever really listened to that wasn't on the radio. Oh well, what'cha gonna do but simply move on and listen to 10x the band in any band I listen to now?

The first album I actually went out and bought for myself was (What's the story) Morning Glory? by Oasis in '95. Before that I got stuff for Christmas and birthdays like the Now That's What I Call Music albums. The first single I bought was Axel F by Clock, and the first single I got given was the Power Rangers theme song.

Second hand CD stores are the one.

I dunno about where you live, Keith, but I have a CD Warehouse near me. Not only are they second hand, but also buy 2, get one free.

It also helps that they gave me another free one twice when I've been there by mistake.

BRMC by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club in 2002- absolutely mind-blowing to my 14 year old mind at the time.

Second hand CD stores are the one.

I dunno about where you live, Keith, but I have a CD Warehouse near me. Not only are they second hand, but also buy 2, get one free.

It also helps that they gave me another free one twice when I've been there by mistake.

There's a Cd warehouse sort of near me... they don't have one two get one free though!

They give you a card, and if you get ten stamps (one per cd) then you get a free cd.

Ahh, I assumed it was a company-wide promotion, not just for our shop. They've been doing it for a while though.

That stamp thing is pretty cool at least...anything that involves free CD's can't be argued with.

Fopp is another good CD store we have, with loads of CD's at the £3,£5 and £6 range, so if anyone has one of them near them, it is worth looking at.

Theres one called Sellanby in South Harrow which is great for old rock/metal stuff. Not so much new things. And you have to search through a lot of crap... but its such a good feeling when you get a bargain.

Stuck Mojo - Rising £2

I don't think they'll ever be a better bargain.

But yeah. I get a lot of Stiff Little Fingers from there, as well as maiden, metallica, megadeth and slayer.

The MVC near me used to have the best second hand bin, but they closed down. I got Manowar, Machinehead and others from there. It was quality.

FOPP Just opened in Camden didn't it? We Are Scientists opened it. I was supposed to go.. but.. didn't.