What Next-Gen System Will You Be Getting?

illmatic

102 members have voted

1. 1. What system will you be getting?

• Wii
    • Playstation 3
    • XBox 360
    • All Three
    • Wii & XBox 360
    • XBox 360 & Playstation 3
    • Wii & Playstation 3
    • None

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wii by about ten dozen miles. I have no interest in the 360 (as is standard with the XBox they have absolutely nothing in the way of games that appeal to me. Unless KOTOR III was announced and I missed it.), and the PS3 will be good but it will be years before I buy one because I just can't afford one.

The Wii, comparitively, is cheap and has a bunch of games I'm really interested in playing (SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Wario Ware, even Wii Sports). It's a good year to be a Nintendo diehard.

I love how Nintendo is really going out of the box with this console. It looks really appealing. The only reason why I think I want an XBOX360 is because that Wii controller doesn't look suitable to sports games too much, and I want Madden 07, NHL 2K7 and the like. If I somehow get two systems, I get the 360 and the Wii.

Guest Takayamanofear

Really it’s a tough call for me, Right now I am a poor college kid. The 360 does not appeal much to me because I don’t like games like Halo and I am more of an sports gamer.GTA being on the Xbox is kind of making me lean but online play means little or nothing to me. I want the PS3 badly but I don’t want to get the cheaper one and don’t know if I can afford the advanced one and the Blu ray stuff does nothing for me. Also I got a small TV for the dorm want to upgrade so I might be willing to buy the cheaper version for trade off for a bigger tv.

I like the concept of Wii but when I look at it the controller will be weird and also I don’t trust Nintendo every since the 64 I will wait at least a year to see how well it does.

The Wii by about ten dozen miles. I have no interest in the 360 (as is standard with the XBox they have absolutely nothing in the way of games that appeal to me. Unless KOTOR III was announced and I missed it.), and the PS3 will be good but it will be years before I buy one because I just can't afford one.

The Wii, comparitively, is cheap and has a bunch of games I'm really interested in playing (SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Wario Ware, even Wii Sports). It's a good year to be a Nintendo diehard.

KotoR wasn't announced. The idea makes me tingle, though. Happy thoughts.

I will get the Wii for one reason: you're getting seven different consoles in one. You're getting a Sega Genesis, a Turbo Graffix 16, a NES, a SNES, a N64, and a Gamecube as well as the Wii. Not to mention, while Nintendo isn't going full-tilt with the online feature, it's at least wised up to the notion of downloadable content.

Still, though, I stand by my notion that if the Wii doesn't fare well, Nintendo is dead in the water.

Guest clintcasey

I'm not sure about the other two systems, it all hinges on my money situation, but I will deffinatly get a Wii, probably at launch. Infact I'll probably put in for my pre-order the day those start.

On a side note someone mentioned development of KoToR 3. I looked into it recently myself. As far as I can tell it hasn't realy started yet but its because the team that is going to be working on it has been busy making Neverwinter Nights 2. I suspect after the title launches development will begin but as of right now if they started working on it today I wouldn't expect it to come out till 2008. I also suspect that the game will launch on X-box 360 and PS3 and then come out on PC much later.

As a Sony diehard, if there is such a thing, I'll be getting a PS3 eventually when it drops sufficiently in price. However I find it surprising that I'm actually considering the Wii, since I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the SNES (and even then I never valued Nintendo too highly as I was always a Sega boy at heart). If I find myself feeling not too poor one month and come across it in the shops then who knows what could happen.

But Wii is pronounced "Wee". I couldn't buy a console that sounds like wee!

Anyway there's only gonna be one for me and it's the PS3, but I'll be getting a PSP before that. Sadly I'm Sony through and through and still have total faith in their product.

which ones are getting gta?

360 and PS3.

As for Nintendo; Nintendo is the one company that has a definite cult of personality going, and they always, ALWAYS make a theatrical show about their stuff (Reggie Fils-Aime's speech this year is the best example of this). If you buy what they're selling, then usually you REALLY buy into it, or you really don't.