Showdown: Legends of Wrestling

Miami Vice

does bobby have throat cancer?

He did, but he successfully beat it and is recuperating, last time I checked.

And this isn't something I'll invest in. They could do so much more with a game like this, but they chose not to. That and Acclaim haven't done a good wrestling game since WWF Attitude.

Guest TheKarnivalShow

I am going to rent this game just to make some legendary matches and such but by reading everyone's opinion on it, I will have to wait until I play it before I buy it.

Notes: Gameplay sucks, and the announcing gets annoying fast. The venues are great though!

Ex. Maple Leaf Gardens, The SkyDome, MSG, The Boston Garden, The Omni, The Cow Palace and many more. Plus, Gary Michael Cappette does the introductions. And yes, the Stinger splash is in the game.

Just checked out some videos on IGN and it looks pretty damn good, and super holy shit I swear that is Mike Tenay and Tony Schivone commentating, if so that would make it even better. It looks a little unrealistic in parts and fast also, but that's fine.

On the UK Game website it says July 2nd realese, is that true? because they normally talk shit and say that when the game is already out. I'll rent it from Blockbuster once its in there thats for sure. Shit, even Sting is in it. If this game has good gameplay it will be bloody awesome. Also please let the stinger splash be in this game, I swear no wrestling game has that move.

It's out in the UK/

Guest TheKarnivalShow

I was at Gamestop today and got to play this game. The amount of wrestlers and venues it amazing. The gameplay is alright but the announcing like everyone has said get annoying quickly.

It's out in the UK/

God the Game site is seriously so gay then.

Why the fuck does it always seem to get everything wrong? If its already out then the Game stores will have it, as they get the game the same time as nearly every other store. So why the heck isn't it listed on the site?

Oh well I might go into town tomorrow, hopefully Blockbuster already has it. Any idea how long its been out?

Oh, it is going to be available for Gamecube?  Far out.

That has to be the first use of the phrase "Far out" I've heard in YEARS. :P

LOW:S looks....shit. :(

Why don't they just give up? They have loads of decent ideas, but can never get them down in a game properly.

Gary Michael Cappette does the introductions.

COULD IT GET ANY WORSE? That guy adds about fifty syllables to a three letter word :P I'll never forget the way he announces "Flllllyyyyyy-innnn Bryy-iiinnnnn!" He just has the most annoyingly boring voice in history.

Edited by TheReilDeal

The greatest part about this game is the roster: Dusty Rhodes, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Sting, Randy Savage. It is a little dissappointing that others like RIC FLAIR aren't it it, but still, it's nice to have some of the old greats. As for buying the game, I suggest against it. Yeah, the game is great fun, but the single play mode is none existant after around 3 hours, and that's if you've never played a Legends game before. The Classic matchs are a nice touch, but they only have 15, so they go by quickly.

As the annoucing and commentary. The commentary is tons better than it was on Smackdown, but yes it gets annoying extremely quickly. It's nice to here the announcers interacting with each other and talking about the wrestlers history.

Graphics: 7

Sound: 6

Control: 6

Fun Factor: 8

Replay Value: 2

Overall: 6

Guest apeschris0

I'm almost getting the feeling that I shouldn't buy this game.

For the people who own/played the game, do you think someone who even still enjoys WWF Warzone would lke this?

Edited by apeschris0